Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl
someone just rode by on a unicycle\segway combination and i'm not even on the engineering quad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Sagebrush posted:

creating a junk burner email account: something that a ten year old can figure out on his own, but not a spacex engineer

tbqh they're not that good at space flight either

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Bad Sneakers posted:

someone just rode by on a unicycle\segway combination and i'm not even on the engineering quad

was it as cool as this?

http://i.imgur.com/aramrX4.gifv

also while looking for that video i found this article, which is kind of tech bubble-y

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/twisted-prankster-smears-citi-bikes-feces-article-1.1962852

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Bad Sneakers posted:

was it this

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

FrozenVent posted:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

seriously though bring back ray gun

david carson is a cool-rear end dude

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl
it looked like this

i wonder if he and the guy who rides an actual unicycle around campus are rivals

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

is this that gizmo from the new ok go video

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Bad Sneakers posted:

it looked like this

i wonder if he and the guy who rides an actual unicycle around campus are rivals

modern day john henry

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
wheel-drivin' man

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

is this that gizmo from the new ok go video

yep

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Sagebrush posted:

i forget what the exact connection is between all the games, probably some specific developer who's worked on all of them, but that is the first code you need to input in thief, system shock 2, all deus ex games, and all bioshock games

Also Dishonored.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

iirc it was first in system shock and was a reference to fahrenheit 451.

e: and yeah, it's in dxhr http://youtu.be/jZ0BhUx-qn4?t=9m

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Citizen Tayne posted:

4chan favors the cold.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

FrozenVent posted:

at least they're neither orbital nor virgin so they have that going for them

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
well, i'm sure rocket science is tricky in its own way but it's hardly website security

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Soricidus posted:

well, i'm sure rocket science is tricky in its own way but it's hardly website security

i love that article that compares software dev to researching the cure for cancer in the same breath

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the guy that did the pink floyd album covers still does work

storm died over a year ago

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

ayn rand hand job posted:

storm died over a year ago

drat, stroke and then cancer

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i can confirm that the 0451 thing has spread beyond just that studio, we had a programmer from them at a different studio and he used 0451 for a lot of 4 digit codes for stuff.

Originally was a reference to Fahrenheit 451, no? (System Shock just had 3 digits IIRC, and I likely do not.)

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

fishmech is actually the robot brain from A Mind Forever Voyaging

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Luigi Thirty posted:

lmao prism

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Werthog 95 posted:

you can do both

when a guy calls himself "defcon" and can't cover his tracks better than this, and invites an FBI operative to help him run his cocaine ebay, you can't not laugh

this is my favorite part, that an fbi plant was an admin from day 1

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
guys I have something to confess

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

lol

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

rotor posted:

guys I have something to confess

its ok, this is a safe space

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

this is my favorite part, that an fbi plant was an admin from day 1

from the thing i think i read the fbi dude made 32 grand between jan and the bust. preddy deece cash for adminning. idk if thats right, i might be off a decimal point

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Smythe posted:

from the thing i think i read the fbi dude made 32 grand between jan and the bust. preddy deece cash for adminning. idk if thats right, i might be off a decimal point

he "made" 32k in bitcoins.

i guess you gotta get in deep to be admining for internet tokens

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

FMguru posted:

lmao prism

see he gets it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

infernal machines posted:

he "made" 32k in bitcoins.

i guess you gotta get in deep to be admining for internet tokens

thats good money!! how much does it cost to cash those suckers out?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Smythe posted:

you need an in with the lizard people

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Smythe posted:

into what? like rubles or yen or something? because short of coinbase i don't think anyone's still doing that for "dollars".

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Luigi Thirty posted:

see he gets it
amfv owned p hard

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

into what? like rubles or yen or something? because short of coinbase i don't think anyone's still doing that for "dollars".

piss

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

gold? i bet there's an enormous overlap between bitcoiners and goldbugs

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

when someone works undercover like that, they're still getting paid by their agency, right? what are the chances his bitcoin direct deposit slip had his address as 1bitcoineaterdonotsend?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

RZA Encryption posted:

when someone works undercover like that, they're still getting paid by their agency, right? what are the chances his bitcoin direct deposit slip had his address as 1bitcoineaterdonotsend?

i would assume they get paid by their agency and they have to turn in anything they make from the undercover job

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

good news the uro is alive and well and has a favourable bitcoin exchange rate to boot

piss is one of the few things you could exchange bitcoins for

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

RZA Encryption posted:

are you like 12 or something?

of course he's still paid by the bureau, any funds from sr2 just go to an fbi controlled wallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Sagebrush posted:

gold? i bet there's an enormous overlap between bitcoiners and goldbugs

the local coin and bullion place takes bitcoins. also is loaded up with alex jones poo poo from what i hear.

so this checks out.

• Locked thread