Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

ImpAtom posted:

It tanked the shot, the Elf closed in and tried to grab him (since it was trying to recover the G-Self), he pulled the same beam rifle shot to the cockpit thing he did to the Captain. Whoops.

But then why were they all so confused at what was going on?

Man first I'm confused at why everyone's freakishly relaxed, and now I don't get why they're spazzing out. This show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

When the haro went high pitched and low volume I think it was the first time I genuinely laughed at something a haro did by itself.

What about when the evil purple Haro in 00 told the trinities to cut someone?

BlitzBlast posted:

Man first I'm confused at why everyone's freakishly relaxed, and now I don't get why they're spazzing out. This show.

Just try and go with the flow I guess.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So Bellri's reactions bring the number of characters in the show who have reached the emotional threshold beyond 'mildly annoyed' to... 3? Maybe 4.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Okay, first off... The Under Nut was so cool! I loved the car accelerating to match with the centrifugal force of the residential (?) area! That whole scene of Dellesen marching importantly around was basically the best thing, and why I'm loving this show. The zero-g corridor was painted brown green and blue- like an abstract earth/trees/sky. And then they got to that extremely civilian looking station with a loving tree painted on it... You know this station is not a military base (like the director later protests) quite clearly by this point. The loving segways through that quaint well-kept town... and then down an ill-repaired road with a broken fence next to a cattle farm (in space remember) to the military base...

There was so much fascinating world building in just that ~30 second set of scene transitions. These are a people who are indeed quite powerful/wealthy, but very much civilian-focused, and ill-prepared for war. The people don't appreciate the army, and the army looks utterly absurd and out of place in that architecture. You can tell that a lot of the Capital Army's bluster is overcompensating for... pretty understandable insecurities. Considering where they're from, who would take them seriously if they took half measures?

This is such a neat world! It's too bad it's a mecha show so we're expected to fill half the time with battles, 'cause I'd totally go for a whole lot more of that blunt, awkwardly paced, Tomino background exposition. It's a very Turn A/King Gainar style that I can't get enough of.

Razzled posted:

Is it just me or does Bellri seem to have issues accepting responsibility for the people he kills?
It seems like he felt he could escape at any time, but he wanted to play the spy. And he was having fun doing it too. He's very carefree, and was treating all this like an exciting game. And now he's facing the consequences. If he had escaped as soon as he could, he wouldn't have been forced into battle, and he wouldn't have killed Dellisen.

That's... really hosed up. And his reaction is 100% understandable, especially because he doesn't know for sure it was Dellisen. He has a bit of doubt he can cling to to hold that horrible sinking feeling just a bit further away.

Caros posted:

No crying Aida too! Though she did absolutely nothing of value in the episode I won't even hold it against them because it was a very character focused episode of Bellri. Would be nice if they gave her a stock footage shot of shooting at something at least, or if Klim Nick could stop getting chumped every episode at some point.
Regardless of how much action time she got, she had some good character moments in this episode. It was a good touch how she clearly recognized what Bellri was going through, even if she probably doesn't understand what exactly happened out there at the moment. She has, until now, seen him only as the person who killed Cahil, but now she was seeing him as someone she understands.

It would be nice if she got some development all her own though, and not have everything about her Bellri-centric. Doesn't detract from this good character moment, but I'll get a bit annoyed if she never does her own thing.

Eiba fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Oct 31, 2014

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I like how the menacing military music kept playing even as Dellensen and co rode their segways into the base. Also I really liked the 10 second PSA for brushing your teeth

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Well, the leader of the rescue party getting murdered by the person he set off to rescue was certainly tragic enough for a Gundam series. :confuoot:

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 31, 2014

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Bellri and Klim's evolving relationship is my favorite part of this show by a lot.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Eiba posted:

Okay, first off... The Under Nut was so cool! I loved the car accelerating to match with the centrifugal force of the residential (?) area! That whole scene of Dellesen marching importantly around was basically the best thing, and why I'm loving this show. The zero-g corridor was painted brown green and blue- like an abstract earth/trees/sky. And then they got to that extremely civilian looking station with a loving tree painted on it... You know this station is not a military base (like the director later protests) quite clearly by this point. The loving segways through that quaint well-kept town... and then down an ill-repaired road with a broken fence next to a cattle farm (in space remember) to the military base...

There was so much fascinating world building in just that ~30 second set of scene transitions. These are a people who are indeed quite powerful/wealthy, but very much civilian-focused, and ill-prepared for war. The people don't appreciate the army, and the army looks utterly absurd and out of place in that architecture. You can tell that a lot of the Capital Army's bluster is overcompensating for... pretty understandable insecurities. Considering where they're from, who would take them seriously if they took half measures?

This is such a neat world! It's too bad it's a mecha show so we're expected to fill half the time with battles, 'cause I'd totally go for a whole lot more of that blunt, awkwardly paced, Tomino background exposition. It's a very Turn A/King Gainar style that I can't get enough of.

I'm a bit disappointed at how much like a regular gundam show it turned out to be, I really would prefer the same thing, a slow paced and relaxed exploration of a weird universe where violence is more of a lost resort, but so much of what I like is still there, the interesting world, the animation of tiny background details, (Ms. Zenam and the Capital Army dude arguing for like a minute straight on a tiny viewscreen) and the combat itself is so overbearingly tense and exciting that I'm glad to see Tomino still has it when it comes to action too. I like that even though I feel like I understand the premise of the world now there are still plenty of important questions left. Are the Amerians really trustworthy when it comes to whatever their plan for the occupation of the capital is?

BlitzBlast posted:

I'm pretty sure the implication is that the G-Self is taking autonomous control of itself to protect what it sees as its true pilots. It's why it inhibited Aida from piloting it when she started gaining the upper hand against Bellri, and why it gutshot Cahill's Grimoire when both him and aida were being threatened. Bellri was confused because he didn't rush into melee with Dellensen, the G-Self did. His hands were off of the controls entirely.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

The fish got a god drat poop joke, I'm going to miss it when it dies. :allears:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
I knew it was coming, but I really liked Dellensen. :(

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

everythingWasBees posted:

Well, the leader of the rescue party getting murdered by the person he set off to rescue was certainly tragic enough for a Gundam series. :confuoot:

I mean, I haven't watched it with the subs yet, but it did not seem like he was there for rescue (who would think bellri was STILL piloting the g self?). His unit was firing p heavily on the ship and every other machine there.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Raraiya had a pretty evil loving laugh at the end. Or at least that's how I heard it :stare:

Eiba posted:

The thing I like about the Undernut was how old and worn it was in the backstage service areas. This is an old, established place.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

BlitzBlast posted:

I have absolutely no clue what exactly happened when Bellri killed his instructor. It goes from the Reflector pack tanking a shot from behind (and Bellri freaking out for some reason?) to the other suit taking a chomp out of the shield (the instructor is freaking out too for some reason?), then a punch and then the killshot and then there's a Newtype moment or something? I'd attribute it to the G-Self acting on its own but Bellri struggling with denial makes it out to be him pulling the trigger. So that entire sequence is just a question mark.

The thing that confuses me about the fight is that the Elf-Bull appears to lose it's legs at some point between frames just before Bellri/G-Self shoots his unit. The unit is intact when Dellensen transforms to bite the shield, then he swipes the arm across to cut off some of the reflector bits and suddenly when the killing shot is fired the unit has no legs and appears to have been damaged below the torso to lose them since the metal there is rather rough and ragged looking. I'm also confused as to how Dellensen knew it was Bellri. I would assume Bellri thinks it might be him because he recognized the voice when Dellensen exclaimed that it was Bellri, but how did Dellensen figure out it was Bellri since I don't think Bellri made any comments while in direct contact (and thus contact link) with the Elf-Bull. Did he just recognize him from how good the piloting was or his style of combat or something?

Still, I did love how demonic the G-Self looked in some of the shots when it was absorbing the beam shots. The entire effect is cool. I just love all those hexagonal beam effects and seeing the bits break when they absorb too much energy. It was also good to see that Bellri has a mission and that the Colonel that let him and Aida steal the unit might actually have a half decent plan in mind in letting them go in the first place and just not expect Bellri to be allowed to pilot against any rescue forces. I hope he doesn't turn out to be entirely evil and this is at least some indication he may not be.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Condiv posted:

I mean, I haven't watched it with the subs yet, but it did not seem like he was there for rescue (who would think bellri was STILL piloting the g self?). His unit was firing p heavily on the ship and every other machine there.

He explicitly states that the whole point of the operation is to rescue Bellri, he just had no idea Bellri was in the G-Self and probably assumed he was on the Megafauna.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Maybe I've not been paying close enough attention, but what is "the taboo"? Bellri mentioned the "cheap tricks" of the Elf Bull changing forms, is it to do with transforming mobile suits? Or was he just crazy with grief and paranoia there? In any case, he didn't seem to think the Elf Bull should be as it is, why? Is it just too powerful?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BizarroAzrael posted:

Maybe I've not been paying close enough attention, but what is "the taboo"? Bellri mentioned the "cheap tricks" of the Elf Bull changing forms, is it to do with transforming mobile suits? Or was he just crazy with grief and paranoia there? In any case, he didn't seem to think the Elf Bull should be as it is, why? Is it just too powerful?

We don't know the full coverage of the taboo yet, but we know it has something to do with the development of mobile suit technology and that the Capital Army is breaking it with suits like the Elf Bull.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I really do love the entirety of how Bell is reacting to having killed his instructor.

... Well, except that his flashbacks of him are about Dellensen beating or trying to beat him. You could find something nicer to think about, Bell!

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

I have absolutely no clue what exactly happened when Bellri killed his instructor. It goes from the Reflector pack tanking a shot from behind (and Bellri freaking out for some reason?) to the other suit taking a chomp out of the shield (the instructor is freaking out too for some reason?), then a punch and then the killshot and then there's a Newtype moment or something? I'd attribute it to the G-Self acting on its own but Bellri struggling with denial makes it out to be him pulling the trigger.

Basically, what happened was, Dellensen figured out that activating the G-Self's reflector bits blinds it for a moment, so he used that chance to transform into Mobile Armor mode and get in front of the G-Self to attack it. When he tried to untransform back into Mobile Suit mode, the G-Self jammed its shield in between the Elf Bull's waist and caused it to rip itself apart with its own transformation mechanic. Dellensen panicked and tried to punch the G-Self, and Bellri dodged and shot back on impulse.

Pureauthor posted:

... Well, except that his flashbacks of him are about Dellensen beating or trying to beat him. You could find something nicer to think about, Bell!

EDIT: Yeah, well, Bellri's most recent memory of Dellensen was him trying to punch his mobile suit with his mobile suit, except instead of dodging and putting him in an armlock, this time, he accidentally melted him into space soup instead.

Ryas fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 31, 2014

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

TARDISman posted:

We don't know the full coverage of the taboo yet, but we know it has something to do with the development of mobile suit technology and that the Capital Army is breaking it with suits like the Elf Bull.

The only thing I'm confused about is whether the taboo only applies to the Capital folks. Because the pirate/Ameria suits seem many times more advanced than the Caitsiths and Rectens the Guard had been using.

E:

Ryas posted:

Basically, what happened was, Dellensen figured out that activating the G-Self's reflector bits blinds it for a moment, so he used that chance to transform into Mobile Armor mode and get in front of the G-Self to attack it. When he tried to untransform back into Mobile Suit mode, the G-Self jammed its shield in between the Elf Bull's waist and caused it to rip itself apart with its own transformation mechanic. Dellensen panicked and tried to punch the G-Self, and Bellri dodged and shot back on impulse.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, champ.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 31, 2014

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Mordja posted:

The only thing I'm confused about is whether the taboo only applies to the Capital folks. Because the pirate/Ameria suits seem many times more advanced than the Caitsiths and Rectens the Guard had been using.
It applies to anyone. Bellri's been upset at Ameria breaking the taboo too, but it looks like the Capital is breaking it even more hardcore now.

The Taboo was presumably enforced by the Capital Tower. They could impose energy sanctions on anyone who broke it, and theoretically maintain the balance of power. The Capital breaking the taboo is a bigger deal to people, presumably because if they're not following the system, why should anyone else? The taboo was the Capital's method of global control, and they're destroying it themselves, which seems really dumb to people like Bellri and his mom. It sounds like those breaking the taboo have a reason that's worth it, though.

It should be noted thought that things like the Grimoires are (probably) not breaking the taboo (unless I missed something). They totally outclassed the guard just because they were battle hardened veterans, not because they used forbidden technology.

Eiba fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 31, 2014

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I appreciate that so far there really isn't a true antagonist faction too, The Capital is breaking the taboo and there very may well be a more sinister motive in the works, but so far they've just been trying to take down the pirates and get their people back, and the pirates themselves are just trying to support the people of Ameria through raiding, to supplement their insufficient energy allotment.

I don't really trust the amerian space fleet though, I wonder where they even got the resources to build it.

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

But so far they've just been trying to take down the pirates and get their people back, and the pirates themselves are just trying to support the people of Ameria through raiding, to supplement their insufficient energy allotment.

I'm not sure about that. While Dellensen was on a mission to retrieve Bellri and the other captives from the Megafauna both times we've seen him sortie, when they sent out Mask, Mask seemed much more focused on eliminating the pirates than taking any prisoners back. As well, when the G-Self finally appears, Mask immediately attacks it while not even bothering to finish off the then-vulnerable Montero/Klim, and retreats not because he's been ordered to, but because he's gathered enough battle data, either from the Elf Bull or from the G-Self. It seems more likely the Colonel Cumpa is more interested in acquiring real battle data from forbidden technology and increasing the influence of the army than protecting the Capital and its citizens.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Both Dellensen and Mask retreat when the G-Self does something they didn't know it could do. It looks like they're just being careful around it. And Mask's line about having the data from the battle sounded more like a "welp, at least I'm not going back empty-handed" to me rather than a major objective.

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012

John Carstairs posted:

Both Dellensen and Mask retreat when the G-Self does something they didn't know it could do. It looks like they're just being careful around it. And Mask's line about having the data from the battle sounded more like a "welp, at least I'm not going back empty-handed" to me rather than a major objective.

In the next episode, though, Dellensen asks Becker if they were ordered to pull back because the test-type of the production model of Elf Bulls were ready.

EDIT: Actually, in that scene, it seems Dellensen is actually asking Becker if he and his squad are sitting out on the mission in lieu of Mask's squad. Apparently a lot of the confusion that people have with this show can be blamed on the shoddy quality of the subs.

Ryas fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 31, 2014

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Watch the tape and ask yourself when there was time for a transmission to come in. :v:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ryas posted:

I'm not sure about that. While Dellensen was on a mission to retrieve Bellri and the other captives from the Megafauna both times we've seen him sortie, when they sent out Mask, Mask seemed much more focused on eliminating the pirates than taking any prisoners back. As well, when the G-Self finally appears, Mask immediately attacks it while not even bothering to finish off the then-vulnerable Montero/Klim, and retreats not because he's been ordered to, but because he's gathered enough battle data, either from the Elf Bull or from the G-Self. It seems more likely the Colonel Cumpa is more interested in acquiring real battle data from forbidden technology and increasing the influence of the army than protecting the Capital and its citizens.

That's true, but also the current Amerian plan is to use the Megafauna and its crew as a smokescreen and decoy for their operation to invade the tower from orbit and occupy it, which as a method for turning the tide of the stalemate with Gondwan is very effective, but would so unilaterally destroy the current balance of power that I bet all hell will break loose if they succeed.
It would give them complete control and access to the energy generation facilities and presumably the remainder of the rose of hermes archives.

I'm just saying the political situation of Greco is a bit more nuanced and detailed than most of gundam prior, SEED was really muddled and Zeta/Og Gundam's antagonists were pretty two dimensional overall. even 0080 had a dude named COMMANDER KILLING whose only real goal was to kill as many people as possible in the name of retribution.

And there's still whatever the Towasangans and Venusian Colonies are up to, if we get there.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Eh. G-Reco has some pretty clear antagonist types, especially the Capital Army and the mysterious divisions using it. Bell's mom is basically the 'good one' in that category.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Eh. G-Reco has some pretty clear antagonist types, especially the Capital Army and the mysterious divisions using it. Bell's mom is basically the 'good one' in that category.

The Army is a bunch of dudes who don't know what they are even doing trying to protect what they believe are their own people, the directors and dudes running it seem pretty shady but haven't done anything outright evil yet, beyond twisting the hostage situations to their own benefit.

I would honestly not be surprised if Bellri ends up against everybody by the end, you can't trust any adults.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 31, 2014

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, that whole fight was a mess. The Reflector was cool as hell though, even if the name kind of lies about what it actually does (absorb, not reflect). Can't wait to see it in a Super Robot Wars game. Nonetheless...the whole thing was hard to follow and extremely awkward, which surprises me from a series that usually has such an insane attention to detail. We've had somewhat boring fights, but this is the first time we have a confusing one.

Also Bellri and Dellensen suddenly know the other is their enemy because...I mean, I get it, drama and all, and it's absolutely vital that Bell knows who he just murdered, but that whole thing was done really poorly. At least Bell's breakdown with Noredo was actually really good and I liked it a lot, and I liked that he blamed Dellensen for his own death too, it shows well Bell's way of thinking: he's unable to take responsibility and instead blames the taboo being broken for what he did.

Another really weird scene was when Bell jumped into the gravitational pull to save Klim Nick (which I'm glad for, killing the two best characters of the series in a single episode could drive me to stop watching entirely). At first he reacts like he fully understood the Reflector (paraphrased, "the Reflector Gage is fully charged...with this, I can!"), then...he has no loving idea what he's doing and fully admits to it. Kind of contradicting there.

In less important things, I had no idea ponytail Bellri in the ending was...well, Bell, until now.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

You know that one shot in the credits with Bellri walking with Dellensen and Cahill? What if Bellri's next?

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

The Reflector was cool as hell though, even if the name kind of lies about what it actually does (absorb, not reflect).
Actually, it seems like the reflector can either reflect or absorb the beams to power the suit. Bellri chose not to use the reflector function because the output was too powerful and he was afraid he'd accidentally end up killing the Capital Army pilot.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also Bellri and Dellensen suddenly know the other is their enemy because...
Dellensen recognized Bellri through the kid's incredible reflexes when he saw the G-Self immediately dodge his slap and then get into position to counter, just like his old pupil would dodge his lashings and grapple him. Bellri then heard his voice through the direct contact link created by the G-Self's rifle.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Another really weird scene was when Bell jumped into the gravitational pull to save Klim Nick (which I'm glad for, killing the two best characters of the series in a single episode could drive me to stop watching entirely). At first he reacts like he fully understood the Reflector (paraphrased, "the Reflector Gage is fully charged...with this, I can!"), then...he has no loving idea what he's doing and fully admits to it. Kind of contradicting there.
There's a scene before the sortie where Happa tells him about the Reflector gauge, the manual, and all that. I'm guessing Bellri knows what its function is from reading the manual, but has no idea how it actually works because Happa never explained it to him.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Level Slide posted:

You know that one shot in the credits with Bellri walking with Dellensen and Cahill? What if Bellri's next?

Not even Tomino has those sort of balls.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Man, that whole fight was a mess.

Also Bellri and Dellensen suddenly know the other is their enemy because...I mean, I get it, drama and all, and it's absolutely vital that Bell knows who he just murdered, but that whole thing was done really poorly.

I thought it was clear that they could hear each other speak for a couple seconds because of the contact link between their suits.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also Bellri and Dellensen suddenly know the other is their enemy because...I mean, I get it, drama and all, and it's absolutely vital that Bell knows who he just murdered, but that whole thing was done really poorly.

When two suits touch they have a contact link. Bellri was touching him at that moment.

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012
Also, I know how much we like to talk about how often Aida's been crying here, but Klim Nick's been getting absolutely crushed whenever he fights anyone that's... well, anyone, and not a faceless mook in a grunt mobile suit, and it doesn't seem like the trend is stopping next episode. His reputation as a genius is at serious risk here.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ryas posted:

Also, I know how much we like to talk about how often Aida's been crying here, but Klim Nick's been getting absolutely crushed whenever he fights anyone that's... well, anyone, and not a faceless mook in a grunt mobile suit, and it doesn't seem like the trend is stopping next episode. His reputation as a genius is at serious risk here.

That's sort of the point of the character. He's self-confident, arrogant to a fault and honestly kinda sucks. It's part of what makes him hilarious especially since he's completely unflappable.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 31, 2014

Caros
May 14, 2008

Ryas posted:

At least he gets wrecked. Aida has launched in the g-arcane three times and we have seen her fire two shots and clip on enemy. Most episodes we see her launch and then just sort of forget she is there.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ImpAtom posted:

That's sort of the point of the character. He's self-confident, arrogant to a fault and honestly kinda sucks. It's part of what makes him hilarious especially since he's completely unflappable.

Sucks is probably strong language. He was fighting Mask to a standstill and was about to stab the Elf Bullock in the back before Bellri started zooming around with the core fighter and distracted him so Mask could head grab him, for example. He's just supremely overconfident and the Montero seems pretty majorly outclassed by the Elfs in general.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Steer. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

Sucks is probably strong language. He was fighting Mask to a standstill and was about to stab the Elf Bullock in the back before Bellri started zooming around with the core fighter and distracted him so Mask could head grab him, for example. He's just supremely overconfident and the Montero seems pretty majorly outclassed by the Elfs in general.

So far he's kind of gotten wrecked every time he goes up against anyone who doesn't run directly into bamboo. The show even makes fun of him for it. He's not completely talentless but he's no genius.

• Locked thread