Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShaunO
Jan 29, 2006

Borneo Jimmy posted:

Have apple users ever heard of phone cases?

Love the idea of Apple spending hundreds of millions on R&D for their devices only to be so defective as to have to wrap it up in a $2 case developed by non-technical Chinamen.

Whirlwind Jones posted:

A little bit? Dude is white knuckling the gently caress out of that thing in the video.

That video only came about because of reports/photos of people already accidently bending their phones without purposefully trying to do it like this guy. It's not like this is the only example - and the fact this has only come out days after the launch is really what makes it really, really bad. If this poo poo didn't start coming to light for another few months I think you could probably put it down to people being way too rough with their phones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I dont sit on my phone. But if I do, I don't expect the curve of my rear end combined with a chair to destroy it.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

im not sure why a thin lightweight piece of aluminum being bendable if you apply force to it is so surprising

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
tbf the amount of pressure they apply would bend any phone. aluminium doesnt bend right back like plastic does but the insides could be just as hosed

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

roboshit posted:

if you use a case ur a pussy

i got applecare+ and i use my iphone 6 naked all day and everyone is jealous

thoughtlessly wasting rare earths and other valuable metals for the sake of conspicuous consumption is too ownage

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

The Mad Archivist posted:

thoughtlessly wasting rare earths and other valuable metals for the sake of conspicuous consumption is too ownage

same but im down for whatever!

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
if i sat on an andropid i would expect it to grow an extra clock that also showed the wrong time

also i would expect it to still be a godawful phone

but madden on the android is better than madden on the iphone, this is an issue for me

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

jackyl posted:

if i sat on an andropid i would expect it to grow an extra clock that also showed the wrong time

also i would expect it to still be a godawful phone

but madden on the android is better than madden on the iphone, this is an issue for me

lol anroid clocks!!!

did you hear the one about the linux computre? NO YOU DIDNT BECAUSE LINUX HAS NO SOUND ROFLMANGOMAO

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I'd rather have a fragile phone I need to be careful with that kicks rear end than a piece of poo poo I can drop down the stairs that has the following properties: samsung, android, windows, nokia.

Can we all agree at least that blackberry has outlived its welcome and their new passport phone looks like a lovely palm pilot from the early 2000's?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

lol anroid clocks!!!

did you hear the one about the linux computre? NO YOU DIDNT BECAUSE LINUX HAS NO SOUND ROFLMANGOMAO

its a good point but my work android has the default home screen, and it says 6:14 in the top right, 6:15 in big font on the default weather app and 9/20 10:43 PM in small letters on the weather app because it hasn't updated that time in 4 days even though the temperature and sunny status it shows on the same loving widget is correct for now and not 10:43 4 days ago

cliches are cliches for a reason man

ShaunO
Jan 29, 2006

roboshit posted:

im not sure why a thin lightweight piece of aluminum being bendable if you apply force to it is so surprising

It's not surprising that aluminium is bendy. It's surprising that a phone has literal crumple zones.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

the giant android is way thicker and if you look at the teardowns it has the chassis screwed into the the phone while the giant iphone is basically a thin piece of aluminum held to the screen by clips.

my guess is that the apple's engineers simply refused to believe that phones could bend, the next one will probably come with a titanium stylus so people will get hyped that apple invented a stylus and the phone won't bend anymore as long as you don't lose the stylus

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

My Mom has an iPhone. I hate it whenever she asks me to do something with it, because it seems like it was designed by children with fetal alcohol syndrome, ADHD, and lobster hands.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

my phone just broke today so what exactly should i get?

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

ppl who get indignant about phones should be murdered imo

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Business Gorillas posted:

I just got a Galaxy S5. It has thus far been excellent for browsing SA and shitposting.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

genghis.khan posted:

ppl who get indignant about phones should be murdered imo

agreed kill all android users

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

has anyone itt ever seen an apple user sperg out on an android user the way android users sperg out whenever they see someone using an iphone? they always have to stop stuffing their fat greasy human being faces with their second taco bell dinner to explain open source and you can add sd cards and the batteries are interchangeable and apple sux

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

roboshit posted:

has anyone itt ever seen an apple user sperg out on an android user the way android users sperg out whenever they see someone using an iphone? they always have to stop stuffing their fat greasy human being faces with their second taco bell dinner to explain open source and you can add sd cards and the batteries are interchangeable and apple sux

crapple

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

roboshit posted:

To be honest SD cards and interchangeable batteries are pretty good.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

MondayHotDog posted:

To be honest SD cards and interchangeable batteries are pretty good.

yes but not at the expense of a functioning phone

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

jackyl posted:

But what about a phone that won't break when you breathe on it the wrong way?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

troubled teen posted:

But what about a phone that won't break when you breathe on it the wrong way?

idk mines never broke, my wife dropped hers and the screen broke so she got it replaced at the apple store, no big deal?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

roboshit posted:

lmao it's like a when a angry nerd gets a meltdown over the movie not being like the book and wants to convert you.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

etalian posted:

lmao it's like a when a angry nerd gets a meltdown over the movie not being like the book and wants to convert you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaxU0ut5tUw

Literally the only thing that android users ever link when someone mentions the iphone

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

SaltLick posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaxU0ut5tUw

Literally the only thing that android users ever link when someone mentions the iphone

I don't care.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

someone link the .gif of the guy dropping the first iphone 6 bought in the world and breaking it on national television

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

jackyl posted:

Then maybe Apple should make an iPhone with an SD card slot and removable battery.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Lagrange
Apr 27, 2002

Borneo Jimmy posted:

Have apple users ever heard of phone cases?

I don't care what phone you have, but why would you cover a $500 piece of carefully and expensively designed tech with a $10 case from Best Buy?

Just don't treat the thing like a loving Frisbee or a wallet and you'll be fine.

Buddha.
Sep 24, 2007

"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."
College Slice
OK *boops phone screen, *slices fruit

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Lagrange posted:

I don't care what phone you have, but why would you cover a $500 piece of carefully and expensively designed tech with a $10 case from Best Buy?

Just don't treat the thing like a loving Frisbee or a wallet and you'll be fine.

got some bad news for u

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
apples are for grown ups, and android is gay robot nerd poo poo for faggots who poop in their diapers they bought with disability money. Hahahaha i care about phones bitch! one way or the other! I'm a grown man! I'm a big boy!

texasmed
May 27, 2004
never had a single problem with iphone hardware, and i've had the 3g, 4 (yeah the antenna worked loving great android nerds), and 5.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
crapple

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe

Ruddha posted:

apples are for grown ups

Lagrange
Apr 27, 2002

got some bad news for u

u just blew my mind

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

got some bad news for u

4 dongs as they become erect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I have a Nexus 5, a Nexus 7 and use Windows, but I recommend the poo poo out of Apple products if people ask my opinion. I usually expect their stuff to be high quality and easy to use, but mostly I just like being able to avoid getting roped into tech support for friends and family.

That said, LOL if you bought a loving smartwatch (including the Android ones and Pebble). Enjoy being branded a hopeless nerd and/or consumerist gadget whore.

• Locked thread