Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

What I found really weird was the commentators after the finish, saying (more than once) "Was Brock going to tap out to Cena?" despite the fact that Cena was pinning Brock, and didn't have him in the STF when Rollins struck. I don't know if they altered the finish and Vince was screaming outdated lines in Cole's ear or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

DeathChicken posted:

Charlotte Flair beating Brock at Wrestlemania is the best possible option.

Correct.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bull Dempsey is the 1 who finally beat the 1 in 21 and 1

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I would really like the John Cena push if they gave Dean Ambrose the John Cena push instead of John Cena, who isn't as good as Dean Ambrose.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

sticklefifer posted:

I had a thought - it would be hilarious if Rusev got the US title and then Triple H retired the belt just to spite him. No merger, no raising the belt to the rafters or whatever, just "gently caress you, you can't represent USA". And then have Rusev continue carrying it around anyway for heel heat.

poo poo, you just reminded me that there will soon be adults who don't remember the 90s at all. :corsair:

The answer is he wins and turns the belt in the Russian championship.It writes itself.

Then you build up someone to take it back.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Dias posted:

I just think that last night's match stretched some things a bit too far. If Lesnar eats FOUR AAs, one of the most protected finishers in history, and is still able to kick out, how the gently caress do you book someone to beat him in a clean match? You'd have to punt the fucker off a cage Foley-style. Paradoxically, the whole setup for the match didn't help Lesnar look all that powerful, IMHO, even with the finisher spamming. To me, it didn't feel like Cena was being dominated and getting lucky, it felt like he had the momentum on his side for a good part of the match but Lesnar was the wrestling equivalent to a bullet-sponge. In truth, the whole thing felt like a WWE '14 match.
The AA is far less protected than Cena himself. Even Miz at his chickenshittiest kicked out of it. It's kind of like the Angle Slam in that it's a "finisher" that gets kicked out of most of the time, but he's occasionally booked to win with it to mix things up.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Power Windows posted:

Am I crazy for thinking Ambrose should be the one to take the belt off Lesnar? His whole character is built around eating a metric fuckton of punishment and coming back for more. Even John "NEVER GIVE UP" Cena gave up; maybe it takes a deranged brawler with nothing to lose, who isn't afraid of his "dark side" because that's his only side.

I like Ambrose but I think he'd do just as well or better to be Rocky 1 instead of Rocky 2. Just keep taking a beating and ultimately lose, but show his strength by getting up after. It'd be more natural for them to finish and then cool off this feud with Seth and then re-ignite it when/if Seth cashes the briefcase in.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Yeah that whole "9/22" business has to be about the video game, the network is showing Part 1 of the Roster Reveal after Raw.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

If they did blood anymore, Brock making him pass out from blood loss would be neat. He's already at the Austin going after Bret Hart stage anyway with Rollins playing the part of Bret.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

cronox2 posted:

Yeah that whole "9/22" business has to be about the video game, the network is showing Part 1 of the Roster Reveal after Raw.

There is also a trailer out.

Karl Ontario
Jan 1, 2006

Maybe if I'm part of that mob, I can help steer it in wise directions.

Minidust posted:

The AA is far less protected than Cena himself. Even Miz at his chickenshittiest kicked out of it. It's kind of like the Angle Slam in that it's a "finisher" that gets kicked out of most of the time, but he's occasionally booked to win with it to mix things up.

I agree that plenty of guys kick out of it, but it's definitely not something he only occasionally wins with. It's his primary finisher, with the STF being his second.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Stealthed Zombie posted:

What's that jobber looking guy doing to Ziggler? I don't think I've ever seen that move before. Must be a game exclusive move, no one would actually do that in real life.

Cesaro? That's an uppercut. He does them all the time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvkRuUwNrMk

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

Cesaro? That's an uppercut. He does them all the time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvkRuUwNrMk

:thejoke:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

He was making a joke about Cesaro's supposed "Some Jobber" status.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Spikeguy posted:

He was making a joke about Cesaro's supposed "Some Jobber" status.

Also a dig on the seemingly missing giant swing that he never does.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

I thought the comment was odd for someone in the WWE thread. I should have gone with my gut. Oh well, at least we can all watch this video of Cesaro doing uppercuts.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The only way to beat Brock Lesnar is to have Steve Austin toss him a beer and see what happens next.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Is Bull Dempsy just a dollar store version of Bull Nakano?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

NienNunb posted:

Is Bull Dempsy just a dollar store version of Bull Nakano?

They don't even belong in the same sentence.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

NienNunb posted:

Pro Wrestling is really really great right now thanks in very little part to WWE.
The endless bleating about match endings does make a ton of sense when you realize that any given IWC forum is like 98% puro marks

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

The endless bleating about match endings does make a ton of sense when you realize that any given IWC forum is like 98% puro marks

Please watch New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Basic Chunnel posted:

And yet they love the bullet club :iiam:

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

Maybe because New Japan doesn't have even steven booking where interference happens literally every week.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Just make the HIAC main match with Cena/Lesnar and let Lesnar go over and walk into Mania the champion against Bryan. I don't even care if it's an evenly-matched deal at HIAC, let them both get some shots in, then Brock just wails the living poo poo out of Cena with a chair/the steps/whatever until he can't physically get up. Cena might be a decent dude outside the ring but I'm tired of his hokey RAPADOO saccharine bullshit gimmick, he needs to get his rear end handed to him, take some time off, and come back with something fresh. Maybe some better acting classes so his promos can all be better, versus having a half dozen decent promos sprinkled in with "poo poo pee pee fart joke gay joke ha ha YOU CAN'T SEE ME" garbage

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I don't watch Puro but would still like match endings to be good instead of bad, which is what they almost always are. I don't know how that fits your narrative.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Blasmeister posted:

Too Sweet, Blasmeister

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Also a dig on the seemingly missing giant swing that he never does.
He's actually pulls out from time to time lately, but on shows no one watches like Main Event. Also if you are heel its pretty good way to get heel heat by teasing and then denying the audience the move they want to see.

NienNunb posted:

Please watch New Japan Pro Wrestling.
I always forget to along with ROH TV; better turn in my IWC badge

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

achillesforever6 posted:

He's actually pulls out from time to time lately, but on shows no one watches like Main Event. Also if you are heel its pretty good way to get heel heat by teasing and then denying the audience the move they want to see.

This is what happens when I pretty much only watch Raw/NXT.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

DeathChicken posted:

Charlotte Flair beating Brock at Wrestlemania is the best possible option.

I have never wanted anything more than this.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I liked the Sheamus/Cesaro ending because it felt like that 'anything can happen' type of ending that WWE wrestling desperately needs more of. Normally it'd just be Sheamus shouting brogue a few dozen times while punching himself then his kick misses then he gets out of the other person's finisher and then finally hits his in the sequence we've seen a billion times before in almost every WWE match lately. The whole multi reversal sequence to a pin/submission is really overdone nowadays.

This one was Cesaro backing him into a corner and getting ready to charge him in what looked like your typical corner spot and Sheamus catches him wasting time arguing with the ref then comes out of the corner with a quick finisher and pins him. More finishes need to happen at random times so that we don't automatically go 'Oh here comes the finish' in our heads. But the WWE template for a match that happens every time is a discussion worthy of a thread itself where you could probably break down matches side by side minute by minute and have them all appear the same if you really tried.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

Oh, Jesus Christ, WWE Shop. Also you're many years behind.

And that's the wrong font.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

projecthalaxy posted:

I don't watch Puro but would still like match endings to be good instead of bad, which is what they almost always are. I don't know how that fits your narrative.

cena sucks. what a lovely ending. lesnar losing insults our intelligence.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Rand McNally posted:

Oh, Jesus Christ, WWE Shop. Also you're many years behind.

And that's the wrong font.

Has Vince's pop culture knowledge finally reached the 2000s?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Ambrose vs Orton set for tonight.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

cronox2 posted:

Don't get too excited for this by the way, it's the same thing as the Summerslam panel already on YouTube.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm really really just tired of Cena at this point. He's the most uninteresting main eventer and bring down everything around him. I give no fucks about any feud he is in.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

Ambrose and Orton seem like a great fit for each other. I'm very excited for this

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Minidust posted:

It's a protected finisher as in, it takes one to put you down in normal situations, two in "big" matches at most. An AA in a Raw match or against a midcarder is the end, period. More "important" people get to kick out of it in a PPV, but I can't remember a time where a second one wasn't the end - save from this match and when interference happens. Plus, it puts people down even when it's just a flash finisher. It's not the Tombstone (kinda devalued) or THE IMMORTAL LEGDROP BROTHER, but it's pretty protected.

Not that that's a problem, seeing he's the face of the company and other people have had even more protected finishers in his position, it's just to illustrate my point about how the match was booked.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

On the one hand, Ambrose battering Orton like yesterday's catfish should be fun. On the other, this only confirms my fear that Cena is stealing Rollins away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

oatgan posted:

Ambrose and Orton seem like a great fit for each other. I'm very excited for this

i hope it actually happens and they get some time

• Locked thread