Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I think the reason they had Cena eliminated and went with Dolph is that they really didn't want to risk people booing Cena as he took down the Authority, because that would have happened (there was a loud Cena Sucks chant during his pep talk). They needed everyone behind that final guy, and another reason is that if it was Cena there would be no doubt he would take down the rest of the team. I really thought Dolph would get down to Rollins then lose valiantly (they got me!). Looks like they're at the stage where they have to book around Cena now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
My only real beef with the show was I wanted to see AJ work because she's really talented and fun to watch.

Sting showing up at the end was okay. I was never a big Sting guy, so I didn't go crazy over it. Maybe if he came out in red facepaint instead of white with the Wolfpac theme playin' I woulda got a big goofy smile on my face.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Alan_Shore posted:

I think the reason they had Cena eliminated and went with Dolph is that they really didn't want to risk people booing Cena as he took down the Authority, because that would have happened (there was a loud Cena Sucks chant during his pep talk). They needed everyone behind that final guy, and another reason is that if it was Cena there would be no doubt he would take down the rest of the team. I really thought Dolph would get down to Rollins then lose valiantly (they got me!). Looks like they're at the stage where they have to book around Cena now.

And that's why they had Cena come out at the end and hug Ziggler, so the Kids still realize that hey, this was Cena's team, Cena is still awesome, tell your parents to buy these Cena towels after the event.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

tonight, on RAW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay1z8jqvbDo

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Ziggler and Seth had some amazing chemistry, I loved their finishing sequence.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!
I'm on board with Cena slowly transitioning to heel as he gets jealous of those spotlight stealing young-guns, brings back Aitch and Steph to secure his spot, and it's heel champion Cena versus Reigns for the title at WMXXXI.

Then, of course, Rollins immediately cashing in on the winner.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

That DICK! posted:

tonight, on RAW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbLgS1i26LI

On second watching of the show, I just realized that my winter coat is the exact same one Singer's wearing, except he took the cape off his duster (shoulda kept it on imo). http://www.jaminleather.com/Heavy-Leather-Duster-Trench-Coat-P981.aspx

Two Beans fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 24, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

I don't think we'll get it, but I really want a Ziggler/Rollins feud.

I don't think we'll get a feud but we'll probably get a bunch of Raw/SD matches between them with no stakes whatsoever, because they're two wrestlers on the roster.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Pozzed as gently caress about RAW tonight

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ScottyBomb posted:

I'm on board with Cena slowly transitioning to heel

Let me stop you right there.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Valeyard posted:

Pozzed as gently caress about RAW tonight

As long as it isn't boring or predictable.

...Cena will turn on Sting won't he.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

Chokes McGee posted:

Let me stop you right there.

A MAN CAN DREAM, DAMMIT!

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.

triplexpac posted:

It's nit picky, but I wish Dolph would have been able to crawl over for the pin after Sting laid HHH out. I'm generally not a fan of the finish where someone just drags a guys lifeless body onto another guy for the pin.

Yeah, it was pretty lovely that the cool young guys were literal props for the beginning of a feud between two 50-year-olds. At least the match before then did a good job putting Ziggler over, although with the best booking will in the world I can't imagine what they do to keep that momentum up -- it seems like all of the top heels already have feud partners for the forseeable future. Does Ziggler just go back to feuding with Harper over the IC title?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
the survivor series main event was probably a MOTYC on work alone but so much of the booking made absolutely no sense. why don't they have guys stay out there after getting eliminated like in the 80s NJPW 5 on 5s? why was being down to 3 on 3 apparently bad enough odds to convince Big Show to switch sides? how were both Ziggler and Rollins knocked out for that long?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Spermgod posted:

the survivor series main event was probably a MOTYC on work alone but so much of the booking made absolutely no sense. why don't they have guys stay out there after getting eliminated like in the 80s NJPW 5 on 5s? why was being down to 3 on 3 apparently bad enough odds to convince Big Show to switch sides? how were both Ziggler and Rollins knocked out for that long?

It was really down to Big Show and Cena since Ziggler was taking a nap at that point. And if Big Show and Cena lost, Cena still would have been fine, it would have just been Big Show that got fired. Turning made perfect sense.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

There are a lot of cool places they can go off of last night but I fully expect them to go back to only Cena matters booking until Reigns comes back. I wish I had optimism but the way they managed to shuffle Bryan into a loving Kane feud immediately after Wrestlemania's high instills no confidence in me.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Spermgod posted:

Because Survivor Series rules say you leave when you're eliminated.
Because it was 2 on 3 and his partner was a corpse.
Because Rollins took 3 consecutive finishers (which is a pretty dumb explanation) and because Ziggler was already a corpse, then he took a pedigree which is a massively protected finisher. That's a pretty good explanation.

how do you not know how to have fun? also everyone is always unconscious for however long it takes

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Gatts posted:

As long as it isn't boring or predictable.

...Cena will turn on Sting won't he.
Turning on Sting? Even Cena can't overcome those odds.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm glad we still have a few hours of Dolph being the badass survivor before John Cena devours his heart on national television. It's a good feeling.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Spermgod posted:

Show saw how hard Rollins worked for his team compared to how Cena just sat around and did nothing. He wanted in on that.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Spermgod posted:

Because WWE in 2014 is not NJPW in the 80s.

Also, Ziggler got beaten to death multiple times by everyone on the heel team and Rollins took like 3 finishers from Ziggler in a row.

e:how do you not know how to have fun?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

maxallen posted:

how do you not know how to have fun?

ignoring your explanations which are pretty ok, please gently caress off with this poo poo

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Spermgod posted:

please gently caress off with this poo poo

no

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

pressedbunny posted:

Turning on Sting? Even Cena can't overcome those odds.

Besides, Sting already has something for that.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

RBX posted:

Just heard on the observer podcast Aj and Nikki were going over their match then got told they had 20 seconds RIGHT before they went out.

If that's true then kudos to AJ for coming up with a Wrestlemania callback as clever as the one they went with. I'm still amazed at how well that was executed (regardless of the booking involved, which was majorly stupid).

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Spermgod posted:

Because wrestling is fake.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Peanut President posted:

Because wrestling is fake.

shhhh

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

bradzilla posted:

They literally setup the breakup after the match. Mizdow got the pin, then Miz celebrated with both belts intentionally to be a dick. I'm not sure how you could've possibly missed that.

I said I HOPE. I saw the signs too, I just wish they wise up and save that for later.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

poo poo I'm gonna get banned ain't I? :smith:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NutritiousSnack posted:

I said I HOPE. I saw the signs too, I just wish they wise up and save that for later.

Much later. If anyone thinks Sandow and Miz are going to have this level of heat no matter what they do separately, they're kidding themselves. Better to keep them together as long as possible instead of rushing this breakup, especially when Adam Rose and the Bunny are inexplicably doing the exact same story.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
really right now I'm very intrigued to what Brock Lesnar is probably going to do to make it bad enough that Cena has to turn back to the Authority to stop it, because you usually wouldn't put that stipulation in place unless you have some inkling of how it'll come back into play

but then again it's the WWE and it probably will never come up again except in some aside jokes here and there

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I gotta say that Adam Rose just standing there waiting for a tag that was never going to come long after the match ended was the best thing either he or Leo Kruger has ever done.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Dimebags Brain posted:

There are a lot of cool places they can go off of last night but I fully expect them to go back to only Cena matters booking until Reigns comes back. I wish I had optimism but the way they managed to shuffle Bryan into a loving Kane feud immediately after Wrestlemania's high instills no confidence in me.

As much as goons dislike Kane, he's a safe worker, an authority member, and has history with Bryan. It was a perfectly fine transition feud before Brock.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

Much later. If anyone thinks Sandow and Miz are going to have this level of heat no matter what they do separately, they're kidding themselves. Better to keep them together as long as possible instead of rushing this breakup, especially when Adam Rose and the Bunny are inexplicably doing the exact same story.

Sandow MIGHT, but Miz going to go back to deathly silent arenas as soon as this angle is over most definitely.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
did anyone mention how awesome Cena was on the apron? i thought he really did a good job getting over the stakes during Ziggler's face in peril section.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I didn't even notice Cena on the apron, other than just before they teased Rowan and Harper

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

DeathChicken posted:

I gotta say that Adam Rose just standing there waiting for a tag that was never going to come long after the match ended was the best thing either he or Leo Kruger has ever done.

This is true. For a drugged out party god, he's also very good at despair.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Everblight posted:

If that's true then kudos to AJ for coming up with a Wrestlemania callback as clever as the one they went with. I'm still amazed at how well that was executed (regardless of the booking involved, which was majorly stupid).

I'm guessing that finish was in mind all along and they held off on telling them until the last minute in fear of AJ pulling an AJ's Husband.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

This is true. For a drugged out party god, he's also very good at despair.

Once the LSD wears off, all that remains is a gnawing emptiness within his soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

NutritiousSnack posted:

Sandow MIGHT, but Miz going to go back to deathly silent arenas as soon as this angle is over most definitely.

Nah, Miz was getting heal heat even before the Damien Mizdow thing.

Miz is great at getting people to boo him, Just holy poo poo never ever ever make him a face.

• Locked thread