Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

the tedium is actually part of what's supposed to engage you in the kafkaesque narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

Otisburg posted:

the tedium is actually part of what's supposed to engage you in the kafkaesque narrative.

lmao

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

the fun part of animal crossing is showing offy our cool style to your friends and having a great time together

Objectivist Rapist
Mar 25, 2007

Rape is a construct
and I'm an engineer

Foxhound posted:

holy poo poo i do not understand why people play animal crossing

its like the sims but without any of the fun stuff like setting fire to guests and building mazes or loving every living thing???

it's a relaxing lil zen garden masquerading as a video game, h t h

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
It sucks and its retarded.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

perhaps the same could be said of all video games

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Otisburg posted:

Plenty of video games are really good and much better than papers please so no. I think this is just a stupid gamer hating post so i hope you'll get banned.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I didn't think it was boring, definitely not intentionally boring. The aesthetics were all about tedium, but the game itself was about managing space and being able to carry out a progressively more complicated task under time pressure. Hell, I enjoyed it.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

lmao

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Somebody said that exact same thing to me when I said Persona was boring.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Persona is about the epic story and all the friends you make and mysteries you solve on your adventure.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Persona 2 has mind numbingly slow combat though

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Hoodrich posted:

Persona is about the epic story and all the friends you make and mysteries you solve on your adventure.

It's about grinding and fusions and I don't like it.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Persona is bad.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
why would anyone say persona is boring on purpose

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Otisburg posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Your messed up mate.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Papers Please motivates you to be efficient by giving you money for each entrant correctly processed, and fines you for your mistakes. I thought nobody in Communist countries were punished for not doing their jobs efficiently.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
gone hoem is the world's most boring game

the secret is lesbians

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

I want a city 17 papers please with a pick up that can button

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Papers, Please was too hard for me so I used Cheat Engine to hack me some cash. I feel this is the right way to play a game about life in a totalitarian state.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

elf help book posted:

well yeah, all games are wonderful unique snowflakes and to call a lovely game "bad" is to not understand its art direction and clearly you have no taste in the fine art of gaming and ppppppbbbbblfffffttttttttttt

gay skull fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Indie games like Papers Please are awesome. AAA titles are so formulaic now, they taste like wet cardboard.

• Locked thread