Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Drifter posted:

God that looks lame.

Post production is big thing, and not just for big effects. Color grading and lighting are a huge part of Flash and Arrow's tone and look, neither of which are apparent in this picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

BrianWilly posted:

First candid photo of Pied Piper [source]

No green? :doom: Probably didn't want anyone to confuse him with some other green douche in a hood.

He looks like Dr. Venture, which would admittedly be an incredible crossover.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

I kinda hope they do the standard issue alternate universe where everyone's morality is flipped episode at some point. Heroic billionaire philanthropist Malcolm Merlyn, evil super-fast heist artist Barry Allen, a mysterious cyberterrorist with a tendency to ramble in a menacing, but charmingly befuddled manner.

That's Earth-3, they have to go through Earth-2 where all the heroes fought in World War 2 Vietnam before they get to that one.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

Characters that i want to appear in either series:
Booster Gold (should show up once time travel starts being a big deal)

I've been saying, this could be DC's answer to Doctor Who.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Xelkelvos posted:

Characters that i want to appear in either series:
Animal Man
Booster Gold (should show up once time travel starts being a big deal)
Blue Beetle (not just Ted Kord)
Plastic Man
The Doom Patrol

B'wana Beast. :colbert:

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Well now I'm just going to be upset when the Dr. Dolittle of superheroes doesn't show up to help Barry out with his gorilla problem.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a tweet or something i missed about CW's Young Justice getting a greenlight. I know they were talking about it.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Phylodox posted:

B'wana Beast. :colbert:

Juwanna Mann

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Inkspot posted:

Well now I'm just going to be upset when the Dr. Dolittle of superheroes doesn't show up to help Barry out with his gorilla problem.

"Oh, hey, you got a problem with a gorilla? I'll just combine it with a rhinoceros! That should-

"Oh...oh, God, that made everything so much worse!!! Well...good luck with that, Barry!"

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Just have Animal Man played by Weird Al like they do in the DC Nation shorts. I'm sure they can spring for a one episode guest star.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Solaris Knight posted:

Just have Animal Man played by Weird Al like they do in the DC Nation shorts. I'm sure they can spring for a one episode guest star.

Have Weird Al do the musical score for that episode, too.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
He needs animal man's help against the Music Meister.

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

BrianWilly posted:

No green? :doom: Probably didn't want anyone to confuse him with some other green douche in a hood.

No polka dots?!? :doom:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

bobkatt013 posted:

He needs animal man's help against the Music Meister.

NPH, or GTFO.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

NPH, or GTFO.

Who else could it be?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I would love for NPH to guest star as the Music Meister.

Getting John Barrowman to drop in would be fantastic too.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Detective No. 27 posted:

I've been saying, this could be DC's answer to Doctor Who.

Or they could turn it into a satire of common Superhero tropes. Like he does the whole disappear when your back is turned trick and winds up missing that the drug deal the commissioner told him about is also going to be hit by a rival gang or he does the would batman growl but crook keep giving him throat lozenges.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jesse L. Martin has a bit of musical talent as well. He was in a small rarely heard of show at one time.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Jesse L. Martin has a bit of musical talent as well. He was in a small rarely heard of show at one time.

I heard he did it for rent money.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Grant Gustin was on Glee when it was good and relevant.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

jscolon2.0 posted:

Grant Gustin was on Glee when it was good and relevant.

So you're saying the earlier statement was incorrect and he was never on that show?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Deadpool posted:

So you're saying the earlier statement was incorrect and he was never on that show?

Grant Gustin made the show good, damnit.

GLEE - Uptown Girl (Full Performance) (Official M…: http://youtu.be/VejTLENKSzQ

GLEE - Smooth Criminal VIDEO HD ® By Dj pepsi: http://youtu.be/vqli_YLxGLY

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Every single televised second of Glee was a horror unleashed upon the Earth that none should have to suffer.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I remember when it was first announced that he was going to be Barry Allen, I joked to my friend that he went from a Pseudo-Attempted-Rapist/Actual-Assaulter to the only thing creepier: a fanboy!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Senerio posted:

I remember when it was first announced that he was going to be Barry Allen, I joked to my friend that he went from a Pseudo-Attempted-Rapist/Actual-Assaulter to the only thing creepier: a fanboy!

Wait, what?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

I think that was something his Glee character did?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

He's the main antagonist for a majority of Season 3 of Glee. The Rapist thing is more just implied, but he really gave off the vibe in his villainous run, and he puts Blaine out for a month to go do Broadway with a rock salt-filled slushie.

e: Here it is! At the end of the song.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Nov 5, 2014

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
The first season of Glee wasn't so bad...

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

hi liter posted:

Post production is big thing, and not just for big effects. Color grading and lighting are a huge part of Flash and Arrow's tone and look, neither of which are apparent in this picture.

Case and point from the Terminator photoshop thread:

gary oldmans diary posted:

demon wants to eat your soul . . . . . . . . . . . . . edward robot hands wants to learn to smile and love

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

jscolon2.0 posted:

Grant Gustin made the show good, damnit.

GLEE - Uptown Girl (Full Performance) (Official M…: http://youtu.be/VejTLENKSzQ

GLEE - Smooth Criminal VIDEO HD ® By Dj pepsi: http://youtu.be/vqli_YLxGLY

At some point during the run of flash/arrow I want a crossover musical episode. It must have dancing as well as singing and feature both Barrowman and Manu Bennett.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

The Lord Bude posted:

At some point during the run of flash/arrow I want a crossover musical episode. It must have dancing as well as singing and feature both Barrowman and Manu Bennett.

Villain songs about earthquake machines and mercenaries?

SIGN ME THE gently caress UP :allears:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

The Lord Bude posted:

Embrace the camp, people. Embrace it.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Mr. Fowl posted:

Embrace the camp, people. Embrace it.

Idina Menzel as Golden Glider. She could pass for Wentworth Miller’s sister.

Ok, maybe she can’t, but now that I’ve seen it, I don’t WANT to unsee it.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

The Lord Bude posted:

drat it, now I'm imagining the Music Maestro episode from Batman - The Brave and the Bold. Wasn't it Neil Patrick Harris that did his voice acting / singing?

I'd be all for a Flash episode with NPH as a villian of the week. :allears:

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

Standard two person prison break thing, but instead of faking illness there are show tunes and dancing to get the guard's attention.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

PowerBeard posted:

drat it, now I'm imagining the Music Maestro episode from Batman - The Brave and the Bold. Wasn't it Neil Patrick Harris that did his voice acting / singing?

I'd be all for a Flash episode with NPH as a villian of the week. :allears:

Yes, the Music Meister was NPH. Him, Grant Gustin, Jesse L. Martin and John Barrowman can sing and dance.

Meanwhile, Amell is on the sidelines watching and looking surly.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Nah, Amell's bustin' out his best moves and singin' his heart out...

...while everyone else looks on with a combination of horror and pity.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

BrianWilly posted:

Best thing about this photo is Mitt Romney Cop.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Necroreply, but I think that's the first time I ever noticed Colonel Sanders jump out of the way of the camera in that scene. In 28 years of loving that movie. Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Panama Red posted:

Plus I was groaning through Caitlin's boyfriend's flashback. I just plain didn't care, and that dialogue was excruciating. "What about Italy? Pizza... and wine... and pizza!" Who the gently caress plans a romantic vacation to Italy to eat pizza?

Pizza in Italy is pretty fantastic, but it's not actually Italian, it's reverse imported from the U.S. Also it's more of an appetizer than a main meal, so idiots maybe?

• Locked thread