Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

hagie posted:

I'm betting that's what Mayuri is working on...and I'm sure there's a catch to it

Mayuri already knows, he's just having fun at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The_Frag_Man posted:

I'm pretty sure they'll all go back to normal eventually.

I'm hoping that everyone just loving dies and the manga ends with the afterlife, and therefore the mortal world, being in complete chaos.

That or Ichigo becomes the new soul king by process of elimination.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

They go to the after-afterlife, and we introduce a whole new quirky cast of shinigami reapers.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Jiro posted:

Through the power of ghost drugs!
This isn't wrong but I just dont care. Science guy vs captains and vice captains is just awesome.

Really cool chapter and I loved frozen midget getting stabed hehe.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The brawl we're sort of half getting to see was six Shinigami vs eight Sternritters

Hisagi says he beat one of the Sternritters.
Byakuya defeated 3 - their corpses are shown
Rukia and Renji are fighting the mohawk guy off-panel
Mayuri is engaged with Giselle, who essentially beat Ikkaku and Yumichika
The two still living of the girl squad comment 'where is pepe' as they look at three corpses in Byakuya's wake

Is Bleach that poorly edited or is it implying Pepe took control of Hisagi that well? I don't even know. There are so many dropped threads in Bleach lately it is kind of amazing. Like I just realize the crazy teeth dude threatened Renji with some ability that was just flat out never defined, used or shown. And now he's probably just dead.

I am disappointed there is no Momo zombie as well.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Spiderdrake posted:

The brawl we're sort of half getting to see was six Shinigami vs eight Sternritters

The two still living of the girl squad comment 'where is pepe' as they look at three corpses in Byakuya's wake

Is Bleach that poorly edited or is it implying Pepe took control of Hisagi that well? I don't even know. There are so many dropped threads in Bleach lately it is kind of amazing. Like I just realize the crazy teeth dude threatened Renji with some ability that was just flat out never defined, used or shown. And now he's probably just dead.

I thought Manga didn't really have an editor and was one of Bleach's major problems. If that's true its my guess its more publisher pressure to bring up ratings or end it. Kubo may very well have a bit of leniency since the manga did well and he'll likely make a new one for Jump afterwards. They may be telling him to bring up the ratings or wrap it up. I may also just be horrible at telling what are jokes in manga threads. Though I only read Bleach and Naruto just to finish them so the jokes about pacing and finishing are constant.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Manga does have editors, but supposedly Kubo had lovely ones who didn't contribute anything for quite some time. So, he ended up flailing around on his own and spent what was it, 400 chapters on a single day?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

Pepe charmed Hisagi.

Momo hasn't been stabbed yet unles the did it offscreen.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Darth TNT posted:

Momo hasn't been stabbed yet unles the did it offscreen.

Aizen came up from his cell, stabbed her, stole some fresh pants off a dead guy (he's poo poo the ones they imprisoned him with about half a dozen times by now) and then went back down.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Momo is currently in a state of Schroedinger's Stab, meaning when a character is off screen (More than likely Bleach's Momo Hinamori) you logically assume they have been stabbed. However, it is also possible the character has not been stabbed. So the character remains in a perpetual of being stabbed and not stabbed until we see them again.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Momo was the Soul King all along. Aizen's plan was to create a person who could finally stab her hard enough to kill her so that he could take her place.

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning
Momo once wished on Hogyoku in order to stop getting stabbed.

It stabbed her.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
You guys realize Mayuri is going to reveal that he administered the medicine to all the Shinigami there by putting it in momo's blood before she got stabbed by all of them in the Karakura Town Arc, right?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
So if we don't get Wednesday releases anymore, when should I expect them?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
We don't get wednseday releases anymore? what happened?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
I don't have any official sources, but the story is that all the major publishers are shipping out the untranslated magazines a little later to help cut down on piracy.

CubanMissile posted:

So if we don't get Wednesday releases anymore, when should I expect them?

Well last week all the Jump titles were pushed back only a day, but that was the first week this happened. We might have a few more weeks of "late" releases until everything settles.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Welp.

The set up might have been similar to the Hueco Mundo fight, but that definitely went to a weird place all its own.

I wonder how many fights these two guys can show up to and proceed to job in. This is the third time, yeah? I'm guessing the black stuff on their faces means Kurotsuchi's whatever turned them back to the shinigami's side? That or Z and L don't get along.

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

All we need now is Aizen to show up and hypnotize everyone and we will hit the mind control event horizon.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
L is horrifying. :stonk: It scares me more than As Nodt did.

It's okay Byakuya, Team job is on the job!

Not a bad week. Naruto was okay, Bleach is okay.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
So Byakuya is so strong he is unaffected by the power? Hyperbolic chamber go! Also betting that his Piccolo robe has something to do with protecting him. I smell a wardrobe change.

So this dude is a hosed up Cupid? I thought he was going to be more interesting with the eye staff...I was expecting more of a kido battle...

hagie fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 4, 2014

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

hagie posted:

So Byakuya is so strong he is unaffected by the power? Hyperbolic chamber go! Also betting that his Piccolo robe has something to do with protecting him. I smell a wardrobe change.

So this dude is a hosed up Cupid? I thought he was going to be more interesting with the eye staff...I was expecting more of a kido battle...

I think the idea is that Byakuya places duty above love. That last panel gives me some 90s WWF vibes.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
What does 69 represent? It's on everyone who is being controlled in some form from the dead dudes to the vice captain striken with love.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Suspicious Lump posted:

What does 69 represent? It's on everyone who is being controlled in some form from the dead dudes to the vice captain striken with love.

I thought the short haired jobber captain had it as a tattoo and Hisagi looked up to him so much (in the TBTP arc) that he got that tattoo out of love/respect/whatever. Ooh, I wonder if that'll come in to play here and Hisagi will break control with ~the power of love~ or whatever for the captain jobber, show his bankai, and be the one to off L.

I just want to see his bankai, I thought it was implied he had one?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Calling boomerang bankai

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

hagie posted:

Byakuya doesn't let love get in the way of doing the job. Consider how he forced Rukia to work her way up the ranks and constantly struggle to make her own place, even though he really wanted to carry her all the time. We even just saw a Rukia fight where he just stood by and watched while she worked poo poo out for herself, and it seemed like he was willing to let her go into deep personal danger so she can grow and develop. Hisagi was easier for this cherub guy to control because he's emotional and impulsive to begin with. Byakuya is probably the most disciplined member of the Gotei 13. He beat down his vice captain brutally and would have let his sister be executed back in the SS arc because that was his job.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Pretty sure theyhad a guy in the anime that could control zanpakuto like this.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

Pretty sure theyhad a guy in the anime that could control zanpakuto like this.

He was a zanpakuto himself. And he was a filler character.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

We don't talk about filler arcs.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Fat Black Cupid was not what I needed to start my day.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Scyantific posted:

We don't talk about filler arcs.

Why not?

Arkitektbmw fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Sep 4, 2014

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004

Arkitektbmw posted:

edit....hang on. Rehosting image.

Why not?

Because this is the manga thread and not the anime thread?

Joking aside, I stopped watching the anime a long time ago. Was the arc good?

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

|Ziggy| posted:

Because this is the manga thread and not the anime thread?

Joking aside, I stopped watching the anime a long time ago. Was the arc good?

The zanpakuto one? Eh, it was interesting in that it gave a look into the personalities of the swords, but beyond that it was just typical filler garbage.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The sword spirit one has one of the best fights in Bleach at the end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX_lJmCbTRo

If that was a real arc ie one that could actually expand out or change the canon, it would have been pretty good. Filler isn't very filling, though.

As for this week if he really chumped out Giselle that fast off-panel I'm disappointed. Pepe is indeed horrifying though.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Fhqwhgads posted:

I thought the short haired jobber captain had it as a tattoo and Hisagi looked up to him so much (in the TBTP arc) that he got that tattoo out of love/respect/whatever. Ooh, I wonder if that'll come in to play here and Hisagi will break control with ~the power of love~ or whatever for the captain jobber, show his bankai, and be the one to off L.

I just want to see his bankai, I thought it was implied he had one?

Part of Kensei's surname can be translated as "6" (Roku?) and he was the captain of the 9th division.

Hisagi was rescued by Kensei when we was a boy and he looked up to Kensei ever since. I can't remember right now where Kensei's tattoo is.

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?
What the absolute christ, Kubo. LMAO at Team Job.

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

A record of jobbing:

1. Straight jobbed to Mask de Maculine

2. Jobbed into death by brain in jar.

3. Jobbed into undeath by Giselle.

4. Off screen jobbed to former Hueco Mundo jobber champions.

5. Off screen jobbed into un-undeath by Sunny-D.

Will the jobbing ever end?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

final2percent posted:

A record of jobbing:

1. Straight jobbed to Mask de Maculine

2. Jobbed into death by brain in jar.

3. Jobbed into undeath by Giselle.

4. Off screen jobbed to former Hueco Mundo jobber champions.

5. Off screen jobbed into un-undeath by Sunny-D.

Will the jobbing ever end?

No wonder there's so much unemployment in the afterlife. Kensei and Rose (or is that guy Love? I can't remember because neither has done anything) are taking all the jobs.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
This is what, the fourth guy now Byakuya has fought that has some kind of cheesy manipulation powers? He should have clowned him offscreen rather than letting the really cool Sternritter with glasses bite it so fast.

Also I'm not sure if his superpower appearance is better than Mask's. It's pretty good, but I think Mask's is still better

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 4, 2014

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I like how Pepe's one-eyed wonder wand transformed into a pair of meat curtains. Nice one Kubo. :laugh:

I guess maybe Jizzelle isn't the only trans person in the Sternritter ranks?

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Suspicious Lump posted:

Well, when two shinigami love each other very much...

• Locked thread