Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Ravel posted:

I once rolled a keg into Highbury and everybody cheered

That doesn't sound likely, tbh

Cheering is not the done thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

lmao at u coming back

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

loool

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

yes

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Spangly A posted:

because he's a club captain below 25,

i may be late but loling at this

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

TelekineticBear! posted:

i may be late but loling at this

well he was, time is a concept I resent greatly.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Spangly A posted:

well he was, time is a concept I resent greatly.

Welcome to trp Jonathan Pearce

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Himuro posted:

someone explain why liverpool did 25 million for lallana

because a few years ago he would have been a £15m player and you can't quite get your head round the concept of inflation?

Strawman fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 26, 2014

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

lallana is an old man

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Strawman posted:

because a few years ago he would have been a £15 player and you can't quite get your head round the concept of inflation?

Think how much he would have cost if he'd gone to the World Cup.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Lallana is a poor mans fabian delph

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

TelekineticBear! posted:

lallana is an old man

I was only a year out :(

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Mike Ashley told reporters that Pardew will be sacked if they lose against Stoke tomorrow, however his lawyers later instructed the reporters that it was a joke so I guess Pardew will see his 900 year contract through.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

TelekineticBear! posted:

Lallana is a poor mans fabian delph

This. Ooh the captain of "southampton" lmao

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

euroboy posted:

Mike Ashley told reporters that Pardew will be sacked if they lose against Stoke tomorrow, however his lawyers later instructed the reporters that it was a joke so I guess Pardew will see his 900 year contract through.

lol

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Serious question - is it still really necessary? I know there used to be lots of problems with firms and what not (actually read a great book about it - Among the Thugs by Bill Buford) but was under the impression that has mellowed out a lot. Is there ever a chance this gets done away with or is it more or less permanently ingrained in English football culture at this point?

No it's definitely not necessary these days. Firms are definitely still a thing, but policing in and around stadiums has improved so much, and the number of CCTV has increased, so that there's rarely trouble in or near any of the big grounds. Firms tend to arrange meets in town centres or outskirts of, and the vast majority of the time the police stop anything before it happens. Banning drinking does nothing but annoy those who fancy a few beers while watching their team get thrashed by, idk, leicester foxes fc.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I always assumed Greg was taller

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

“He’s got one more game,” Ashley said. “If we lose against Stoke on Monday night then he’s gone. I have had enough.”

Making a throat-cutting gesture, Ashley added: “Dead. Finished. Over. One more game then that’s it. What would you do? I have spent a lot of money on that club, it’s cost me a lot. I won’t put up with it any more. Honestly, answer me, what would you do? One more loss and he’s gone, he’s over, finished.”

Ashley was speaking outside The Golden Lion pub in London’s Soho district on Thursday night where he was having a drink with a friend.

When asked if he had informed Pardew about his decision or lined up any replacements, the billionaire said: “That’s all I’m prepared to say about it and now that I’ve said it, it’s out there. You can do what you want with it. There’s only so much I can take.”

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Lmao. Nice meltdown.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

drinking in stadiums is always a bad idea because it means you constantly need a piss.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Serious question - is it still really necessary? I know there used to be lots of problems with firms and what not (actually read a great book about it - Among the Thugs by Bill Buford) but was under the impression that has mellowed out a lot. Is there ever a chance this gets done away with or is it more or less permanently ingrained in English football culture at this point?

Well there was a gathering of skinheads at a recent Swansea match.

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

Blinkz0rz posted:

lmao at u coming back

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bovril Delight posted:

“He’s got one more game,” Ashley said. “If we lose against Stoke on Monday night then he’s gone. I have had enough.”

Making a throat-cutting gesture, Ashley added: “Dead. Finished. Over. One more game then that’s it. What would you do? I have spent a lot of money on that club, it’s cost me a lot. I won’t put up with it any more. Honestly, answer me, what would you do? One more loss and he’s gone, he’s over, finished.”

Ashley was speaking outside The Golden Lion pub in London’s Soho district on Thursday night where he was having a drink with a friend.

When asked if he had informed Pardew about his decision or lined up any replacements, the billionaire said: “That’s all I’m prepared to say about it and now that I’ve said it, it’s out there. You can do what you want with it. There’s only so much I can take.”

This actually does sound tongue in cheek, tbf.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Little late but well loving played.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

Lol

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Pat Mustard posted:

lol

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Pat Mustard posted:

Hell yeah

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Bovril Delight posted:

For Pards to say this was Ashley's funny way of being supportive. They have such a weird relationship; I'm sure they absolutely despise each other now.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

QPR manager Harry Redknapp has called on the football authorities to consider following their rugby counterparts by allowing temporary substitutions to improve the treatment of concussion.

Redknapp was frustrated after medics withdrew Sandro just 11 minutes into Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Southampton following a heavy blow to his head.
According to Redknapp, the midfielder seemed to have recovered by half-time.

Redknapp said short-term replacements was an idea "worth looking at".

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Course he'll need a bit more squad depth to deal with the extra substitutions, just one or two top players but that's all in the chairman's hands now, you'll have to ask Tony about that

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
"No, honestly, ref, it's my head that's hurting, not my knee. I know it was my knee that was kicked, but it's my head that really hurts from the landing. I think I'm concussed. Yeah, send on a temporary sub, I'm sure I'll be okay to play again by the 90th minute."

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Its very funny to me that Liverpool are so far down the table and their best defence is to say 'ah but man u have played worse teams' when Aston villa and west ham have beaten them

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Harry's also indirectly addressing the issue of managers with head injuries.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Burqa King posted:

Its very funny to me that Liverpool are so far down the table and their best defence is to say 'ah but man u have played worse teams' when Aston villa and west ham have beaten them

What's super cool is that Louis van Gaal has bought players and all of them have been fully sick and Brendan Rodgers has bought players and they've all been hot sick

I'm much happier it being that way around, I find

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Burqa King posted:

It's a funny old game.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

FullLeatherJacket posted:

What's super cool is that Louis van Gaal has bought players and all of them have been fully sick

angel di maria looks alright

but

falcao - hasnt scored
rojo - looks like an urchin from a unicef ad, has less defensive positioning than marcelo
herrera - crocked
shaw - 'isnt fit'
daley blind - got overwhelmed by a 35 year old esteban cambiasso

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
How long out of UCL would it take for most international United fans to jump ship?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Eau de MacGowan posted:

angel di maria looks alright

but

falcao - hasnt scored
rojo - looks like an urchin from a unicef ad, has less defensive positioning than marcelo
herrera - crocked
shaw - 'isnt fit'
daley blind - got overwhelmed by a 35 year old esteban cambiasso

Actually all of these players are cool and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
This makes me think that I don't want FLJ to be happy, which is a shame.

I do hope the team starts looking more fluent soon. Right now, the side looks a lot like it did when Rodgers had just started.

It would probably be more entertaining for other fans to see this run of crap continue as the blame game for the bad recent results is already having fans going at each other on sites like Rawk.

• Locked thread