Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

brb, gonna go learn n64 romhacking so I can put this in, while also replacing the z-target lockon sound with "hi friend!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Forget everyone in this thread, I'm perfectly fine with you giving Fae whatever advice and tips you want as long as you say "Hey, listen" first and she has to ask you what you want to say.

... I know we're making an awful lot of suggestions/requests for how you do YOUR LP, but drat if this isn't one of the best ideas I have heard out of this thread!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Tengames posted:

brb, gonna go learn n64 romhacking so I can put this in, while also replacing the z-target lockon sound with "hi friend!"

I now want to play OoT like this.

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012

Forget everyone in this thread, I'm perfectly fine with you giving Fae whatever advice and tips you want as long as you say "Hey, listen" first and she has to ask you what you want to say.

Please do not do this.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.

If he starts doing that, we will come to hate him more than Navi. Maybe even more than Fi. I know, I know - it sounds like hyperbole on the last one, but it's a distinct possibility.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Valgaav posted:

Please do not do this.

Yeah, If you wanna do it, do it right. You gotta say "Hey!" and then Fae gives you permission to speak, after which you say "Listen!" followed by your advice. It's authentic. :colbert:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Cheez posted:

Yeah, If you wanna do it, do it right. You gotta say "Hey!" and then Fae gives you permission to speak, after which you say "Listen!" followed by your advice. It's authentic. :colbert:

This guy's got the right idea.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
M<y only issue so far is you not knowing how to use the shield. But I think that's because you came at this game from Link to the Past, whereas the first Zelda game I owned and beat was Link's Awakening on Gameboy. (I still think that's the best Zelda game, both in terms of writing and gameplay).

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

I wonder how many people have found the secret button :ninja:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I wonder how many people have found the secret button :ninja:

It felt like I was cheating a bit, since my work-computer has Firebug pretty much on default.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

ChaosArgate, this is why we're friends.

Speaking of, this totally needs a "hi, friend!" button.

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

It felt like I was cheating a bit, since my work-computer has Firebug pretty much on default.

NoScript makes it easy to get at too.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Faerie Fortune posted:

ChaosArgate, this is why we're friends.

Speaking of, this totally needs a "hi, friend!" button.

Give me a recording of you saying "Hi friend!" And I'll add it in.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Man if she likes OOT this much as an adult imagine her take on Wind Waker...

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So in Tea's "I was a kid and this poo poo happened" update:

When I first met a Beamos, I was pretty full of myself, I still had my Lon Lon Milk and full health. I ran in, ready to mess up the dungeon and tried to attack the Beamos. It took off three hearts of health before I made a hasty retreat, using some Milk.

I concluded the area was too difficult to go without a full bottle, so I ran all the way back to Kakariko and got myself some more milk from a cow before going back to the dungeon.

When I got to that bomb wall near the traps, I tried for about 10 minutes to get the bomb to hit the wall.

Eventually my 10 year old mind became convinced that doing this was not actually possible and I went an hour looking through Dodongo's Cavern for an alternate solution.

Not finding one, I got frustrated with the game, quit and asked my dad to buy me a strategy guide. He did the next day, I read through it, realised what had happened and wanted to kick myself.

This strategy guide then proceeded to ruin OOT for me. I mean, I loved it, but I don't think I solved a puzzle by myself after that.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hi friend!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I have no idea what you are saying in the secret button.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

HardDisk posted:

I have no idea what you are saying in the secret button.

It's just a joke from the 007 Legends thread where Jobbo_Fett and I constantly lambast Eurocom.

"Thanks, Eurocom"

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"Hey listen" are still on the same button, voted 0/10.

(Seriously, this is awesome)

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I've still catching up on this, but holy God this LP is awesome. It really does bring me back to when I was a dumb kid trying to figure this stuff out. I got stuck on trying to get into the castle for hours. It took me forever to discover that you could light deku sticks on fire and then light other torches. Man I sucked back then.

There are some bosses I cannot wait to see fought with someone playing blind. And since it's pretty much an OoT legend and already mentioned in the OP, I can't wait to see the Water Temple attempted. So many cool things coming up.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The Water Temple is overhyped.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Some Numbers posted:

A little. But that doesn't make it any less annoying.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ice Fist posted:

A little. But that doesn't make it any less annoying.

I'm going to table this discussion until we get there.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

I hope I'm one of the copilots for the Water Temple. That is going to be super awesome fun. It might take 15 videos to get through it all. Aside from it being long, though, I never found the Water Temple to be that bad. The temple right after it, though, is another story entirely. That temple can go copulate itself.

After seeing Fae's current run-through of the dungeon thus far, I feel that it would be wise to revise my previous assessment of how many attempts she will need to defeat the boss. I'm going to adjust the number from 3 to 9. I'm sorry, Fae, but my confidence has been shaken.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

FoolyCharged posted:

I remember this being true for most zeldas, but when this thread inspired me to pull out masterquest on the remake using the fairy would still only heal 8, but it full healed on death. Of course that could be a master quest/3ds remake thing?

It's an OoT thing. Red potions are useless in this game compared to fairies.

Pretty sure they heal only 10 in Majora's Mask though. Or 8. I don't remember.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Can we please not have discussions about future dungeons? Please?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Can we please not have discussions about future dungeons? Please?

Sorry. I definitely started this. :smith:

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

tiistai posted:

It's an OoT thing. Red potions are useless in this game compared to fairies.

Pretty sure they heal only 10 in Majora's Mask though. Or 8. I don't remember.

They still bring you to full in MM. In LttP they do 7. Forget about WW but I think it's still full there. Minish Cap they only do 3 and are horrid garbage as a result, TP they heal... 5? I think?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I hope we can keep adding to the sound board throughout this LP, until the final update is entirely commentated by the sound board.

Incidentally, I vote for adding "Oh goodness, no" from the Skulltula update in there.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I realized I had not officially thrown my hat into the ring of "How many times will Fae die to the boss?"

I'm going to say 7, even though I don't even need any forums upgrades.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I hope we can keep adding to the sound board throughout this LP, until the final update is entirely commentated by the sound board.

Incidentally, I vote for adding "Oh goodness, no" from the Skulltula update in there.

Oh don't worry about adding to the soundboard, it's easy to add new buttons to it! :v:

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
Just jumping in to say this LP is fantastic and all the people working on it are fantastic and please do more things like this because it's great. :allears:

Like other people have said in the thread, it's very neat to see someone experience this game for the first time. It seems like it reminds a lot of people of their first time playing. You guys are doing a good job with the presentation as well! It's great to hear Fae's enthusiasm about the game, and fun to see her figure out puzzles. ChaosArgate has a great sense of timing for comments as well, and does a good job explaining things without spoiling things. Also I laughed at how often Fae mentions something in OOT being scary because one of my favorite 3D Zeldas is Majora's Mask.

Anyway, thanks for putting in the time and effort to make this entertaining! Definitely looking forward to future episodes. It seems like Fae is enjoying OOT, so I hope she'll be encouraged to try more 3D games in the series!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So does this version have the song that was removed because of lyrics from the Koran? Cause that song owwwwwns.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Eifert Posting posted:

So does this version have the song that was removed because of lyrics from the Koran? Cause that song owwwwwns.

We'll see when we get there and we'll talk then.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm thinking it's the original version, because the blocks have crescent moons and stars on them.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Cartheon posted:

I'm thinking it's the original version, because the blocks have crescent moons and stars on them.

My Collecter's Edition GCN disc has stupid brown blocks.

Azure Dreamer
Oct 14, 2012

wearing sunglasses makes me a cool kid

ChaosArgate posted:

Admittedly, she's already finished this dungeon, but yeah that kind of talk shouldn't happen til either after it happens or the dungeon is finished!

Fair enough. I didn't even realize that would count as a spoiler until after folks went "you should prolly keep that a secret until it happens."

Yorkshire Tea posted:

stuff about being bad at the game as a kid

All my funny childhood OoT stories either happened back in the forest or else not until much later, but while it's still a little relevant; when I first played the game I got stuck for weeks in the first dungeon because I couldn't figure out you had to jump through the web (I was not a very bright child.) And then I somehow got it in my head that in order to get in to see Darunia I needed that power bracelet the manual mentioned so I could uproot grass - I think a friend told me that was the case. I spent far longer than I'd care to admit scouring the world for that bracelet so I could lift grass and get in to see Darunia because, as I said, I was not a very bright child.

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
I admire the monster-name-writers' attempt to create a sort of Hylian linguistic continuity with the something+fos ala Stalfos (from the older Zelda games) and Wolfos, where -fos is there to be the suffix for warrior (or maybe hostile humanoid.)

However, I think Lizalfos is a really bad name. It stumbles off the tongue weird, and by the time you say it right the monster's already stabbed you.

Drakli fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Nov 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Patter Song posted:

We'll see when we get there and we'll talk then.

Haha you seriously think that would be considered a spoiler? Ok dude.

• Locked thread