Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I mean wait no girls love me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

theflyingorc posted:

edit: eh, from two different sources I found on google it looks like ~33% for gay men and about ~10% for straight couples
so much for the dominant culture of anal penetration (analism©)

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Sham bam bamina! posted:

so much for the dominant culture of anal penetration (analism©)

it IS true that most butt stuff that happens is, in fact, in a ladybutt

another category where us straights (im not gay) win

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

theflyingorc posted:

(im not gay)

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

stoutfish posted:

quote this if you are a cock rub warrior who don't need no anal

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

theflyingorc posted:

0? I know that it's not a huge gay buttpartytime everytime, but i'm seriously surprised if the difference isn't statistically significant at all cuz', y'know

i mean, i feel like if i were gay it would be way higher on my priority list

im not gay who said i was gay

edit: eh, from two different sources I found on google it looks like ~33% for gay men and about ~10% for straight couples

probably depends on the study and if they're talking to people of both genders who are homosexual and then saying "homosexual intercourse has about as much buttsex as straight people"

i'd say this is a bad derail but it's literally butt talk so

also it's not talking about horrible people doing horrible things so probably an improvement

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
has anyone said butt yet

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
buttstuffcoin

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

The Management posted:

buttstuffcoin

this is actually an alt of that consent coin that was talked about a few pages ago

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

stoutfish posted:

quote this if you are a cock rub warrior who don't need no anal

sharknado slashfic posted:

no girls love me

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

This thread has become 900% more interesting, this is good for buttcoin because

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
ugh, now i have to update the buttchain to take into account the percentile of heterosexual and homosexual butt interactions

forking the butts

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

stoutfish posted:

ugh, now i have to update the buttchain to take into account the percentile of heterosexual and homosexual butt interactions

forking the butts

but it gives you two lines, which are twice as good as one line

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
dicks are going up uP UP butts

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
get the butt(er|coin)

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

in satoshi news hal finney, one of the candidates for being satoshi, lost the buttle against ALS today and is taking a permanent ice bucket challenge by getting his head flash frozen until the singularity or the rapture or whatever comes first

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

theflyingorc posted:

this is actually an alt of that consent coin that was talked about a few pages ago

backsidechain

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

go on

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

trucutru posted:

Tantric sex, but with bitcoin.

hold

hold

hold

confirmation

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Greyhawk posted:

getting his head flash frozen until someone unplugs that freezer due to nonpayment.

the way all of these will end

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Is someone going to remember to warn the developers before to many big events like the dominca thing? (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 3 minutes ago by warningbtc

Every day bitcoin events get bigger and bigger, today it was announced 70,000 people would be given bitcoin. Maybe next week 170,000 and a year from now 700,000.

But imagine that 700,000 person event happens, someone today announces that they are throwing a party and are going to spread bitcoin and throw a bitcoin festival and 700,000 people come. And the world watches this new thing and this exciting party.

And everyone gets there and reporters bring their camera and everyone is excited to start useing bitcoin, and people start buying and selling and then the whole place is shook by a large wet fart noise of the whole blockchain totally overloading. transactions can't go through anymore, the blocks is full. stuff isn't processing, people have to wait and wait and wait and everything stays unconfirmed. ATMs won't sell, stores can only rely on zero confirmations, People go to websites to sell their massive profits and transactions take hours or days and eventually get removed from the memepool uncompleted. And generally every reporter reports "oh, bitcoin was a joke" and report "bitcoin broke" and never follow up the story where it later gets fixed.

Basically, don't we need to raise the limit BEFORE this happens?

If someone tomorrow figured out a way to get bitcoin 7 million active users all using it at once. They would basically need to try and call the bitcoin head office to beg the bitcoin developers to please give them permission. Or become programmers and start a competing branch of bitcoin. Or basically in some way beg permission.

Hasn't the solution to this problem been in the wiki long enough? Is there any reason for the delay? Is the only way this is going to be changed if bitcoin actually DOES get the sort of success the community wishes for and then poops it's pants in public with a blockchain that can't handle more than toy amounts of transactions because someone is currently in charge of hand picking how many people are allowed to use bitcoin at once and have hand picked that they don't really like bitcoin being any bigger than this.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Robawesome posted:

Is someone going to remember to warn the developers before to many big events like the dominca thing? (self.Bitcoin)

Every day bitcoin events get bigger and bigger, today it was announced 70,000 people would be given bitcoin. Maybe next week 170,000 and a year from now 700,000.

But imagine that 700,000 person event happens, someone today announces that they are throwing a party and are going to spread bitcoin and throw a bitcoin festival and 700,000 people come. And the world watches this new thing and this exciting party.

And everyone gets there and reporters bring their camera and everyone is excited to start useing bitcoin, and people start buying and selling and then the whole place is shook by a large wet fart noise of the whole blockchain totally overloading. transactions can't go through anymore, the blocks is full. stuff isn't processing, people have to wait and wait and wait and everything stays unconfirmed. ATMs won't sell, stores can only rely on zero confirmations, People go to websites to sell their massive profits and transactions take hours or days and eventually get removed from the memepool uncompleted. And generally every reporter reports "oh, bitcoin was a joke" and report "bitcoin broke" and never follow up the story where it later gets fixed.

If someone tomorrow figured out a way to get bitcoin 7 million active users all using it at once. They would basically need to try and call the bitcoin head office to beg the bitcoin developers to please give them permission. Or become programmers and start a competing branch of bitcoin. Or basically in some way beg permission.

Hasn't the solution to this problem been in the wiki long enough? Is there any reason for the delay? Is the only way this is going to be changed if bitcoin actually DOES get the sort of success the community wishes for and then poops it's pants in public with a blockchain that can't handle more than toy amounts of transactions because someone is currently in charge of hand picking how many people are allowed to use bitcoin at once and have hand picked that they don't really like bitcoin being any bigger than this.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

wiki callouts and pants pooping in one post, the august boom has indeed been kind.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Robawesome posted:

but who was it?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
hahaha, a solution on the wiki? no my friend, the problem is on the wiki, so it's ALREADY solved.

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal
i'm just quoting this so people don't miss it if they skim it or ignore it

that post posted:

the whole place is shook by a large wet fart noise of the whole blockchain totally overloading. transactions can't go through anymore, the blocks is full

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
to be fair, as far as i can tell coinapult would be operating a wallet service that lets you transfer funds using SMS

i.e. they would helpfully be holding all the coins and operating as a regular SMS banking service. likely doing most transfers off the blockchain

which means that the push isn't "use bitcoins as a currency", but "use the mongodb database of a panama based startup as a currency"

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO1Q7F23DxM

Are we still talking about people putting coins in butts?

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Greyhawk posted:

unfunny anecdote: an ex-girlfriend spent a looooot of money and time being highly trained in "non-violent communications". unfortunately whenever she opened her mouth to utter anything, it was usually an affront to whichever group was adressed. nonetheless she was extremely proud in her non-violent people skills non-ironically.

realtalk "non-violent communication" is a good book that everyone on the planet would benefit from reading once. but lol at taking a course. even just the book by itself is pretty thin.

if someone is being a conversational fuckhead at you, do not react or be a fuckhead back. just keep responding with "So you're saying [restate what they just said]", and unironically try very hard to make sure you're repeating back to them what they've said in a way that they will find accurate. keep doing this, unironically, until they feel heard. it will be an obvious no matter how spergtastic you are.

90% of the book's theory is that most communication goes off the rails because both parties feel the other person isn't listening, and when a person feels "not listened to" they themselves stop listening. so they recommend the most explicit possible way of making it clear that you are hearing what the other person wants you to hear.

it's a little awkward to do the first few times because it feels condescending, but holy poo poo. even if you don't read up past what i've posted here, just try it once. change your life.

e: lol butts

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
It's me, I wrote that post. Also I dated a girl who was a social worker and she was all into that book and I always think about how she's the only girlfriend I've ever had that fighting actually ever seemed to resolve in any positive sort of way but then also she went to a concert and slept with some dude then immediately moved in with him and broke up with me by email?

Owlofcreamcheese fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 28, 2014

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Same Great Paste posted:

realtalk "non-violent communication" is a good book that everyone on the planet would benefit from reading once. but lol at taking a course. even just the book by itself is pretty thin.

if someone is being a conversational fuckhead at you, do not react or be a fuckhead back. just keep responding with "So you're saying [restate what they just said]", and unironically try very hard to make sure you're repeating back to them what they've said in a way that they will find accurate. keep doing this, unironically, until they feel heard. it will be an obvious no matter how spergtastic you are.

90% of the book's theory is that most communication goes off the rails because both parties feel the other person isn't listening, and when a person feels "not listened to" they themselves stop listening. so they recommend the most explicit possible way of making it clear that you are hearing what the other person wants you to hear.

it's a little awkward to do the first few times because it feels condescending, but holy poo poo. even if you don't read up past what i've posted here, just try it once. change your life.

So you're saying, if I'm hearing you correctly, that I should buy some bitcoins?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It's me, I wrote that post. Also I dated a girl who was a social worker and she was all into that book and I always think about how she's the only girlfriend I've ever had that fighting actually ever seemed to resolve in any positive sort of way but then also she went to a concert and slept with some dude then immediately moved in with him and broke up with me by email?
was this before or after you mortgaged her parents' house for bitcoin?

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Same Great Paste posted:

as a p. good communicator and mediator this has limits, its definitely a good diffuser sometimes but you gotta make sure you are actually listening lol, i've seen people do the "so you're saying" but don't really internalize it

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Boxturret posted:

“Pi was important milestone in mathematics as is the Blockchain technology behind Bitcoin transmission, the understanding of Pi gave mankind a freedom in the understanding of the mathematical world as Bitcoin gives a freedom to mankind in the financial world.”

yea im gunna go ahead and say that a millenniums-old mathematical constant describing a fundamental geometric relationship may not be quite on par with an method for decentralizing a ledger by incentivizing a futile arms race of natural resource consumption

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Robawesome posted:

Hasn't the solution to this problem been in the wiki long enough?

can someone please page rotor to the bitcoin thread. i know he has forsaken bitcoin as not funny anymore but even an old man who hates breakfast, manual transmissions, and modern smartphone operating systems can't have a complete heart of stone

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Mido posted:

as a p. good communicator and mediator this has limits, its definitely a good diffuser sometimes but you gotta make sure you are actually listening lol, i've seen people do the "so you're saying" but don't really internalize it

ya, that's the trick - it only works when you actually mean it. this isn't some dumbshit freeman-on-the-land YOUR HONOUR I HEAR YOU ARE SAYING THAT YOU NOTE THAT I NOTE THAT THIS FLAG HAS A GOLD FRINGE [judge disappears in a puff of logic]

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

bitcoiners mindlessly laud their technology and by extension themselves while simultaneously ignoring the huge human history of elaborate breakthroughs that changed the way entire civilizations function overnight

bitcoin slips out of satoshi's butthole and 99% of the world doesn't even bat an eye and they run around trying to convince eachother that the bitcoin singularity is upon us

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

If Bitcoin is ever going to suceed, we need to get the next generation started young. (imgur.com)

submitted just now by gigavps

someone call CAS

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

yea im gunna go ahead and say that a millenniums-old mathematical constant describing a fundamental geometric relationship may not be quite on par with an method for decentralizing a ledger by incentivizing a futile arms race of natural resource consumption

what's pi used for? boring math homework that's what! the blockchain is practically useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Robawesome posted:

If Scientology is ever going to suceed, we need to get the next generation started young. (self.Scientology)

• Locked thread