Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Anytime Oregon loses it is a national tragedy and a step back for the sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
I've enjoyed DirecTV having the SEC network and their late night SEC classics. Fell asleep to 2004 Tennessee - Florida last night.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

MourningView posted:

Agreed

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

MourningView posted:

Hmmm, a I-AA back ran for almost 200 yards at 8 yards a carry on these guys and a walk on fullback just went for 150. Time to bomb away with Case McCoy.

I thought I had put last season behind me but I guess I didn't. Thanks a lot jerk :argh:

Also Louisiana is pretty except for North Louisiana which isn't really ugly just lots of trees and looks exactly like Mississippi / Alabama / Georgia.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

The Arizona game last year was pretty cool but I like anytime a heavy favorite gets totally dominated.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Baylor/Texas Tech had a crazy fun first quarter that ended 21-20 for Baylor with lots of big plays by both teams. It got less interesting as it wore on and Baylor took more and more control though.

Nereid
Sep 17, 2009

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar
USC - Mizzou was great for Connor Shaw and an amazing comeback OT win. I'd only watch the 4th quarter on tho. That's when Shaw comes in, the walking wounded, and kicks some serious rear end.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Arizona game last year was pretty cool but I like anytime a heavy favorite gets totally dominated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGLlkKyrdU4

What a fun game that was.

EDIT: I still can barely believe Arizona won 8 games last year with an offense that consisted of one (1) Ka'Deem Carey and basically nothing else.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nereid posted:

USC - Mizzou was great for Connor Shaw and an amazing comeback OT win. I'd only watch the 4th quarter on tho. That's when Shaw comes in, the walking wounded, and kicks some serious rear end.

I don't know how much rear end he kicked but he did teach the Missouri defense what a screen is, there's only so much practice time and they never got around to that before.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

You can go ahead and laugh at me that week, too, because I'm actually thinking Arkansas will beat them. I'd be more confident if it weren't at Jordan-Hare.

My brain says that it's certainly possible, but my heart says "gently caress Bret Bielema and it will be funny if he goes 0-for-the-SEC again".

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MourningView posted:

One day Washington will beat Oregon again.

One day.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm loving done with this poo poo

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

You can go ahead and laugh at me that week, too, because I'm actually thinking Arkansas will beat them. I'd be more confident if it weren't at Jordan-Hare.

Brandon Allen is still our starting QB. I was very happy when last season ended because I thought I would never have to say/type that sentence again but, well, here we are. I think he just might be the worst starting QB we have had given I don't remember anyone before Stoerner and I don't really count AJ Derby or Nathan Dick since, what, they both started like two games? If we can cover the spread I'll consider it a good day.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

MourningView posted:

Don't watch the Civil War from 2013 then.

DO watch the UCLA/Oregon game.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Lol I forgot until now that Arkansas actually let AJ Derby play QB. After he left Iowa because they wanted to make him a linebacker he completed like 40% of his passes at some juco.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Bedlam was loving awesome last year, watch that.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

MourningView posted:

Lol I forgot until now that Arkansas actually let AJ Derby play QB. After he left Iowa because they wanted to make him a linebacker he completed like 40% of his passes at some juco.

He's a TE now! But yeah, his bio page describing last year is pretty fantastic

quote:

*Derby saw action in seven games and made his first career start at Rutgers
*He finished the year 19-of-36 passing for 178 yards and one touchdown with a pass efficiency rating of 97.92
*He made his season debut vs. Southern Miss and was 4-of-6 with 36 yards passing and 10 rushing yards while leading the Razorbacks to a 24-3 victory
*He was 14-of-26 passing for 137 yards in his first career start at Rutgers, including a career-long 18-yard pass
*He was 1-of-2 for five yards vs. No. 8 Auburn
*He also saw action at No. 18 Florida, vs. No. 14 South Carolina, at No. 1 Alabama and at Ole Miss

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Quandary posted:

Definitely.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Quandary posted:

Oh man, that was a fantastic game.

Did anyone recommend the Sugar Bowl yet?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
We lost one of our starting offensive linemen and more importantly a really good dude and im a loving wreck

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

One day Washington will beat Oregon again.

One day.

It is a dream too good for this world :(

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Detroit_Dogg posted:

We lost one of our starting offensive linemen and more importantly a really good dude and im a loving wreck

I'm assuming you're talking about Kent here and not MSU because you used "we" and are more qualified to talk about Kent State dude goodness.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Have any of the UGA guys here been paying attention to how Mason has done in camp this fall? If so, I'd be curious what the reports have been like. There's no way he's going to perform at Murray's level, but I'm hoping for better than JT3.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

chaoslord posted:

He's a TE now! But yeah, his bio page describing last year is pretty fantastic

If he'd committed to it early enough he could have been a great LB, TE, or possibly DE. He's an athletic kid with great size, and he looked like a natural when Iowa put him on special teams after moving him to LB. He was a good safety in high school too. But he couldn't let the QB dream go and now it's too late.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

vikingstrike posted:

Have any of the UGA guys here been paying attention to how Mason has done in camp this fall? If so, I'd be curious what the reports have been like. There's no way he's going to perform at Murray's level, but I'm hoping for better than JT3.

JT3 wasn't remotely a D1A-caliber QB; he was merely taking snaps and handing off to Lumpkin/Ware/Brown until Stafford could nurse away his hangovers from Friday night Milledge Avenue parties. By beating Trek, Mason's better than JT3 ever was.

The real question is whether or not he's better than Joe Cox. Good word out of camp is that he's tightened up his mechanics and is working to cut down on turnovers, something the Ginger Ninja never could do. Bad news is that he'll occasionally come out of practice with a dead arm. That'll get you scared, but then he'll be fine the next practice, so who knows.

Honestly, Mason's far down the list of my concerns about this team. We've already seen him in relevant gametime and he's....fine. If poo poo goes sideways, he can always just dump a bunch of screens to Gurley and let him mow through eight guys for a first down. One hopes. Or the OL could continue to be all over the place for the Dawgs, leading to a bunch of sacks and Joe Coxerceptions.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I feel like Todd Gurley is good for like eight wins just by himself, but if he gets banged up again as much as he did last year, that could be a problem.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

RumbleFish posted:

I feel like Todd Gurley is good for like eight wins just by himself, but if he gets banged up again as much as he did last year, that could be a problem.

The idea here is that healthy Marshall + Chubb + Michel + Douglas would be better than Georgia's RB rotation at its lowpoint last season, which was Douglas + JJ Green, who were only serviceable in a "I'm watching 2003 Georgia" sort of way.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Tom Withers ‏@twithersAP 2m
Kent State says football player has died in his sleep.

Well this sucks.

:smith:.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

FuzzySkinner posted:

Tom Withers ‏@twithersAP 2m
Kent State says football player has died in his sleep.

Well this sucks.

:smith:.

For some reason I assumed he meant lost to injury. That's pretty awful :smith:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Tom Withers ‏@twithersAP 11s
Kent State says center Jason Bitsko was found unresponsive in bedroom of his off-campus apartment. Teammates were told at end of practice.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

VDay posted:

For some reason I assumed he meant lost to injury. That's pretty awful :smith:

Damnit, I was thinking this too. Sorry Dogg :(

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Tom Withers ‏@twithersAP 11s
Kent State says center Jason Bitsko was found unresponsive in bedroom of his off-campus apartment. Teammates were told at end of practice.

Do we know what happened yet? Like was it an illness or something related to an injury?

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Morby posted:

Do we know what happened yet? Like was it an illness or something related to an injury?

The report on it I can find says "undisclosed medical issue."

:smith:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh man that's awful :(

Condolences, Dogg.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Basil Hayden posted:

The report on it I can find says "undisclosed medical issue."

:smith:

That's really terrible. Hope his family will be ok.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

MourningView posted:

If he'd committed to it early enough he could have been a great LB, TE, or possibly DE. He's an athletic kid with great size, and he looked like a natural when Iowa put him on special teams after moving him to LB. He was a good safety in high school too. But he couldn't let the QB dream go and now it's too late.

Apparently he had a beautiful one handed catch the other day in a scrimmage. He's rotating with the number 1 tight ends in an offense that uses them a lot so it's possible he can still get recognized this year. He should never have been the back-up last year but the real back-up transferred after losing the QB competition and all we had otherwise was a couple of true freshmen.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Jesus, that's terrible.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
That's awful, sorry Dogg

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MourningView posted:

Disagree. Watching that game in Portland surrounded by Oregon fans who spent a good hour leading up to the game talking trash about the Stanford and the SEC and old man football, then having them get comprehensively beaten by quintessentially old man football, was pretty hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
watching Oregon struggle against the worst Texas defense in a gozillion years was pretty hilarious

• Locked thread