Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

Someone announcing a date to announce a release date is enough for crucifixion imo.

Also not being able to figure out how to ship that $100 model I certainly have no interest at all in buying from the US to Canada :negative:

I just mean surely he will somehow gently caress up Homeworld. Should be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Mokinokaro posted:

It's one of the best as the standalone expansion to the second game. Just be warned it's got no tutorial or campaign (those were in base AoW 2, but the base game didn't have random maps.)

Um... Shadow Magic does have a campaign and tutorial, granted it's not the best but it does have one.

Malek fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 19, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rirse posted:

Getgamer has the best price on the biggest anime for $12.

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/final-fantasy-xiii

I just...It's still not worth it. It's literally one of the most boring games released - the 'experimental' combat for a FF game can't save it. Save your money and time for FF15 (on assumption) or at least one of the other FF13s.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

ChibiSoma posted:

What other stuff has Ghostlight worked on to gain such a bad reputation, anyway?

The short gist is that they operated as the EU publisher for a lot of Atlus and other niche titles for years, given that said companies did not have a European division. However, in doing so, they would basically miss ship dates, delay things so titles came out years late, and had nonexistant QA while introducing massive, game-breaking bugs to these titles which had already shipped perfectly fine in two other worldwide regions (putting the blame firmly on their poo poo).

In theory, the fact that Sega was taking over for Atlus' poo poo was going to put the nail in their coffin. Then they began acting as a publisher for Japanese titles on Steam, and while I love some of this stuff getting PC ports, I would much rather an awful, worthless company die out. Someone else will pick up the slack (and maybe be more discerning. Agarest, yeesh.)

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 19, 2014

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
So, what's the verdict on the special editions of the Monkey Islands? They're cheap enough that I fancy picking them up during this sale.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

So, what's the verdict on the special editions of the Monkey Islands? They're cheap enough that I fancy picking them up during this sale.

So long as you play with the original graphics, they're fine.

The new graphics are so loving ugly and make it feel like a flash game.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Did Sakura Spirit always have a nudity warning on the store page? Don't tell me they actually allowed the r18 version to be patched in. :pwn:

There is no r18 version to patch in. I'm not sure why everyone is convinced there is??

edit: Eh gently caress it, it's not worth defending that poo poo game.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Sep 19, 2014

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Orv posted:

I just mean surely he will somehow gently caress up Homeworld. Should be fun.

Well we do know Gearbox can do well with content that isn't theirs.

Probably should be more worried about the Shipbreakers free-to-play game that is now being reworked into Homeworld: Shipbreakers instead of the re-release. That's brand new stuff to gently caress up Homeworld with, even if it's not Gearbox doing that.

Plus I don't care if the source code is lost to the ages not putting in the work to update Homeworld Cataclysm is a travesty by itself.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Deakul posted:

So long as you play with the original graphics, they're fine.

The new graphics are so loving ugly and make it feel like a flash game.

As far as I know there's no way to play with the original graphics but with voices on, is there? I wasn't able to when I tried before, but I would hope that's fixed by now.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

smenj posted:

It was an SMT game. What appeared to have happened (at least, so I was told) was that Atlus put in the EU localisation stuff for Ghostlight (new publisher names and stuff) and broke the game in doing so, then Ghostlight released the game without testing it sufficiently. Then it took ages to get fixed.

Devil Survivor Overclocked, yeah. Considering it's an SMT game, having the game freeze on you for three minutes when you summon a demon was something that they really should have caught, since you would be doing a lot of demon summoning. Admittedly, they were pretty quick in patching it (for a 3DS game) it "only" took a month. Knowing Nintendo, that's probably the fastest they could have gotten a patch out.

With that said, when the EU release was two years after the US release, adding an absolute howler of a bug like that is not acceptable.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Kiranamos posted:

As far as I know there's no way to play with the original graphics but with voices on, is there? I wasn't able to when I tried before, but I would hope that's fixed by now.

The voices don't bother me really, they're great.
But, good god that art is bad.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Kiranamos posted:

There is in LeChuck's Revenge, that is an option (and it's recommended because otherwise text goes by TOO FAST), but it was never patched into Secret of Monkey Island.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Heads up, Flatout series is currently 90% off on nuuvem. Don't get the bundle as 3 is terrible. Ultimate Carnage $1.47

Uses games for windows though..
http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2321-flatout-ultimate-carnage

KoB
May 1, 2009

More Jojo poses please.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
elminage is back again so that's good. if your game isn't working just verify game cache and it's fine

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Drifter posted:

I just...It's still not worth it. It's literally one of the most boring games released - the 'experimental' combat for a FF game can't save it. Save your money and time for FF15 (on assumption) or at least one of the other FF13s.

Freak Futanari said it was good and I believe... uh, them.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 19, 2014

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

KoB posted:

More Jojo poses please.

Is this a JoJo pose? Is my Fabulous lore not current?! :ohdear:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
How is Lego LOTR and/or The Hobbit? Worth $5 or $7.50?

I guess any of the Lego games, same question?

Orv
May 4, 2011

computer parts posted:

How is Lego LOTR and/or The Hobbit? Worth $5 or $7.50?

I guess any of the Lego games, same question?

The recent spate of LEGO games (which I guess is all of them except like, Lego Island or something) all run pretty heavily off your affinity for a certain IP. They're all decent games, but you'll enjoy them a lot more if the one you're playing is a thing you're interested in. Marvel has a great open world bit, but if you don't care about Marvel that might not do it for you. Batman 2 is fantastic if you're a Batman person who doesn't take Batman too seriously. LotR/Hobbit is pretty good because they managed to pack a lot of humor into what are effectively cutscene reproductions of the movies.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
Monaco https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=kbVVr4yVaZBfh2ab

Gone Home https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=UmFGWKTTNqv2yVMv

Anyone have any fun with the bridge or race the sun?

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Sky Shadowing posted:

There is in LeChuck's Revenge, that is an option (and it's recommended because otherwise text goes by TOO FAST), but it was never patched into Secret of Monkey Island.

That's really unfortunate. I'm surprised there's not a fan mod for it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Seems these got switched or something! I ended up with a link to Monaco, but I already own it. Putting it here: https://www.humblebundle.com/?key=FZBwex2Ptf4f5qz2

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Shadow of Mordor PC version currently being shown on nvidia's marathon stream thing.

http://www.twitch.tv/TwinGalaxiesLive

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Seems these got switched or something! I ended up with a link to Monaco, but I already own it. Putting it here: https://www.humblebundle.com/?key=FZBwex2Ptf4f5qz2

Ooooh, got lucky with this one. Thanks.

Returning the favor with a copy of X-COM: UFO Defense

Orv
May 4, 2011

iastudent posted:

Shadow of Mordor PC version currently being shown on nvidia's marathon stream thing.

http://www.twitch.tv/TwinGalaxiesLive

This is quickly abolishing my concerns for the PC version.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Drifter posted:

Just tell people to get The Last Remnant. Experimental Saga game and cheap as hell.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Scalding Coffee posted:

Just tell people to get The Last Remnant. Experimental Saga game and cheap as hell.

LR is legit really good as far as jrpgs go.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Drifter posted:

LR is legit really good as far as jrpgs go.

How fun is the combat? This is important.

(Yes I'm aware I'm asking about combat in a JRPG)

Morter fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 20, 2014

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Morter posted:

The biggest problem with LR is the protagonist. The world is kind of interesting, the combat is unique/the best part about it, lots of content, not very anime etc.

Then you have a 14 year old kid as the protag, and he's constantly annoying/the worst.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Morter posted:

If you're not making fun of me it's really good.

Here's my steam review which briefly details my feelings on the subject.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/refity4/recommended/23310

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

iastudent posted:

For gently caress's sake Ghostlight. :ughh:
I really dislike that company.

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
I've had an itch for some kind of ARPG. Not necessarily even a traditional Diablo style one, any kind of RPG without turn based combat sounds good. What would be a solid one? I've tried PoE, Marvel Heroes, Kingdoms of Amalur, and Torchlight but they didn't do it for me.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Grey Elephants posted:

I've had an itch for some kind of ARPG. Not necessarily even a traditional Diablo style one, any kind of RPG without turn based combat sounds good. What would be a solid one? I've tried PoE, Marvel Heroes, Kingdoms of Amalur, and Torchlight but they didn't do it for me.

Well, I'd recommend the Van Helsing games (either one, they're both fun).

That being said, what are you looking for in an ARPG? Any particular type of setting? Magic? Combat style?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
:aaaaa:

Just got gifted Wasteland 2 by Drifter via Dementropy! Goddamn, best day of the month right here - especially after what this week's been like. Thanks you two, you're both fantastic goons! :glomp:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Morter posted:

Is this a JoJo pose? Is my Fabulous lore not current?! :ohdear:

No, just asking.

Also more frog.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Grey Elephants posted:

Well if you're just looking for "RPG with action combat" and not an ARPG, the Ys games might do it for you. Really fast-paced combat with great bosses and amazing music.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Grey Elephants posted:

Buy War in the North and tell me us if it's fun. It's 5 bucks.

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013

Dementropy posted:

Well, I'd recommend the Van Helsing games (either one, they're both fun).

That being said, what are you looking for in an ARPG? Any particular type of setting? Magic? Combat style?

Definitely some kind of fantasy is preferable.

Lance Streetman posted:

Well if you're just looking for "RPG with action combat" and not an ARPG, the Ys games might do it for you. Really fast-paced combat with great bosses and amazing music.

On the other hand... anime.

e: I should mention that I've played Skyrim to death.

Grey Elephants fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Sep 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Morter posted:

Buy War in the North and tell me us if it's fun. It's 5 bucks.

Play it coop and it's a blast, especially if find joy in a certain amount of ragdoll jank. Play it solo and suffer.

• Locked thread