Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Al Cowens posted:

*bends down and pokes third world child in his distended stomach* Aww did I hurt your precious fee-fees? Did you booboo your cissy froo-froos? Did you bruise your precious tee-taws? Did you zelp your frangus? Did you twerv your pretty little mushytush? Well guess what, no one curr. Why dont you go cry about it with your cis-het kyrio-clique over there *points to hut of dying ebola patients*

haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
someone said cats and dogs can’t date why not? im a goddamn Dragonfae and my lifemate is a cyborg, how much more interspecies could you get?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Captain Mog posted:

I have to wonder... what kinds of entertainment do these people enjoy? TV shows and movies surely make them irrationally angry, most books are out aside from strange fantasy poo poo, I don't really watch anime so I can't comment on that. Is it just anime?

What I'm really asking is how these people even function in modern society. Are they those people you see sitting in the corner of the student center with Soul-Eater hoodies and fake fox tails and snot green hair?

also I'm glad I'm not the only human being who thinks benedict cumberbatch is ugly as sin

The television shows Supernatural, Sherlock and new Dr. Who. Anime flavor of the month. They probably like Nightmare Before Christmas but have never seen it; they liked The Labyrinth and have seen it too many times. Lol if you think they've read anything since Harry Potter ended, or more challenging than The Bell Jar.

I can get some of their squishy fascination with the Supernatural guys since they're All-American cornbread square-jawed brooding badboys with lots of emotional baggage. David Tennant and Martin Freeman are even mildly handsome and such loving quippy goofballs that teenage girls can't help it. But Bendendierch Cumebreabtch and Matt Smith are almost gruesome.

EDIT: Also wanted to point out that this is the demographic that enjoys Adventure Time and Regular Show totally sober and unironically, besides small children and KC Green.

DOUBLE EDIT: I don't want to think about the implied homoeroticism in Regular Show.

im cute fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 30, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it totally makes sense that they cast him as a genetically engineered dude in the new star track because he kinda looks like he was produced by imperfect human hands in a lab someplace

I know there was an outcry on tumblr because, you see, Khan is supposed to be Indian, while Bendycum is a posho Brit. Kind of makes sense, I guess, since trekkies are manchildren obsessed with continuity plus there's something to say about racism or whatever. This controversy, however, never got too much spin due to the fact that everyone loves Bendycum.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

paco650 posted:

The television shows Supernatural, Sherlock and new Dr. Who. Anime flavor of the month. They probably like Nightmare Before Christmas but have never seen it; they liked The Labyrinth and have seen it too many times. Lol if you think they've read anything since Harry Potter ended, or more challenging than The Bell Jar.

I can get some of their squishy fascination with the Supernatural guys since they're All-American cornbread square-jawed brooding badboys with lots of emotional baggage. David Tennant and Martin Freeman are even mildly handsome and such loving quippy goofballs that teenage girls can't help it. But Bendendierch Cumebreabtch and Matt Smith are almost gruesome.

For all of these it's the implied homoeroticism. If you wrote in enough implied homoeroticism I bet you could make Wayne Knight and John Goodman into teen sex symbols.

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
i honestly cannot understand why anyone, male or female, could find a brit attractive. they even had colonies to go gently caress someone better looking

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I happen to thing Benedict Cumberbottom is quite handsome.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Paladinus posted:

I know there was an outcry on tumblr because, you see, Khan is supposed to be Indian, while Bendycum is a posho Brit. Kind of makes sense, I guess, since trekkies are manchildren obsessed with continuity plus there's something to say about racism or whatever. This controversy, however, never got too much spin due to the fact that everyone loves Bendycum.

It's tough, because although I dont care about Star Trek, I really do not like Benedict cumberbatch very much, so I'm fine if people want to be offended by him somehow

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

loquacius posted:

For all of these it's the implied homoeroticism. If you wrote in enough implied homoeroticism I bet you could make Wayne Knight and John Goodman into teen sex symbols.

This post implies they aren't already

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I thought they chose a white dude because the character basically flies a space plane into a space tower? (Didn't see the movie)

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I happen to thing Benedict Cumberbottom is quite handsome.
compared to you maybe.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Man Whore posted:

compared to you maybe.

I'm not famous :smith:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Paladinus posted:

But Khan was originally portrayed by a guy from Fan-tasy Island, a latino, which should somehow nullify the debate, I guess?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

http://miriamafloat.tumblr.com/post/100886380945/ill-tell-you-whos-cis

"A person who identifies with the gender they were assigned at birth."

I’m going to lay out a little groundwork first:

1) Gender is a hierarchy dividing the oppressive (males, i.e. men, boys) from the oppressed (females, i.e. women, girls),

2) An individual who embraces self-harm is either mentally ill and/or coping with unbearable circumstances by adapting to it,

3) An individual who is forced into a thing cannot identify with that thing as a rule, because they do not have the choice to refuse this identity.

This excludes all women from being cis, as women are given no choice concerning their position within an oppressive hierarchy.

The only individuals who can be cis are gender-compliant males. Since gender is a hierarchy, it is defined by action and behavior, not merely the symbols of dominance. A man in a dress may be gender non-conforming, but most are still gender compliant.

A male transsexual AKA transwoman may identify as a woman, they may wear a dress, they may not, they may take hormones, they may not, they may have an external penis, they may instead have an inverted penis. In considering the statistics of violence affecting women, these small behaviors of supposed gender non-conformity are all but irrelevant.

What is relevant are the behaviors which contribute directly to the subjugation of women. Threats, harassment, silencing and gaslighting the truth, sexual predation, assault, murder, rape culture, rape and rape and rape…these are the tools of the patriarchy in keeping the oppressed population - females, women, girls - from rising up.

In case you didn’t click on any of the links, I’ll just spoil the surprise - all of the perpetrators are male transsexuals. AKA transwomen. AKA men.

Gender-compliant men, who reinforce female subjugation by participating in violence against women, especially against those women who know the truth and dare to speak it.

Men who identify with the category of oppressor. Even if they claim to be oppressed in order to prevent criticism.

Transwomen are gender-compliant men.

Transwomen are cis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYOlBsls-C0&t=7s

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

mmmh yess i love meaningless abstractions to do sweeping value judgements about human beings. its sweet as golden piss running down my face..,garrrrglle

Tamerlame
Oct 20, 2012

The patriarchy is a living breathing thing that we must protect from the female population with rape.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"Trans women are gender-compliant, which is a term I just made up, because they do MAN things all the time like make threats (cis women never make threats) and rape people (I'm sure they do this all the time, right???) and therefore they're not trans because if you comply to a gender (by constantly raping people and never stopping) you CAN'T be trans. That's just silly. But cis women are trans, because they don't comply with anything, and also what is a 'word', really? I'm an intellectual!"

loquacius fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 31, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Bored posted:

But Khan was originally portrayed by a guy from Fan-tasy Island, a latino, which should somehow nullify the debate, I guess?

Now let me tell you about the expanded universe...

I know nothing about it, but wiki says that there was a book that says he was Indian all along.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
'A transwoman isn't a woman, they are actually a man'

They have literally come full circle here.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Robo Captain posted:

'A transwoman isn't a woman, they are actually a man'

They have literally come full circle here.

Don't forget "women, by definition, are not women, because they were forced to be women somehow, so it doesn't count."

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
More

quote:

This is also why I now call myself a “hypocritical gender abolitionist.” I am a transitioning transsexual. After some deep and honest analysis of myself, it occurs that in all probability I will continue to transition and will pass/assimilate fairly successfully. In doing so, and as a male transsexual who is attracted to other males (and who has decided to eventually obtain penile inversion surgery once he can afford it) I recognize that to outward appearances, I will be a gender-conforming female. This is reifying the gender binary. This is antithetical to my stated desire of living in a world where gender does not exist, and my transition would be entirely unnecessary.

Yet, in that world, I probably would also not have sex dysphoria. I also would not experience autogynephilia. Both together are pretty lovely, and transition alleviates this.
:psyboom:

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

ill destroy tumblr if this doesnt end soon.. ive had it....

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

im going to annihilate you tumblr.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

loquacius posted:

Don't forget "women, by definition, are not women, because they were forced to be women somehow, so it doesn't count."

I was forced to be a man, much like how I was forced to be white with blue eyes and brown hair.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

I support you, SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

The doctors just assumed I was a man because I had a penis.

They were right though, I am pretty comfortable being a man.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Broenheim posted:

I was forced to be a man, much like how I was forced to be white with blue eyes and brown hair.

Yeah I'm not really sure how it works that women are forced by patriarchal genetics to become women but men aren't forced, because I guess they will themselves into existence with pure MANpower, and this is somehow the viewpoint of someone who is NOT sexist

e: Also "gender literally only means privilege and that is it; therefore I guess black people are all women or something???"

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i want to post "im gay"...but how can one be gay without gender O_O

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
All these people think they are like Morpheus from the matrix except they talk about gender instead of philosophical poo poo about machines raping us for energy

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Mighty morphing gender rangers

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

this is nothing wait for when transhumanism is an actual thing and you can buy cybernetics at wal-mart

they will never be offline. live streaming on twitch dot com? nope more like trigger dot com

they will be so, so special. so customized. imagine the psi-blogs :suicide:

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

I have a Tumblr and apparently Homestuck updated because no one will shut the gently caress up about it for two seconds.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SBJ posted:

Mighty morphing gender rangers

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i followed a popular blog about synthesizers but it turned out to actually be about ladies legs next to keyboards, and sometimes vocaloid fanart.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I am actually a transman born into a man's body.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Code Jockey posted:

consider me chrono triggered

This is not getting the love it so deeply deserves.

FultonCountyHealth
Jun 18, 2012

Captain Mog posted:

I have to wonder... what kinds of entertainment do these people enjoy? TV shows and movies surely make them irrationally angry, most books are out aside from strange fantasy poo poo, I don't really watch anime so I can't comment on that. Is it just anime?

What I'm really asking is how these people even function in modern society. Are they those people you see sitting in the corner of the student center with Soul-Eater hoodies and fake fox tails and snot green hair?

also I'm glad I'm not the only human being who thinks benedict cumberbatch is ugly as sin

Media Tumblr Likes:
Nicki Minaj, Beyonce, Marvel movies, American Horror Story, Avatar: The Legend of Korra (except when they throw poo poo fits because they don't know how lighting works), and The Hunger Games (but only when they're arguing that Katniss is supposed to be a person of color).

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

FultonCountyHealth posted:

Media Tumblr Likes:
Nicki Minaj, Beyonce, Marvel movies, American Horror Story, Avatar: The Legend of Korra (except when they throw poo poo fits because they don't know how lighting works), and The Hunger Games (but only when they're arguing that Katniss is supposed to be a person of color).

How did you forget sherlock and doctor who?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

FultonCountyHealth posted:

The Hunger Games (but only when they're arguing that Katniss is supposed to be a person of color).

Hahaha they literally cannot fathom a white heterosexual being repressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

Tamerlame posted:

The patriarchy is a living breathing thing that we must protect from the female population with rape.

Loled hard, thank you.

• Locked thread