Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes

Nothing more romantic than Harrison Ford saying "I know"

edit: oh yeah Empire Strikes Back Synpa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyloJW

webmeister posted:

search down again?

the joke is that your australian slang passes through these fine, high quality american servers.

unless this is a joke and i'm tired and missing it.

hambeet

XyloJW posted:

sorta, i'm still exhausted from that, it threw off my sleep schedule and my eyes have felt heavy and sore all day just from sleepiness. Like I almost went to sleep at 9 pm, but then I did some stuff and I'm still doing stuff and I keep looking over at the bed wistfully, but instead I'm delivering burns to semi-innocent strayans.

that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me.

just go to bed dude.

Portals

avs is a beautiful flower

hambeet

Portals posted:

avs is a beautiful flower

a venus fly trap actually

hambeet

poo poo it's 1984!

Portals

Matthew Beet posted:

a venus fly trap actually

a rafflesia

webmeister

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

XyloJW posted:

the joke is that your australian slang passes through these fine, high quality american servers.

unless this is a joke and i'm tired and missing it.

oh. i just assumed you were tapping on the servers to try and get search back up

tithin

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Portals posted:

a rafflesia

That's going to go over a few heads.

Milkfred E. Moore

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Cartoon posted:

Sunshine - :d: :d: - I'm going to eschew my usual brevity to explain why I'm dissing this film. The whole storyline and premise is laughable. You can't 'restart a sun' and even if you could the act of stellar reignition would wipe all life off earth. OK so already having to stuff that problem into the background to suspend disbelief we face the ponderous extensions of Deux Machina almost immediately. Solar wind precluding all transmissions a week early? That's a nice plot point. Oh lets have two of the astronauts get into a a stupid slap fight over access to video facilities. A computer that is all powerful when it causes trouble but utterly helpless when it causes trouble? A dumb decision to abandon the main mission based on a ridiculous premise (two chances) which then catapults into more idiocy (We had mined all of earth's fissionable material for the second payload). And all this before we get to the shaky cam BS in the later part of the mission. There are a couple of things to like about this film. Diverse casting with some racial stereotyping deliberately avoided, a reliance on aspects of psychology rather than other sciences. These fade immediately into the background when new dilemmas are poorly manufactured to dove tail onto the resolution of the previous crisis. I could fill pages with the dodgy physics, science and hoakey writing choices. A stinker. Avoid (Still got two :d: more than Antichrist).

lmao

you're bad at movies

Asphyxious

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Milky Moor posted:

lmao

you're bad at movies

:ironicat:

Vladimir Poutine
:madmax:

Milky Moor posted:

lmao

you're bad at movies

:captainpop:

Vladimir Poutine
:madmax:
I expect an epic showdown from you two

Portals

tithin posted:

if you fuckers don't know what a rafflesia is then I don't know what to say

they're the giant red flowers that smell like rotting meat

thatbastardken

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

tithin posted:

nothing goes over our heads in australia.

we're upside down.

Milkfred E. Moore

Matthew Beet posted:

this i can't tolerate. what are you, 3?

also, lol when i said this sort of thing in DnD ages and everyone called me a fuckwit for calling australian slang 'infantile'

turns out the milkman is always right

thatbastardken

also suzy has pulled or torn her hip muscle and is sore but sad because I won't let her run round like an idiot.

Portals

XyloJW

Splode

put some clothes on you little freak
sunshine is a terrible movie.

Vladimir Poutine posted:

can someone confirm that "cozzie" is a term used by people who actually exist

I know people who use this term, I use swimmers myself though.

hambeet

Milky Moor posted:

also, lol when i said this sort of thing in DnD ages and everyone called me a fuckwit for calling australian slang 'infantile'

turns out the milkman is always right

nah i'm fine with parma because it's a chicken parmagiana. I can't deal with parmie because that's loving stupid.

so I wasn't really agreeing with you, just stating that my slang is better than their slang.

and doing so in a completely mature way.

Portals

Splode posted:

I know people who use this term, I use swimmers myself though.

by "swimmers" do you mean people who swim or swimsuits

Milkfred E. Moore

Matthew Beet posted:

nah i'm fine with parma because it's a chicken parmagiana. I can't deal with parmie because that's loving stupid.

so I wasn't really agreeing with you, just stating that my slang is better than their slang.

backpedal harder

Splode posted:

sunshine is a terrible movie.

wrong

Cartoon

poop

Milky Moor posted:

lmao

you're bad at movies
I've watched three movies that you think are good. They have all been rubbish. I'm not the problem here.

Bargearse

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

LordPants posted:

Nothing more romantic than Harrison Ford saying "I know"

edit: oh yeah Empire Strikes Back Synpa.

i'm watching the original Star Wars trilogy with a girl who has never seen a star wars movie before and hasn't had the "darth vader = anakin" twist spoiled for her yet

hambeet

im sure i spelt parmiagiana wrong, im tired and hungry i dont care im going home works done. yay

hambeet

Milky Moor posted:

backpedal harder

lol no. I've had this same argument in here before. you've obviously missed it.

XyloJW
australia's an island right? can you guys please get your poo poo together and vote milky moor off??

Divorced And Curious

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Bargearse posted:

i'm watching the original Star Wars trilogy with a girl who has never seen a star wars movie before and hasn't had the "darth vader = anakin" twist spoiled for her yet

you going to do machete order or just ignore the prequels?

hambeet

aussie slang is fine. just non victorian aussie slang is poo poo.

rhyming slang is an abomination though.

XyloJW

Bargearse posted:

my wife hasn't seen them either, so we tried to arrange to watch them, but apparently they're impossible to obtain.

she knows all the big spoilers though.

GoldStandardConure

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Sunshine is a good film. Transformers is not a good film.

hosed up if true.

Matoi Ryuko

:drat:

thatbastardken

sunshine is a stupid film because who the gently caress names their sun-spaceship Icarus?

HookShot
How do you manage to get to TYOOL 2014 without knowing that Anakin Skywalker is Darth Vader, unless you're like 7?

GoldStandardConure

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

thatbastardken posted:

sunshine is a stupid film because who the gently caress names their sun-spaceship Icarus?

People with a good sense of humor.

However only idiots would name the second one Icarus 2 after the first one vanishes.

Tirade

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division

Matthew Beet posted:

"Hey Matta, pass me a tinna and chuck a few more snags on the barba."

Those On My Left

Milky Moor posted:

lmao

you're bad at movies

sunshine is pretty good for the first two thirds but when it goes all slasher flick it turns to literal poo poo, total waste of an otherwise quite beautiful film with a bangin soundtrack

hambeet

Tirade posted:

"Hey Matta, pass me a tinna and chuck a few more snags on the barba."

Noice try.

Tinny is made up. It's a barberque not a barbaque. Barber is already a word.

You don't say chicken parmygiana you say chicken parmagiana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet

Those On My Left posted:

sunshine is pretty good for the first two thirds but when it goes all slasher flick it turns to literal poo poo, total waste of an otherwise quite beautiful film with a bangin soundtrack

I agree with this right person here.

• Locked thread