Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

sudo rm -rf posted:

how are everton's chances of getting 3 points tomorrow?

i hate playing villa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Still B.A.E posted:

He's a loving old oval office, op

You silver fox

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
:siren: footballs on in less than an hour :siren:

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Arsenal bought a US-based advanced stats company.

quote:

The workers watch footage of matches from around the world, and they code them in the most meticulous fashion. They look beyond a mere assist, for example, and examine whether the pass has enabled the goalscorer to shoot without breaking stride. Did it put the chance on the striker’s favoured foot? Was the goalkeeper properly positioned?

The numbers are a long way from being simple. The depth is extraordinary and every last detail is assigned a score, from which a comprehensive picture of players and, in turn, teams can be built.

The search for meaningful patterns, objective proof and deep-rooted truths has long since been embraced by baseball, American football and basketball. It is perhaps best known in baseball, where the successful, statistics-driven approach of the Oakland Athletics and their general manager, Billy Beane, spawned the book Moneyball.

Still B.A.E fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Oct 18, 2014

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

So the players in the next Arsenal injury crisis might be statistically better than the current ones that they have? Can't wait.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

After a hundred million pounds, a hundred thousand matches and 4 years of advanced stats there's a hush in the room as everyone gathers around the DsZibOt9000.

Arsene Wenger : What does it say?
Steve Bould : It says Liverpool are unable to counteract a packed midfield and you should buy Lionel Messi.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

DickEmery posted:

After a hundred million pounds, a hundred thousand matches and 4 years of advanced stats there's a hush in the room as everyone gathers around the DsZibOt9000.

Arsene Wenger : What does it say?
Steve Bould : It says lol arsenal is poo poo

ftfy

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

'Arry posted:

He [Taarabt] is not injured. He’s not fit. He’s not fit to play football unfortunately. He played in a reserve game the other day and I could have run about more than he did. I can’t pick him. I pick people who want to try, who deserve to be at a good football club like QPR, who come in every day and want to work, train and show a good attitude. When he starts doing that, if he ever can do it, maybe he’ll get a game.

We've got two or three of them but 99 per cent of the other lads … I've got a fantastic group of lads here, absolutely superb. I've just been asked a question [about Taarabt]. I can't keep protecting people, who don’t want to run about and train, and are about three stone overweight. What am I supposed to keep saying? Keep getting your 60, 70 grand a week and don't train? What's the game coming to?

I love Taraabt

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Sorry, how loving much does Taarabt earn?

Sixty grand for a player who is a proven failure in the prem. Magnificent. Definitely not 'Arry's fault. He'll need to speak to the chairman. He's not got the players.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Good loving God, did they literally not learn a god drat thing from relegation?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Is there not some kinds of stipulations in contracts about fitness levels? If you can't finish level 15 or whatever on your bleep test you don't get paid that month.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Hoops posted:

Is there not some kinds of stipulations in contracts about fitness levels? If you can't finish level 15 or whatever on your bleep test you don't get paid that month.

absolutely, Redknapp himself used them to great effect with Ruddock.

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

Didn't taarabt play decent at Milan last year? He probably doesn't give a gently caress about playing for redknapp

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Wirth1000 posted:

Good loving God, did they literally not learn a god drat thing from relegation?

He's still on his contract from 2012

Honestly though this business about needing to meet the asking price for him is ridiculous -- if there's a team that's actually willing to take him on, let him go, he's garbage

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Mannone has refunded all of the travelling Sunderland fans from his own pocket.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

serious gaylord posted:

Mannone has refunded all of the travelling Sunderland fans from his own pocket.

I feel sort of bad for him - he was absolutely at fault for a couple of goals but there was a point where the defence and midfield completely gave up and he was left to fend for himself.

Nice gesture to make though. I wonder if Poyet forced him to do it.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

jooky posted:

Didn't taarabt play decent at Milan last year? He probably doesn't give a gently caress about playing for redknapp

He was really good. He was moaning all summer about wanting to stay with Milan, guess he's just trying to pout his way out of QPR now.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

It's great. He's not even in good shape for a normal person, much less than a professional athlete.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Table's starting to shape up nicely now. The best four teams in the CL spots, Europa League teams in 5th-7th, then a big slide of shite all the way down to last-place QPR.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 20, 2014

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Hoops posted:

Table's starting to shape up nicely now. The top 4 in the CL spots, Europa League teams in 5th-7th, then a big slide of shite all the way down to last-place QPR.

Our strikers started scoring and we're in the top four

imagine that :smuggo: can expand and fill your screen

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

blue footed boobie posted:

It's great. He's not even in good shape for a normal person, much less than a professional athlete.

you serious?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

blue footed boobie posted:

Looks like Drake

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

African AIDS cum posted:

Looks like Drake

Leon Best

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

vyelkin posted:

Leon Best

Agreed.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Taraabt was really good for Milan, one of the only players out in the pitch who looked like he wanted to win games. Galliani and Berlusconi were just too cheap to pay up. I feel bad for him but getting fat and pouting around like an rear end isn't going to get him anywhere.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
It'll get him closer to the last punch he needs for his free 1/2 chicken at Nando's.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Gigi Galli posted:

Taraabt was really good for Milan, one of the only players out in the pitch who looked like he wanted to win games. Galliani and Berlusconi were just too cheap to pay up. I feel bad for him but getting fat and pouting around like an rear end isn't going to get him anywhere.

It worked for Destro.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

So that's a done deal then.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Typical arsenal fan tbh, checked wikipedia to see what clubs he's meant to dislike

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
#Poldi #aha lmao

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Must be a fake twitter account because he didn't use the thumbs up emoji

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

tweeted the polack who plays for Germany

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

mackintosh posted:

tweeted the polack who plays for Germany

which is of course why he would never play for spurs

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

which is of course why he would never play for spurs

I'm sure if he just concentrated enough (a training camp might help), his work rate would be more appealing and free him to move on. He should write a memoir about his struggles, though.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Liverpool have recalled a 20 year old who was on loan at Swindon Town due to how terrible Jose Enrique was. What's going on with Moreno?

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Akileese posted:

Liverpool have recalled a 20 year old who was on loan at Swindon Town due to how terrible Jose Enrique was. What's going on with Moreno?

He's a young kid who can't play in every single game OP. Same deal happening with Manquillo on the right side.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Akileese posted:

There's no indication he's being recalled to play in the first team. Moreno was rested for the game - he was out on the pitch after the match running sprints.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Adel Taraabt posted:

I am a professional - this is not about retaliation, this is about protecting my reputation

I played in that reserve game for 90 minutes and if he didn't think I was running he could have taken me off. Maybe I didn't perform like I could because it was a reserve team game and I was protecting myself.

My job is to create, bring goals to the team. Maybe he expects me to make more tackles. I am not this type of player. I can only get fitness playing Premier League. You can train six or seven hours, but you won't be fit.

The training sessions aren't the same standard as Milan, or what I would expect under another manager

They are not as intense, the players aren't as motivated. It is the same as we used to do at Tottenham years ago. When we played West Ham he told the players "you're not fit, you're not this, you're not that".

I said 'but the problem is we don't have any plan in the game, we don't know how to press as a team’. It's not about just running around, you need to play with your brain.

After West Ham he said all of the team is not fit. After Liverpool, because the performance was so good, he said everything was perfect. What, in one week, he changed the fitness? Impossible.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

taarabt saying what we've known about Harry all along is some win. I have no idea how he got Spurs into the champions league

• Locked thread