Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Grittybeard posted:

No, but a lot of reporting quoting league sources sure as hell implied that the NFL saw it.

I thought that Goodell said that he has seen all the videos and made his decision based off that - including ones that weren't released to the public (implying this new one).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I mean unexpected in that it happened so fast. I assumed there'd be a couple more days of hemming and hawing while they worked out some weapons-grade CYA bullshit.

Instead they just ripped the drat bandage right off.

Thursday night game. No time to delay.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

Stoop posted:

the girlfriend says, "he's going to go home and hit his wife real hard"

http://lightbox.time.com/2013/02/27/photographer-as-witness-a-portrait-of-domestic-violence/#1

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

aBagorn posted:

If he doesn't end up on another team, would he have grounds to sue for collusion?

No.

Also can't sue for being terminated.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I mean unexpected in that it happened so fast. I assumed there'd be a couple more days of hemming and hawing while they worked out some CYA bullshit.

Once I heard they play on Thursday, and then heard the press conference setup for 8pm right as a 7 hour block of solid NFL action starts, I was pretty sure it would happen. Just makes too much sense to get him the gently caress out considering just how openly in revolt everyone is.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
For funsies, the NCAA is using this as a smoke screen to restore Penn State's post-season eligibility.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

deathsuxdontdie posted:

I was kinda hoping the NFL would create a new rule for the Ravens where they had to force them to feed the ball to Rice until he got tackled so many times that his brain leaked out of his rear end in a top hat, but oh well.

His wife should divorce him now and take half of his wealth.

Look, if you're gonna force someone to marry you at gunpoint you're probably gonna get a prenup too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

windshipper posted:

I thought that Goodell said that he has seen all the videos and made his decision based off that - including ones that weren't released to the public (implying this new one).

Yeah I think their spin is going to be they saw more than the public did but not the actual elevator video. Which of course none of us will believe but unless someone can prove that they did they'll ride it into the ground.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

armoredgorilla posted:

For funsies, the NCAA is using this as a smoke screen to restore Penn State's post-season eligibility.

Seriously?!?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

By Thursday afternoon Ray Rice will be a Seahawk

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Yep.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

armoredgorilla posted:

Hate to break it too you, but a buddy of mine still hands out pedo state signs complete with pedo bear on them, at every game, hoping it gets shown on tv.

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way

windshipper posted:

I hope somewhere out there we can unearth two definitive and official statements that directly reveal the awful lie that Goodell and the NFL are trying to sell us right now. That's the only way any serious change will come from this.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Don't worry, it'll be a long time before they get to use it

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Thanks Ray Rice, for giving everyone even more reasons to distrust short people

Burnin' my jersey tonight

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
While total bullshit that is some master class media relations by the NCAA.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Not a Children posted:

Thanks Ray Rice, for giving everyone even more reasons to distrust short people

Burnin' my jersey tonight

Donate it to a battered women's shelter.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

quote:

Each hits the other before Rice knocks Palmer off her feet and into a railing.

That's a technically true statement if ever there was one. Tiny slap/push, solid punch, left hook. Yup, basically an even exchange.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

deathsuxdontdie posted:

I was kinda hoping the NFL would create a new rule for the Ravens where they had to force them to feed the ball to Rice until he got tackled so many times that his brain leaked out of his rear end in a top hat, but oh well.

His wife should divorce him now and take half of his wealth.

When I heard that he had no team support any more, I held some weird hope that his first game back would open with him receiving no blocking support and getting teed off on by unblocked defensive linemen and linebackers.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

YMB posted:

I hope somewhere out there we can unearth two definitive and official statements that directly reveal the awful lie that Goodell and the NFL are trying to sell us right now. That's the only way any serious change will come from this.

That would cause exactly 0 change, let's be real.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

No Butt Stuff posted:

Donate it to a battered women's shelter.

drat

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

By Thursday afternoon Ray Rice will be a Seahawk

They uh. Already have a pretty good RB, I dunno why they'd want a violent criminal who is also bad at football.

Or did I get whooshed?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Now ESPN is saying that the Ravens will sign Michael Sam because they need the PR.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Rogue Elephant posted:

They uh. Already have a pretty good RB, I dunno why they'd want a violent criminal who is also bad at football.

Or did I get whooshed?

No I'm pretty sure that was just a dumbass equating PEDs or a DUI to literally beating your wife.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

OrangeKing posted:

That's a technically true statement if ever there was one. Tiny slap/push, solid punch, left hook. Yup, basically an even exchange.

Yeahhh I was wondering about that. I only watched the gif that was posted here, not the video, but it looks like he's crowding her in the corner, then spits on her, then she pushes him back, then he punches her twice

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I am a lousy gambler, but considering just how toxic he is and how old he is, I'd bet Rice never plays another snap.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

I am a lousy gambler, but considering just how toxic he is and how old he is, I'd bet Rice never plays another snap.

He will be on a roster next training camp.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

Now ESPN is saying that the Ravens will sign Michael Sam because they need the PR.

The transparency of that move would be astounding. It would backfire hilariously.

Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

I'm guessing Goodell is happy as a pig in poo poo that the Ravens cut him without him having to take all the heat from this.

I still hope he bans Rice from the game.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
It would be pretty hard for any team to trot him out there in that Susan G Komen scam poo poo each November.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

windshipper posted:

No I'm pretty sure that was just a dumbass equating PEDs or a DUI to literally beating your wife.

Lol no they just seem to claim everyone

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

NFL Network keeps focusing on "When will Ray Rice get a second chance??"

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

Look like it's true.

I still can't believe those fuckers got away without a death penalty. gently caress Penn State forever.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Huh:

Greg Aiello ‏@gregaiello 2m

Roger Goodell has announced that based on new video evidence that became available today he has indefinitely suspended Ray Rice.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Kalli posted:

this won't help:

quote:

The NFL has indefinitely suspended Ray Rice based on new video evidence becoming available today.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
looking forward to some really really awful takes from callers on the local sports radio/jim rome

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol no they just seem to claim everyone

Not for a long time, no. That was about 3-4 years ago.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

I said this to a coworker earlier. I expected that him getting cut would be almost the same as a ban. No way he gets more than a training camp look.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?

No Butt Stuff posted:

It's true, Sam is unlikely to be caught on video beating his girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Peace out Ray Rice, let the madden giferators roll

• Locked thread