Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
I have such a boner for eugenics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Skinny King Pimp posted:

no it isn't, that's mifepristone or RU486.

how do you feel about the fact that the vast majority of conception events do not produce viable offspring and result in spontaneous abortions (this is what a miscarriage is called) or the fertilized egg doesn't even get implanted? what about when a woman is carrying a dead fetus, should she have to carry that dead fetus until natural childbirth or can she have a late term abortion? what about if the fetus isn't dead but is severely malformed? do you believe that a woman who wanted a child should be forced to give birth to a baby that might only live for a few hours?

or should women just be forced to do poo poo despite mental and emotional consequences on top of the physical implications?

i think it'd be best to send them back to kitchen since it would cut our countries work force in half and create a strong demand for labor again, increasing wages and standard of living too.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

That was awesome.

From zero to misogynistic shitlord who wants to control women(aka human incubators) in under three pages.

Baby murderers are the best.

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
give me complete control of the human incubators, in fact. so i can try to make a double-dicked man

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006

TOILETLORD posted:

i think it'd be best to send them back to kitchen since it would cut our countries work force in half and create a strong demand for labor again, increasing wages and standard of living too.

Thank you. Finally somebody says it.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TOILETLORD posted:

question: how do you feel about other forms of medicine? break a leg, deal with the consequences? get sick, deal with the consequences? have an organ fail, deal with the consequences? get born into a toilet bowl and catch mega aids, deal with the consequences?

killing fetuses is loving awesome

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

quakster posted:

question: how do you feel about other forms of medicine? break a leg, deal with the consequences? get sick, deal with the consequences? have an organ fail, deal with the consequences? get born into a toilet bowl and catch mega aids, deal with the consequences?

killing fetuses is loving awesome

your argument doesn't follow logic unless you assume all pregnancies are accidents, which they aren't since biologically the act of sex is the choice to essentially create babies, and is 100% avoidable, except in cases of rape.

also pregnancy isn't an injury, or disease so i don't know how you can treat it as if it was.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
people who think fetuses are the same as kids who are already born and living are loving retarded imo

At best you could make the argument that there's brain wave activity during the third trimester and as such the fetus is already 'living' at that point but abortions during third trimester are already not allowed unless it's some super extenuating circumstance.

TOILETLORD posted:

your argument doesn't follow logic unless you assume all pregnancies are accidents, which they aren't since biologically the act of sex is the choice to essentially create babies, and is 100% avoidable, except in cases of rape.

What about if the condom breaks, or you get hosed by the pill because it isn't 100% effective (just 99% or something like that).

Or is sex for fun not allowed

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Moridin920 posted:

people who think fetuses are the same as kids who are already born and living are loving retarded imo

At best you could make the argument that there's brain wave activity during the third trimester and as such the fetus is already 'living' at that point but abortions during third trimester are already not allowed unless it's some super extenuating circumstance.

people who hate children as much as you must have some serious sad brains, you are arguing for a continued genocide.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TOILETLORD posted:

people who hate children as much as you must have some serious sad brains, you are arguing for a continued genocide.

lol there are actual people getting genocided in this world I don't give a poo poo about people having abortions.

TOILETLORD posted:

oh you're just trolling though alright carry on

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TOILETLORD posted:

also pregnancy isn't an injury, or disease so i don't know how you can treat it as if it was.
so getting impregnated is the only choice a woman ever has, got it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Here's the thing: making abortion illegal won't stop it!

It's like when we made drugs illegal; the demand does not decrease and people do it anyway so they turn to black market methods which end up not only in the termination of the fetus but often adverse health effects for the mother.

So if in your naive mind just making something illegal makes it stop altogether then lol.

Abortion was already illegal not too long ago in the USA. Abortion rates were just as high!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Let's say contraception is the beginning of a potential life?? Slippery slope if you ask me, my semen is a potential life if I didn't have a condom or a partner with the scientific wonder know as an IUD

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
An acorn is already a tree don't you seeeee

I live in a world of potentials and hypotheticals!!!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
smoke weed, gently caress bitches, abort babies

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Forced chastity belts and or sex drive suppression drugs like the giver

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

quakster posted:

so getting impregnated is the only choice a woman ever has, got it

that argument only works if sex is mandatory.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Brain death = clinical death

Brain birth (27 weeks) = clinical life

But the fully grown adult's life and choices should take precedence. After all, she can get pregnant again.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Brain death = clinical death

Brain birth (27 weeks) = clinical life

This is really the best argument against abortion but 3rd trimester abortion is already illegal unless the mother is going to die or something like that.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Tolietlord has been trolling since the beginning, I mean come on, "I choose to be a virgin for life" poo poo, he has just been loving around since the start. But the point is he has been using actual talking points that people actually use when determining to take rights away from people.

He hasn't addressed the issue that abortion laws exclusively meant to target and punish underprivileged women and have no real effect on privileged women's access to abortion services. He hasn't brought it up because it is never brought up by right-wing politicians that literally use air quotes when talking about the health of a pregnant woman. Their target audience never think about it because they are a bunch of knuckle dragging idiots who never call out politicians on being blatantly hypocritical.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah.

The GOP are garbage.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Shnag posted:

Tolietlord has been trolling since the beginning, I mean come on, "I choose to be a virgin for life" poo poo, he has just been loving around since the start. But the point is he has been using actual talking points that people actually use when determining to take rights away from people.

He hasn't addressed the issue that abortion laws exclusively meant to target and punish underprivileged women and have no real effect on privileged women's access to abortion services. He hasn't brought it up because it is never brought up by right-wing politicians that literally use air quotes when talking about the health of a pregnant woman. Their target audience never think about it because they are a bunch of knuckle dragging idiots who never call out politicians on being blatantly hypocritical.

i love these threads because eventually people who don't recognize me let me just start arguing with them, go look at the what's it like to be an american thread where i threw tea party poo poo at a british person.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just like arguing.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Did anyone already say that they wished the grandma had taken the opposite stance so that the OP was not born? Well, I'll say it. I have the guts to say whats on everyones mind.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
if women weren't such sluts, we wouldn't need to have this debate.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

TOILETLORD posted:

i love these threads because eventually people who don't recognize me let me just start arguing with them, go look at the what's it like to be an american thread where i threw tea party poo poo at a british person.

Your not actually convincing people of anything and they are tearing down your arguments, but if you enjoy wasting others people time while wasting an equivalent amount of your own, go to town I suppose.

Though, that kind of arguement is like just posting "I AM A HUGE STUPID loving human being!" for each and every post, people are like "Shut up you huge stupid human being". And then, quietly to your self your like "I showed them! I made them think I was a huge stupid human being when I am not, no really"

TheEldar
Oct 24, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

Here's the thing: making abortion illegal won't stop it!

It's like when we made drugs illegal; the demand does not decrease and people do it anyway so they turn to black market methods which end up not only in the termination of the fetus but often adverse health effects for the mother.

So if in your naive mind just making something illegal makes it stop altogether then lol.

Abortion was already illegal not too long ago in the USA. Abortion rates were just as high!

Ireland is a good case study. Abortion is fully illegal there. Was a case a while back where a woman died because the doctors were so against sending her for an abortion, despite there being clearly a good chance the baby was causing the problem. Hundreds come across to the UK for abortions, where as I imagine those that cannot afford to are forced to have babies they are not prepared for.

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

dee eight posted:

smoke weed, gently caress bitches, abort babies

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
toiletlord, you claim that you have the choice to not have sex, correct? why are you not sharing awareness of this choice with these women right this second? you are aware that information is somewhat similar to physical wealth, it is shared between people, from parent to child, teacher to student, society to individual, albeit copied rather than transferred, correct? why do you choose to hoard this choice? are you afraid that the women wouldn't be receptive to your information? why is that? do you not consider it your place to share information about women's bodies with the women themselves? do you consider your information to be insufficient? why do you wish to deny women control of their own bodies based on insufficient information that you are also unwilling to share with them? how much do you hate yourself? figure out how not to, stop controlling others and get kids you weird fucker

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Shnag posted:

I AM A HUGE STUPID loving human being!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
I unironically think having children should be something that's regulated. There is absolutely no reason people should be allowed to have more than three or four children in a Western society, especially since the odds of one of them dying is practically zero.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MizPiz posted:

I unironically think having children should be something that's regulated. There is absolutely no reason people should be allowed to have more than three or four children in a Western society, especially since the odds of one of them dying is practically zero.
i have 7 siblings and some of my siblings have siblings i'm not related to. it's cool

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

MizPiz posted:

I absolutely agree with this but don't agree with any form of enforcing it. It would never work. As soon as you have people regulating who can and cannot have children (or how many they can have) it will turn into a nightmarish 1984 type of world.

The only real solution to pretty much everything we deal with is education. If people were educated they would not have unplanned pregnancies. They would be able to retain jobs. They would know before voting for politicians who are actively going against them (poor people voting for the GOP is a loving LOL-factory). They would not have debates about the origin of species. They would not turn a blind eye to climate change. They would have informed opinions on social programs and tax codes. They would have informed opinions on immigration and the benefits of globalization. They would realize that country borders are an imaginary invention of man and that we are actually, in fact, one people.

Blah blah blah.

Education being tied to property taxes has created an obscene class-based society in this country. Where you live should have no bearing on the quality of education you receive. As long as it does, we're going to have a large population of idiots who elect bad people who further degrade the country by cutting education funding and electing FYGM policies.

Basically gently caress everything.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Shadow posted:

I absolutely agree with this but don't agree with any form of enforcing it. It would never work. As soon as you have people regulating who can and cannot have children (or how many they can have) it will turn into a nightmarish 1984 type of world.

The only real solution to pretty much everything we deal with is education. If people were educated they would not have unplanned pregnancies. They would be able to retain jobs. They would know before voting for politicians who are actively going against them (poor people voting for the GOP is a loving LOL-factory). They would not have debates about the origin of species. They would not turn a blind eye to climate change. They would have informed opinions on social programs and tax codes. They would have informed opinions on immigration and the benefits of globalization. They would realize that country borders are an imaginary invention of man and that we are actually, in fact, one people.

Blah blah blah.

Education being tied to property taxes has created an obscene class-based society in this country. Where you live should have no bearing on the quality of education you receive. As long as it does, we're going to have a large population of idiots who elect bad people who further degrade the country by cutting education funding and electing FYGM policies.

Basically gently caress everything.

otoh, youre unfuckable

i see your dilemma

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
I'm fine with abortion when the mother's life is in danger (rape pregnancies are a grey area) but asking me to support abortion is literally asking me to put aside my religious beliefs.

And that's not ok.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
No one cares what you think about abortions unless you're on your way to get an abortion in which case I hope you think you're making the right decision.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
thanks for the heads up, op. next time i'll make sure to wear a condom.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Muttonchips posted:

I'm fine with abortion when the mother's life is in danger (rape pregnancies are a grey area) but asking me to support abortion is literally asking me to put aside my religious beliefs.

And that's not ok.

gently caress you and your stupid beliefs

especially if you want to push your stupid beliefs on some poor pregnant crack whore that couldn't raise a crack addicted baby anyway

and don't say adoption because nobody wants crack babies they all want chinese babys or cheap romanian knock-offs.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
my grandma once used the phrase "ellen degenerate"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Muttonchips posted:

And that's not ok.

nobody asked you to support abortion, just to support a woman's right to choose. not everybody believes in the same thing and denying access to safe, legal, affordable abortion services means that women (and children) will die. so i mean if your religion also dictates that women should die because they don't believe the same thing as you, then go ahead and oppose elective abortions entirely.

• Locked thread