Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kellsterik posted:

Well, the nature of the power is that a different "lasting effect" occurs with each night action. So if I used a different power, I would not investigate as scum. I didn't actually know what a Miller was until I googled it just now.
Yes but you did use the power that makes you investigate scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Right, I was just clarifying that it's temporary rather than an inherent part of my role.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kellsterik posted:

Right, I was just clarifying that it's temporary rather than an inherent part of my role.

Clarification: do you appear as scum from this point forward because you used that power?

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
As I understand it, I do currently, but will no longer investigate as scum once I use another power. Two of my lasting effects are mutually exclusive, which is why I infer that they are one effect at a time.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mmhmmm

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Probably going to Sleep on this

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Kellsterik posted:

Alright, I figured I was pretty much dead in the water at this point, but as long as I have an opportunity to claim i'll take it.

Hey fyi this isn't what town sounds like when they roleclaim. Scum usually "take the opportunity" to fakeclaim because they work on them and are excited to use them. Town are "forced to claim" because they know it has a high chance of rendering them useless.

This reads like scum POV for claiming to me, happy to lynch ##vote Kellsterik.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Kellsterik (5): yuming, Savahontas, Captain Foo, Juanito, fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie, busb
yuming (1): Asiina, Strong Mouse, Strong Mouse
busb (0): fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie

Not Voting (5): chaoslord, Elephant, fiery_valkyrie, Kellsterik, Strong Mouse

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 20th, 2014 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm back home now.

Also I am not entirely sure that my action last night wouldn't have given Kell a result to see. It's iffy, but I definitely got a result indicating I was successful.

I guess it would depend what "etc" refers to since I am not a cop or a watcher.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also I definitely meant to unvote yuming in my big effortpost the other day. Sorry, I thought I did.

##unvote

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

busb posted:

Hey fyi this isn't what town sounds like when they roleclaim. Scum usually "take the opportunity" to fakeclaim because they work on them and are excited to use them. Town are "forced to claim" because they know it has a high chance of rendering them useless.

This reads like scum POV for claiming to me, happy to lynch ##vote Kellsterik.

Looking forward to being proved innocent posthumously, then.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Kellsterik posted:

##unvote

Who do you think is scum?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I just caught up with the thread, I've been a bit busy.

I don't have anything WOW groundshaking to add.

I still want to lynch Kell. If someone wants me to comment on someone else specifically please let me know.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

busb posted:

##unvote

Who do you think is scum?
I second this!

Also want to hear more opinions from Mr. Mouse.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
yuming, what do you think about Foo? Nothing specific, but how does his posting ping ya?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Juanito posted:

yuming, what do you think about Foo? Nothing specific, but how does his posting ping ya?
The post he made analyzing the votes on tearshed seemed sincere to me. Yes it was contingent on some weird theory wrt Elephant, but that weirdness is what I liked about it.

I feel like town are more often weird than scum. Scum aren't that creative. :sparkles:

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

yuming posted:

The post he made analyzing the votes on tearshed seemed sincere to me. Yes it was contingent on some weird theory wrt Elephant, but that weirdness is what I liked about it.

I feel like town are more often weird than scum. Scum aren't that creative. :sparkles:
Yeah, I think you're right..

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

yuming posted:

I second this!

Also want to hear more opinions from Mr. Mouse.

I think Kell is probably scum, I really think fv is scum, and I still think elephant may be scum.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Juanito posted:

Yeah, I think you're right..

Juanito are you coasting scum? This kind of posting of yours rings a bell with me.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Nope.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Oh ok.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I'm just curious people's thoughts about Foo. Nobody thinks anything about him, and that's fine.. means it's just me and my ~vibes~

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
I agree with Juanito but when I read back through Foo there was nothing specific to point to, so at this point it's just a useless observation.

I don't know that I'll be around much tomorrow, I am good with my vote on Kells.

As we discussed, the roles are randomized, so it doesn't matter that the role is scummy (or if it'd been town). I still think it's a good bet.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I still want to hear his thoughts anyway. All we have is an opinion on Elephant which he backed away from because of the roleclaim, which we know means nothing.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
okay, so I went through Foo's post history to try and find some of the things that I'd noticed. I removed some of the dumb stuff, and this is really the main thing:

Juanito posted:

I think I like fiery as a target. Friday night deadline is tough though, so it might be Elephant.

It may just be fine if it's Elephant, because he'd probably be a big target tomorrow.

He quotes the "It may just be fine" portion of my post and says:

Captain Foo posted:

this wording seems weird to me

"this wording seems weird to me" pings me the wrong way, because it doesn't seem sincere. I think this is the kind of post that you'd make if you were scum, and looking for something to grab onto (or hoping someone else does). If you were town, and it bothered you'd make a bigger deal about it. It's harder to do when you're actually scum though. I think he's mostly looking to poke people and see what happens. He drops this angle pretty quickly, after I respond.

Also asks me about Elephant on D2 (after I said Elephant would probably be a target if he survived D1). Feels like he could have been trying to push me at Elephant.

Some of his posts seem to have been decent though, and after looking at things, I'm not convinced of anything about Foo. Probably town.

Thanks for reading.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I want to vote Kells. I know a couple of people have said they are interested in hearing who he thinks is scum but imo he's had plenty of time to do that and hasn't. I'll give him a few more hours if people want to give him a little more time but if people are fine with going now I'll place my vote.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I've thought about kells more and still feel good about voting him, but I am gonna ##unvote (for reasons below) What someone said about "this isn't how town claims" rang p true, his other behavior has been fairly bad, and the role he claimed seems to me to be more harmful to town than helpful.

Also, if we believe the claim then asiina has a targetable night action that isn't an investigation; plenty of options for that.

In addition, I do feel kinda weird about how busb hopped right back off his vote with only

Kellsterik posted:

As a defense. I don't want kells to get hammered before I hear more about this.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Kell actually sounds sincere.. I'm definitely conflicted.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Juanito why do you keep ending sentences with two periods

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Foo why do you ask questions without a question mark

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Juanito posted:

Foo why do you ask questions without a question mark

phone posting, laziness, and yospos

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bithc

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I didn't find a better person to go after in my readthrough than Kells.

##vote Kellsterik

That will put them at -2. They've had ~18 hours to pop in to answer the question of who they think is scum, most of which has been within 24 hours of the deadline. Before that, they've been as close to a lynch as -1 and rather than put forth another lynch candidate they settled on basically saying "well I guess you will see how wrong you are when I flip." Kells has not given any reads. A gut vote of Elephant followed by jumping on the tearshed bandwagon. They've also posted in other threads but haven't found their way back here. To me, they read as either scum or that they've given up on this game.

I'm willing to entertain other cases if someone puts one forward, for sure, but this is my #1. I'll be around for deadline if it takes that long but I'll be gone from around 600 central to... hm. Call it 830 central to be safe.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Kellsterik (4): yuming, Savahontas, Captain Foo, Juanito, fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie, busb, busb, Captain Foo, chaoslord
yuming (0): Asiina, Strong Mouse, Strong Mouse, Asiina
busb (0): fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie

Not Voting (7): Asiina, busb, Captain Foo, Elephant, fiery_valkyrie, Kellsterik, Strong Mouse

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 20th, 2014 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 6 hours, 30 minutes.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

busb posted:

I still want to hear his thoughts anyway. All we have is an opinion on Elephant which he backed away from because of the roleclaim, which we know means nothing.

Asiina posted:

I'm back home now.

Also I am not entirely sure that my action last night wouldn't have given Kell a result to see. It's iffy, but I definitely got a result indicating I was successful.

I guess it would depend what "etc" refers to since I am not a cop or a watcher.

I've been thinking over Asiina's motives for this post. Is it a way to make their role ambiguous again after I implied a hint to their role by saying they didn't give me an investigate action? What night actions could exist in this game that don't yield an investigation-like result? My very first thought was "could it be that they're a doctor and trying to suggest that without leaving themselves open?" But I decided that wasn't likely, because A it feels like me overthinking and B the scum could make the same inference as a town. Plus, as we've seen with the role flips so far, there exist more oblique night actions like ##indict and ##forget. Maybe someone more insightful than me can read more into this sort of quasi-claim, but I feel like there's something accurate that can be gleaned here.

yuming posted:

I still want to lynch Kell. If someone wants me to comment on someone else specifically please let me know.

Yuming has been leading the charge to lynch me today. I'd like her to briefly explain why she still thinks i'm scum now that the deadline is close and i'm the leading lynch candidate.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

While thoughts, neither of those are actual cases.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Captain Foo posted:

I've thought about kells more and still feel good about voting him, but I am gonna ##unvote (for reasons below) What someone said about "this isn't how town claims" rang p true, his other behavior has been fairly bad, and the role he claimed seems to me to be more harmful to town than helpful.

Also, if we believe the claim then asiina has a targetable night action that isn't an investigation; plenty of options for that.

In addition, I do feel kinda weird about how busb hopped right back off his vote with only

As a defense. I don't want kells to get hammered before I hear more about this.

mistake 1 in this post: you believe a claim that could be of benefit to town means anything in regards to alignment
mistake 2 in this post: thinking i think kell is less scummy for his protestation, which anyone of any alignment would do.

not mistake 1 in this post: Wanting Kell to give an opinion about players' alignments.

And we still don't have anything from him about alignments.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sorry I've been neglecting this game since I got back. I will reread and vote for someone after dinner. Should still be time before deadline.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
I'm around.

I don't think Kells has contributed anything to change my mind. I do think his 'we'll see what happens!' post is sort of townie, the way the claim was sorta scummy. So if busb was voting mainly based on the claim coming out opportunistic, I can see how that'd sway him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Savahontas posted:

I'm around.

I don't think Kells has contributed anything to change my mind. I do think his 'we'll see what happens!' post is sort of townie, the way the claim was sorta scummy. So if busb was voting mainly based on the claim coming out opportunistic, I can see how that'd sway him.

My brain says he's scummy and acting like scum would. My gut says I'm wrong.

We don't really have another option right now though, which bothers me. Do you have a #2?

• Locked thread