Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

So I didn't see that pre-2013 characters didn't work so assuming it was busted, ported my newer, less levelled and rich PS3 character.
Now the option to transfer again is disabled :sigh: wonder if they'll give people another chance when they have the pre-2013 characters working. Didn't get my 500k preorder bonus either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

ethanol posted:

If you ever played forza horizon and thought drat I wish I could get out and bludgeon the other drivers than boy do I have a game for you. First person driving is the way to go

I can't wait for someone to mod in the cars from FH2.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Lawen posted:

Going really slow for me as well. Also, what % does it need to get to before you can start playing on XBONE?

I bought digitally to dl while I was sleeping but I saw a notification at 3% that you could boot it up. If its like sunset overdrive you can roam around and do some sidestuff pretty quick.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

StabMasterArson posted:

So I didn't see that pre-2013 characters didn't work so assuming it was busted, ported my newer, less levelled and rich PS3 character.
Now the option to transfer again is disabled :sigh: wonder if they'll give people another chance when they have the pre-2013 characters working. Didn't get my 500k preorder bonus either.

I imported my super old character just fine this afternoon. It didn't work this morning though, it's probably just launch day server issues.

As far as the bonus, did you check the Playstation Store inside the Pause menu?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

First person mode totally changes the way this game plays, it's amazing. The driving is so much easier for some reason, it feels more responsive and a lot less twitchy at the same time. I will say that shooting seems harder if you don't use cover and auto assist. The reticle either moves too slow or overshoots past the target. Is it me or do the buildings don't seem to have as much detail as the shrubbery? I am driving around everywhere and can't enjoy the scenery though.

Jammer Jones
Jul 11, 2002

Member of the Yomiko Readman Fanboy Army!
Just to make sure, when I am able to transfer from xbox 360 to xbone , it only transfers the GTA Online stuff but none of the single player progress, correct?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lyer posted:

First person mode totally changes the way this game plays, it's amazing. The driving is so much easier for some reason, it feels more responsive and a lot less twitchy at the same time. I will say that shooting seems harder if you don't use cover and auto assist. The reticle either moves too slow or overshoots past the target. Is it me or do the buildings don't seem to have as much detail as the shrubbery? I am driving around everywhere and can't enjoy the scenery though.

I feel terrible at driving in first person, any tips? It feels way more twitchy to me, especially since the roads in games like Forza are usually a little more oversized for clean racing. It's nice that you can set the options to automatically pan out to third person for driving, but I'd like it if I felt like I could drive down the road without running into everything (I realize it's GTA and all, but come on).

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
In first person stole a car, am driving down the road glance over to see someone in the passenger seat, I do what anyone would do. I pulled out my SMG and shot him in the face, it triggered the cops

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

DrNutt posted:

I feel terrible at driving in first person, any tips? It feels way more twitchy to me, especially since the roads in games like Forza are usually a little more oversized for clean racing. It's nice that you can set the options to automatically pan out to third person for driving, but I'd like it if I felt like I could drive down the road without running into everything (I realize it's GTA and all, but come on).

I let off the gas and brake a lot when turning and slow down to avoid poo poo hitting me, unlike other games the cars you're chasing don't seem to get an insurmountable lead if you actually take time to slow down and avoid poo poo. I also "feather" the gas when I need to get more response when steering, the driving physics aren't the best in the world, but it does seem to be easier to turn if you're not accelerating (like most decent racing game should). I also don't do a lot of countersteering if I veer too far into one direction. I just let off the gas, slow down a bit until things get more stable then floor it. It's hard to put into words, I'm just used to playing a lot of lovely racing games.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Anyone else having someone framerate issues on ps4 when weaving in and out of traffic?

Yes, consistently. It's the biggest letdown about the game to be honest, as if you go at a high speed and dodge through traffic the fps drops noticeably.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Driving becomes easier when you get 100% driving skill, just fyi. There is a reason why driving sort of sucks at the start, single and multi player.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

First person driving is surprisingly easy (and I'm one of those idiots who only ever has the trigger held completely down or completely off.)

Still abuse Franklins special ability during races though.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
So far I've put around 12 hours into the game, with pretty much every minute spent in first person mode, and I find myself asking how I ever played this game without it.

If I try to do anything in third person like driving or walking around, it feels awkward/less responsive. There's been a few missions where going quickly to third person makes it a little easier - like the early mission with beverly where he asks you to drive up next to another motorcycle, and some missions with trevor where you have to land a plane.

Also I really like the new weather effects.

Tip: Turn off headbobbing and put fov to max.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Has anyone found any of the monkey graffiti yet? I can't find anyone online who has either.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So why is no-one posting pimped up neon cars?

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
The new Peyote stuff is weird and brilliant.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Pork Pie Hat posted:

The new Peyote stuff is weird and brilliant.

I've only just read about that. Cannot wait to BECOME A loving CHICKEN :duckie:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Jammer Jones posted:

Just to make sure, when I am able to transfer from xbox 360 to xbone , it only transfers the GTA Online stuff but none of the single player progress, correct?

Correct - SP starts from scratch.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Creature posted:

I shunted him off the bike, then as I got out of the car to grab it, some rear end in a top hat in a 4WD drove straight into it. Bike destroyed, mission failed. :(
Always carry a silenced micro SMG and shoot the windows / rider. The silencer decreases the penetration of the rounds so they do proportionally less damage to the car and more to the driver. Makes car stealing missions a lot easier.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
This is my first time playing GTA since 2001. During the very first mission in the story, the flashback, I'm robbing the bank with two other guys. We are fighting with the cops outside and as I'm advancing to cover, I get shot in the back of my head by my buddy and the mission ends. I think I'm going to enjoy this game. :3:

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Obsurveyor posted:

I imported my super old character just fine this afternoon. It didn't work this morning though, it's probably just launch day server issues.

As far as the bonus, did you check the Playstation Store inside the Pause menu?

This was just as the game came out and it won't give me a second chance now. Tried the PS Store, didn't get the preorder bonus. I'd even consider buying shark cards at this rate :sigh:
Don't gimp yourself like I did, I guess

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Riding to the yellow meeting point after the Michael mission where he escapes the morgue and the framerate tanks hard on PS4, but that's after the police lose track and traffic goes back up to normal. Did anybody else experience that?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

StabMasterArson posted:

This was just as the game came out and it won't give me a second chance now. Tried the PS Store, didn't get the preorder bonus. I'd even consider buying shark cards at this rate :sigh:
Don't gimp yourself like I did, I guess

The preorder bonus is not in the Playstation store proper. You can only see it and collect it if while playing GTA V you hit start to bring up the map/menu screen and scroll to the far right tab which is PSN Store. You have to do this once online and once offline to collect the rewards for each.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

BitBasher posted:

The preorder bonus is not in the Playstation store proper. You can only see it and collect it if while playing GTA V you hit start to bring up the map/menu screen and scroll to the far right tab which is PSN Store. You have to do this once online and once offline to collect the rewards for each.

Yeah sorry that's what I meant. Doesn't work for my Online character or Michael, Franklin seems to have his 500k though.
Is it worth contacting support about?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

StabMasterArson posted:

Yeah sorry that's what I meant. Doesn't work for my Online character or Michael, Franklin seems to have his 500k though.
Is it worth contacting support about?

The online one was odd for me, I had to activate it, then do it again, then I got it in game several minutes later. Franklin's 500k is it. It's 500k online and 500k offline, but for some reason the entire 500k went to Franklin. Michael got squat.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

BitBasher posted:

The online one was odd for me, I had to activate it, then do it again, then I got it in game several minutes later. Franklin's 500k is it. It's 500k online and 500k offline, but for some reason the entire 500k went to Franklin. Michael got squat.

That's weird. I just bought a Shark card hoping it maybe pushes the reward through (its me I'm the problem etc) but I can't even get online now. Hopefully this sorts itself out.

Shark cards aren't listed through the pause menu iirc, instead you have to press down on GTA in the XMB and scroll down to view all items.
e: V yeah I bought it through PSN

StabMasterArson fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 19, 2014

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

StabMasterArson posted:

That's weird. I just bought a Shark card hoping it maybe pushes the reward through (its me I'm the problem etc) but I can't even get online now. Hopefully this sorts itself out.

Shark cards aren't listed through the pause menu iirc, instead you have to press down on GTA in the XMB and scroll down to view all items.

Shark cards are listed on the pause menu only if you are actively in GTAO. You can't buy shark cards when playing the single player campaign, they don't show up in the store then.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Boy, Ashley looks a lot rougher in PS4-vision than I remember, the increased number of cars on the road has also caused a number of head on collisions, makes it easier to loose the cops though!

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

BitBasher posted:

Do you have to do it for each character, while you are playing that character in-game? I have the pre-order bonus listed but haven't used it yet and I recall at the bottom it says something about "3 Characters".

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Obsurveyor posted:

Do you have to do it for each character, while you are playing that character in-game? I have the pre-order bonus listed but haven't used it yet and I recall at the bottom it says something about "3 Characters".

I was told it only worked once in single player. 500k to one character. Not 500k to each of the three.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Managed to get Online and tried the pause menu store thing, got my shark card money but no preorder bonus still. Guess it doesn't work for imported characters or something

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Metanaut posted:

I don't really know now. When I started playing the game, my TV said 3D signal detected (which it has never done before in any game).

I'm starting to think it was a glitch or something. It looked decent to me, but then again that was the first time ever I've tried the 3D mode. :v:

After messing around with this a bunch last night I couldn't find a setting or anything anywhere. I assume it was some false positive with your tv and it just did that thing 3Dtvs sometimes do where it forces 3D and it's not really doing much, not sure what really happens when you do that as it seemed pointless to me. It would've required quite an overhaul to the game anyway if I'm not mistaken, would also need to be capable of 60fps when not in 3D to achieve 30fps during it.

There was some mention of getting CE/SE stuff if you had that edition before, but I don't have that stuff for free or whatever. Do I need to do the Online Character Transfer thing for that to activate or do I just need to suck it up and buy the garages and other things?

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
never played before.

anyone got any hot stock tips?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

StabMasterArson posted:

Managed to get Online and tried the pause menu store thing, got my shark card money but no preorder bonus still. Guess it doesn't work for imported characters or something

I know it works for imported characters because I am an imported character and I got it just fine after I went to the store and activated it in game.

In the in game PSN menu there will be two main categories listed: Shark cards and bonus packs. The cash will be listed under bonus packs.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
What the hell is the point in buying the golf course?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Anyone have a soundcloud or something for the Danny Brown and Action Bronson track "bad news"? I need dis.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Anyone have a soundcloud or something for the Danny Brown and Action Bronson track "bad news"? I need dis.

How about an updated Spotify playlist? There are ones with the old music - not updated though. :(

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

ThomasPaine posted:

What the hell is the point in buying the golf course?

Income source that takes forever to make back the investment, but mainly it lets you play golf in whatever clothes you want, which is why I always have Trevor buy it.

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014
Can you still replay Coveted for mad money in next gen GTA online? Or have they killed fun, completely? I don't wanna bother getting it unless there's a relatively easy way to get tons of money, without having to poopsock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

BitBasher posted:

I know it works for imported characters because I am an imported character and I got it just fine after I went to the store and activated it in game.

In the in game PSN menu there will be two main categories listed: Shark cards and bonus packs. The cash will be listed under bonus packs.

I can only see Shark Cards, no bonus packs. I did however download the bonus money thing when I was preloading it.
I'd have enough for my yellow countach if I had that money and I'm now going to have to buy even more shark cards if I want it. where's the :rockstar: smiley?

• Locked thread