Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Seriously, though, remember when people went on for pages and pages about United not being able to attract top names, and we've literally gone and signed Angel di Maria and Radamel Falcao, which I would have dismissed as stupid fan-wank even right after we won the league.

That said, it should probably be pointed out that we've still got Rafael, Smalling, Blind, Rojo, Shaw, Herrera and Carrick to come back/in, so it's not as if Blackett and Keane are ultimately going to be first choice, but I think I'd have been more comfortable if we'd got Vidal.
Haha what? City proved you can sign world class players as long as you pay them and their clubs outrageous sums of money. No one doubted that players like Di Maria would come if you dumped a trunk load of money in front of them - you just seem to have lost the ability to make great players DEMAND that their clubs let them sign the way RM/Barca/Bayern etc can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I love the fact that United supporters are still saying "throw in a couple more world class players and i'd be pleased" when they've spent like £150m this summer.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Wrong thread

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.

straight up brolic posted:

I love the fact that United supporters are still saying "throw in a couple more world class players and i'd be pleased" when they've spent like £150m this summer.

tbf based on last year and this year I can't really blame them

They're going to get 7th and its going to be hilarious when everton bums them 5-2 or something similar at Goodison

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

lmao well at least wenger bought a striker but lmao, loving danny welbeck he's going to score about as much as sanogo

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

I can't wait til welbeck scores a hat trik versus united, gonna do some lols

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Ciprian Maricon posted:

lmao well at least wenger bought a striker but lmao, loving danny welbeck he's going to score about as much as sanogo

Wellbeck will pull a Sturridge and be pretty good IMHO

I hope wengy doesnt get any bright ideas like wellbeck up top and Sanchez on the right

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

jesus christ

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Quote this forever

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ahahaha

Badnan
Jun 24, 2005
When east meets west ... it's DEADLY!

Thread kinda going out on a high note here

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Oh...My...God

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

drat Hull were pretty ambitious this transfer window.

derekf
Nov 20, 2005
5 years late
unironically looking forward to Hull play over the next couple months. 4231

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I've copyrighted the word 'failcao' because we'll all be using it soon, and often.

Do you offer discounted yearly plans?

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide
Noted spendthrift Alex Ferguson must be turning in his grave

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quoting before close :drat:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

Hmmm, good work Arsene?

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Danny "worse than Torres" Welbeck lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I think Welbeck will do quite well at Arsenal

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I see five clubs in that graphic but why is United there instead of actual top 5 club Everton?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Antti posted:

I see five clubs in that graphic but why is United there instead of actual top 5 club Everton?

because no one cares one bit about Everton

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Wenger will turn Welbeck into the new Henry imo

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I'll miss Welbeck even if he can be frustrating. He always worked hard from the first to the last minute regardless of what position he was playing and he scored some big goals for us. I honestly think he'll do really well at Arsenal.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

The Mash posted:

I'll miss Welbeck even if he can be frustrating. He always worked hard from the first to the last minute regardless of what position he was playing and he scored some big goals for us. I honestly think he'll do really well at Arsenal.

Same hes got buckets of potential and his pace will help create space for the Arsenal midfield.

If he gets shunted out to left wing it'll be such a waste.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Like I said in the transfers thread, he will prove as many posters wrong as Fellaini did. Great signing for Arsenal and so dumb of United to help them out like that.

United did make some good signings though, and got rid of at least some of the players they needed to.

Also they let Keane go to Burnley which maybe a sign Van Gaal will abandon three at the back, that would be a big help.

Lot 49 fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Sep 2, 2014

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Getting rid of Nani was a sublime piece of business. United had the best transfer window based on that alone. Young leaving as well would be too much, we mustnt be greedy.

The signings were ok too I guess

e: I don't know the workings of the Nani deal except he is gone. Part of the Rojo transfer?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Heskie posted:

Hmmm, good work Arsene?

I'm loving that asterisk!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Villa are still trying to get Cleverley somehow, according to various reports.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Some major pluses and a couple of big cons for Man Utd this transfer window.

Arsenal might take 4th place ahead of United courtesy of the contributions from a guy who was part of Man Utd since age 7 or something.

...or his composure will still be garbage and he will frustate the poo poo out of Arsenal fans. But I think the first alternative is slightly more likely, unfortunately. Strange sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

julian assflange posted:

Getting rid of Nani was a sublime piece of business. United had the best transfer window based on that alone. Young leaving as well would be too much, we mustnt be greedy.

The signings were ok too I guess

e: I don't know the workings of the Nani deal except he is gone. Part of the Rojo transfer?

Nani went on a loan deal where we're paying all his wages lmao

• Locked thread