Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I think I'm stuck trying to complete For The Republic Part 2 without killing all the Great Khans. I completed Oh My Papa and convinced Papa Khan to break the allegiance with Ceasar and suicide at the final battle, but he's too stubborn to join the NCR. I can stealth kill Papa Khan in his bedroom, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on them; whenever I talk to Regis, he just asks me if I have any news and my only speech option is "Goodbye." Is there something I'm missing? I've tried reloading my previous save as well as leaving, waiting and coming back, but nothing works. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I always have the Great Khans leave to forge a mighty new empire in the north with the Followers :black101:

Its kind of weird for a group of raiders that most of the Khans are quite likable.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

HappyHelmet posted:

Mostly I just hated Ulysses though. That dumb "batman" voice was like nails on a chalkboard too me, and the fact that I really couldn't give a poo poo about what he was talking about (and yes, I understood it too) didn't help matters. The whole LR DLC is built around Ulysses so if you don't like him as an antagonist... welp.

Fun Fact: the actor who voiced Ulysses also voiced the Biological Research Station.

"I have walked the length and breadth of the Divide... just waitin' for yawwww seeeeeed."

KnightLight
Aug 8, 2009

Lester Shy posted:

I think I'm stuck trying to complete For The Republic Part 2 without killing all the Great Khans. I completed Oh My Papa and convinced Papa Khan to break the allegiance with Ceasar and suicide at the final battle, but he's too stubborn to join the NCR. I can stealth kill Papa Khan in his bedroom, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on them; whenever I talk to Regis, he just asks me if I have any news and my only speech option is "Goodbye." Is there something I'm missing? I've tried reloading my previous save as well as leaving, waiting and coming back, but nothing works. Any ideas?

I think that just convincing the Khans to break the alliance with Caesar should be enough to complete For The Republic Part 2. They don't need to ally with the NCR.
Papa Khan will never ally with the NCR, that only happens if Papa Khan is dead and Regis is leader.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Convincing them to suicide at the Dam is the end of the Khans quest. I think you should be able to tell Moore they won't be a problem any more now, but I've never completed it that way so I'm not sure. Also it might be bugged. Either way, if you already convinced them to do the suicide attack you can't then convince them to do anything else.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
There's a bug where it's impossible to spare the Great Khans in the NCR questline if you complete Oh My Papa before getting the task from Moore. That might be what's causing problems.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Also of you're not going for some kind of evil NCR run, just convincing them to break the alliance with Caesar and gently caress off to wherever is your best bet. It's not like they really help you out at the dam in any real way. Though I don't know how much of a hassle reloading an earlier save would be at this point.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

closeted republican posted:

There's a bug where it's impossible to spare the Great Khans in the NCR questline if you complete Oh My Papa before getting the task from Moore. That might be what's causing problems.

Ah, that must be it. Well, time to set the world record for going from Idolized to Wild Child.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

Gynovore posted:

Fun Fact: the actor who voiced Ulysses also voiced the Biological Research Station.

"I have walked the length and breadth of the Divide... just waitin' for yawwww seeeeeed."

Now I'll never be able to take him seriously.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Lester Shy posted:

Ah, that must be it. Well, time to set the world record for going from Idolized to Wild Child.
I think you just have to kill all the named characters. So bring along a few Stealth Boys and your toughest melee weapon and you should be able to do it pretty easily without aggroing everyone in the Canyon.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Gynovore posted:

If he had voiced Ulysses the same way that would have been SOOOO much better (and hilarious).

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

The plot changes drastically based on choices you make. For example, that old grizzled spy who instantly likes you? He can end up being the last boss. That young turk that doesn't like you? You can be best buds. That female you're obviously going to boink? You can make her utterly despise you.

Gynovore posted:

You're sent into a mission, things go bad, the agency is compromised, and your superiors throw you under a bus.

Additionally, don't be too sure that your assessment was correct in any of these areas. Well, apart from the first one, you are sent on a mission.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Well, the agency is compromised. Actually I wish they'd made more of the "who betrayed you" angle, because I really love the reveal that everyone betrayed you and Alpha Protocol is just rotten to the core.

my favourite line in the game posted:

"Who was the mole?"
"Mike... who wasn't the mole?"

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

2house2fly posted:

Well, the agency is compromised. Actually I wish they'd made more of the "who betrayed you" angle, because I really love the reveal that everyone betrayed you and Alpha Protocol is just rotten to the core.

Where'd that one happen? Not sure if I've seen it.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Well it's not so much a reveal as something that becomes gradually clear I guess, but that line is from the final scene with Leland and I think only comes up if he doesn't like you.

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Murderology AND Murderonomy!
So there's a bugged out trader who's standing outside the novac hotel forever, it's a guy with a stormchaser hat in case that's familiar to anyone.

Are there any mods or console commands that will fix or at least 'reset' the wandering traders or something?

I just finished honest hearts and am moving on to old world blues next with the other two DLC untouched still. Honest Hearts is kind of eh. I mean it's really nice for gathering ingredients and junk like that there's good opportunity to get some nice weapons but goddamn are the constant attacks of giant yao guai, giant cazadores, and green geckos spitting poison like a machine gun annoying as heck.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Blackray Jack posted:

I just finished honest hearts and am moving on to old world blues next with the other two DLC untouched still. Honest Hearts is kind of eh. I mean it's really nice for gathering ingredients and junk like that there's good opportunity to get some nice weapons but goddamn are the constant attacks of giant yao guai, giant cazadores, and green geckos spitting poison like a machine gun annoying as heck.
What level were you doing it at? Around level 10 it's a lot less frantic.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I did Honest Hearts really low level one time and every yao guai I met was a cub :smith:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Blackray Jack posted:

So there's a bugged out trader who's standing outside the novac hotel forever, it's a guy with a stormchaser hat in case that's familiar to anyone.

Are there any mods or console commands that will fix or at least 'reset' the wandering traders or something?

He's always like that. He'll just stand there at Novac forever, never resetting his inventory. It's a bug in his programming I think. I don't think there's anything you can really do about it.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

He's always like that. He'll just stand there at Novac forever, never resetting his inventory. It's a bug in his programming I think. I don't think there's anything you can really do about it.
Unless you have a gun.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Blackray Jack posted:

I've got that guy! I use him to unload junk that I manage to pick up when looting raiders and ghouls, like forks and harmonicas. I do have a trader caravan that walks up and down the highway from Novac to the 188, so it's not like everyone's bugged out, just that one guy. Poor guy, just standing outside the hotel day and night, hoping someone takes pity on him and wants to buy dirty water or a switchblade.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I guess he just got tired of the nomadic life and decided it was time to settle down and build a life with his pack Brahmin.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

e: haha forgot i hadn't read this thread in a while and just replied to something like 6 pages ago

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I thought that trader was supposed to be there. Weird.

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Murderology AND Murderonomy!
Ok is there a place I can grab individual files? Cause I'm on old world blues right now and trying to select that sonic emitter - revelation just causes a crash. It MIGHT be the sound file though cause I was still able to select it but it makes no sound on firing. It'll spam me with several 'THERE IS NO DISK IN THE DISK DRIVE' crap before finally stopping.

EDIT: Verifying the files didn't work.

EDIT: Ok I fixed this. And by fixed I mean realizing that as long as I never alt tab out the weapon will function perfectly fine. Otherwise it will crash if I try to use it post alt tabbing.

Blackray Jack fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Sep 22, 2014

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.

Blackray Jack posted:

EDIT: Ok I fixed this. And by fixed I mean realizing that as long as I never alt tab out the weapon will function perfectly fine. Otherwise it will crash if I try to use it post alt tabbing.

Gamebryo is held together by tape and lovely gluesticks.

Although this does make me think, what is the ideal method to set up fake fullscreen/borderless windowed? I remember turning it on once but I don't remember how.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Oneavi posted:

Although this does make me think, what is the ideal method to set up fake fullscreen/borderless windowed? I remember turning it on once but I don't remember how.

If you're using an ENB, you can just add this to your Enblocal.ini:

quote:

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=true
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=true

If you're not running an ENB, you can try out GameCompanion.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Sep 23, 2014

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Oneavi posted:

I use this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41381

Works like a charm. If it doesn't seem like it's working, let the game load a bit. It will eventually work. It detects mod manager as well as Script Extender and FNV4GB.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Oneavi posted:

OneTweak. Works for Skyrim, F3, FNV and Oblivion.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40706/

I use that and Game Companion to adjust the gamma on the fly.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

packetmantis posted:

I thought that trader was supposed to be there. Weird.
Me too. He's always there in every playthrough I've ever done. I'm not entirely certain he's bugged.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Is there a Fallout 3 suggested mods list on the forum similar to the FNV suggested mod list?

I also need help with a Dead Money quest, dealing with Dean in the theater. Is there a safe place to stand anywhere in there? I can't even look around before my head explodes.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

queserasera posted:

Is there a Fallout 3 suggested mods list on the forum similar to the FNV suggested mod list?

I also need help with a Dead Money quest, dealing with Dean in the theater. Is there a safe place to stand anywhere in there? I can't even look around before my head explodes.

There is a thread specifically for modding FO3 with plenty of suggestions in it for you.

You don't really need to stand around looking around in the theater. Did you talk to Dean yet? If so just make a break for the back stage, if not try looking at the sheet music in front of the stage.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

Sheep-Goats posted:

-- I remember shooting missiles at the last boss for what seemed a long time before killing it and I think I had ever possible +damage perk for explosives at that point.

A high crit build + the Sonic Emitter with the Tarantula plugin will kill this boss within seconds. Pew pew pew. Boom.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

queserasera posted:

There's this STEP guide for FO3 that's being actively developed and so has what looks like an up to date list of mods. I haven't used it, but its FNV sibling is pretty good.

posh spaz
Jul 25, 2014
I noticed NV does NPC barks somewhat well, compared to the abysmal barking in Skyrim.

I was running around in the sewers, and walked by an NPC who said something like "Careful where you come up, there are Fiends on the west side." I do find it kind of odd a different NPC a few steps away said "I hope the NCR people go home, I'm sure their people miss them," although even that is a million times better than constantly hearing that "arrow in the knee" garbage.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

posh spaz posted:

I noticed NV does NPC barks somewhat well, compared to the abysmal barking in Skyrim.

I was running around in the sewers, and walked by an NPC who said something like "Careful where you come up, there are Fiends on the west side." I do find it kind of odd a different NPC a few steps away said "I hope the NCR people go home, I'm sure their people miss them," although even that is a million times better than constantly hearing that "arrow in the knee" garbage.
Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

When I got this assignment I was hoping there would be more gambling.

posh spaz
Jul 25, 2014
I did use the qualifier "somewhat." I'm not really sure why game developers do stuff like that. I mean, I wouldn't say stuff like that to random strangers. The NV Wastelander "I've got nothing to say to you" bark makes a lot of sense. It seems like it'd be better to have scarce/no barks than too many of the same barks.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

There already is a No Bark. What are you talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

The DLCs take it to a whole new level. That Pip-boy... maybe I'll tear it off your arm, wear it on my neck.