Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i like how at this italian restaurant near me theres this big table in the back thats always overflowing with cops, has been since i was a wee baby. vintage italian greasery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

duTrieux. posted:

okay please let me clarify, talk tot he police if it will actually help to solve or prevent crimes

police will also give you directions, respond to non-criminal emergency situations, direct traffic, help old ladies across the street etc

the police are not exclusively a tool of capitalist oppression, and you don't gotta apply "smash the state" antics to beat cops doing good work

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Smythe posted:

i like how at this italian restaurant near me theres this big table in the back thats always overflowing with cops, has been since i was a wee baby. vintage italian greasery

itym greased palms :smug:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

police will also give you directions, respond to non-criminal emergency situations, direct traffic, help old ladies across the street etc

the police are not exclusively a tool of capitalist oppression, and you don't gotta take your "smash the state" antics to beat cops doing good work

i live in southern california i don't think i've ever seen an on-foot beat cop in my life

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

duTrieux. posted:

i live in southern california i don't think i've ever seen an on-foot beat cop in my life

maybe that is one of the problems

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

probably

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the police are not exclusively a tool of capitalist oppression, and you don't gotta apply "smash the state" antics to beat cops doing good work

lol i remember one time in a grey forum there was a circlejerk over how we should just totally abolish the police in one fell swoop

and they would get super mad at anyone who tried asking "okay but what do we do after that" as if asking someone to consider the possible consequences of their proposed policy change was an unforgivably counter-revolutionary sentiment

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

postin in this the lf thread

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol i remember one time in a grey forum there was a circlejerk over how we should just totally abolish the police in one fell swoop

and they would get super mad at anyone who tried asking "okay but what do we do after that" as if asking someone to consider the possible consequences of their proposed policy change was an unforgivably counter-revolutionary sentiment

acab

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

theadder posted:

postin in this the lf thread

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

assigned cop at birth?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Smythe posted:

that restaurant is paying/giving free food to those cops in order to have a police presence at night

it's super common where i'm from, you just have em wear the uniform after their shift is done and park their prowler in a conspicuous place

apartment complexes frequently do the same thing but with rent discounts

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

my ex in college used to get the campus cops to drive her around because she had big boobies and was visibly drunk

pointers
Sep 4, 2008

A Pinball Wizard posted:

assigned cop at birth?
all cats are beautiful

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

pointers posted:

all cats are beautiful

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

my ex in college...had big boobies

yeah okay yospos poster H.P. Hovercraft

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

citizen penishaver

mods

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Snapchat Says Ads Are Coming This Weekend: 'We Need the Money'

http://blog.snapchat.com/post/100255857340/advertising-on-snapchat

lmao "how are we gonna monetise?" "idk, ads? at least we can look like we're not actively trying to lose money"

Miley Virus fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 19, 2014

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Farecoal posted:

yeah okay yospos poster H.P. Hovercraft

yeah sure like you've never dated a crazy lady just because she had chest beefers

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah sure like you've never dated a crazy lady just because she had chest beefers

twice

then i learned not to value a person by boobs alone

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

hobbesmaster posted:

the walking cops can't really respond quickly to anything in an american city

and most cities won't even have good places to walk

cops can have cars but they should also walk a beat sometimes

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

rotor posted:

just turn all the parking on the same block as the cop shops into homeless shelters, they'll wander a bit and homeless will be a bit safer

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
there was a rly cool story on npr the other day about this cop who been walkin the skid row beat on foot for 17 years. he is mega ftw

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

given the kind of poo poo they wear these days i'd recommend they walk it in fallujah or mogadishu to take full advantage of the tactical-ness

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

syscall girl posted:

given the kind of poo poo they wear these days i'd recommend they walk it in fallujah or mogadishu to take full advantage of the tactical-ness

oh yeah and take away all their riot gear

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

crusader_complex posted:

nighttime authority boner squad

m-mods

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
sorry i'm late, i'm here to remind you. don't talk to cops

that is all. namaste and good evening

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

what if i have a cop friend

filthy regex
Oct 1, 2010

s/ (. Y .) / 8==D~~ /g
all friends are bastards

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
some cops are pricks, but they're not pricks because they're cops, they're cops because they're pricks

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
with all the plainclothes cops nowadays I don't talk to anyone, it's the only way to be sure

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I can't believe we let someone post several times about talking to loving cops

DONT. loving. TALK. TO. COPS

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
cops don't give a gently caress about you and will ruin your life on a whim

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Rexicon1 posted:

I can't believe we let someone post several times about talking to loving cops

DONT. loving. TALK. TO. COPS
I know, right? I knew a guy once who just said "hello" to a cop and now he's serving twelve life sentences for murders committed before he was even born. cops are hosed up dude.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Soricidus posted:

I know, right? I knew a guy once who just said "hello" to a cop and now he's serving twelve life sentences for murders committed before he was even born. cops are hosed up dude.

ah yes, the 'this hasn't happened to me, so it doesn't happen' defense

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Miley Virus posted:

lmao "how are we gonna monetise?" "idk, ads? at least we can look like we're not actively trying to lose money"

first ad was a movie trailer. i expect a quick regression to the mean of complete poo poo mobile advertising for p2w generic rpg #842.

edit: i'm a dumb. evidence follows in next post.

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 19, 2014

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Shifty Pony posted:

recursion to the mean

trailer for inception sequel?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Miley Virus posted:

"The best advertisements tell you more about stuff that actually interests you. Some companies spend a lot of time and collect a lot of data about you to figure that out. The product we’re releasing today is a lot simpler."

i.e. they're not even trying to target ads, it's just carpet bombing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

"The best advertisements tell you more about stuff that actually interests you. Some companies spend a lot of time and collect a lot of data about you to figure that out. The product we’re releasing today is a lot simpler."

i.e. they're not even trying to target ads, it's just carpet bombing

yup. let's be fair here the target audience isn't the users it is the gullible investors who are convinced that snapchat is worth $10b

• Locked thread