Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Coleman posted:

Bad players that know they're bad will always be better (more valuable to a team) than bad players who think they're good.

Fact.

:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIGEOTO
Sep 11, 2007

Coleman posted:

Bad players that know they're bad will always be better (more valuable to a team) than bad players who think they're good.

Fact.

Knowing that you are bad implies you are a more experienced player. Dunning Kruger etc.

PIGEOTO fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 15, 2014

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Watching Fnatic vs. Titan currently, and I'm really surprised by how many of these pro players are still using the CZ. I thought it would've completely dropped out of use favor, except for people who mainly use awps/scouts.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Coleman posted:

Fact.
<3

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

I AM BRAWW posted:

Watching Fnatic vs. Titan currently, and I'm really surprised by how many of these pro players are still using the CZ. I thought it would've completely dropped out of use favor, except for people who mainly use awps/scouts.

To be fair, JW was basically a god with that thing.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
JW somehow makes doing dumb poo poo that ought get you killed actually work.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Alternate rifle for T's should be the AKS-74u

MP5 should be permanent with 1.6 sound effects

bring back kill command right now

Hire me Valve.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
What would the 74 do, more damage or less? More accurate and less damaging?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
M4A1-S is less ammo, more accurate than the alternative. I want to see Ts get the same choice, because I suck at spraying with the AK.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
there should be a reverse ak. first shot is random, 2nd-4th shots spread horizontally and then after the 12th shot, every single one comes out deadly accurate, in full auto. imagine the meta of prefiring and knowing how to bait enemies

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
just, for a second, picture the meta

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
im not sure im being clear here just... look
*starts waving hands around, in a pattern suspiciously similar to the first couple steps of the macarena*
the meta

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ArfJason posted:

there should be a reverse ak. first shot is random, 2nd-4th shots spread horizontally and then after the 12th shot, every single one comes out deadly accurate, in full auto. imagine the meta of prefiring and knowing how to bait enemies

I thought that's what machine guns were for.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
An FAL, the british L1 variant.

Heavy damage, more accurate, 20 rounds.
No full-auto.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Mymla posted:

M4A1-S is less ammo, more accurate than the alternative. I want to see Ts get the same choice, because I suck at spraying with the AK.

Vahakyla posted:

Try the Galil more. There are plenty of times where I favor the Galil's slightly less damage because it's far more forgiving on the accuracy.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 16, 2014

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Vahakyla posted:

Yes. Maybe have it have a higher mag capacity too? Like double-taped mags or something. Basically a galil with 60 rounds. Haha.

Vahakyla posted:

No full-auto.

This would be kind of cool.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Replace ak-47 with riot shield.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Also when do I actually get the 20rnd visible mag on the M4? My immersion is ruined.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Vahakyla posted:

No full-auto.

I'd be all over a semi-auto weapon

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Spudd posted:

I'd be all over a semi-auto weapon
As someone who favors single tapping over spraying, I feel like a FAL would almost be overpowered. To be "more powerful" than an AK47 it would have to be a two shot to the torso (anything less is equal to the AK already) in order to balance with having lower ammo and no full auto. In the right hands, a FAL would be pretty overpowered, I think.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Vahakyla posted:

No full-auto.

This is my jam.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

I AM BRAWW posted:

For 500 bucks it still wrecks face more than any other gun for the money. 5-7 is more versatile, but a well-deployed CZ is still a much better possibility of a kill imo.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Coleman posted:

As someone who favors single tapping over spraying, I feel like a FAL would almost be overpowered. To be "more powerful" than an AK47 it would have to be a two shot to the torso (anything less is equal to the AK already) in order to balance with having lower ammo and no full auto. In the right hands, a FAL would be pretty overpowered, I think.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. Semi-auto would mean we wouldn't have to really deal with much, if any, recoil. If it also has more damage than the AK-47 it'd just be pretty fuckin strong weapon. Maybe have it be an alternate for the SIG, and cost a little more?

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
I mean that plan sounds a lot like just taking the scope off the G3SG1. Which I don't even necessarily disagree with, so long as the firing rate was brought down a notch and you couldn't just hold the mouse down.

Jeza posted:

For 500 bucks it still wrecks face more than any other gun for the money. 5-7 is more versatile, but a well-deployed CZ is still a much better possibility of a kill imo.

In scrub MG tier I prefer the CZ for T-side and 5-7 for CT. I feel better having 12 shots that I can empty nearly instantly if I'm pushing, but if I'm trying to hold something, I much prefer the heavier, more accurate, longer lasting fire from the 5-7.

Cuntpunch fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Sep 16, 2014

Coleman
May 5, 2011

I AM BRAWW posted:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. Semi-auto would mean we wouldn't have to really deal with much, if any, recoil. If it also has more damage than the AK-47 it'd just be pretty fuckin strong weapon. Maybe have it be an alternate for the SIG, and cost a little more?
Yeah I didn't even really think about the recoil, but that's true. The only game I can really think of where the FAL was used a lot is in COD, in which case it's basically just a semi-auto AK with even less (for COD) recoil. It would be pretty god tier when all you have to do is two tap center mass every single time.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Coleman posted:

Yeah I didn't even really think about the recoil, but that's true. The only game I can really think of where the FAL was used a lot is in COD, in which case it's basically just a semi-auto AK with even less (for COD) recoil. It would be pretty god tier when all you have to do is two tap center mass every single time.

An autosniper that didn't need to scope would be amazing, yes.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

What need or possible alternative playing style is there for an alternative for T's standard weapon that isn't already covered by any other weapon?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Above described L1A1 would only have 20 in mag and 40 as spare. That and single shot would prevent spraying completely.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

also is it just me or does it feel like each side benefits more from the other side's primary weapon more? Like the CTs enjoy the AK's increased firepower because they generally tend to bunker down in recognizable spots and cover corners whereas Ts would love to use a silenced M4 because it makes it just a tad harder to pinpoint them. This feels sort of like it's intentional, or am I just confusing myself here?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

pandaK posted:

also is it just me or does it feel like each side benefits more from the other side's primary weapon more? Like the CTs enjoy the AK's increased firepower because they generally tend to bunker down in recognizable spots and cover corners whereas Ts would love to use a silenced M4 because it makes it just a tad harder to pinpoint them. This feels sort of like it's intentional, or am I just confusing myself here?

Yup. I sometimes grab the other team's rifles whenever I play. Also consider that more often than not the T team is the one that has to be on the move when entering a site while the CTs are usually stationary. Ts benefit from a more mobile rifle while CTs benefit from the more stationary one.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

pandaK posted:

It's imaginary, really. I think a lot of people take a "fight fire with fire" approach to primaries, if they're on T, they'd rather battle an M4 with another M4, if they're on CT they'd rather battle AK vs AK. But I don't think it's intended by Valve, I don't think it's a "conscience choice" by players, its just one of those things that happens.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

pandaK posted:

I think if you could buy both sides' weapons, most people would get the AK regardless. One shot HS generally trumps any marginal gains from silencing or tighter spray pattern. Only time I'd favour another weapon would be M4A4 against a no armour rush. Also, I can only think of a few very specific examples of times where a rushing Terrorist would be "hard to pinpoint", even with a silenced weapon.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
As the owner of this beautiful piece of poo poo:

I would be all over an FAL in CS:GO :swoon:

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 16, 2014

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

I AM BRAWW posted:

I'm really surprised by how many of these pro players are still using the CZ. I thought it would've completely dropped out of use favor,

It's been used pretty much non stop since it was added though

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

It's been used pretty much non stop since it was added though

I'm talking about when they changed it to take over the Tec-9/Five Seven slot and bumped the price up.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

The AK is 9/10 times the better rifle regardless of side.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I refined my thoughts a bit.

AK costs 2700, with the option of a L1A1 (a single shot FAL british army variant).

The l1a1 would be:

-3500 credits
-20 round mag, 40 in reserve
-single shot only
-super inaccurate while moving
-extreme recoil

This would still make it a serious contender with the AK in terms of value and close range.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Vahakyla posted:

I refined my thoughts a bit.

AK costs 2700, with the option of a L1A1 (a single shot FAL british army variant).

The l1a1 would be:

-3500 credits
-20 round mag, 40 in reserve
-single shot only
-super inaccurate while moving
-extreme recoil

This would still make it a serious contender with the AK in terms of value and close range.

The new gun have to be crazy powerful to supplant the AK. The AK would be cheaper, have more ammo, and is already inaccurate during movement and lots of recoil. It'd have to be 2hko body shots and that would probably be OP.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Honestly I don't see why we want to add a new gun when Ts already have a $3500 pile of poo poo rifle that needs to be fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

I can't be the only one that doesn't really want or care about new guns. The A1 was a good addition but it filled a role between the A4 and the lowly Famas, T's don't have that problem.

• Locked thread