Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

:munch:

It had better be slam-dunk stuff, otherwise nothing will change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBR
Apr 9, 2009

How about "Pow right in the kisser"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I hope the NFL tries to beat them to this and instead releases completely different damning evidence. :swoon:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I admit it's hard to wrap my head around the women choosing to stay though. I don't mean to judge them but it's just sad and discouraging

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

OBR posted:

How about "Pow right in the kisser"

Been done. Several pages back. Also a "to the moon Alice" reference.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Butts posted:

What? You're telling me the same group that covered up the risk and amount of brain injury from concussions might have covered up some chick getting knocked out?

MIND
loving
BLOWN

Oh no, don't get me wrong. It doesn't surprise me AT ALL that they'd want to cover this up. It's the idea that, if it really was an attempt at a cover-up, they really believed the video wouldn't get out - that's what blows my mind. Anything with this much attention that's caught on tape WILL end up on the internet. It's just so hard to believe that not one person in any of the meetings or whatever throughout this process didn't see this coming.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

football fuckerman posted:

I admit it's hard to wrap my head around the women choosing to stay though. I don't mean to judge them but it's just sad and discouraging

It's almost as if being violently physically abused fucks with your mind in a horrible way!

Also it must be pretty clear to Ray Rice's wife that no one gives two shits about her because her husband is (was) a good football mans.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Man I can deal with some people being thinking that is a real post but I expected better from you dude

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Harbaughs are obviously lovely parents because their two sons are loving dickheads and their daughter chose Tom Crean to spend the duration of her life with.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

haljordan posted:

It's almost as if being violently physically abused fucks with your mind in a horrible way!

yeah i know, but you still wish they could have the best possible life, which to me would include leaving, so it sucks to see that's not what happens sometimes

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Harlock posted:

Will Thomas @willthomasfox5 · 23m
From @HarveyLevinTMZ He's promising more coverage that could indicate #NFL cover up. #RayRice #RavensNation More at 10 &11 @fox5newsdc

That's crazy.
Thank you based TMZ.

haljordan posted:

Also if anyone thinks this is the first time Ray Rice has hit a woman you're deluding yourself.

Doctor Butts posted:

What? You're telling me the same group that covered up the risk and amount of brain injury from concussions might have covered up some chick getting knocked out?

MIND
loving
BLOWN
All of this goes without saying really. From the top down this entire ordeal has been disgusting.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I can't understand what the NFL thinks it gains by covering this up. Is it really worth all this just to protect one player?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Man I can deal with some people being thinking that is a real post but I expected better from you dude

aka your first mistake mman

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

yeah i know, but you still wish they could have the best possible life, which to me would include leaving, so it sucks to see that's not what happens sometimes

"If you leave me, I'll loving kill you" carries a whole lot of weight when you're getting KO'd in public and no one really seems to give much of a poo poo. I'm not being a dick here, it's actually a good thing that you don't understand how a man can instill that kind of fear into a woman. Especially when it's a famous man with money.

I mean the Ravens basically tried to make her at fault. I understand that there is a ton of money at stake in the NFL, but at the end of the day, it's still just a goddamned game. How any of these people sleep at night is beyond me. A bed made of money can't be that comfortable.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 9, 2014

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

nachos posted:

I can't understand what the NFL thinks it gains by covering this up. Is it really worth all this just to protect one player?

It's not about protecting the player at all, it's about the NFL's image.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

The biggest problem are all the people acting as if this is something that can be "fixed". One of the most common reasons women stay in abusive relationships is because they believe their husband is sick and be cured and that they just need someone who will love and stay with them.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

After Larry Johnson's drink incident, his wikipedia temporarily had something along the lines of "he tried to run after throwing the drink in her face but was tackled after only a yard". It was pretty great.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Fenrir posted:

It's not about protecting the player at all, it's about the NFL's image.

That's what the bad apple argument is for though. It's easy to throw the book at him and show how good you are at rooting out the bad actors and gain positive press for it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

nachos posted:

That's what the bad apple argument is for though. It's easy to throw the book at him and show how good you are at rooting out the bad actors and gain positive press for it.

the problem is that it's not one bad apple and they know that people know that

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

nachos posted:

I absolutely agree, which is why this whole thing confuses the gently caress out of me.

e: but ^^^ Very good point

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

"One bad apple" doesn't mean a few apples are bad...it means a few bad apples make all the apples bad.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

You are probably also missing the depressing fact that the NFL has a sizeable part of their fanbase that doesn't care about Ray Rice or even supports him

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Can you still get the pink Ray Rice jersey in the NFL shop

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You are probably also missing the depressing fact that the NFL has a sizeable part of their fanbase that doesn't care about Ray Rice or even supports him

ESPN had an interesting article about that. A sizeable number of NFL fans are mad because 'reality' is interrupting their football game.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I hope TMZ has some hard evidence because gently caress NFL execs, I hope they all burn for this.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I know :sigh:

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

haljordan posted:

Can you still get the pink Ray Rice jersey in the NFL shop

quote:

Oops, we couldn't find the page you were looking for.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
It's just marketing buzz. It'll be nothing definitive.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Basically what I am saying is imagine every fan you've ever seen call a heavily concussed player a pussy and imagine how he probably treats the women in his life

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Hah good. Ravens finally deleted the "Janay apologizes for her role in the incident" Tweet too. Then again I'm sure they didn't fire the assholes who thought that was a good thing to Tweet to begin with.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Well this being America theres a quite large segment of society that are utter idiots to begin with so its just a logical conclusion.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Why are we fighting amongst each other when we're amidst the last months of the Goodell Era

We should be celebrating

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Why are we fighting amongst each other when we're amidst the last months of the Goodell Era

We should be celebrating

That ginger gently caress will keep his job until he dies and you all know it. It's like how we'll have to deal with Ryan Seacrest hosting every network TV show for the next 80 years.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

We should be celebrating

because I fear who might replace him

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

An automaton probably

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
IBM's Watson for NFL commisioner

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

An automaton probably

IF PLAYER.QSCORE > 80 && FELONY.CHARGES==DOMESTIC(VIOLENCE) THEN INITIALIZE SUBROUTINE.BURY.HEAD.IN.SAND

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Chris James 2 posted:

We should be celebrating

yeah ill believe it when i see it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

JFF (Joe loving Flacco) pulls off his helmet, rips off his uniform to reveal a suit with a gummy bear bow tie, and takes his rightful throne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

JFF (Joe loving Flacco) pulls off his helmet, rips off his uniform to reveal a suit with a gummy bear bow tie, and takes his rightful throne

This would be cool tho

• Locked thread