Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Shane Douglas Promotion
This poll is closed.
XPW 11 18.97%
Hardcore Homecoming 1 1.72%
Extreme Reunion/Rising 2 3.45%
This New One (because it won't happen) 44 75.86%
Total: 58 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if its anything along the lines Gabe gets insane amounts of money to go full Dixie, I'll be ok with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Guy can't make a DVD in less than 14 months but he's gonna change the business.

I'll believe that when I see it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

if its anything along the lines Gabe gets insane amounts of money to go full Dixie, I'll be ok with that.

A picture says a thousand words. There's huge money behind this tour. This tour is a basic audition which seemingly they have already passed if the near sold out rumours are true. Some on DVDR who lives posted the 90% thing and I heard it from another person too.

This isn't an isolated tour of Nigeria or the Middle East that when it was first announced I thought it was.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Guy can't make a DVD in less than 14 months but he's gonna change the business.

I'll believe that when I see it.

I was on the same bus as you initially believe me.

rovert fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 10, 2014

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It might take Vince 2 years to bury them with superior production values. :ohdear:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

How has the WWE generally drawn in China? I never hear about them touring there despite them being such a potentially huge and mostly untapped market.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If this ends with the Chinese buying TNA and putting Gabe in charge I am fine with that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

How has the WWE generally drawn in China? I never hear about them touring there despite them being such a potentially huge and mostly untapped market.

Open to total correction but from my understanding WWE isn't "allowed" in China:
http://www.wwe.com/schedules/television/china

Which is why this WWN China thing is so huge. WWN has first mover advantage and if WWE is blocked there a sustainable competitive advantage over WWE.

I know WWE toured China in August 2013 for whatever reason.

It is something a Chinese person could only really answer.

rovert fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 10, 2014

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

The setup for the first WWN China show.

I know what some of plans are after this tour. I know what my rep is on this forum but this isn't "I am insider" or a pick tease thing just I don't know what the Chinese partners are like in terms of tolerance towards leaks. But this could be the best thing to happen to Wrestling in decades and the biggest thing about it is that it is pretty much assured that it will happen. Anecdote the tour is 90% sold out too. This isn't John Collins's Main Event Championship Wrestling or Sinclair's initial plans for ROH or whatever wacky start up that has come along. This is going to be something. I'd advise everyone don't treat this with jaded Wrestling fan eyes.

Gabe finding a country that can fill his audience by forcing people in at gunpoint sounds about right

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I suddenly saw a World Wrestling Network channel pop up on Roku. It seemed like it had a bunch of indie shows on it. Does this have anything to do with that? If not, what exactly is WWN?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rovert's on the money this time fwiw.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

John Cena posted:

Rovert's on the money this time fwiw.

Did you repost this on Neogaff then? Like my Nicole Winehouse joke?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I suddenly saw a World Wrestling Network channel pop up on Roku. It seemed like it had a bunch of indie shows on it. Does this have anything to do with that? If not, what exactly is WWN?

Yeah, it's ex ROH booker Gabe Sapolsky's distribution thing for the feds he books (DGUSA and Evolve) and a women's fed called SHINE that I think is another Dave Prazak project.

http://www.wwnlive.com/index.html

They're doing a Chinese tour with some talented guys like Ricochet:

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/89407/wwnlive-china-tour-kicking-off.html?p=1

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rovert posted:

Did you repost this on Neogaff then? Like my Nicole Winehouse joke?

I don't post on other forums.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

That venue looks nice and I didn't know WWN is on Roku now, nice. Also I predicted EVOLVE becoming the most promotion in the world because of China on Twitter and definitely wasn't being ironic

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

John Cena posted:

I don't post on other forums.

Ah! I got confused between you and Daniel Bryan. Doh!

epitasis posted:

That venue looks nice and I didn't know WWN is on Roku now, nice.

Was launched on Gabe & Co's last day in the US during last week.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
As down as I am about Gabe for his Dragon Gate-related poo poo, I'm eager to see how this turns out.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the last couple Gabe shows i bought were pretty drat good so i hope this takes off because i know the talent is there

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

the last couple Gabe shows i bought were pretty drat good so i hope this takes off because i know the talent is there

The 2015 Indie scene is going to be interesting.

Whatever is going to happen with TNA.
The weirdness between GFW, New Japan and ROH.
ROH's escalating childish resentment of PWG perhaps leading to a talent ban.
Lucha Underground perhaps blowing up and the second wave of contracts being more restrictive.
WWN in China taking off meaning big name talent won't even be on the continent for extended periods of time.
The likely event of WWE skimming the cream talent wise by signing more people.

What I am saying is it is a great time for a female indie Wrestler!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lucha Underground will need to get on a better channel to rise above super-niche.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm not surprised these shows are doing well but at the same time I've seen so many companies get excited about early returns in China only for nothing when they follow up.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

I'm not surprised these shows are doing well but at the same time I've seen so many companies get excited about early returns in China only for nothing when they follow up.

Didn't TNA's Indian spinoff do very well initially but the demand quickly tapered off? Obviously there's huge differences between the two countries but the similarites of boht being potentially massive markets that have never really had significant domestic pro wrestling.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Thauros posted:

Yeah, it's ex ROH booker Gabe Sapolsky's distribution thing for the feds he books (DGUSA and Evolve) and a women's fed called SHINE that I think is another Dave Prazak project.
SHINE is a Prazak thing, but it's unclear how much his input goes into the product. Far as I can tell, Lexie Fyfe pretty much has the book, Daffney agents and helps booking, and Sal Hamaoui is there for logistics.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Cory Lidle posted:

SHINE is a Prazak thing, but it's unclear how much his input goes into the product. Far as I can tell, Lexie Fyfe pretty much has the book, Daffney agents and helps booking, and Sal Hamaoui is there for logistics.

Thought Sal was the main guy to be honest and Prazak was barely involved.

Malia Hosaka's given role is probably an agent but she has ludicrous amounts of influence.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Why would ROH resent PWG? Isn't the entire reason they can use talent under ROH or WWN contract because they don't have TV and don't run iPPV, so they aren't direct competition with either?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

Why would ROH resent PWG? Isn't the entire reason they can use talent under ROH or WWN contract because they don't have TV and don't run iPPV, so they aren't direct competition with either?

Delirious dislikes PWG as ROH wrestlers seemingly go out of their way to have better matches in PWG and talk about it in such glowing terms. Not too over do it my description here but contrast same wrestlers working at an ROH event kind of glumly punch the clock despite ROH paying them more. Apparently ROH/Sinclair office shares or is beginning to share in that resentment.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

rovert posted:

Thought Sal was the main guy to be honest and Prazak was barely involved.

Malia Hosaka's given role is probably an agent but she has ludicrous amounts of influence.
Malia moved to California and missed three shows before coming back and winning the tag titles for no reason. It's such a weird pet project to get Malia and Leilani Kai over that I would have to think Lexie is rubber stamping it.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

rovert posted:

Delirious dislikes PWG as ROH wrestlers seemingly go out of their way to have better matches in PWG and talk about it in such glowing terms. Not too over do it my description here but contrast same wrestlers working at an ROH event kind of glumly punch the clock despite ROH paying them more. Apparently ROH/Sinclair office shares or is beginning to share in that resentment.

Also stuff like Trevor Lee going over then ROH Champion Michael Elgin in the second round of BOLA.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Re the ROH/PWG talent ban:
http://www.pwponderings.com/2014/11/10/roh-talent-may-not-be-able-to-work-pwg-next-year/

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Watch PWG outperform ROH show quality wise anyways. And I like ROH.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Who's even contracted to ROH anyway? Seems a ton of guys who work there like Roddy aren't actually contracted workers. It would blow for PWG to lose Cole and perhaps O'Reilly though.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thauros posted:

Who's even contracted to ROH anyway? Seems a ton of guys who work there like Roddy aren't actually contracted workers. It would blow for PWG to lose Cole and perhaps O'Reilly though.

Incredibly, I could see Cole leaving ROH in the dust.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I mean, that's really only guaranteeing that anybody with another option doesn't sign with ROH.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
At least Willie Mack and RockNess Monsters will have a big year there.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I could be wrong on some of these but in terms of talent that wouldn't be able to work PWG shows...

- Adam Cole
- Michael Elgin
- Kyle O'Reilly
- Bobby Fish
- Cedric Alexander
- ACH
- Tomasso Ciampa
- Jay Lethal

Although it sounds like this would be predicated on them signing new contracts with new terminology so there's a chance everyone says gently caress you just to spite ROH.

Roddy may be contracted with them again. Not sure.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Update on the Preacher after that really bad botch from Saturday.

CZW posted:

During the closing moments of the Six Man Scramble to name the #1 Contender for the CZW Wired Championship, Preacher was the recipient of a Death Valley Driver onto the ring apron. It was clear that Preacher was injured and was rushed to a local hospital. Throughout the day there has been many questions coming into CZW about the condition of Preacher. We are able to report that he was diagnosed with a fractured neck, however the positive news is that he alert and has control of all his body parts. Doctors have said that he will not need surgery, but will have to be in a hard collar for a minimum of 12 weeks. Preacher has been an intricate part of the CZW Academy as well as an important member of the production team in addition to his duties in the ring. This is truly a tough break for such a positive influence in the locker, however everyone is relieve that it is generally a positive outlook. Every member of the Combat Zone has Preacher and his family in their thoughts and prayers as well as wish Preacher the best in recovery. Preacher and his family thank all the fans for the well wishes in this trying time.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

rovert posted:

RockNess Monsters will have a big year there.

Please don't say things like this

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There's a lot of talent unhappiness towards Sinclair over their lack of investment in ROH, the restrictions on selling their own merch, people having long memories on signing contracts based on the plan of running 2 to 3 triple shot weekends a month, issues with booking between the lack of communication and the quality of it etc.

I could see one or two people leave or more people going a bit more freelance and work without a contract.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

rovert posted:

At least Willie Mack and RockNess Monsters will have a big year there.

RockNES Monsters could be the only people on the roster and I wouldn't see them having a big year.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Goodtime is fine. Yuma is loving atrocious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert posted:

There's a lot of talent unhappiness towards Sinclair over their lack of investment in ROH, the restrictions on selling their own merch, people having long memories on signing contracts based on the plan of running 2 to 3 triple shot weekends a month, issues with booking between the lack of communication and the quality of it etc.

I could see one or two people leave or more people going a bit more freelance and work without a contract.

If this is indeed the case (and I know the merch thing is at the very least) the last thing they should to is try to prohibit guys from working shows they enjoy. As you said it's not like they're running enough dates for guys to make a living off them and this is just going to exacerbate morale issues.

• Locked thread