Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
New Batmobile?
It sucks
It rocks
Don't Care
Robin
View Results

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Is "Dumblr" catching on or should I stop using it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

redshirt posted:

Storm has been the worst character translated from the comics to the movies.

In the comics she's awesome, and often the leader of the X-Men.

In the movies, she's background noise and her powers are kinda lame.

yeah hale berry was terrible casting

you need someone with real gravitas she needs to be able to yell WINDS BLOW like in the 90s cartoon

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

let me help,

super heroes are for children and apparently movies are as well because the only ones being produced are for children or are for comic book "fans" who are children.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Don Tacorleone posted:

Is "Dumblr" catching on or should I stop using it

whats a dumblr

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
this is whats called a 'set' in vollyball btw

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wendigee posted:

let me help,

super heroes are for children and apparently movies are as well because the only ones being produced are for children or are for comic book "fans" who are children.

Look at this adult guy schooling us children on GBS.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

redshirt posted:

Look at this adult guy schooling us children on GBS.

I'm glad someone is loving noticing. Jesus.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

came into thread expecting it to be about rock tumblers. NOPE ANOTHER loving COMIC BOOK THREAD

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Cacator posted:

came into thread expecting it to be about rock tumblers. NOPE ANOTHER loving COMIC BOOK THREAD

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cacator posted:

How many other comic book threads are there in GBS?

I'd like to read them.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

batman sucks. the nolan batman movies sucked too, except for the joker.

none of the characters make any sense and they're all annoying

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Cubone posted:

there was an episode of the powerpuff girls where they try to copy other superheroes, so blossom gets a batmobile, and she spends the entire episode stuck in traffic
it kind of ruined the batmobile for me because yeah
batman never gets stuck in traffic ????? never?

yeah, it's pretty dumb

he's got a plane and some of the batmobiles can fly too, makes a bit more sense

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Taffer posted:

batman sucks. the nolan batman movies sucked too, except for the joker.

none of the characters make any sense and they're all annoying

Ah, you suck?

The Nolan Batman movies are fantastic and everything makes sense.

If you're confused about something, ask. There are many Batman experts present.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

hmmm yes a whole series of megalomaniacal psychopaths who all are bent on cleansing/destroying a whole city for idealistic reasons gain enormous power and all almost succeed at it, very realistic and plausible.

its all obviously really poorly thought out comic book poo poo made to look all grimdark and cool, but its actually still just comic book poo poo. batman was bad as a comic and is bad as a movie. comic book movies can only be good if they don't take themselves seriously

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

redshirt posted:

There are many Batman experts present.

I'm fuckin dying right now, im dying! I am going to loving die. pfffttttAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. etc.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

batman sucks

dc sucks

only good batman was the original tv show

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

THS posted:

batman sucks

dc sucks

inspect my poo poo robin!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Taffer posted:

hmmm yes a whole series of megalomaniacal psychopaths who all are bent on cleansing/destroying a whole city for idealistic reasons gain enormous power and all almost succeed at it, very realistic and plausible.

its all obviously really poorly thought out comic book poo poo made to look all grimdark and cool, but its actually still just comic book poo poo. batman was bad as a comic and is bad as a movie. comic book movies can only be good if they don't take themselves seriously

Look at this sadsack who can't "suspend his sense of disbelief".

Comic books, FYI, often feature a megalomaniacal psychopath who wields enormous power and is trying to destroy a city/a country/the world, and is only stopped by the hero.

It's our modern mythology. Our "Odysseus".

Except with cool bat gadgets.

Also, first Batman v. Bane fight is the best comic book movie fight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDuetklFtDQ

I challenge anyone to name a better one.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

redshirt posted:

daredevil vs. electra on a populated children's playground in civilian clothing in the mid-afternoon

MantisToboggan
Feb 1, 2013

redshirt posted:

Look at this sadsack who can't "suspend his sense of disbelief".

Comic books, FYI, often feature a megalomaniacal psychopath who wields enormous power and is trying to destroy a city/a country/the world, and is only stopped by the hero.

It's our modern mythology. Our "Odysseus".

Except with cool bat gadgets.

Also, first Batman v. Bane fight is the best comic book movie fight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDuetklFtDQ

Dude, I'm the biggest Batman fan you'll ever meet but even I know The Dark Knight Rises is a pile of poo poo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

bane is really funny tbh.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Those aren't guns on the front of the Batmobile, they're electro magnetic-cannons which are fired at the vehicle in front and cause the engine to stall.

Also it apparently fires nets, tear gas, and other non-bullet things.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

bane is really funny tbh.

the scene with him and carcetti is the only good part of the movie

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

THS posted:

batman sucks

dc sucks

no the cartoon and batmand beyond were both pretty sw8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MantisToboggan posted:

Dude, I'm the biggest Batman fan you'll ever meet but even I know The Dark Knight Rises is a pile of poo poo.

No way dude. I'm beginning to think it's the best of the Nolan bat movies. For one reason, it's got the best sense of humor. Also, Batman gets his rear end kicked, both physically and verbally, throughout the movie.

• Locked thread