Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

In KC, in December. It won't matter since we'll be 6-9 at that point

The Chargers always suck poo poo to start the year, then randomly turn it on. If this is them sucking, buckle up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

TheChirurgeon posted:

It's not even that bad, just average. One of the Giants TDs came off a short field following that Romo INT. After the last two years, I'll take average all loving day long

Didn't Kalli post something about how our defense is just as bad or worse on a per-play basis, but we allow the opponents far fewer plays now?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I still don't trust this cowboys team. I don't think Murray will make it the whole year and the defense is going to be exploited bad by a good offense soon.

TheChirurgeon posted:

It's not even that bad, just average. One of the Giants TDs came off a short field following that Romo INT. After the last two years, I'll take average all loving day long

Eh they're statistically almost neck and neck with what they were last year outside of points. The trick is the offense is so loving stingy on ball control the other team never gets a chance to beat them up.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Volkerball posted:

The Chargers always suck poo poo to start the year, then randomly turn it on. If this is them sucking, buckle up.

What past Chargers teams did doesn't loving matter in 2014

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Zoran posted:

Didn't Kalli post something about how our defense is just as bad or worse on a per-play basis, but we allow the opponents far fewer plays now?

He did but I'm not sure I buy it 100%, given that DVOA and WPA are both significantly better for us this year than last

Additionally, they've had to defend a lot of short fields due to bad turnovers

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

DeepDickPizza posted:

This is why I find it encouraging. If Cutler and Marshall weren't such bros, it might be a little disconcerting to have a receiver call out the QB in front of the team. I think they're good enough friends that it will be water under the bridge. As it stands, I like that some dudes are actually showing they care. If they actually bring some of that intensity to the field next week, maybe they won't look like microwaved poo poo.

I'm not worried about their relationship or anything, but the Bears will probably need a 7-2 run to sniff the playoffs. Not much hope of that if every other game they're committing 3+ turnovers. Its like the Lions and the Bears switched places.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Menamino posted:

"We will run the ball regardless of results." - an actual tom coughlin quote

Yeah, no poo poo.

Beatings will continue until morale improves.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TheChirurgeon posted:

He did but I'm not sure I buy it 100%, given that DVOA and WPA are both significantly better for us this year than last

Additionally, they've had to defend a lot of short fields due to bad turnovers

Just watching games it seems like they whiff a lot and focus on strips more than tackles. They hammered down the run like no one's business today, but Eli was able to pass on them at will.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

What past Chargers teams did doesn't loving matter in 2014

Oh quit being a baby. You lost a coin toss game against a solid team. Try having some real problems.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Zoran posted:

Yeah, they're still not very good but having a huge time of possession advantage because you have the best OL in the league and can grind out drives helps shelter a lot of defensive problems.

Facing an ancient coach stuck in the 80s who demands offensive "balance" helps a lot too!

Eli Manning - 21/33 248 yards 63.6% 7.5 YPA 3 TD 0 INT 116.7 QB Rating

Andre Williams - 18 carries 51 yards 2.8 YPC

More first and second down inside traps for 0 yards please.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Zoran posted:

Yeah, the thing is, they're better on 3rd downs which leads to what Chir said about their advanced stats. But all in all, they're still a pretty bad defense, but gently caress it, who cares, they're 6-1.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Oh quit being a baby. You lost a coin toss game against a solid team. Try having some real problems.

Like being unemployed and getting evicted soon?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Andy Reid is a really good coach when it comes to calling plays and putting together a general offensive gameplan. We are lucky that we have him and hope he is our coach for a decade and more.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Menamino posted:

Yeah, they're still not very good but having a huge time of possession advantage because you have the best OL in the league and can grind out drives helps shelter a lot of defensive problems.

Facing an ancient coach stuck in the 80s who demands offensive "balance" helps a lot too!

Eli Manning - 21/33 248 yards 63.6% 7.5 YPA 3 TD 0 INT 116.7 QB Rating

Andre Williams - 18 carries 51 yards 2.8 YPC

More first and second down inside traps for 0 yards please.

Are you a Panthers fan?!?!?!?!?!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So what exactly caused the Bengals to implode in such a fashion? At this rate I expect them to get negative points next week followed by not showing up at all for week 8.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Like being unemployed and getting evicted soon?

no like real football problems ross. :(

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So what exactly caused the Bengals to implode in such a fashion? At this rate I expect them to get negative points next week followed by not showing up at all for week 8.

Well, their defense seems fine and they went almost the entire first half without making a play more then like 4 yards downfield, so I'll go with the "all their receivers are injured" excuse as being probably right.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Additionally the Bengals tied last week on the back of some huge plays that you probably shouldn't depend on.

In the first half they chewed the Panthers apart but were shut down in the second. If the clown car that is the Panthers' coaching staff is able to adjust to you then whelp

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chiefs are at .500 after away games at Denver, San Fran and San Diego. Plaaaaaayoffffffsss

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Fire Coughlin.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'll stop believing 8-8 is happening when they get that 9th win. Not a second before.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Losing on Thursday is much easier than losing on Sunday. FYI.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Chiefs are at .500 after away games at Denver, San Fran and San Diego. Plaaaaaayoffffffsss

congrats

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Are you a Panthers fan?!?!?!?!?!

I was going to reply to this with an "I wish" but I'm not sure if that's a better or worse fate at the moment. Probably pretty close to even.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

ps playing two teams coming off of bye weeks and then a thursday game on the road is bullshit gently caress you schedule makers

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fox Post Game: Are the Cowboys the best team in the NFL?

:suicide:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

Well, their defense seems fine and they went almost the entire first half without making a play more then like 4 yards downfield, so I'll go with the "all their receivers are injured" excuse as being probably right.

Eh the Colts were wrecking them but they just kept shooting themselves in the foot.

As they are want to do.

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet
Spillers out with a broke collarbone, Jacksons out with unknown. Can Orton become the QB the bills need?

Also, the seahawks loosing wiped almost everyone out of the football pool.

I might win this year.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
We've got the Browns next, then Seattle, Denver, and San Diego. Raiders don't win next week, they're probably 0-10.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

ps playing two teams coming off of bye weeks and then a thursday game on the road is bullshit gently caress you schedule makers

Rodgers
Cutler
Stafford
Rivers
Manning
Brady

In a loving row.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

We've got the Browns next, then Seattle, Denver, and San Diego. Raiders don't win next week, they're probably 0-10.

Win Loss Loss Win

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ozu posted:

Rodgers
Cutler
Stafford
Rivers
Manning
Brady

In a loving row.

how did you lose to us

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ozu posted:

Rodgers
Cutler
Stafford
Rivers
Manning
Brady

In a loving row.

First five games of the season were Rivers, Rodgers, good Manning, Romo and RG3Cousins. Schedules suck.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

how did you lose to us

You've got a pretty good team and Rivers is amazing if he gets a chance to, you know, run plays. Things are ok for the Chargers although this week and probably Thursday will suck.

Hope other stuff works out man.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
This Bears team is so drat perplexing. They are probably go do something stupid and weird and win in Foxboro next week. Then I'll sit there on my couch, scratch my head, and still have not loving clue what is going on with this team.

They are poorly coached. That is main thing I have gotten out of this season. Trestman was supposed to the be the offensive Lovie Smith. The defense may suck, but drat it, we could count the offense to keep the team in the game. Yet somehow, even with the starting roster identical, the offense has regressed since last season. The play calling is inconsistent and often times straight up stupid. I don't think I need to point out at this point how lovely the defense and special teams coaches are. That is a given.

But I would be remiss in not pointing out the deficiencies in the players themselves. Concentrating on the offensive side of the ball; I am very disappointed in what I have seen out of the passing game. I never, NEVER see a pass caught in stride. The wide receivers, while terrific at positioning and jump ball catches, can not get any drat separation. Every catch is with a defender on their hip about to tackle them, or with a defender closing in to tackle within a second or two. This is just as much on Cutler as well. Every throw is too a spot. I never see a catch in stride. Any yards after the catch seem to come from a dead stop. Marshall or Jeffery catch the ball at spot, then have to juke and accelerate to pick up any yards after the catch. No catches are ever made in stride. This is just one problem I have with how this offense operates, and I'm too annoyed to get into a super long effort post on this.

In any case, for a coach that hangs his hat on offense, Trestman is not delivering. For a unit with lots of talent, this offense is not delivering. This team is destined for 7-9 or 8-8.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
You guys think you have it bad, check this out

Loss
Loss
Loss
Loss
Bye
Loss
Loss

in a loving row

gently caress the schedule makers

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

The Chargers may be mediocre but the Jets are outright bad.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Top 2 receivers, number one tight end, 2 out of 3 starting linebackers linebackers(became 3 out of 3 when Burfict "tackled" Luck), the best run stopper on the d-line are all injured. When James Wright, a seventh round receiver who didn't catch a pass for LSU last year, is getting meaningful snaps you have a problem.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Feels like another game where the Giants had a decent chance and just got undone by bad mistakes. That hold by Randle which sunk that drive, all kinds of presnap procedural penalties including 12 men in the huddle. Donnell has a fumble problem. McAdoo or Coughlin kept insisting on running the ball despite us not getting anything outside a single good run early on. The Cowboys took care of the ball better and did their best to outplay Jason Garrett being a dumbass.

When we finally had to throw the drat ball late in the fourth McAdoo called some good plays and we waltzed down. If we had done that all game we could have a legitimately good offense.

Bright spots:
Beckham looks legit
Prince got beat by Dez sometimes but also played very well for the most part, and got another pick
Eli had a fine game, he continues to take better care of the football. Don't look now but he's not throwing many picks.
Offensive line sucked in the run game but kept Eli protected again.
Hankins and JPP still good

Bad stains:
Run game sucks without Jennings
Linebackers suck
Not much pass rush
We have a safety problem, teams just pick on everyone not Rolle
Hold onto the drat ball Donnell

The impression I have about the Giants right now is a completely average team. We will beat the bad teams on our schedule, but we aren't going to beat the good ones. 7-9 to 9-7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

Eh the Colts were wrecking them but they just kept shooting themselves in the foot.

As they are want to do.

I mean, the two fumbles were huge, but the Bengals D made the Colts punt 5 times in that first half despite having, what I think was, roughly 3 minutes between series.

• Locked thread