Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

I was just going to post this what the gently caress that picture lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
How high am I right now?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

ephex posted:

How high am I right now?
As high as The Meadow can gorilla press you, brother!

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

azathosk posted:

Seems like I'm safe from my probation. The rumour mill says that HSV wants Felix Magath as manager.

I wanted to make a lame something something Magath joke when they fired Slomka but thought it to be too much of a low hanging fruit.

Also Wieses wrestle persona should be Captain Frogtech imho.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
It's even on the "front page" of the Guardian football blog! Here: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/16/tim-wiese-germany-goalkeeper-wwe-wrestling-offer

quote:

Wiese, who has six international caps for Germany and was part of his country’s World Cup squad in 2010, has drastically transformed his physique and now weighs 115kg (18st 1lb). It has been suggested that Wiese would spend around a year training in Florida and could then become the lead wrestler in the WWE’s plans for Germany, where events are now being broadcast on free-to-air television for the first time in 12 years.

Tim Wiese, lead wrestler of Germany. WTF!

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

Torrannor posted:

Tim Wiese, lead wrestler of Germany. WTF!

He might get to wear speedo #1.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
When Slomka got his job at HSV last year, they immediately demolished Dortmund 3-0. So if they don't destroy Pep's mediocre team with the performance of a lifetime, featuring Thomas Tuchel or Felix Magath, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

sicDaniel posted:

When Slomka got his job at HSV last year, they immediately demolished Dortmund 3-0. So if they don't destroy Pep's mediocre team with the performance of a lifetime, featuring Thomas Tuchel or Felix Magath, I'm going to be very disappointed.

The U23 manager will be taking the reigns against Bayern.

Tuchel is also out of contention according to various sources (seems to be waiting for a club that doesn't fire their manager on a whim, so weirdly Schalke is in a prime position to sign him next season lmao).

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Yeah, Tuchel's too smart and ambitious to take this suicide mission.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Yeah cause Schalke offers so much stability and long term job security.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Idk man Keller has been there an awfully long time...

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Bayer poo vier

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Leverkusen? More like human beingkusen lmbo!

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Gayer failbadpoosen! lmfao!!!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Dunban posted:

Bayer poo vier

Myron posted:

Leverkusen? More like human beingkusen lmbo!

Pand posted:

Gayer failbadpoosen! lmfao!!!

Agreed on all counts.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.
Dear Everyone,
I want that Sechzig Wies'n kit so incredibly bad.

That is all.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Schalke lose in Dresden but draw in London, haha. Despite looking like poo poo in a lot of games, they might still sneak into the next round and get 4th in the Bundesliga, because everybody else isn't any good either, it's silly.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

heh

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

elbkaida posted:

Schalke lose in Dresden but draw in London, haha. Despite looking like poo poo in a lot of games, they might still sneak into the next round and get 4th in the Bundesliga, because everybody else isn't any good either, it's silly.

well, "everybody else isn't any good either" should have been clear by the miracle that was the HSV not being relegated last season.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

It's a funny old game, eh ?
Also never forget: HSV only wasn't relegated because of the away goal rule after barely managing to draw fürth twice. Those cunts.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
And just a few weeks later HSV bought one of their best players. Both Magath and Solskjær resigned today. I bet one of them ends up in Hamburg (it won't be Solskjær).

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jack's Flow posted:

I wish the HSV would simply go away.
They're already gone!

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES
congrats to hopterque for the 15 pt. CL tipps...spot on, man. :thumbsup:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
It's me, I'm the best.

loving hell wolfsburg got wrecked though.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The win ended up a bit too high thanks to the usual EL crap reffing (both Everton goals in the second half were irregular).

Healbot fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Sep 19, 2014

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Don't forget it's a Englische Woche so tipp those kicks.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

quote:

"He played in the third team back then, and physically he was nothing, but he knew how to help himself with the right movement," Cruyff said. "And this experience in turning disadvantages into advantages distinguishes him as a coach. To me, he's one of the best in the world.

"What is really outstanding about Guardiola is that he doesn't force his style of football onto his team. He analyses what is best for the team, utilises the special details and through that leads them to the greatest possible success.

Cruyff has definitely lost it.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

quote:

What is really outstanding about Guardiola is that he doesn't force his style of football onto his team.

That anybody could say this unironically is incredible.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
If you honestly think that Pep's Barca is identital to Pep's Bayern, you haven't been paying a whole lot of attention.

Ramms+ein
Nov 11, 2003
Henshin-a-go-go, baby!
What a fantastic end to the Hertha game, Ronny with two goals from free kicks and the last one in injury time.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dunban posted:

If you honestly think that Pep's Barca is identital to Pep's Bayern, you haven't been paying a whole lot of attention.

I never thought that, but Pep's Bayern is not Jupp's Bayern.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dunban posted:

Give Pep time he's only been there five minutes. He can't just get rid of Ribery and Robben and any actual strikers over night.

In the above sarcastic comment, pretend that Ribery and Robben are metaphors for Eto'o and Henry. Perhaps Muller could later represent Deco.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
It's simply amazing how Schalke just can't string two good games together.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

frankenfreak posted:

It's simply amazing how Schalke just can't string two good games together.

But they also can't string enough bad games together to get Keller fired :v:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Nice officiating there at Hamburg, calling off the first half with 3 seconds to spare. Truly the German injury time.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
You know what's really, really, REALLY amazing though? How anyone can call a soccer match involving 1860 soccer at all. 90 minutes of nothingness...

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

AlexF posted:

You know what's really, really, REALLY amazing though? How anyone can call a soccer match involving 1860 soccer at all. 90 minutes of nothingness...

This but St. Pauli :emo:

Healbot posted:

Nice officiating there at Hamburg, calling off the first half with 3 seconds to spare. Truly the German injury time.

Zinnie time ?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The best thing involving 60 was the whiniest fan ever back in 2004 in my train ride back home. :iamafag:

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Thank you so much, football legend Francis Kioyo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Dunban posted:

But they also can't string enough bad games together to get Keller fired :v:
That's just another way to phrase it.

Also, lol HSV. Haste Scheisse am Fuß, haste Scheisse am Fuß.

• Locked thread