Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who's your favorite bad tv show host
jerry "the king" springer
oprah "make it a" winfrey
steve "the weiner" wilkos
ellen degeneration x
View Results

• Locked thread
Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Roman Reigns posted:

You guys are so mean :(

i imagined an actual very sad roman reigns saying this and laughed a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

KarmaticStylee posted:

I hate Roman Reigns because he is being pushed based on his look. It's the same old bullshit I've grown to hate. He is not actually good at his craft or even that insanely over

lmao

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Zyla posted:

I didn't like austin then either.

wow just wow

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Ozz81 posted:

To be fair, Austin wasn't wrestling at 100%, considering Summerslam 97 when his neck got broken

Just saying number of moves isn't a good indicator, honestly.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

same amount of moves as austin in '98

Austin was a king of psychology, the most compelling promo, and had been successful in the business for 10 years though.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jiro posted:

Have better mic skills, move sets, better workers, etc etc etc........... I'll be the first to say that I was a minority in saying that the one to do best once the Shield broke up was going to be Rollins when they first teased it. It's obvious now that Ambrose is going to go to the moon if they push him properly. Reigns always looked like a faster Diesel to me.

But Reigns is bigger! Bigger means better, right?

KarmaticStylee
Apr 21, 2007

Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgle!

Oh God don't put Roman Reigns and Austin the same sentence.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Zyla posted:

Reigns is still one of the best hot tags in the business, but beyond that he can't carry his end

his match at the PPV was good and i thought he did a fine job of carrying his end

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Roman Reigns was getting monster reactions when they decided to push him as a singles star. It's not hard to see why they would want to push someone who is crazy over. He still gets strong reactions and he hasn't had any massive stinker of a match on the big stage, so maybe you can get by with just a few moves?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Jiro posted:

Have better mic skills, move sets, better workers, etc etc etc........... I'll be the first to say that I was a minority in saying that the one to do best once the Shield broke up was going to be Rollins when they first teased it. It's obvious now that Ambrose is going to go to the moon if they push him properly. Reigns always looked like a faster Diesel to me.

ambrose could really be a mega star if they push him right. the dude has it.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Sep 9, 2014

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Can someone explain the WWE app? Does it show the whole show, and if so, how does that get by the cable companies? If it doesn't, why should I have it?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Roman Reigns was getting monster reactions when they decided to push him as a singles star. It's not hard to see why they would want to push someone who is crazy over. He still gets strong reactions and he hasn't had any massive stinker of a match on the big stage, so maybe you can get by with just a few moves?

I don't even think the moves are his problem as much as its his storytelling, selling and mic work but those can improve

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Bigass Moth posted:

Can someone explain the WWE app? Does it show the whole show, and if so, how does that get by the cable companies? If it doesn't, why should I have it?

you get to vote sometimes

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Kane's hair looks like that of a freshly awoken two year old.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

wow just wow

he was fantastic until it came time to wrestle and aside from his good psychology was extremely limited and i dreaded his main events

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Bigass Moth posted:

Every now and then Cesaro will lose on it. Plus, you get to vote on who has the best hair and stuff.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i feel like people saying "he only does three moves" are referring solely to his comeback (like literally every wrestler) because he actually does like 10 or 12 over the course of a match. He really needs to work on his selling and expressions but he's still young and that stuff will come with time.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'm fairly sure Ambrose is both larger and taller than Reigns.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

Austin was a king of psychology, the most compelling promo, and had been successful in the business for 10 years though.

Yeah, he was. Just tired of hearing "he doesn't have enough ~*~MOVEZ~*~"

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Bigass Moth posted:

You can watch Cesaro lose by roll up.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Bigass Moth posted:

It shows what is going on during commercials and has other crappy "Second screen" stuff on it. It doesn't show the whole show, even the Network doesn't show RAW or Smackdown.

As for your last question, I have no answer.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

StarkRavingMad posted:

Isn't Ambrose actually taller by a little bit?

I'm picturing Vince with a measuring stick, his eyes slowly widening as he realizes his mistake.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oatgan posted:

i feel like people saying "he only does three moves" are referring solely to his comeback (like literally every wrestler) because he actually does like 10 or 12 over the course of a match

also this

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

what in the blue hell is roman reigns outfit supposed to be. laser tag gear?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

oatgan posted:

i feel like people saying "he only does three moves" are referring solely to his comeback (like literally every wrestler) because he actually does like 10 or 12 over the course of a match

yeah he just has to get better at putting them together in an interesting way and he's getting there

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Kane punches, dropkick, jumping punch and spear is certainly no elbow drop, second rope elbow drop, thesz press and Stunner. SOMEHOW.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Roman Reigns posted:

You guys are so mean :(

Roman pay attention to your match and stop posting during it. This is what we are talking about!

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Someone mentioned this fan reaction a while back

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

this is also a problem

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Eat My Fuc posted:

industrial sports bra

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Eat My Fuc posted:

kevlar vest and tactical pants

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Reigns needs to grow out the rest of the beard because the goatee-long hair thing screams "Plays bass in a Korn cover band".

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah he just has to get better at putting them together in an interesting way and he's getting there

This is exactly the (current) problem.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

Worst guy in a popular stable gets the big superman push, what do you think guys on the internet are going to say??

Haven't been able to watch Raw in like a month so I have no idea what the internet is saying and that's why I asked

Thanks for the responses to those who did without the snark

Not that I don't like snark because it's kinda my thing

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Zyla posted:

he was fantastic until it came time to wrestle and aside from his good psychology was extremely limited and i dreaded his main events

Working within those limitations he did some great things.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Cardboard Box posted:

ambrose could really be a mega star if they push him right. the dude as it.

Oh he will be, he's definitely got the whole package down - promos, energy, in-ring experience, everyone just LOVES the dude. It's awesome how he was able to keep the same sleazy, backhanded, give-no-fucks character and just smoothly transitioned from heel to face after the Rollins turn.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Writer Cath posted:

Isn't Ambrose actually taller by a little bit?

I'm picturing Vince with a measuring stick, his eyes slowly widening as he realizes his mistake.

At least according to wikipedia, Ambrose is an inch taller, but Reigns has like 60 pounds on him.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

oatgan posted:

this is also a problem

yea the gear was cool enough as a unit but when he's by himself he looks kinda dorky coming out in kevlar

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

reigns needs new gear and music because it feels like "i can't give up my dead stable" when he should be above that.

keep the entrance though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
inc DDT spot.

• Locked thread