Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Alan 'the Scottish Cafu' Hutton has signed a three-year contract at Villa after a few good games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroud
May 11, 2009

TelekineticBear! posted:

Lloris is loving garbage aha hes the kagawa of keepers

So he'll be a world-beater once he goes to a good club?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Shroud posted:

So he'll be a world-beater once he goes to a good club?

I think he means that Lloris is being played out of position.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

dox posted:

I'd say top 3 goalkeepers are Neuer, Courtois and Lloris. You could make the argument that Lloris is a better sweeper keeper than Courtois.

Ah yes, the World Cup and Bundesliga champion Manuel Neuer, the La Liga winner and CL finalist Courtois and also the hero of last season's unforgettable 6th place in the Premier League, Hugo Lloris.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Ah yes, the World Cup and Bundesliga champion Manuel Neuer, the La Liga winner and CL finalist Courtois and also the hero of last season's unforgettable 6th place in the Premier League, Hugo Lloris.

While your post is v funny and I agree with your general assessment of Lloris, noted cool and good keeper Keylor Navas is riding the bench for his white club and only got one stage farther in the WC so I think your methodology is slightly suspect.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I was hoping I would forget all about Rio Ferdinand now that he's pretty much retired (or, chose to not renew his United contract, as he likes to call it) but the twat still manages to piss me off. What a tool but at least the book shows the kind of crybabies Moyes had to work with.

Ming the Merciless
Aug 10, 2005
You're a beard with an idiot hanging off of it.

Frankston posted:

Alan 'the Scottish Cafu' Hutton has signed a three-year contract at Villa after a few good games

I remember loving hating Hutton for how good he was against us in the season opener last season. If he can shut down a few more big clubs as he did Arsenal last season and Liverpool this weekend, he's probably worth the contract.

Dekko
May 23, 2007

Ming the Merciless posted:

I remember loving hating Hutton for how good he was against us in the season opener last season. If he can shut down a few more big clubs as he did Arsenal last season and Liverpool this weekend, he's probably worth the contract.

Nope, before the start of this season Hutton hadn't played a single competitive game for Villa since May 2012. Because of the owner/money/reasons.

Not surprised he was offered a new contract (because we're skint and even ok-ish players are expensive these days) but considering the club told him to get hosed and train with the kids for 2 years im surprised he accepted it.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Dekko posted:

Nope, before the start of this season Hutton hadn't played a single competitive game for Villa since May 2012. Because of the owner/money/reasons.

Not surprised he was offered a new contract (because we're skint and even ok-ish players are expensive these days) but considering the club told him to get hosed and train with the kids for 2 years im surprised he accepted it.
its almost certainly not a raise, but an extension on his previous deal at a lower wage...

if that is in fact the case it's a fine deal even though i would have liked it to be two years, rather than three.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Ninpo posted:

Jones has been the one defender prior to his injury that didn't look like a chump in the 3 at the back wtf are you on about?

What does that have to do with what you quoted?

You got me thinking about defenders! It's depressing!

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Edit: whoops. Wrong thread.

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 16, 2014

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Thanks for posting that in two different threads fucknut.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

My mistake, that's a continuation of the other retarded post you made.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't believe Diego Silva is as good as he is. I thought he was over with the World Cup debacle.

I can't believe my usually spot-on analisys of football was wrong.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Mans posted:

I can't believe Diego Silva is as good as he is. I thought he was over with the World Cup debacle.

I can't believe my usually spot-on analisys of football was wrong.

Brazilian League thread is *checks forum notes* over there in the South American shitheap.

(unless you mean Costa?)

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Wilshere has done his ankle again.

lol.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

lol.
he was also not good (nor were any of the other midfielders) and other than a brief moment of brilliance has been poo poo this season so it's not a big loss.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

straight up brolic posted:

he was also not good (nor were any of the other midfielders) and other than a brief moment of brilliance has been poo poo this season so it's not a big loss.

He's had a couple good games, but I'm just amused.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

what did you think of him against city?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

what did you think of him against city?
arsenal played really narrow in midfield which suits him and played nice one twos and linked up well with sanchez and welbeck who added a lot more to build up than sanogo. scored a sick goal, should have had a penalty go against him, put in good effort. good match, probably his best of the season, but he still wasnt the world class player that arsenal want's him to be. a little loose in possession and didn't provide enough defensively. not a full pitch player, only really helpful and active in the attacking third.

Sanchez put in the best performance, Monreal the worst...Wilshere was somewhere in between.

I haven't reviewed the match so I can't really pinpoint any specific situational details

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

arsenal played really narrow in midfield which suits him and played nice one twos and linked up well with sanchez and welbeck who added a lot more to build up than sanogo. scored a sick goal, should have had a penalty go against him, put in good effort. good match, probably his best of the season, but he still wasnt the world class player that arsenal want's him to be. a little loose in possession and didn't provide enough defensively. not a full pitch player, only really helpful and active in the attacking third.

Sanchez put in the best performance, Monreal the worst...Wilshere was somewhere in between.

I haven't reviewed the match so I can't really pinpoint any specific situational details

*nods head*

That Sanchez goal was sick and I believe the header was a Wilshere hustle special.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

lol.

Its ok Diaby is fiahahahahahahahahahaha

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Forgotten man Jonas Gutierrez has testicular cancer. Poor guy already had a ball removed, that hair is gone too.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9474092

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bovril Delight posted:

Forgotten man Jonas Gutierrez has testicular cancer. Poor guy already had a ball removed, that hair is gone too.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9474092

That's a real bummer, hope the dude has a full recovery and plays foot again.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

That's a real bummer, hope the dude has a full recovery and plays foot again.

He's the wrong side of 30 so this will probably spark his retirement. Even if he does recover I doubt he'll play at a level anywhere near the PL again.

Sucks but he's apparently taking really aggressive action on it so hopefully he's able to recover.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

He's the wrong side of 30 so this will probably spark his retirement. Even if he does recover I doubt he'll play at a level anywhere near the PL again.

Sucks but he's apparently taking really aggressive action on it so hopefully he's able to recover.

Maybe he can go play in Argentina and get fat and happy while still drawing a nice salary like all proper South American footballers.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

vyelkin posted:

that or he'll come back and win the Tour de France PL 7 times in a row

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Smeef posted:

that or he'll come back and win the Tour de France PL 7 times in a row

Hopefully he'd have an awesome scene in a remake of Dodgeball.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Brazilian League thread is *checks forum notes* over there in the South American shitheap.

(unless you mean Costa?)

gently caress, yeah Costa.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Poor Danny
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29232605

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I said before that I felt bad for Danny, he's a positive addition to an Arsenal side that would be utterly toothless without him but he's still not very good, he was always going to miss a million chances and never score that much and it's a bit of a shame how much pressure he's under to suddenly be the sort of player he's never once showed himself to be capable of.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Danny Welbeck is a good backup striker.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
I Believe In Danny

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Danny Welbeck is a foreign myth

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The Danny Welbeck goal scoring challenge 2015

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Danny's a good lad tbh.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Welbeck works hard and misses a good chance is p.much what happens - look at the match in the champions league when he tried to chip Neuer. He's not good when he has too much time to think on a chance

He will come good

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
At least he's better than Giroud.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
He could have been more clinical but a big fuckin :laffo: at finding column inches to write about Welbeck when the midfield and particularly the defence were utterly woeful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Xabi posted:

At least he's better than Giroud.

That's a serious debate that should now be discussed for the next 3 pages.

• Locked thread