Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Neo Duckberg posted:

The TCC mod whateverhisnamewas.

My nigga have you tried LSD?

its funny how mad he still is about all that

and also how you coudl tell he had a drug problem from his borderline posts in other forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Was there drama around Gendo disappearing?

I vaguely remember someone saying he was heavily creeping on some goonette and nude pics were involved.

Wonder what kind of abhorrent poo poo fragmaster was into.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

vyst posted:

I demand to see these buttery nudes.

They are lost to the fondue pot of time, but here, have this: :nws: http://tindeck.com/dl/ypie :nws:

It got so much traction because Wilkins made a big deal about how he was an old-school "gentleman" and a feminist (tips fedora to m'lady) and then when this recording got out -- and if I remember right, it wasn't even on purpose, that rear end in a top hat RiffleRaffle tricked Wilkins' girlfriend into giving the link -- this was MW's immediate response.

quote:

I made those for my ex, Anaphora, because she wanted them. My mistake. Who would have known she was going to distribute them?

Just like she would NEVER have figured that I'd distribute these nudes of her:

http://wilkinsradio.net/anaphora/

And she sure wouldn't expect me to share them with her parents!

Better delete the thread if you're going to close it, because she REALLY doesn't want her parents to find out all the poo poo she's been doing while lying to them the whole time. Daddy's a minister, you see. It'll look really bad to him.

Wilkins sticks in my memory because he pm'd me out of the blue a few times. He lived in the same state I do and apparently made it his mission in life to hit on every verified female goon within state lines.

Hell hath no fury like a white knight scorned, I guess

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Ralp posted:

No spoilers but I've got something pretty freaking epic planned for mine.

after the sheer amount of trash you've no doubt seen throughout the forums, i would expect nothing less. the bar is awfully high though

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

bonestructure posted:

They are lost to the fondue pot of time, but here, have this: :nws: http://tindeck.com/dl/ypie :nws:

It got so much traction because Wilkins made a big deal about how he was an old-school "gentleman" and a feminist (tips fedora to m'lady) and then when this recording got out -- and if I remember right, it wasn't even on purpose, that rear end in a top hat RiffleRaffle tricked Wilkins' girlfriend into giving the link -- this was MW's immediate response.

Wilkins sticks in my memory because he pm'd me out of the blue a few times. He lived in the same state I do and apparently made it his mission in life to hit on every verified female goon within state lines.

Wait you're a girl??? Are you in the western hemisphere?

If so, sup babe

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
Make me mod.

I promise to never do any work and every time I get a report I'll dramatically roll my eyes and sigh so that everyone can hear.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

D1Sergo posted:

Make me mod.

I promise to never do any work and to dramatically roll my eyes and sigh so that everyone can hear every time I get a report.

You have my vote

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

VideoGames posted:

i pick redshirts current spastic probation spree and defending of known pedofile AAtrek.

goons, chime in with your own

lol what a loving pathetic loser

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
ill be your mod, spread them butt cheeks

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Professor Shark posted:

lol what a loving pathetic loser

Trek avatar spotted, you pedo.

hows it going aatrek?

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Neo Duckberg posted:

The TCC mod whateverhisnamewas.

My nigga have you tried LSD?

Hondarider and everybody go read that thread again this minute because lmao

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Hondarider and everybody go read that thread again this minute because lmao

Rehab is such a loving joke I can't even mention it without the disclaimer that it's really not going to work at all. I know it's probably a lovely thing to say since for many people it is a last resort before death, but if anything will drive you to drug use it is rehab.

those are some wise words from Hondarider.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
TCC is a meltdown goldmine.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Tsinava posted:

TCC is a meltdown goldmine.

Yeah that one jewish guy melted down inside his car

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
The phenazepam thread was truly something to behold, especially as it happened. Some goon who sells phenazepam to other goons is found dead on a park bench, and people were still posting stuff like "I hope my order comes in...".

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ralp posted:

No spoilers but I've got something pretty freaking epic planned for mine.

Ebola meltdown?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 231 days!)

puchu posted:

who remembers mccaine that was another interesting character

All I can remember is him posting his pubes everywhere and anywhere. He was a combination of :dominic: and :smuggo: to the extreme. I don't even remember how long he was a mod, but he was probably the most annoying shithead on the planet.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bonestructure posted:

what's really funny about this whole thing is that Wilkins got his forums cred from posting long stories about his previous drama-filled relationships, some of which ended up on the front page (the stories, not the relationships)

live by the drama, die by the drama

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Viggen posted:

All I can remember is him posting his pubes everywhere and anywhere. He was a combination of :dominic: and :smuggo: to the extreme. I don't even remember how long he was a mod, but he was probably the most annoying shithead on the planet.

What is :dominic:?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jeffrey posted:

fyad poster Dominic, who I think has been gone from the forums for years and years

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Jeffrey posted:

Dominic, for who the smiley is named, was the forums first semi-annoying gay guy. Like Three Olives, he'd have to inject how he likes sex WITH MEN into virtually any thread. Nobody really seemed to care, but it was enough of a derail that he got banned for it a couple times.

I have no idea if the new 'Dominic' is the same guy (hasn't posted for 2 years), but he referred Dominic 2.0, who is permabanned. :shrug: He was never a mod.

--

Oh, and Boniface was amusing. The IK of Helldump, who hung it up and ran off when caught textfucking some random SA female goonette by his wife (or so the story goes).

---/non_mod derail---

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
man, between McCaine, Three Olives, Dominic, and I think some other dude, openly gay people have not had a good run on the forums

then again the same can be said of openly straight guys too, what with Aatrek and Wilkins and many, many others

goons and sex are a ban combination

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

to be fair though LSD is about as likely to cure a downward-spiraling junkie of heroin addiction as anything

its not like "stop taking heroin" was going to work

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
In another thread, Ralp mentioned a couple of names that had been pm'd to him as good mod candidates for GBS with the reasoning that "they post a lot in GBS." To my mind that's more of a red flag than a recommendation, because it seems like the people who are most emotionally invested in the forums, to the extent that SA is a large part or even the entirety of their social life and interaction with other humans, make really terrible mods. If someone is the kind of already unstable, socially-inept person that makes posting on an internet forum their whole world and their identity and then they're given a certain amount of extra power in that world, it's a safe bet that sooner or later a trainwreck is going to ensue. They're too needy and take what's essentially a fun, silly pastime way too seriously. Then you get poo poo like Mayor Wilkins grooming emotionally damaged women from E\N to come live with him or Aatrek and his kiddy-fiddling past or SilverSliver completely flipping out the minute fyad made fun of her or redshirt melting down as soon as it looks like someone is questioning his authoritah in front of his GBS pals. Don't mod anyone who takes themselves and SA too seriously.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

gggiiimmmppp posted:

to be fair though LSD is about as likely to cure a downward-spiraling junkie of heroin addiction as anything

tell us more about the wonders of the LSD Cure, TCC poster gggiiimmmppp

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Viggen posted:

Oh, and Boniface was amusing. The IK of Helldump, who hung it up and ran off when caught textfucking some random SA female goonette by his wife (or so the story goes).

Did you read the long rear end article boniface unironically wrote about his posting career? I didn't read much of it but it seemed pretty embarassing. He is now a gawker writer or something. http://gawker.com/5987590/let-me-introduce-myself-farewell-to-mobutu-sese-seko

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

goons and sex are a ban combination

The thing is, nobody really gives a poo poo and just takes it as read, but MUST VILIFY THE NORMS WHILE BEING SMUG ABOUT MY SEXUALITY does tend to rub people wrong after a few hundred reads.

I wonder who is going to go for your bait by mentioning homos and pedos in the same post. :allears:

Jeffrey posted:

Did you read the long rear end article boniface unironically wrote about his posting career?

No. I just started to read it and my eyes glazed over. So I started hitting pagedown and looking for highlights. Ugh. Ugh.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 13, 2014

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

I'm waiting for the MENSA retard's meltdown.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jeffrey posted:

Did you read the long rear end article boniface unironically wrote about his posting career? I didn't read much of it but it seemed pretty embarassing. He is now a gawker writer or something. http://gawker.com/5987590/let-me-introduce-myself-farewell-to-mobutu-sese-seko

gawker and boniface deserve each other tbh

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Jeffrey posted:

It's p awkward to read but I think that's the point, he's still a good funny dude imo

bonestructure posted:

In another thread, Ralp mentioned a couple of names that had been pm'd to him as good mod candidates for GBS with the reasoning that "they post a lot in GBS." To my mind that's more of a red flag than a recommendation, because it seems like the people who are most emotionally invested in the forums, to the extent that SA is a large part or even the entirety of their social life and interaction with other humans, make really terrible mods. If someone is the kind of already unstable, socially-inept person that makes posting on an internet forum their whole world and their identity and then they're given a certain amount of extra power in that world, it's a safe bet that sooner or later a trainwreck is going to ensue. They're too needy and take what's essentially a fun, silly pastime way too seriously. Then you get poo poo like Mayor Wilkins grooming emotionally damaged women from E\N to come live with him or Aatrek and his kiddy-fiddling past or SilverSliver completely flipping out the minute fyad made fun of her or redshirt melting down as soon as it looks like someone is questioning his authoritah in front of his GBS pals. Don't mod anyone who takes themselves and SA too seriously.

lol who did this1

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

It's p awkward to read but I think that's the point, he's still a good funny dude imo

he was funny yeah but holy poo poo how far up the festering rear end in a top hat of internet drama do you have to be to write a tell-all about it and expect anyone who isn't equally far up said rear end in a top hat to take you seriously on any level whatsoever

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

gggiiimmmppp posted:

Yeah I mean he was just saying stuff like rehab and 12 step programs have terrible success rates and that is pretty true. I always thought that meltdown was another good example of a subset of posters causing forum drama for the sake of forum drama. Iirc the people complaining didn't even post in tcc and sure as poo poo didn't actually care about the welfare of tcc posters as seen by the repeated jokes over that guy who died in his car.

Some goons really like pretending to be morally outraged to get mods or other posters in trouble and I dunno why the admins keep falling for that gimmick when the same posters turn around and make jokes about the very same things they were pretending was such an outrage.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

he was funny yeah but holy poo poo how far up the festering rear end in a top hat of internet drama do you have to be to write a tell-all about it and expect anyone who isn't equally far up said rear end in a top hat to take you seriously on any level whatsoever

It was several pages of "Why I pretended to be a black dictator", and then seeing him reference some white power/hitler youth stuff, uh... Yeah. Ok. Go away now. *clears browser history*

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I'm willing to give a pass for being melodramatic about internet bullshit when said internet bullshit extends to doxxing and irl stalking stuff but yeah, that article's more painful than I remembered

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah I mean he was just saying stuff like rehab and 12 step programs have terrible success rates and that is pretty true. I always thought that meltdown was another good example of a subset of posters causing forum drama for the sake of forum drama. Iirc the people complaining didn't even post in tcc and sure as poo poo didn't actually care about the welfare of tcc posters as seen by the repeated jokes over that guy who died in his car.

Some goons really like pretending to be morally outraged to get mods or other posters in trouble and I dunno why the admins keep falling for that gimmick when the same posters turn around and make jokes about the very same things they were pretending was such an outrage.
Finding something wrong with telling a dying girl to just die, in the forum you've run herd on that has a literal thread for heroin users to discuss using heroin, ie the reason that girl is dying, is just forums bullies making up drama in order to spite mods yeah okay guy

Tubgirl Cosplay fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 13, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ArbitraryC posted:

do some lsd about it

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

How does one become a mod on internet forum something awful dot com, I'm pretty sure I qualify :toot:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

No More Heroes posted:

How does one become a mod on internet forum something awful dot com, I'm pretty sure I qualify :toot:

send a resume to lowtax's home address

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

ibogaine is a better anti-addiction drug anyway http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibogaine#Treatment_for_various_addictions

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ratjaculation posted:

send a resume to lowtax's home address

& cover resume in a random white powdery substance. That way Lowtax can never be sure if it's baby powder, cocaine, or anthrax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

tell us more about the wonders of the LSD Cure, TCC poster gggiiimmmppp

all im saying is its no worse advice in practice than "gargle unicorn cum" for someone on the internet who's just going to ignore you and keep taking heroin and probably die

• Locked thread