Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i got a game none of you fucks have ever heard of

mostly because it is A. a PC game and B. never been officially translated from Chinese. there is a fan translation, however.

but! its made by Koei, and it plays like a Shining Force game, so its pretty good. i was thinking of doing an imp zone lets play, with none of the modern lets play bullshit aka lets write dumb poo poo loving dialogue into the game or add dumb lovely jokes embellished with gimmicks.
there's lps that don't do that. you could just post it in let's play. so long as you used capital letters anyway.

also you didn't actually say the game's name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Tiler Kiwi posted:

its made by Koei, and it plays like a Shining Force game

You had me here, but you didn't actually mention the name of the game.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Endorph posted:

there's lps that don't do that. you could just post it in let's play. so long as you used capital letters anyway.

also you didn't actually say the game's name

oh poo poo im retarded

Legend of Cao Cao

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Ninja Five-O is obscure because there were only like 5,000 copies of it or whatever the hell the minimum GBA printing was, although the rarity combined with how loving cool it is has earned it notoriety.

and I loving don't know where I left my copy :(

Anyway it's cool, a bit short but there's no fat on it whatsoever. Crazy grappling mechanic and fun level design equals many opportunities to feel like a badass ninja once you get it down.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

thuly posted:

Ore no ryouri is iron chef to cooking mamas rachel ray

Its hardcore

I like cook, serve, delicious since you can play it as a bizarro typing game.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
saw the title and azure dreams was exactly what came to mind, but maybe in not so many words. the ds sequel sucks.

umihara kawase shun is on psx and also great, it's like bionic commando with fish instead of nazis

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

umihara kawase shun is on psx and also great

Aren't all the Umihara Kawase games just repeated remakes of the original SNES one? Not being snarky, a legit question.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

ooooh I remember that game

I thought it was the poo poo at age 10 or something

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH
I am probably the only person who would consider them 'excellent' but I always liked the Chameleon Twist games for the N64. If there was a 3D Yoshi game from that era it would probably play something like that.

I have no idea how the first game got a sequel, but not only did that happen but they went through the trouble of remodeling the main characters in the NA release because they thought Americans wanted them to look more like chameleons.

vs

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
for a bargain bin game, chameleon twist was pretty good. Never played the sequel thiugh

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Endorph posted:

not even convinced the caps are necessary

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
idk if bushido blade counts as obscure but it was definitely loving excellent

are there any more modern "realistic" fighting games w/ weapons other than that ps2 samurai game that wasnt as good as bushido blade?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
terminal velocity was sick

i guess i just figured if you were pcgamin back then you knew about it/played it

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

Das Butterbrot posted:

are there any more modern "realistic" fighting games w/ weapons other than that ps2 samurai game that wasnt as good as bushido blade?
ah, kengo. it had that minigame where the goal was not to fall asleep. I don't know that there's many realistic ones but wasn't there that fighter on xbox where broken limbs affected your fighting? and bio freaks I guess

Mach2 posted:

Aren't all the Umihara Kawase games just repeated remakes of the original SNES one? Not being snarky, a legit question.
thought so but having just looked it up a new one came out for 3ds last year

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

oh while i'm posting azure dreams had really awesome music for '97, jaunty faux-world-music stuff before it was a trend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdRyVv5Gz1s

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

PleasingFungus posted:

not even convinced the caps are necessary

lp has relaxed quite a bit. caps aren't necessarily necessary, though there'll probably be a few posters no matter where you go who get wound up about that.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
treasures of the deep owned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzSfJpH5TdM

underwater exploration with missiles and harpoons and nets. you explore a sunken mayan temple in one level and retrieve stolen nazi gold in another. the atmosphere is perfect. only other game that gets close is everblue 2

i will never see another game like this ever made again

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGB_K7BCCyc

Sub Culture was fun.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
just recently i came across a little game called Call of Duty where you play a soldier called into duty to help prevent a war with hitler. its on all the major systems but no one ever seems to mention it. should check it out!!

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Also Incredible Crisis (yo~aeeekh)

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

motherfucking Binary domain bitches, rear end-cool loving robot shooting gently caress poo poo simulator rear end loads loving yes murder suck my cock slut you know you want it

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

but seriously, Binary Domain is pretty good and you should try it. The robot killing is really satisfying, and makes up for the weird squad-based command stuff that doesn't work that well. It's really too bad it lacks couch-based co-op

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Giants: Citizen Kabuto

bad rear end graphics that could barely run on most computers when it came out. its sort of like a first person RTS game with massive open levels. One guy plays a huge monster that eats other players. I wish the multiplayer wasn't dead because it is neat

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Pookum posted:

bad rear end graphics that could barely run on most computers when it came out. its sort of like a first person RTS game with massive open levels. One guy plays a huge monster that eats other players. I wish the multiplayer wasn't dead because it is neat

The PS2 version could be had for under a buck for ages. And it ran just as good on the PS2 as it did on the PC.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Pookum posted:

I seem to remember the mermaid people had their tits out. Was it only on PC or only in certain regions like Europe?

Dec 26, 2012

Azraelle posted:

motherfucking Binary domain bitches, rear end-cool loving robot shooting gently caress poo poo simulator rear end loads loving yes murder suck my cock slut you know you want it

i actually did like this game, minus the part where the pc port is real bad

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Azraelle posted:

:iamafag:

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Laputanmachine posted:

I seem to remember the mermaid people had their tits out. Was it only on PC or only in certain regions like Europe?

Europe only, but you could get the nipples back by editing a config file

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

project eden was a really weird third-person shooter with puzzle solving but it also had four-player co-op and you could grief the gently caress out of one another, those two points alone make it excellent

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Awesome Welles posted:

project eden was a really weird third-person shooter with puzzle solving but it also had four-player co-op and you could grief the gently caress out of one another, those two points alone make it excellent

Not enough F-bombs in this post at first glance. Did not read.

Dec 26, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Wormskull posted:

:qq:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I feel like nobody ever talks about Chrono Cross because they didn't consider it a proper sequel to Chrono Trigger, but I actually had more fun playing Cross than I did Trigger. I replayed that poo poo until I unlocked every possible character. So many new game+es.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Sombrerotron posted:

is ascendancy kind of obscure? idk but play it anyway, if only because the art direction and music own

also out of about 21 alien species there's only like two that could possibly be considered anthropomorphic and neither is very humanoid

have summa dis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx-YGTqgWWk

that was a cool game but the AI was broken from the get-go and the limited developer support never fixed it, and of course it doesnt' ahve multiplayer, so you are left with a cool idea, and good music, but no game-play. Actually sim-city has more gameplay then ascendancy does :/

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I feel like nobody ever talks about Chrono Cross because they didn't consider it a proper sequel to Chrono Trigger, but I actually had more fun playing Cross than I did Trigger. I replayed that poo poo until I unlocked every possible character. So many new game+es.

yeah but it has the single worst battle music out of any JRPG, which really sucks because the combat was fun and you end up hearing that stupid rear end song a million times

story was stupidly convoluted though

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
content: Ragnarok Battle Offline loving owns. It's a free game that supports up to 3 players, locally only unfortunately, it's a sidescroller beat'em up game with really good execution and mechanics. 6? Classes that are unique, as well as a cool leveling mechanic that allows you to do fun stuff with your stats.

http://rbo.wikia.com/wiki/Ragnarok_Battle_Offline_Wiki

Anyway there is an english translation for it that is mostly complete, but is totally optional as once you figure out the controls everything else is pretty straightforward.

Gameplay! TW: k-pop music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXFyybgOQYA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZUH_AvFJyg

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
ragnarok Battle Offline is wonderful

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think there are 3rd party clients for playing rbo online.

Dec 26, 2012

ragnarok battle offline online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croc suit
Nov 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ByIYt_Wp4I

• Locked thread