Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
I'm not saying you wouldn't have lost but you would certainly have looked less stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
(what I'm saying is Mark Sanchez is stupid)

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

So it's his fault he's not 7 feet tall?

I mean, yeah, after that, he shoulda fell on the ball, but when the long snapper decides to pull a Favre and aim one for the upper deck, what are you gonna do?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I notice you ignored the 4 TOs

He's a funslinger, those things happen

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Toaster Beef posted:

the interceptions come because he's forcing the ball in ways he'd never be forcing it if things were looking even remotely competitive

You're right that you were hosed from the jump in this one, but forcing balls needlessly and creating turnovers is pretty much what Mark Sanchez does.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

cucka posted:

So it's his fault he's not 7 feet tall?

I mean, yeah, after that, he shoulda fell on the ball, but when the long snapper decides to pull a Favre and aim one for the upper deck, what are you gonna do?

It hit him right in the hands.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Lets just agree that crowning Sanchez after one good game against a poo poo team was as dumb as crowning Kirk Cousins after one good game against a poo poo team.

The Packers were very likely to beat the Eagles and Sanchez was the backup for a reason. He might be okay as of yet.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

FuriousxGeorge posted:

The game was a rout by the end of the first quarter through no fault of his own. You put him in a shootout mode against Aaron Rodgers and it's not gonna be a great result. Maybe focus more of your attention on Bradley Fletcher who didn't even look like he belongs in the NFL? The front seven that couldn't get close to Rodgers? On the special teams that gave up a punt return even with a gunner in perfect position to make the stop? The receivers who dropped balls that hit them on the hand? The line that gave Sanchez zero chance on some of those sacks? It was a an all-phases disaster, Sanchez was not gonna save it and Foles wouldn't have either.

Hate to say it but this post is 100% true and it's hard to laugh at Sanchez right now. That said, Bradley Fletcher was probably your best DB out there because he knocked a sure-fire TD right the gently caress out of Randall Cobb's hands. It was the only decent play the Eagles secondary made all day.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Febreeze posted:

Lets just agree that crowning Sanchez after one good game against a poo poo team was as dumb as crowning Kirk Cousins after one good game against a poo poo team.

The Packers were very likely to beat the Eagles and Sanchez was the backup for a reason. He might be okay as of yet.

Look fucker if we didn't make kneejerk reactions to performances with the collective memory of a goldfish we might actually have to be insightful and understand the sport in a meaningful way

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

nrr posted:

Breaking news, eagles use time machine to start Matt Barkley against the packers earlier today and win 54-53!

40-39 would be more believable (because Barkley would not have contributed 14 points directly to the other team).

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
He uh, probably would have.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Bort Bortles posted:

40-39 would be more believable (because Barkley would not have contributed 14 points directly to the other team).

poo poo, he'd have given the Packers at least 20. So, 59-20?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Lasagna Pilot posted:

The Eagles should totally fire Chip Kelly for that performance

Agree 100%.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
I would have Appreciated if the officials had thrown any flags for the times that Mark Sanchez was hit helmet to helmet before the game was horrendously out of reach.

Otherwise, typical day in the office for ol' Mark.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Why would they have won if they played the game in Florida?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I missed a large part of the game. Who was worse... Cutler last week or Sanchez this week?

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Retail Slave posted:

I missed a large part of the game. Who was worse... Cutler last week or Sanchez this week?

The answer is Eli Manning.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Quarter

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Backs

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Are

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Not

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Awlays

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

The

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Best

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

nrr you are my hero

Fenrir posted:

poo poo, he'd have given the Packers at least 20. So, 59-20?

Sshhh

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Sanchez is garbage. Orton will regress to the mean. Romo will prove himself unclutch down the stretch when the Cowboys need to rely on him the most. These things have been foretold long before you sons of bitches were making gifs, comics or snarky comments. And it shall be done.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

And I think when we look back on the forums history this thread will be the equivalent of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO725Hbzfls

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
someone once told me, 'football is a flat circle.' everything they've ever done or will do, they're gonna do over and over and over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ztQMr7VqA

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Nov 17, 2014

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It's too bad Sanchez is on such a garbage team yet again.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Badfinger posted:

I would have Appreciated if the officials had thrown any flags for the times that Mark Sanchez was hit helmet to helmet before the game was horrendously out of reach.

Otherwise, typical day in the office for ol' Mark.

Yeah, I would like to watch the alternate reality version of the game where those hits are called. I don't think that the final outcome would be much different, because the defense played for poo poo, but having your first two drives end on non called helmet to helmet hits while the opponent goes up 17-0 is not a great way to start a football game.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUX40qgoehE

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Bip Roberts posted:

It's too bad Sanchez is on such a garbage team yet again.

When is Mark Sanchez gonna get a fair chance in the NFL?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Supergenius coaches can not always stop Mark Sanchez from sailing passes to the other team. It's what he does.

Also that snap/fumble/td was 100% on him.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Please change thread title to "Mark Sanchez Depreciation Station" TIA.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Also, I fully believe that Philly will find a way to turn the Sanchize into a second round pick by next season. I'm favoring Houston or Buffalo, but you can't rule out the Jets.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I feel Tanier captured the whiplash over-reactions well this morning:

quote:

One week, Mark Sanchez is the punchline to an old joke. The next, he's the toast of Philadelphia, the guy everybody knew should have started the season opener instead of that detestable, washed-up Nick Foles (Pro Bowl participant last year, left the field with the lead in the fourth quarter of a playoff game, 5-2 as a full-game starter this year).

Now, Sanchez has been reSanchezified into the silly barrel. Drew Stanton is the hero now. Or maybe it's Ryan Mallett. Or Shaun Hill. Until next week.

It's dizzying. It's nauseating. It's ridiculous. The bipolar way we talk about quarterbacks—all-time smash this week, all-time trash next week—is getting worse. It's not a fun, pulpy soap opera anymore; it's attention-deficit theater. Trying to have a real discussion about the journeyman quarterbacks who are going to shape this year's playoff race is like trying to have an intelligent conversation at a rave.

Sanchez was terrible in a 53-20 Eagles loss to the Packers. He overthrew open receivers, tossed a pair of interceptions (one into Julius Peppers' belly) and lost two fumbles, comically flailing as he chased one aborted snap like he was trying to pick up a 20-dollar bill on a fishing line.

"Mark Sanchez looked terrible" is not a sentence that I expected to write in the opening of an NFL roundup in 2014; it's like writing, "The ocean looks wet." But Sanchez had a pretty good game (two touchdowns, a modest 54.1 percent completion rate) against the Panthers on Monday night and a pretty good game (two touchdowns, two interceptions) in a relief win against the Texans the week prior.

"Pretty good" is not a recognized category of quarterback performance anymore, so Sanchez's two wins instantly propelled him back into the national spotlight.

Hangover Headquarters is located in the Philadelphia area, so I expected a little Sanchez is so awesome over-exuberance from the local fans, who love adding to the city's Donovick Cunningjawshoying quarterback scrap heap. But I had several conversations with everyone from my fellow basketball dads to the hosts of talk radio shows from other cities last week that went something like this:

So, Mike, what is Mark Sanchez bringing to the Eagles offense that Nick Foles couldn't?

Well, Sanchez has a non-broken collarbone. That's a considerable advantage over Foles right now. He had also gone nearly two weeks without a two-interception game. But given a defensive touchdown, a special teams touchdown, two defensive turnovers to set up short drives and an opponent like the Panthers that surrounds its quarterback with Lilliputians, Foles probably could have squeezed out a win.

A trouncing at the hands of the Packers placed Sanchez right back in butt-fumble territory. A win over the Titans next week will place him in a brief holding pattern before a Thanksgiving game in Dallas, which will either make him Philadelphia's greatest hero since Dave Schultz or lead to a public draw-and-quartering on Broad Street.

Is this trip really necessary? Sanchez is a backup quarterback like any other: good enough to lead his team past a bad opponent, not good enough to lead them to victory on the road against a much better opponent.

He has done nothing surprising since taking over for Foles, yet we made the Eagles story (good team with some obvious flaws), the Packers story (great team, great quarterback, great home-field advantage) and the Panthers story (Cam Newton and a bunch of Revolutionary War re-enactors) into yet another silly quarterback rise-and-fall tale.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2269955-mike-taniers-monday-morning-hangover-same-old-sanchez-new-drew-stanton

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Look at the score in that gif, look at the quarter. Falling on that ball dials up 3rd and 18, down 13 to 46 with 10 minutes left in the game against an opponent that is just sacking you all day. Trying to pick-up the ball and throw it away or make a pass was absolutely the correct decision, as it was the only hope the team had. Every possession mattered at that point.

The ball being picked up and returned for a TD didn't change anything that hadn't already been stated in the three previous quarters.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

I watched highlights (is that the right word?) of the Eagles game and that Peppers pick six was vintage Sanchez

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

Chilichimp posted:

Look at the score in that gif, look at the quarter. Falling on that ball dials up 3rd and 18, down 13 to 46 with 10 minutes left in the game against an opponent that is just sacking you all day. Trying to pick-up the ball and throw it away or make a pass was absolutely the correct decision, as it was the only hope the team had. Every possession mattered at that point.

The ball being picked up and returned for a TD didn't change anything that hadn't already been stated in the three previous quarters.

not being able to handle a slightly off target shotgun snap is totally on the QB regardless of game situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Monkeycheese posted:

not being able to handle a slightly off target shotgun snap is totally on the QB regardless of game situation

Congratulations! You are Mark Sanchez and that snap is The loving PointTM

• Locked thread