Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe
Speaking of fantasy trades from the Dodgers to the Cardinals...

... if Clayton Kershaw started playing for the Cardinals, would he ever lose another postseason game again? Would he lose any game again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
Dayton Moore will be the new Dodgers GM.

. . . .no wait. I meant "Postseason battle-hardened Dayton Moore" will be the new Dodgers GM

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Harlock posted:

Can't wait for Plaid Dodgers uniforms

Close enough.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

tatankatonk posted:

updates

Ramona Shelburne @ramonashelburne · 17m 17 minutes ago
To recap: Andrew Friedman is President, free to hire a GM. Ned Colletti gets new deal, works for Kasten now. Donnie Baseball still golden

gently caress, gently caress, gently caress. Why couldn't you give NedCo some more time, Kasten? Come on, have some faith.

Groucho Marxist posted:

_______ is the GM of the Los Angeles Dodgers

haha

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The Dodgers have money and a smart guy running things. Ugh.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

davecrazy posted:

Don Mattingly is still managing. Puig will spend 3 months benched learning A Valuable Lesson, and Kershaw will be on a 6 inning limit.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm glad the Dodgers are in the NL, drat.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Now the Rays are going to be as bad as the Buccaneers forever.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

:negative:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Isn't three concussions in one season really bad? A neurologist told Alex Avila he's okay to play baseball which sounds really sketchy.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Rand alPaul posted:

Isn't three concussions in one season really bad? A neurologist told Alex Avila he's okay to play baseball which sounds really sketchy.

Do you use your brain:
a) Daily
b) Every couple of days
c) Once a week
d) Once a month
e) Rarely

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rand alPaul posted:

Well it could have been that he damaged his head so that he was very vulnerable to concussions, which is bad and what they send you to a neurologist to check. But, if it turns out he's not, all that he has to do is not hit his head for however long it takes to heal (edit: which can be a real long time and you can not really know you're okay), and he could be back to normal.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

LordPants posted:

Well it could have been that he damaged his head so that he was very vulnerable to concussions, which is bad and what they send you to a neurologist to check. But, if it turns out he's not, all that he has to do is not hit his head for however long it takes to heal (edit: which can be a real long time and you can not really know you're okay), and he could be back to normal.

I'm sure it's just because I watch him all the time, but it seems like Alex Avila gets hit all the loving time (whether it's foul tips or backswings, even for a catcher)

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Mark Grace is returning to the Diamondbacks as the asst. hitting coach. Stay sober, man.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
NY Times frontpage.

bitter.jpg

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I don't think that's bitterness. People had legitimately forgotten that the Royals exist.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Jeff Banister is rumored to be the new Texas Rangers coach

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Harlock posted:

Jeff Banister is rumored to be the new Texas Rangers coach

Somewhat disappointed. I'd hoped to stick with Bogar.

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

My name is Buck, and I'm here to fuck

tadashi posted:

Mark Grace is returning to the Diamondbacks as the asst. hitting coach.

So is that for batters or pitchers?

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
Dayton Moore and Dan O'Dowd still rumored for the Braves' GM job after John Hart declines.

Too bad Fredi still has a job because the Braves could hire Ned AND Dayton and call it an offseason. :/

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

quote:

FOX Sports' Jon Paul Morosi reports that Cuban second baseman Jose Fernandez has defected and is seeking a contract in MLB.
Ben Badler of Baseball America reported Tuesday that Fernandez had gone missing from his team, with defection a distinct possibility, so the mystery is now solved. One of the top players in Cuba, the 26-year-old batted .326/.482/.456 during the 2013-14 season with Matanzas. He figures to generate a lot of interest once he's cleared to sign with a team.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Sorry, we already have a Jose Fernandez. You'll have to go back.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Sorry, we already have a Jose Fernandez. You'll have to go back.

That just means the Marlins should sign him and have him hit out of the pitcher slot every 5 games.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

He could always be Mike Fernandez.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

ozymandius1024 posted:

I'm sure it's just because I watch him all the time, but it seems like Alex Avila gets hit all the loving time (whether it's foul tips or backswings, even for a catcher)

Wasn't his last concussion from taking a forearm while getting tagged sliding into first? Dude's brain is basically tapioca at this point.

Serious idea: convert Avila to play first base, watch as he at least halfway returns to his 2011 numbers.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Moving one of the 2 good defenders the Tigers have off of their position is probably a bad idea.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The Yankees will sign him and he will be terrible.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Dingleberry Jones posted:

Dayton Moore and Dan O'Dowd still rumored for the Braves' GM job after John Hart declines.

Too bad Fredi still has a job because the Braves could hire Ned AND Dayton and call it an offseason. :/

Schuerholz said today that Hart had not declined yet but he wouldn't comment on where they are in the process. It sounds like they're begging him to take the job and he's not convinced.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
Probably because O'Dowd and Dayton Moore are peeking in the window.

Actually, I'm hoping it's Coppolella.

Although it does make me sad that I'm a year older than he is. :(

Also interesting is that Fredi contacted Chipper and "took his temperature" on whether he'd consider taking the hitting coach job. Chipper said it wasn't the right time. :(

Dingleberry Jones fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 16, 2014

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Minarch posted:

Serious idea: convert Avila to play first base, watch as he at least halfway returns to his 2011 numbers.

Miguel Cabrera is playing 1st base for the foreseeable future. Get the gently caress out of here with that nonsense.

They'll pick up his option for the 5.5 million, and he'll catch.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Where did that Kim Ng lady run off to? Someone hire her

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

Monicro posted:

Where did that Kim Ng lady run off to? Someone hire her
Kim Ng is currently Senior VP for Baseball Operations at MLB and probably loves her job because it involves a lot of responsibility with way, way less of the insanity she would have to put up with if she got hired to GM somewhere.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pat Clements posted:

Kim Ng is currently Senior VP for Baseball Operations at MLB and probably loves her job because it involves a lot of responsibility with way, way less of the insanity she would have to put up with if she got hired to GM somewhere.

If a team pays her more than what she makes now (if money is her thing), she could probably make the jump. She interviewed for the Padres job in July, so she clearly still has interest in being a GM.

Honestly, the Dodgers are probably the best team to hire her now that NedCo vacated the position and Friedman is president, not GM.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

I should point out that i dont actually know anything about her and my argument begins and ends with "A lady GM would be cool" so

e: Hey a move happened! The Rays signed something called a Michael Kohn to a 1 year deal.

Monicro fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 16, 2014

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

davecrazy posted:

So do the Cubs. 2016 or bust!

In other news, Wrigley bleacher renovations started! http://www.si.com/mlb/2014/10/16/wrigley-field-renovation-chicago-cubs-bleachers

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Monicro posted:

I should point out that i dont actually know anything about her and my argument begins and ends with "A lady GM would be cool" so

e: Hey a move happened! The Rays signed something called a Michael Kohn to a 1 year deal.

Stay off sports radio if that happens

Probably good advice regardless, actually

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Intruder posted:

Stay off sports radio if that happens

Probably good advice regardless, actually

I actually think even the dumbest of fuckers wouldn't care if a woman got a GM job. She's not "in the trenches" or whatever dumb loving argument people like to make about women clearly being totally unable to work with and manage men.

Anyway, are the Athletics interested in moving one of Vogt, Norris, or Jaso? Because any one of those guys seems like a wonderful addition to someone's roster,

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

FairGame posted:

I actually think even the dumbest of fuckers wouldn't care if a woman got a GM job. She's not "in the trenches" or whatever dumb loving argument people like to make about women clearly being totally unable to work with and manage men.

People totally say that women can't be president or whatever because they're ~*~Too Emotional~*~, I imagine the same would carry over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

FairGame posted:

Anyway, are the Athletics interested in moving one of Vogt, Norris, or Jaso? Because any one of those guys seems like a wonderful addition to someone's roster,

Pretty sure the A's will never hesitate to move anyone if they deem the return to be right, but thanks to his concussions, Jaso isn't likely to catch much in the future and might be a strict 1B/DH guy from here on out. In other words, unless Billy signs another catcher, I doubt he moves any of them.

Senf fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 17, 2014

• Locked thread