Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

ManifunkDestiny posted:

He's right though. Parity means that mediocre teams can now be called a "dynasty."

Who cares

Pro click zone - an NYT reporter watches game 6 with Bumgarner's dad in NC. His dad rules so much.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/31/s...v=top-news&_r=0

quote:

“Not all the Bumgarners are cousins, but most are,” Kevin said. “It’s not like we’re inbred.” He gave a slantwise smile, looking out of the corner of his eye. “It’s not that bad.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

zakharov posted:

Who cares

Pro click zone - an NYT reporter watches game 6 with Bumgarner's dad in NC. His dad rules so much.

I saw this earlier. I loved the line about Madison "trying to steal a steak off the devil's plate."

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
N:

V:
HOF Manager

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 30, 2014

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Waltzing Along posted:

N:

V:
HOF Manager

V: gently caress you all I hate this game.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

N:

V:
HOF Manager

Oh god my tables

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
that table had a family

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

zakharov posted:

Who cares

That is the pro-est of clicks and chock full of premium grade unironic :allears:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

6 years is probably enough time to learn how to use image thumbnails.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Randy Johnson is a photographer now

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/randy-johnson-knotfest-photos-20141030

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

He's been doing it for a while now but doing the slipknot festival is great.

http://rj51photos.com/

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Here's a final or near to final word on the Royals situation and my stance towards them. As you all know I decided to cheer against them pretty hard in the world series due to their conduct in the ALCS. I was criticized for this for several reasons one of which being that trash talk is part of the game. And that's certainly true but the thing is you can't have it both ways. If you're going to trash talk teams when you beat them you have to expect their fans to get mad over it and want to see that team lose. That's just how it is. Look at the Seattle Seahawks and Richard Sherman he talks trash about everyone so the teams in their division and such want to see them lose. Now I like him because he reminds me of the 2000 Ravens team. That team talked trash too and people hated them. But you have to own it when you do that. You can't be everyone's darling if you're going to talk trash even if your franchise hasn't won for a long time. Now they didn't do that to everyone but they did do it to the Orioles so you have to expect some Orioles fans like me are gonna have the reaction we did.

So I think that's the last I'll say on this. I shouldn't have much more to say on this Royals team because I feel the current team makeup will be dissolved sooner than later after this performance and that franchise's inability to spend money.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Kawalimus posted:

So I think that's the last I'll say on this.

I sure hope so.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Thom P. Tiers posted:

He's been doing it for a while now but doing the slipknot festival is great.

http://rj51photos.com/

Ha! That is a wonderful logo for him to use.

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

My name is Buck, and I'm here to fuck

Kawalimus posted:

Here's a final or near to final word on the Royals situation and my stance towards them. As you all know I decided to cheer against them pretty hard in the world series due to their conduct in the ALCS. I was criticized for this for several reasons one of which being that trash talk is part of the game. And that's certainly true but the thing is you can't have it both ways. If you're going to trash talk teams when you beat them you have to expect their fans to get mad over it and want to see that team lose. That's just how it is. Look at the Seattle Seahawks and Richard Sherman he talks trash about everyone so the teams in their division and such want to see them lose. Now I like him because he reminds me of the 2000 Ravens team. That team talked trash too and people hated them. But you have to own it when you do that. You can't be everyone's darling if you're going to talk trash even if your franchise hasn't won for a long time. Now they didn't do that to everyone but they did do it to the Orioles so you have to expect some Orioles fans like me are gonna have the reaction we did.

So I think that's the last I'll say on this. I shouldn't have much more to say on this Royals team because I feel the current team makeup will be dissolved sooner than later after this performance and that franchise's inability to spend money.

I was sitting here all day wondering when you were going to provide the final word on the Royals situation and your stance towards them. Thank you.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

I am breaking my own admonition because I feel obligated to inform you that nobody loving cares

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Randy is really good at photography. I love all the travel photos he's taken over the past couple of years.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Kawalimus posted:

I love this sort of inane stream of consciousness take, it's like a window in to the mind of Billy from Glen Burnie that I never wanted.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Pastrymancy posted:

Randy is really good at photography. I love all the travel photos he's taken over the past couple of years.

A lot of the band photos in that slideshow aren't particularly noteworthy, but if I was at a concert and saw Randy Johnson wandering around I would lose my poo poo.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Inspector_666 posted:

A lot of the band photos in that slideshow aren't particularly noteworthy, but if I was at a concert and saw Randy Johnson wandering around I would lose my poo poo.

The 'People and Places' one has an odd mix of some kind of interesting candid portraits of people and then garish eye-bleeding HDR nonsense.

Suddenly I want to shoot the poo poo about cameras with Randy.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

And here's my final hot take on the Royals: *farts for 3 consecutive minutes*

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
RE: That guy in the other thread who was claiming Bumgarner's arm was gonna fall off after pitching so much:

Look, I saw Robb Nen almost literally die on the mound. MadBum's gonna be fine.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
N:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eChayxKtLhU

V:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

edit: better version

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 30, 2014

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

Colonel Whitey posted:

edit: better version

Ok, you got me, what the gently caress is this?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Ok, you got me, what the gently caress is this?

Watch the video in the post above mine

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
N: Koji Uehara re-signs on a 2 year deal
V: :unsmith:

e: reportedly 2 years $18M

Crimson Sox fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 30, 2014

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I love that he uses the bird he exploded as his logo.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

Crimson Sox posted:

N: Koji Uehara re-signs on a 2 year deal
V: :unsmith:

e: reportedly 2 years $18M

Good for Koji, I hope he bounces back to closer to 2013 form. Or even first half 2014.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Knotfest sounds like a gathering of midwesterners and their dogs at the airport Marriot ballroom. Closed doors, invitation only.

Kundus
Oct 30, 2014
N: Fielding Bible winners announced. Woo.

Fielding Bible posted:

Multi-Position – Lorenzo Cain
First Base – Adrian Gonzalez
Second Base – Dustin Pedroia
Third Base – Josh Donaldson
Shortstop – Andrelton Simmons
Left Field – Alex Gordon
Center Field – Juan Lagares
Right Field – Jason Heyward
Catcher – Jonathan Lucroy
Pitcher – Dallas Keuchel

And if you watched Lorenzo Cain go get ‘em in the World Series, you’ll be glad that for the first time ever The Fielding Bible Awards have added a 10th category this year: the Multi-Position award. Players like Cain who exhibit defensive excellence at multiple positions will now be recognized each year. The inaugural winner of this award is (drum role here)…the Kansas City Royals’ multiple-position defender Lorenzo Cain, who beat out Ben Zobrist of the Tampa Bay Rays by three points.

V: Can't really argue with the names. Also, the nice thing about bestowing honors that no one cares about is you can change the rules whenever you wish.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

I think that's the first time I've seen Pedroia's name in like seven months. What happened to that guy?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Dallas Keuchel aw yeah

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"

Kawalimus posted:

Kawalimizing

I find your posting literally troubling. Like I occasionally get into a discussion about mental health with a coworker or something and explain who you are.

It's actually scary that you think people are awaiting your take on things.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Kinsler was robbed of this meaningless honor.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Dr. Tommy John posted:

I find your posting literally troubling. Like I occasionally get into a discussion about mental health with a coworker or something and explain who you are.

This is equally weird behavior FYI.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

This is equally weird behavior FYI.

Fully aware of that.

But when discussing people who view themselves as the center of the universe it comes to mind fairly quickly.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

I put Kawalimus on my ignore list a long time ago and have been perfectly content ever since so

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dr. Tommy John posted:

It's actually scary that you think people are awaiting your take on things.

Sever and get therapy.

e: Oh, is this not E/N? My bad.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
You guys spend way too much time talking about Kawalimus. You should talk about baseball. Like how the Royals are already dismantling their nascent dynasty by trading Liam Hendriks to Toronto for [probably a catcher, allegedly].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kundus
Oct 30, 2014

Hand Knit posted:

You guys spend way too much time talking about Kawalimus. You should talk about baseball. Like how the Royals are already dismantling their nascent dynasty by trading Liam Hendriks to Toronto for [probably a catcher, allegedly].

Royals went 1-3 after he got DFA'd. loving DAYTON
I bet Gordon would've tried for home AND BEEN SAFE if Hendriks were still on the roster!

(I tried.)

Other baseball things. Tis the option season. Bunch of obvious pick-ups and declines, the most interesting to me is Markakis, whose $17MM option was declined, $2MM buyout. Is he still going to get a qualifying offer though? If it plays out anything like the QO game we've seen in the past he'll be extended one, decline it, then sign a team-friendly deal once his value's been trashed by having a draft pick attached to his cost. Some teams have been hesitant to extend the offer, though, apparently afraid the player will take the contract. Which they never do, right? Maybe I'm overrating Markakis's value. The only defense I have is, well, Kendrys Morales.

If I were in the front office I'd probably be okay extending the offer. If I were advising Markakis I'd tell him to jump on that offer. Neither seems likely. But I dunno.

• Locked thread