Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canepazzo
May 29, 2006

No idea why Siena is there, tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
that list is the biggest crock of shite i've ever seen

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Slaapaav posted:

wow juve has a lot of debt

Probably paying off the stadium, no?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

canepazzo posted:

This is what happens when you get economists to assess football. See also: soccernomics

Vexin
Jan 13, 2014

canepazzo posted:

MPS propagandists?

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

canepazzo posted:

Standard & Poor's put up a "ranking" of European teams by their financial turnover, outlook and debt. Unsurprisingly the "best" italian team is 14th, surprising is what team it is:

Dots should be capital, solvency and liquidity, green to red, and the numbers (in $ millions) are turnover and debt.

Looks like Millwall's time is coming

canepazzo posted:

Are they publically traded? I know Millwall are so that might be it, there's no reason for them to be on that list otherwise.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Siena going bankrupt probably helped them out in this respect given that their operating costs at this point are a bottle of chianti and a filetto di manzo. Percentage wise Im sure they're doing great.

Plus:

Vexin posted:

MPS propagandists?

Vexin
Jan 13, 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

Siena going bankrupt probably helped them out in this respect given that their operating costs at this point are a bottle of chianti and a filetto di manzo. Percentage wise Im sure they're doing great.

Siena is a city where €250,000+ in salaries and bribes for one 90 second horse race is considered an acceptable expenditure (especially if one's rival contrada can be humiliated) so I guess it shouldn't be all that surprising that the local calcio squad was not as carefully managed from a financial standpoint as it could have been. It will be interesting to see how the new, more austere approach ends up working in the long term.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Siena is a nice city and all but I always suggest people to move their savings and accounts away from Mps. Even in a country where managing banks terribly is a tradition, Mps is a special case.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

May I suggest Banca Popolare di Vicenza :smuggo:

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

May I suggest the Bank of CONCACAF

3peat
May 6, 2010

io preferisco banca intesa, they make my favorite deodorant

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Also, Barcelona and Real are not there because of the "difficulty in finding some documentation".

Translation, their turnover and debt chart would look like this:

|------turnover-----|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------debt------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

and it would mess up the chart for the other teams.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

canepazzo posted:

Standard & Poor's put up a "ranking" of European teams by their financial turnover, outlook and debt. Unsurprisingly the "best" italian team is 14th, surprising is what team it is:

Dots should be capital, solvency and liquidity, green to red, and the numbers (in $ millions) are turnover and debt.

Valencia, Benfica and Sporting jesus christ :eyepop:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Fiorentina news. New medical staff members were hired (thank Christ). Fiorentina also is not any closer to renewing Aquaman, so he might move to Inter in Jan. Also, Napoli are gonna try to switch Venetia out and put in Montell. His replacement would be Eusbio Di Francesco. That is super likely I think due to Montellas roots and the money they'd throw at us for him.

No idea about Di Francesco, and how he is.

The stadium is rumored to bring in 10-15m Euro a year additionally which would be great! Especially since they have zero debt.

And the real kicker! Rumors of replacing Inters Mazzeratti with none other than David loving Moyes!

Soulex fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Oct 11, 2014

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Soulex posted:

Fiorentina news. New medical staff members were hired (thank Christ). Fiorentina also is not any closer to renewing Aquaman, so he might move to Inter in Jan. Also, Napoli are gonna try to switch Venetia out and put in Montell. His replacement would be Eusbio Di Francesco. That is super likely I think due to Montellas roots and the money they'd throw at us for him.

No idea about Di Francesco, and how he is.

The stadium is rumored to bring in 10-15m Euro a year additionally which would be great! Especially since they have zero debt.

And the real kicker! Rumors of replacing Inters Mazzeratti with none other than David loving Moyes!

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Soulex posted:

might as well stick with bottle chewer for the rest of the season then - and this is coming from one of his biggest detractors.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Eusebio Di Francesco is Sassuolo's manager and is cool and good. I don't know if he's as good as Montella, but he got Sassuolo to the top flight and kept them there.

I also think they may have been teammates at Roma, though I'm not positive.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

gently caress man. First gently caress off point for me in the season is realizing the next game, Viola vs Lazio, is at 330 in the loving morning.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Soulex posted:

gently caress man. First gently caress off point for me in the season is realizing the next game, Viola vs Lazio, is at 330 in the loving morning.

I've been on the west coast all weekend, it's been pretty beautiful. But yeah, thinking about moving to the West Coast time zone is pretty daunting for Serie A watching reasons.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Big Stroot is back in training with Roma and should be available in a few weeks time. I'm excited to see him return, I wonder who's spot he'll be in competition for.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Italy will play Albania next break. That should be interesting.

Also Juventus is looking at Neto as a replacement for Buffon. :colbert:

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I'm not the only one who's really happy for Pelle am I?

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

treizebee posted:

I'm not the only one who's really happy for Pelle am I?

Super pumped. My brother put tabs on him ages ago, he's now throwing it in everyone's face.

The question is do I try to sign him in Football Manager 2014? He won't come to Portland though I'd bet.... (random team start)

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I occasionally watch the Eredivise and first took note of him in AZ then got myself excited when he came back for Feyenoord (50 some goals in just as many apps!).

It's a cool feeling to follow a shunned player who, in the ending stages of their career, finally becomes a national star. :allears:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

treizebee posted:

I occasionally watch the Eredivise and first took note of him in AZ then got myself excited when he came back for Feyenoord (50 some goals in just as many apps!).

It's a cool feeling to follow a shunned player who, in the ending stages of their career, finally becomes a national star. :allears:

He could be the next Luca Toni!

I thought maybe he would be good but he came back and played for Parma, and was poo poo (though he didn't get much game time) and after the Jozy debacle in the Premier I was less than hopeful for a prolific striker in the Dutch League to keep it up in the PL. I'm definitely surprised, and happy for him as well. I hope he maintains this form.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Soulex posted:

Also Juventus is looking at Neto as a replacement for Buffon. :colbert:

lol if you believe this, I expect us to be buying Perin within the next couple years, and then prolly Scuffet just for giggles.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Don't forget about Leali, that rumor is weird as hell.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

It is a weird one, but I am willing to believe anything now.

Except that.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Some interesting stadium proposals were made in to law today in Italy:

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/15-10-2014/stadi-decreto-approvato-anche-senato-ora-legge-90752158915.shtml

Basic summary:

1) DASPO laws have been expanded, to the point where a single offense can get you a three year ban and multiple offenses can result in 5 to 8 year bans and mandatory probation visits to the police like if you committed a regular old crime.

2) Transfer bans and closed away sections can now be doled out as punishments for violence in the stands, and even extending to racist or discriminatory chants. That last bit is gonna end up with Napoli playing to home support only crowds for the rest of eternity.

3) Sporting fraud is now punishable by up to 9 years in prison, and investigations are now allowed to use wiretapping in certain cases, as well as monitoring the activities of people arrested for this while they are in prison, which is pretty much unheard of in Italy.

4) Teams are now obligated to pay a 1-3% tax on gate profits to pay for extra policing measures during games. The police will now also be able to carry tasers on a "testing" basis in some stadiums. I can't wait to see the fallout the first time that one is used.

All in all I think these are probably good things except for the taser bit which will definitely result in a riot. The question is how often these punishments will be given out.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Three years for one offense is a bit much don't you think?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

Three years for one offense is a bit much don't you think?

It's all "up to" so unless it's egregious then i doubt anyone actually gets it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

It's all "up to" so unless it's egregious then i doubt anyone actually gets it.

I was about to say, that's pretty outstanding.

I'm not sure if they already have to do this, but I know that some people have to check in to a police station so and so many minutes before the game starts and at halftime.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Some interesting stadium proposals were made in to law today in Italy:

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/15-10-2014/stadi-decreto-approvato-anche-senato-ora-legge-90752158915.shtml

Basic summary:

1) DASPO laws have been expanded, to the point where a single offense can get you a three year ban and multiple offenses can result in 5 to 8 year bans and mandatory probation visits to the police like if you committed a regular old crime.

2) Transfer bans and closed away sections can now be doled out as punishments for violence in the stands, and even extending to racist or discriminatory chants. That last bit is gonna end up with Napoli playing to home support only crowds for the rest of eternity.

3) Sporting fraud is now punishable by up to 9 years in prison, and investigations are now allowed to use wiretapping in certain cases, as well as monitoring the activities of people arrested for this while they are in prison, which is pretty much unheard of in Italy.

4) Teams are now obligated to pay a 1-3% tax on gate profits to pay for extra policing measures during games. The police will now also be able to carry tasers on a "testing" basis in some stadiums. I can't wait to see the fallout the first time that one is used.

All in all I think these are probably good things except for the taser bit which will definitely result in a riot. The question is how often these punishments will be given out.

Sounds nice but will this actually be enforced?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

dkj posted:

Sounds nice but will this actually be enforced?

DASPO bans have been enforced for individuals on a regular basis. Last year the league banned certain sections of the stadium and even played games behind closed doors for discriminatory and racist chanting, so I can see them enforcing things a little more heavy. We'll see.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Remember a couple weeks ago, when it was rumored that New York attorney (currently facing multiple lawsuits for fraud and defamation) Joe Tacopina/Montreal cheese baron (with possible ties to the Mafia) Joey Saputo were looking to buy Bologna?

Well, it's true, it's drat true.

Football Italia posted:

Joe Tacopina is officially the new President of Bologna and promised to build a new stadium worth €60m.

The American lawyer was appointed this evening with counsellors Luca Bergamini and Piergiorgio Bottai.

The Serie B club is now owned by an American conglomerate, including Montreal Impact owner Joey Saputo.

“We have the support of the Mayor and the city, so will try to push through the stadium plans as soon as possible, because we want to give Bologna a splendid home for its football,” Tacopina told the Corriere di Bologna.

“I can imagine it will cost around €60m. When Roberto Baggio was here, Bologna had 30,000 season tickets, but there is still the same passion and enthusiasm now.

But...it might not go through, because one of those lawsuits he's involved in is claiming he's laundering money away from fraudulent businesses he's involved in to buy Bologna, and as such is trying to get those assets frozen.

New York Daily News posted:

Tim Parlatore, a New York attorney who represents a plaintiff identified as "Jane Doe" in a lawsuit filed on Wednesday in Manhattan state court that names Tacopina, his firm and his law partners as defendants, asked a judge to take the unusual step because he believes Tacopina will flee the court's jurisdiction before the plaintiff's case is resolved.

"Tacopina's stature in the community is largely fabricated and his numerous misdeeds in betraying the interests of other clients are coming to light in a manner that will most likely bring an end to his career and his inflated image," Parlatore said in court papers filed in New York Supreme Court. "Plaintiff has reason to believe that Tacopina has put into motion a plan to flee the jurisdiction with his family and his assets and to reestablish himself overseas, out of the reach of our courts and the multitudes of his former clients, who have become his victims."

Parlatore filed a request for a temporary restraining order forbidding Tacopina from transferring or selling his assets, along with a complaint filed by a Connecticut lawyer who claims that Tacopina pressured her into settling sexual-harassment allegations against her former law firm for much less than she deserved.
(...)
But while Tacopina has been cheered in Bologna, he has been under fire on this side of the Atlantic for the past year. He was the lead attorney in Alex Rodriguez's ill-conceived and unsuccessful bid to overturn his season-long steroid suspension. Former New York police commissioner Bernie Kerik filed a malpractice suit in January that claims Tacopina, who represented Kerik before the ex-top cop was indicted on fraud charges in 2007, cooperated with prosecutors against his former client. Kerik, who pleaded guilty to eight felony charges stemming from unreported renovations to his apartment and served three years in prison, also filed a bar complaint against Tacopina. Tacopina, in turn, filed a defamation claim against Kerik.

Kerik, who is also represented by Parlatore, said in an amended complaint filed in June that Tacopina had an extra-marital affair with the wife of a client, had affairs with media personalities in order to elevate his public profile, and abused painkillers and cocaine during his failed defense of Melanie McGuire, who was accused of hacking up her husband's body and throwing it in the Chesapeake Bay.

Tacopina, through Burstein, has vigorously denied the allegations.

The lawsuit filed on Wednesday says the Connecticut lawyer was an associate at a law firm when she was pressured by a partner to have sex. She claims the partner gave her "an incurable, painful, debilitating sexually transmitted disease."

(In other words, we may have a new favorite chairman!)

Also in Italian chairman news: Zamp is denying rumors that Mexican interests are trying to buy Palermo (he's claiming that he's just trying to get sponsorship there) and Diego Maradona is allegedly trying to advise a group of Qatari sheiks that want to buy out AdL at Napoli (to which my response is: OH NOOOOO!, and not in the Lazio sense.)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jim Parlatore is the best name for a lawyer, loving lol, but I don't quite follow how he has to have his assets frozen because he had sex with someone?

Also I hope the whole thing goes through. I, like many Italians, like to have criminals in charge of things.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Jim Parlatore is the best name for a lawyer, loving lol, but I don't quite follow how he has to have his assets frozen because he had sex with someone?

Also I hope the whole thing goes through. I, like many Italians, like to have criminals in charge of things.

This is how I know you must secretly like Albanians, Turks and Greeks.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I also think it would have been cool to have Kobe Bryant be the chairman of Bologna.

Also, 60m for a stadium? Um...that underestimating a tad no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

I, like many Italians, like to have criminals in charge of things.

Sadly, both for us and for 3peat, Gigi Becali is in prison for the next few years (although apparently he's still running Steaua Bucharest from the hoosegow) and thus can't bring his brand of ownership to Italy.

Yet.

• Locked thread