Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I wanted to see a turkey basted. Also I was drunk and I wanted to see what reactions it garnered. But you were the only person who really cared. ##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Somberbrero posted:

Epsilon, I haven't responded to you because I feel it is a waste of my time, frankly. I am usually busy on weekends and you're not arguing in good faith. The idea that I'm unfairly focused on you is very silly, but something that you've been able to capitalize on effectively. You say that even when you scumhunt I'm all over you for no reason, and people buy into the emotionality of that because you're newer and I'm traditionally kind of a dickhead. I'm tired into playing into this negative feedback loop.

However, I would continue to argue that you have never sincerely tried to find scum, even your best efforts this game have been overwrought non-sequiturs. Even now you're voting me for what, being 'wrong?' I'm legitimately asking, I stopped actually reading your posts because I don't need to. If I need to actually go line-by-line on why none of your posts host sensible town positions, that's something I can do tomorrow. I just doubt that anyone will read it.

Hurt what are you doing? Why the 180?

I'd actually find that post interesting, so please make it. I legitimately don't believe you've had good enough reasons thus far for zeroing in on EP, so a decent post outlining your case would be nice.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Deadline is in 5 hours hello hello who wants to talk???

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hi sorry i'm training the new guy at work, I don't have a lot of time. I started working on a post six hours ago let me see if I still have it.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Unless you guys plan on following me for Somber I'll be voting Opop before deadline to attempt to avoid another goddamn no-lynch. I'm not really feeling anyone else (maybe pmom and the barest sliver of doubt on Hurt)

Also loving lol at Somber who still can't even slap a vote on me down, are you just waiting to hammer me for the satisfaction of it or?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I guess let's talk about this post first, if for no reason other than it is the most recent.

Epsilon Plus posted:

mfcrocker is posting and therefore... *activates Somberbrero Logic Inversion Gate* ... Is Scum ? ! ?

I honestly think Somber's entire argument boils down to "disagrees with me, is scum" or "doesn't post the way I post, is scum". Notice that he only starts suspecting mfcrocker after mfcrocker calls him out on tunneling me? He's basically ignored counterarguments to anything he's said. He's spent every game day trying to kill me and his short list is a cycle of me and four other people.

It's just wrong to say that I voted Crocker for disagreeing with me. Crocker disagreed with me day one, notice that I wasn't voting him then.

Here is why I think Crocker is scum.

1) Backs off tithin in an awkward way.

2) Crocker has been pretending like he's actually trying to contribute to lynches when each day, his contribution has consisted of voting me apropos nothing. This makes him look active enough to avoid suspicion and ensures that he doesn't get caught saying something out-and-out incorrect or using scummy logic, like Epsilon.

3) Crocker's reasoning does not make much sense from a town perspective, but it makes a lot of sense from a scum perspective. I want to be clear, the things that Crocker is saying do not make sense if he is town.

So, clearly I was not voting Crocker because I disagree with him. Regardless of whether or not you agree with me, my reasoning is clear. How is it that Epsilon could have drawn the conclusion that I am not only a big meany contrarian, but also scum.

I don't know why Epsilon would imply otherwise. His entire game is emotional appeal after emotional appeal.

I'd ask anyone whose eyes haven't glazed over this: "Do you think that I was pushing Crocker because he disagreed with me? Do you think that's a valid interpretation of my posting if you don't think that? If you don't think that I was pushing Crocker because he disagreed with me and you don't see how someone could have interpreted it that way, why are you not voting Epsilon?"

Epsilon Plus posted:

Bullshit. You're better than that. You should at least have a guess when you've spent every other day naming two or three people. We'd be finding scum if Somber turned his talents towards someone else; there's no doubt he's a good mafia player and if he was more willing to look at someone else we'd be much further along. Instead, he's focused on me to the extent that I don't think he's even really considering other scum other than throwing out half-assed guesses. The fact that the only scum death this game was caused by other scum is worrying.

Just read this out loud.

So I am wrong to pursue two people as scum, because I should pursue ~two or three people~ as scum. Those are Epsilon's words. I am, however, pursuing two candidates as scum, so consider me confused.

Also, I'm better than that? Better than what? Epsilon has played two other games with me, one where I did pretty well as town and another where I couldn't get him lynched as scum. How is it that I'm a good mafia player taking that into consideration?

Right now Epsilon is voting me. Look up to that last paragraph. There's a bunch of handwringing and repeated inferences to the idea that I'm town, but wrong. How does that make any sense?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Somberbrero posted:

2) Crocker has been pretending like he's actually trying to contribute to lynches when each day, his contribution has consisted of voting me apropos nothing.

:psyduck: this falls down to even the basic look at my post history in this thread or, say, Votefinder

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
You've had your vote on me at the end of the last two days previous. It was useless day one, I wasn't a candidate at all. Day two it works out slightly better since for whatever reason I was one of the two vote leaders, but you still weren't able to switch to the right candidate(Ep had two more votes I think) within a fairly large window. I don't think we could have lynched regardless but the point stands.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm not even pushing for you today Crocker. I'll definitely compromise lynch you because you're probably scum, but I'd like to lynch Epsilon. That post was made for your benefit, you asked for a more in-depth read of Epsilon.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I'm still happy to vote for Epsilon. I thought he was the right candidate yesterday.

##vote Epsilon Plus

Sorry I haven't been around much. I have a friend visiting from overseas.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Epsilon talked about how I could move this game in the right direction if I just ~stopped tunneling him~ but what has Epsilon done this game? He's voted me and made a crazy person case on tithin. That is it! Oh, wait, he also joined the Apostate bandwagon.

I have been completely right this game on flips and have pushed votes away from town players all game. AC was town. Kerro was town. tithin was town. Capps was scum. I called all of those and you must think I am scum playing for credit or I am town as hell. I don't believe Epsilon has given nearly convincing enough reason to think I am scum.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Right now Epsilon is voting me. Look up to that last paragraph. There's a bunch of handwringing and repeated inferences to the idea that I'm town, but wrong. How does that make any sense?

I'm sorry, I thought it would be in poor taste to mention that I think you're the scummiest, which is why I'm voting you. I admit I could be wrong, because I am not the most skilled, but you are currently my best choice. I thought it was obvious that I was voting you because I think you are most likely scum, and that is generally how you go about playing Mafia. I'll be sure to insult everyone's intelligence next time.

I am phoneposting and as such cannot reply to everything but I would like to point this out: Somber, despite being apparently 100% sure on me, still hasn't voted for me. What is the deal there?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Somberbrero posted:

You've had your vote on me at the end of the last two days previous. It was useless day one, I wasn't a candidate at all. Day two it works out slightly better since for whatever reason I was one of the two vote leaders, but you still weren't able to switch to the right candidate(Ep had two more votes I think) within a fairly large window. I don't think we could have lynched regardless but the point stands.

Hammer day 2 was at ridiculous o'clock for me, and by your own admission you were a candidate for lynch. If I'd been awake at hammer, I'd have obviously moved over.

It's rather odd that you think that makes me scummy instead of, say, one of the people who didn't vote at all.

Somberbrero posted:

I'm not even pushing for you today Crocker. I'll definitely compromise lynch you because you're probably scum, but I'd like to lynch Epsilon. That post was made for your benefit, you asked for a more in-depth read of Epsilon.

I'm aware you're not pushing directly for me today, but you are continuing to try and paint me as scummy with lovely reasoning. I do appreciate the post on Epsilon but it didn't really convince me of much more than the dude being new - he's really not acting the same as Role Mafia where it was as clear as day that he was scum.

Also Fiery do some work or get lynched

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Somberbrero posted:

I have been completely right this game on flips and have pushed votes away from town players all game. AC was town. Kerro was town. tithin was town. Capps was scum. I called all of those and you must think I am scum playing for credit or I am town as hell. I don't believe Epsilon has given nearly convincing enough reason to think I am scum.

I went to check if this was true and yeah, this is a decent point. If you are scummy, then congrats on building up some town cred with me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mfcrocker posted:

Hammer day 2 was at ridiculous o'clock for me, and by your own admission you were a candidate for lynch. If I'd been awake at hammer, I'd have obviously moved over.

It's rather odd that you think that makes me scummy instead of, say, one of the people who didn't vote at all.

I'm much less suspicious of someone who doesn't try at all, it indicates they aren't interested in looking good, which is not scummy.

Regardless, this is one point of several. I'm not going to put more work into this today when I'm still on Epsilon. Make a better argument for someone else if you disagree with me or get on board. There aren't a lot of other people playing this game and we need all hands on deck.

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'm sorry, I thought it would be in poor taste to mention that I think you're the scummiest, which is why I'm voting you. I admit I could be wrong, because I am not the most skilled, but you are currently my best choice. I thought it was obvious that I was voting you because I think you are most likely scum, and that is generally how you go about playing Mafia. I'll be sure to insult everyone's intelligence next time.

I am phoneposting and as such cannot reply to everything but I would like to point this out: Somber, despite being apparently 100% sure on me, still hasn't voted for me. What is the deal there?

It doesn't matter when I vote for you. I can vote for you whenever. I'm not fighting another vote candidate because no one cares. Here, ##vote Epsilon. What would you infer about my alignment from that action?

If you can honestly sum up the above post I made as "Epsilon is scum because Epsilon is scum" then I'm not sure what to say to you. That seems blatantly dishonest.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Somberbrero posted:

I'm much less suspicious of someone who doesn't try at all, it indicates they aren't interested in looking good, which is not scummy.

Regardless, this is one point of several. I'm not going to put more work into this today when I'm still on Epsilon. Make a better argument for someone else if you disagree with me or get on board. There aren't a lot of other people playing this game and we need all hands on deck.

I'm still very very happy with my vote, but I'll definitely be getting involved. I really don't want another no-lynch tonight :(

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mfcrocker posted:

I'm still very very happy with my vote, but I'll definitely be getting involved. I really don't want another no-lynch tonight :(

It's been a long day, would you mind giving me the bullet-points on Opopanax?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh wait, he's voting you sorry. I don't think you're voting anyone?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

mfcrocker posted:

Also Fiery do some work or get lynched

I have and no.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Somberbrero posted:

Oh wait, he's voting you sorry. I don't think you're voting anyone?

Haha, I made the same mistake as you and thought I'd voted him.

Basically, he's done gently caress all except bandwagon vote. No scumhunting, nothing. I can't find a post here that helps town at all

##vote Opopanax because apparently I hadn't

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah I agree with that assessment actually. Or rather, I definitely think Opop hasn't helped town but I don't think that necessitates him as scum.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah I agree with that assessment actually. Or rather, I definitely think Opop hasn't helped town but I don't think that necessitates him as scum.

It definitely doesn't make him dyed-in-the-wool scum but it does make me not want him to be in the game. I see it as a pretty safe lynch; at worst, we get rid of a town that isn't contributing, at best we get rid of a scum that's trying to dart under the radar.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm the only one voting you, I don't think that's a bandwagon. If i were voting EP that would be a bandwagon.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Opopanax posted:

I'm the only one voting you, I don't think that's a bandwagon. If i were voting EP that would be a bandwagon.

I'm an easy vote - there's been pressure on me from other players for a couple of days now.

Face it, you've done no actual scumhunting or even contributed anything to other people's cases.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Opopanax posted:

How is that a bandwagon? FV and I have been voting Epsilon for days.

do you have no reaction to any recent content?

mfcrocker posted:

It definitely doesn't make him dyed-in-the-wool scum but it does make me not want him to be in the game. I see it as a pretty safe lynch; at worst, we get rid of a town that isn't contributing, at best we get rid of a scum that's trying to dart under the radar.

Yeah I like your reasoning here, you're not wrong. I'm just worried that town can quickly put itself into a nearly unwinnable situation if we off a quiet town and I feel better about my reasoning. Let me think on this.

Eight alive, if both kills go through on town, which is still more likely than not, and we lynch town, that's five alive with three scum. That situation might be winnable, I think, but it's not somewhere I want to be.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'd switch to Opop, I was happy to vote him yesterday. I'd also like people to look at my post on Hurt from yesterday (the case is reasonably similar to the one on Opop). I'd be happy with a lynch on Hurt today as well.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

From yesterday

fiery_valkyrie posted:

##vote Dr Hurt

A read of his post history shows he's made a couple of weak opinions on people being scummy, but he never backs it up with votes or attempts to get those people lynched. He criticises the play of others but doesn't make alignment calls based on it. There is no scum hunting effort in his posts.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

From yesterday

He's been low content posting a fair bit but to say he's anything as bad as Opop is a hell of a stretch

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

It's been a long day, would you mind giving me the bullet-points on Opopanax?

Here is the bullet point on Opop:

*He's doing his Opop thing of posting no content.
*He's stuck a vote on Crocker and said "welp that's it for the day" and propped up his feet on Little Opop's head so he could relax and watch the hockey game.

He says he's voting Crocker because of

quote:

mfcrocker posted:
Somberbrero, I hate your reactions to that post. You've put a ton of pressure on EP and, in my view, he hasn't really buckled to it (whereas last game he got very obviously scummily upset).

You've made this entire game about you and him so far, and one of you needs to die. I choose you.

##vote Somberbrero
this post

and gut. That's the entirety of his posting. And that's the entirety of people's cases 'gainst Opop.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dr. Hurt posted:

and propped up his feet on Little Opop's head so he could relax and watch the hockey game.

I misread that and thought I was sitting absurdly cross legged

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'll vote Opop.

(I think him jumping on my dumb flavour spec bandwagon with just "this is possible" is weird?)

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

He's been low content posting a fair bit but to say he's anything as bad as Opop is a hell of a stretch

Yeah at least I'm not Canadian.

Also TT has basically slipped through the cracks all game with callouts and sports talks and that stinks. Taste I wanna play mafia with you why are you hiding. WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Well then let's lynch Opop.

##vote Opop

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I said I'd be around before deadline and I will

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Okay ##vote Opopanax

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

you're welcome

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I think I could have been wrong on Crocker. It's easy enough to take his posts about of context and I like his reasoning as of late.

I will say that Opop does this every game. If your thinking is that he's likely town but it's not a great loss, I'd ask you to consider how screwed we are if Opopanax is town and two town kills go through tonight. I dunno, I'll swerve to avoid a no-lynch but every day Epsilon continues to breath, a little more of my lifeforce drains away. At this point I would rather be proven wrong than continue to wonder.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

I said I'd be around before deadline and I will

Taste pulls through!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I do not :colbert: I just don't invent stuff as town and as a result I post enough to get noticed, but not enough to not get called a lurker, unless I find something and latch onto it.

• Locked thread