Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

Moridin920 posted:

yeah idk they can't all be passable I guess

just trying to keep the obrien thread alive

obrien lives whether he likes it or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

yeah idk they can't all be passable I guess

just trying to keep the obrien thread alive

I appreciate that I'm sorry if it sounded like I was using my angry voice

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Chief's Log, supplemental. Tried to lighten the mood with a little self-deprecating humor today, but the forums didn't like it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Chief's log:

These holosuite programs are getting hosed up. Last week I was getting the poo poo beaten out of me by a federal marshal and then i got crammed into a jail cell with a bunch of Irish and blacks who hadn't bathed since the last rain storm.This week, I'm running around with Jaime Foxx and trying to look like I'm contributing while he chases after Leonidas.

I'm starting to think the computers don't like me, either.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Spiderjelly posted:

Goldmine this poo poo already

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Goldmining is basically a promotion and we all know that doesn't happen to anything o'brien so stfu and don't gently caress your wife

Edit: or my wife...

:mrgw:

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

O'Brien will never be goldmined. However, if there's ever a Commander Riker thread, it'll be goldmined within three pages.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Or Wesly, or any of the red shirts or background characters that appear in the corridors

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Didnt Wesley ask O'Brien for dating advice

or was that Worf

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Cthulu Carl posted:

Chief's log:

These holosuite programs are getting hosed up. Last week I was getting the poo poo beaten out of me by a federal marshal and then i got crammed into a jail cell with a bunch of Irish and blacks who hadn't bathed since the last rain storm.This week, I'm running around with Jaime Foxx and trying to look like I'm contributing while he chases after Leonidas.

I'm starting to think the computers don't like me, either.

Additional: At least I convinced Quark to take out the 20th century flight simulator.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

O'Brien's name should never appear in the same sentence as "promotion", aside from "O'Brien, you aren't getting a promotion" or "O'Brien, I need you to hold Keiko's leg while Data and I give her The Promotion, I saw it on Brazzers"

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Professor Shark posted:

"O'Brien, I need you to hold Keiko's leg while Data and I give her The Promotion, I saw it on Brazzers"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

"O'Brien, I need you to hold Keiko's leg while Data and I give her The Promotion, I saw it on Brazzers"

goldmine already

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Lawman 0 posted:

goldmine already

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Sisko: Hey O'Brien, some awkward, badly dressed guy from Someone Awful dot com showed up with a box of Triscuits and a bottle of cheap wine saying he was here to give someone named O'Brien an award for "Goldmine". I told him we only have one O'Brien, but he isn't the kind of guy who gets awards.

O'Brien: :smith:

Sisko: You better not be using Ops as your postal address or Union be damned I'm going to fire your rear end, now get the gently caress back in your hobbit-hole

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
O'Brien: "I hope they enjoyed the sexy letters I wrote to my wife"

"You are mine, darling, mine! I love you. All I have written above is only a moment or two of brutal madness. The last drop of seed has hardly been squirted up your oval office before it is over and my true love for you, the love of my verses, the love of my eyes for your strange luring eyes, comes blowing over my soul like a wind of spices. My prick is still hot and stiff and quivering from the last brutal drive it has given you when a faint hymn is heard rising in tender pitiful worship of you from the dim cloisters of my heart.

Keiko, my faithful darling, my seet-eyed blackguard schoolgirl, be my whore, my mistress, as much as you like (my little frigging mistress! My little loving whore!) you are always my beautiful wild flower of the hedges, my dark-blue rain-drenched flower."

This episode is weiiiirrddd

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!

Shoehead posted:

O'Brien: "I hope they enjoyed the sexy letters I wrote to my wife"

"You are mine, darling, mine! I love you. All I have written above is only a moment or two of brutal madness. The last drop of seed has hardly been squirted up your oval office before it is over and my true love for you, the love of my verses, the love of my eyes for your strange luring eyes, comes blowing over my soul like a wind of spices. My prick is still hot and stiff and quivering from the last brutal drive it has given you when a faint hymn is heard rising in tender pitiful worship of you from the dim cloisters of my heart.

Keiko, my faithful darling, my seet-eyed blackguard schoolgirl, be my whore, my mistress, as much as you like (my little frigging mistress! My little loving whore!) you are always my beautiful wild flower of the hedges, my dark-blue rain-drenched flower."

This episode is weiiiirrddd

:vince: Alright, NOW we're done here.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Wingless posted:

You should probably frame it so that you can see the beam leaving his gun better

e; Best I can do

Wingless posted:

I can't believe no one thought of this.

With the recent advances in avatar technology, can you make this bigger and/or like the bottom one? I'd take a bigger version of the one I have now, but O'brien v O'Brien would be p sweet too

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Howard Beale posted:

Chief's Log, supplemental. Tried to lighten the mood with a little self-deprecating humor today. but the forums didn't like it. Everyone kept laughing for 10 minutes straight and had to leave the room. :smith:

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere

Shoehead posted:

My prick is still hot and stiff and quivering from the last brutal drive it has given you when a faint hymn is heard rising in tender pitiful worship of you from the dim cloisters of my heart.

You're a poet.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Costello Jello posted:

You're a poet.

To put it more accurately, James Joyce is a poet.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh man if you haven't read Joyce's letters to his wife you should. He loved loving the absolute poo poo out of her

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Shoehead posted:

Oh man if you haven't read Joyce's letters to his wife you should. He loved loving the absolute poo poo out of her

And sniffing farts. Like any true Irishman

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

WeAreTheRomans posted:

And sniffing farts. Like any true Irishman

Here is a little comic kate beaton made about Joyce.
http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=32

insert_funny
Jan 5, 2013

I can never have plastic surgery, because I don't feel like chipping in another five bucks to change the picture.
Personal log, stardate 192.168.101.1

Captain Scott stopped by the station last night. The last thing I remember was going to Quark's after giving him a tour of the station. It appears we've hijacked the Defiant, and are flying straight to Qo'noS to "give those Klingon bastards the what for," according to Scott's captain's log entry. Not really much I can do to stop him at this point; I'm wicked hungover and sometime during the night I hurt my drat shoulder again. Might as well just enjoy the ride; a court martial and penal colony sentence would be a nice vacation from that frigid wife of mine.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

insert_funny posted:

Personal log, stardate 192.168.101.1

Captain Scott stopped by the station last night. The last thing I remember was going to Quark's after giving him a tour of the station. It appears we've hijacked the Defiant, and are flying straight to Qo'noS to "give those Klingon bastards the what for," according to Scott's captain's log entry. Not really much I can do to stop him at this point; I'm wicked hungover and sometime during the night I hurt my drat shoulder again. Might as well just enjoy the ride; a court martial and penal colony sentence would be a nice vacation from that frigid wife of mine.

plz dont use your ship local stardate, that's not helpful.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
This is actually from when Colm Meaney auditioned to be in the Dubliners after Luke Kelly died

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

sorry mr meany, tolstoy was a patato drinker, not eater. NEXT!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Potatos come from S. America so the real question here is what did the Irish do before they had potatos?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Beat their wives?

...still

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I went into Quark's and said "Good Morn-ing!" to Morn. Apparently he didn't think that was funny and now that fat gently caress won't talk to me anymore.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

WeAreTheRomans posted:

This is actually from when Colm Meaney auditioned to be in the Dubliners after Luke Kelly died

Goldmine

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

https://twitter.com/fwstarfleet/status/516252264080879616

ChosenbytheZetans
Jan 21, 2013
-rolls over in bed and masturbates furiously to that time he helped preggo Major Kira out of the bathtub-

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

A Pinball Wizard posted:

In a basement under one of the beautiful starships of the Federation, there is a room. It has one sliding door, and no window. A little light seeps from the illuminating panels overhead. The room is about ten paces long and twenty wide: a mere utility room. In one corner of the little room stands a bank of transporters. The air is stale, as starship air usually is. In the room a man is standing. He looks about fifty, but is actually only thirty five. He is clinically depressed. Perhaps he has inferior Irish genes, or perhaps it is the result of years of hard drinking and disappointment. He picks his nose and occasionally fumbles vaguely with his genitals, as he stands hunched over a console in the corner farthest from the transporters. He is afraid of the transporters. He finds them horrible. He shuts his eyes, bit he knows the transporters are still sitting there; and the door is closed; and nobody will come. The door is always closed, and nobody ever comes, except that sometimes - the man has lost all sense of time and ingerval - sometimes the door whooshes and slides open, and a person, or several people are there. One or more may walk over and stand on the transporter bank. The others never come close, but peer at him with frightened, disgusted eyes. The people who come in hardly say ahything, but the man, who has not always stood in this room, and can remember sunlight and a lover's touch, sometimes speaks. "How about a pint in Ten Forward?" he says. "Or a kayaking trip on the holodeck?" They never answer.

They all know he is there, the people of the Federation. Some have come to see him, others are content merely to know he is there. They all know that he has to be. Some of them understand why, and some do not, but they all understand that their mission, its success or failure, their safety, their ability to come and go as they want or need, depends wholly on this man's abominable misery.

At times one of the men or women or others who go to see the man does not go home. These people keep walking, and walk straight into the shuttle bay and commandeer a shuttle, and fly it out of the beautiful ship. They keep flying out of orbit of whatever planet they may be near. Each one goes alone, man or woman, Chief or Admiral. Each alone, they go, toward the Gamma Quadrant or the Neutral Zone. They go on. They leave the Federation, they fly ahead into darkness, and they do not come back. The place they go towards is a place no one has gone before. I cannot even describe it. But they seem to know where they are going, the ones who fly away from the Federation.

thanks for the horror

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Personal Log:

Career Day was a bust.

Guinan sat around telling stories and charming all the kids, all kids wanted Cmdr. Data to do was use his megastrength to bend replicated metal bars or have Cmdr. LaForge use his visor as part of a fun game of hide and go seek.

These aren't your jobs!

I come in there to talk about the wonderment and magic of the transporter, and I'm a loving monster for making 3 kids cry because the teacher waited until the end of class to inform me that all the people that died in that transporter accident last week had kids there. The ones that weren't crying just didn't care, because transporter technology is as mysterious and unknown to kids as fire or the wheel was to kids 200 years ago.

However, it wasn't a total loss. Being left alone to my own devices with no one to bother me I found a small degree of amusement in watching Cmdr. Riker quietly introducing himself to a handful of his secret illegitimate children, or watching Lt. Worf 'let' some of the teenagers beat him in a self-defense exhibition.

Riker was pissed off as he brushed by me with one of his still-crying secret bastards in tow, and I thought better of trying to comfort the child with the revelation that, "Don't worry little girl, your 'daddy' wasn't really killed last week," but I knew better.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

JediTalentAgent posted:

Personal Log:

Career Day was a bust.

I knew it was going to be good at this point

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Oh, you know what, I wasn't even supposed to be there. Lt. Robinson was signed up for it to promote transporter sciences. Instead, she was so distraught over "inside-out day" last week that she had to take some time off and I got saddled with it.

You know, I've killed plenty of people in the transporter room, mostly on purpose.

With her, they're ALL accidents. She's a menace, and this is ME saying that! If I had to choose between dying on some alien world or letting her put me through 30 seconds of disintegrating quantum hell, I know what I'm choosing! She's like one of those old 20th-century doctors I read about in school that refused to wash their hands before doing surgeries.

I can't even complain about her to my superior, because guess what? SHE IS MY SUPERIOR! Someone needs to move her back to bulk cargo bay transporter control where she can't hurt anyone, anymore! She was a student teacher for transporter technology at the Academy? BULLSHIT! Do you know what she honestly asked me on her first day? "What does this button do?"

I have sat there and watched her just say, "Computer, beam up the away team." The AWAY TEAM could have just paged the computer and given that order themselves! Which leads us right back to how the incident last week happened!

God, I'm at the point where I'm just going to volunteer to cover all her shifts in the transporter room because eventually all her accidents will start sending up some red flags and there will be way too many eyes looking in what really goes on in there. I have a lot of things going on in that transporter room that I don't need people snooping around and finding out about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
I'm doing a full watch through of Star Trek Deep space 90210 right now. I'm on season three. The first two almost made me want to smash my face with a hammer.

ITT as Miles I shoot myself in the roof of the mouth with a phaser on kill.

• Locked thread