Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Hyrule Warriors is good about this though. Each character has a gimmick and you've got moves that have different advantages and disadvantages or confer different benefits or whatever. Even the weak point system means you'll (sometimes, some characters have a wonder-combo) use different moves for smashing weak points than you would for crowd clearing than you would for damaging officers without their weak points. Enemies are significantly more aggressive (they need to be since the weak point system requires them to attack) and enemies taking camps or even your base is far more likely.

That sounds excellent. I haven't played HW yet so I might pick it up today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
I bought a Wii U in preparation for Smash Bros, mainly, but since HW just came out I grabbed that as well. It wasn't at the top of my list or anything but I got the OOT skins so that's cool

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Excels posted:

I bought a Wii U in preparation for Smash Bros, mainly, but since HW just came out I grabbed that as well. It wasn't at the top of my list or anything but I got the OOT skins so that's cool

Now you just need to pick up Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

bayonetta 2 yes, W101 mmmmm not sure i want it. i've heard the praise and i've seen gameplay, still kinda ehhh

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

What's throwing you off? It's drawing the unite morphs isn't it? Nobody likes drawing. :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Excels posted:

bayonetta 2 yes, W101 mmmmm not sure i want it. i've heard the praise and i've seen gameplay, still kinda ehhh

It's like five bucks now dude. What have you got to lose

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Looper posted:

It's like five bucks now dude. What have you got to lose

Where can you get it for 5 bux

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Please post link to $5 deal for W101

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Nintendo is doomed to create mobile games for Windows Phone. Discuss.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

hosed up if true

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Considering The Wonderful 101 is, on average, approximately four to five times better than the average video game, the curious will find its general market price of ~twenty American dollars to be not only equivalent to its moral price of $5, but also A Bargain's Bargain (ABB), thank you and goodnight

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Golden Goat posted:

You said Dynasty Warriors was less accessible then Hyrule Warriors. Wonderful 101 is definitely not for you. Neither is Bayonetta 2 I suppose.

How the gently caress is a game about Chinese warriors from millennia ago MORE accessible than a game about video game characters?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

How the gently caress is a game about Chinese warriors from millennia ago MORE accessible than a game about video game characters?

I was talking about the gameplay.

E: Sorry I was pointing out that if you make that comparison at all then no you most likely will not enjoy W101 or Bayonetta 2.

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Oct 2, 2014

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Golden Goat posted:

What's throwing you off? It's drawing the unite morphs isn't it? Nobody likes drawing. :(
Well I can't speak for him obviously, but in my case, it's the entirety of the setting and art style that's just not even the slightest bit appealing. I just don't like the whole super sentai aesthetic. For instance, as another example, while I generally enjoyed the Phoenix Wright games, I always liked the cases about the Steel Samurai the least :shrug: (Well, except for Oldbag, of course, who is obviously awesome wherever she appears :allears:)

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

PrBacterio posted:

Well I can't speak for him obviously, but in my case, it's the entirety of the setting and art style that's just not even the slightest bit appealing. I just don't like the whole super sentai aesthetic. For instance, as another example, while I generally enjoyed the Phoenix Wright games, I always liked the cases about the Steel Samurai the least :shrug: (Well, except for Oldbag, of course, who is obviously awesome wherever she appears :allears:)

That's a totally fair point to not get W101.

Now how do you feel about hair suit women with guns?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Okay, everyone who wants me to buy W101 of Bayonetta because I think Hyrule warriors looks good seems to think that because you beat dudes in HW, and you beat dudes in W101 and Bayonetta, they're the same.

In DW/HW, you press butan and 30 people die and their corpses fly everywhere and knock other people down.

In W101 and Bayonetta you actually have have to know what button to press and when to press them of the game will kick your rear end.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Also in DW when they give orders like "go defend the cheese storage", I'm like "Is that my or some other dude's name?" because there are like 80 characters and I'm apparently super bad with Chinese names. But in HW when they say that "Impa, you must go and kill all the dudes at the east gate", I'm like "Oh, that video game character that isn't based on a real person, that name I know"

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Wheany posted:

I know, right?!

I've watched Chip Cheesum's LP and nah.

If you've ever watched an LP you don't deserve to game

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Trash Ops posted:

If you've ever watched an LP you don't deserve to game

there have been a couple good LPs, i prefer screenshot humor LPs with captions though, because i usually hate LP voices.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wheany posted:

Also in DW when they give orders like "go defend the cheese storage", I'm like "Is that my or some other dude's name?" because there are like 80 characters and I'm apparently super bad with Chinese names. But in HW when they say that "Impa, you must go and kill all the dudes at the east gate", I'm like "Oh, that video game character that isn't based on a real person, that name I know"
maybe you could just... learn the names? 'The dude I'm playing as is named Xiahou Dun. Oh, they mentioned Xiahou Yuan. That isn't the guy im playing as'

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Endorph posted:

maybe you could just... learn the names? 'The dude I'm playing as is named Xiahou Dun. Oh, they mentioned Xiahou Yuan. That isn't the guy im playing as'

It's so obvious now, why didn't I think of that!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I tried to find you some sales charts like requested but all I could find is this exclusive screenshot from Mario Kart 8

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/09/27/will-bayonetta-2s-weak-sales-prevent-nintendo-from.aspx

Looks good Nintendo, can't wait to play it!

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

link is still cool.

boobs still look dumb.

game still looks fuckin sweet

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
hey nintendo heres an idea for you for free

stop making consoles and just sell your games on every other actually good platform and keep some stuff for your handhelds

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wheany posted:

It's so obvious now, why didn't I think of that!
yeah idk why you didnt either

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Anyone who doesn't like W101 is a loving retard and needs to be banned.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
"Awww man, a brawler with unique mechanics that plays fantastically with insane boss fights (even by Platinum standards) and awesome music and writing? That doesn't sound like my thing."

Austrian mook fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 3, 2014

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Austrian mook posted:

Anyone who doesn't like W101 is a loving retard and needs to be banned.

Same, except every game I like.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

CrashCat posted:

I tried to find you some sales charts like requested but all I could find is this exclusive screenshot from Mario Kart 8

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/09/27/will-bayonetta-2s-weak-sales-prevent-nintendo-from.aspx

Looks good Nintendo, can't wait to play it!

i'm samus's anime titties

this trend of nintendo soaking everything in anime is something i can get behind

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Wheany posted:

He's right though

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Wheany posted:

Why not try W101. Chip's LP of it gives a bunch of tips making the game really easy.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Looper posted:

He's right though

So am I

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

oh my

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

hey nintendo heres an idea for you for free

stop making consoles and just sell your games on every other actually good platform and keep some stuff for your handhelds

On what, the Xbox One?

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Wheany posted:

In DW/HW, you press butan and 30 people die and their corpses fly everywhere and knock other people down.

In W101 and Bayonetta you actually have have to know what button to press and when to press them of the game will kick your rear end.

So you only like games for retarded people. You might also have a blast playing with a light switch and they are much cheaper than video games.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
It's cool man, you don't like the greatest game ever made, it's cool, you're cool, it's cool.....

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

We live in a weird world when the WiiU mock thread turns around to talk about how awesome the system is, and the Xbone general discussion thread is only kept going by marveling at Microsoft's endless string of bad decisions. WiiU truly is the best console of the generation.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

whaley posted:

So you only like games for retarded people.

Yes, I like videogames.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Endorph posted:

Yeah, they might as well be video game characters for how well known Romance of the Three Kingdoms is here. I don't get the complaints at all.

I agree that in general Warriors games are bad and lazy, hasn't stopped me from playing hundreds of hours of them on the PS2 and 360. Soon on the Wii U as well. (Just noticed my phone auto corrects Wii to Wei.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Atoramos posted:

We live in a weird world when the WiiU mock thread turns around to talk about how awesome the system is, and the Xbone general discussion thread is only kept going by marveling at Microsoft's endless string of bad decisions. WiiU truly is the best console of the generation.
i think you're conflating system and games, nobody is talking about how much they love the gamepad and staring at that little screen for hours on end, or playing new games with the same lovely old wiimote, or collecting a hoard of NFC video game figurines

it just happens voice commands and the Kafkaesque policies of Microsoft are even worse

• Locked thread