Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
theyre approaching Georgia levels of 'woe is me'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Thoguh posted:

I'd love to see Florida play Wazzu this season.

I feel more confident we could blow out Florida than Colorado

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I'm gonna watch like 40 straight years of Ferentzs and I gotta listen to y'all whine about a couple seasons of ugly boring football. That's the only football I've ever known aside from 2002. Brad Banks was a beautiful football unicorn.

I gotta figure out a way to make a billion dollars so I can become a major booster and force them to throw a bunch of money at Holgo. Any advice on how to make this happen welcome.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 20, 2014

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

go3 posted:

theyre approaching Georgia levels of 'woe is me'

Gator Privilege is indeed, strong, but seriously they're absolutely atrocious and there's zero excuse for that program being where it is.

MourningView posted:

I'm gonna watch like 40 straight years of Ferentzs and I gotta listen to y'all whine about a couple seasons of ugly boring football.

I gotta figure out a way to make a billion dollars so I can become a major booster and force them to throw a bunch of money at Holgo. Any advice on how to make this happen welcome.

You can have him for what you're paying Kirk.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

You can have him for what you're paying Kirk.

This completely unrealistic dream is the only thing that keeps me watching football.

Bring The Air Raid Home.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MourningView posted:

This completely unrealistic dream is the only thing that keeps me watching football.

Bring The Air Raid Home.

Eh. I think if someone offers him more money than we're paying him, he'd listen. You just need to get your AD inline.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Mississippi State: Where undefeated seasons go to die.

Quoting this for your loss later this season.

Allahu Snackbar
Apr 16, 2003

I came all the way from Taipei today, now Bangkok's pissin' rain and I'm goin' blind again.
By drubbing Texas A&M 59-0, Nick Saban has now joined notable coaches such as Bob Stoops and Santa Ana with impressive shutouts against Texan teams.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Crotch Bat posted:

It would still technically be correct

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Allahu Snackbar posted:

By drubbing Texas A&M 59-0, Nick Saban has now joined notable coaches such as Bob Stoops and Santa Ana with impressive shutouts against Texan teams.

And they didn't even manage to steal Nick Saban's leg.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I fully expect Bama to run the table and win the national title again because there is no god.

Thanks again for your help last Saturday

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

http://www.onlygators.com/10/20/2014/florida-gators-ad-jeremy-foley-on-will-muschamp-we-will-continue-to-evaluate-the-season/

Jeremy Foley not evaluating coaching staff until after season lol.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

To be fair that's pretty standard stuff to hear from an AD when a coach and staff is under fire. It doesn't do him any good to condemn them at this point.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah I am sure he's already made up his mind.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Here's a stupid idea: Let's say that Foley decides to go in the polar opposite direction after Muschamp, i.e. previous HC experience and an offensive guy. Would Holgo the Magnificent be in play?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Eh. I think if someone offers him more money than we're paying him, he'd listen. You just need to get your AD inline.

It's not unrealistic because I don't think he'd consider it. I don't think he's particularly tied to WVU and we have the money to outbid them (and maybe a homecoming factor if he's into that at all). We'd just never actually do it in a million years. Kirk is coaching out his contract and then we're going to hire his son.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

Here's a stupid idea: Let's say that Foley decides to go in the polar opposite direction after Muschamp, i.e. previous HC experience and an offensive guy. Would Holgo the Magnificent be in play?

As I just ntoed, I think if you flash a bunch of money at him, yes. He's pretty much maxed out salary wise here. I am fairly certain you have better options. Frankly while I am really happy with some of the growth we've seen from him this season as a head coach -- there are a lot better options.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Yeah I am sure he's already made up his mind.

''But I'm a big believer in the saying that if something needs to be done eventually, it needs to be done immediately,'' he said.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I fully expect Bama to run the table and win the national title again because there is no god.

hail satan

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

nachos posted:

''But I'm a big believer in the saying that if something needs to be done eventually, it needs to be done immediately,'' he said.

"Mack Brown is our coach."

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Scionix posted:

hail satan

hush you.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

MourningView posted:

It's not unrealistic because I don't think he'd consider it. I don't think he's particularly tied to WVU and we have the money to outbid them (and maybe a homecoming factor if he's into that at all). We'd just never actually do it in a million years. Kirk is coaching out his contract and then we're going to hire his son.
What's Ferentz's buyout at now? It's close to the GDP of Colombia, I presume?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

C. Everett Koop posted:

Mack Brown

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Trast posted:

ND fans continued tears over their team blatantly shooting themselves in the foot has been great. :allears:

ND fans are an insufferable bunch. But I have to say, their reaction is surprisingly muted compared to what I thought it would be. And to be honest, they're reacting about the same as any fanbase would if that poo poo happened to them.

I got over it pretty quickly because I realized that if Notre Dame wins out that its pretty likely that they're in the playoffs.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Has Holgrosen's stock risen that much with people? Don't get me wrong, I never turned on the guy, but that was a pretty fast rise for a guy who was just on the hot seat not too long ago.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ExplodeYourself posted:

Has Holgrosen's stock risen that much with people? Don't get me wrong, I never turned on the guy, but that was a pretty fast rise for a guy who was just on the hot seat not too long ago.

People have short memories and he will likely be off the list after Saturday when we lay a big'ole egg.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Apparently Herbie Husker can take his hat off? :stonk:

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
The same hairstyle sported by men from Falls City to Scottsbluff

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

the smile somehow gets creepier without the hat :stonk:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Gator Privilege is indeed, strong, but seriously they're absolutely atrocious and there's zero excuse for that program being where it is.

Yep.

We've gone from incredible football to absolutely abysmal football in less than 5 years.

I'm not expecting any sympathy, but goddrat this team is unwatchable. I've said it a million times--I can take a fair bit of losing if it's watchable. This is dreck. This is worse than dreck. It's like dragging the head of your dick across a cheese grater.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

What's Ferentz's buyout at now? It's close to the GDP of Colombia, I presume?

I don't even remember but it's a shitload and the AD loves him. He's good for awhile.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

swizz posted:

Yeah, no freaking kidding. Florida will win the national championship in the next five years and we'll be treated to a bootstraps story the likes which we have never seen

Yup. I actually don't hate Florida football and happen to dislike their basketball/baseball programs much more, but I cannot bring myself to care about this. I understand why they're upset and I'm sure I would be too if I were in their position, but the pity party (and not necessarily just in TFF; in general, as well) is getting a little out of control.

I also just want to keep laughing about how Jeff Driskel was tabbed MOST LIKELY BREAKOUT PLAYER OF THE YEAR every preseason for like three years running. It must rule to be a program that always has the benefit of the doubt, even in the face of hard evidence otherwise.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 20, 2014

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

RumbleFish posted:

Yup. I actually don't hate Florida football and happen to dislike their basketball/baseball programs much more, but I cannot bring myself to care about this. I understand why they're upset and I'm sure I would be too if I were in their position, but the pity party (not necessarily in TFF; moreso in general) is getting a little out of control.

I also just want to keep laughing about how Jeff Driskel was tabbed MOST LIKELY BREAKOUT PLAYER OF THE YEAR every preseason for like three years running.

I actually find it funny more so than frustrating, what is more annoying to me is getting stuck with a coach who is just good enough to keep his job but isn't really good enough to win championships. Once it was clear Muschamp wasn't the guy I just laughed with the rest of America at the hi jinx and started speculating about the next coach.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

LeeMajors posted:

Yep.

We've gone from incredible football to absolutely abysmal football in less than 5 years.

I'm not expecting any sympathy, but goddrat this team is unwatchable. I've said it a million times--I can take a fair bit of losing if it's watchable. This is dreck. This is worse than dreck. It's like dragging the head of your dick across a cheese grater.
Florida football is watchable in the same way that 3-2 and 6-4 are football classics.

Muschamp...or Duchamp?

E: floridafootball.jpg

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Oct 20, 2014

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Lasagna Pilot posted:

I actually find it funny more so than frustrating, what is more annoying to me is getting stuck with a coach who is just good enough to keep his job but isn't really good enough to win championships. Once it was clear Muschamp wasn't the guy I just laughed with the rest of America at the hi jinx and started speculating about the next coach.

Yeah, that 11-2 season was pretty much the worst thing that could have happened for y'all. That was the definition of smoke and mirrors if I've ever seen it.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Crotch Bat posted:

Some advanced stats website gave us a 65% chance of winning @Bama and a 35% chance of winning @OM and a 15% chance of finishing the regular season undefeated, so I won't be shocked if we fall to one of those two because that sounds about right to me.

I am just enjoying the moment and noting that ruining 6 seasons in 6 consecutive games is fun because it is really nice to be on the opposite side of this for once.

How mad would you be if we got to make a national title trophy case before you filled yours up?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

RumbleFish posted:

Yeah, that 11-2 season was pretty much the worst thing that could have happened for y'all. That was the definition of smoke and mirrors if I've ever seen it.

Ahh yes the Brady Hoke maneuver.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

RumbleFish posted:

Wasn't that season where 'decided schematic advantage' came from? I swear I read that somewhere under Weis. Maybe someone had that as a red text.

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.
the whole Muschamp thing is astoundingly close to the Matt Doherty saga at UNC, even their personalities are the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tide posted:

Wasn't that season where 'decided schematic advantage' came from? I swear I read that somewhere under Weis. Maybe someone had that as a red text.

Might have been red text, decided schematic advantage came when he was hired at Notre Dame didn't it?

e: Looking it up it looks like the 11-2 season came the year after Weis was at Florida

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Oct 20, 2014

• Locked thread