Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

solauran posted:

I watched highlights (is that the right word?) of the Eagles game and that Peppers pick six was vintage Sanchez

No, it's called film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013

Monkeycheese posted:

not being able to handle a slightly off target shotgun snap is totally on the QB regardless of game situation

He did fine against the Texans. That was Kelce's first game back and he had like 5-6 awful snaps. Sanchez did a great job of fielding them. I agree with Chili on why he didn't fall on it, too. It wasn't completely his fault. I wonder if we had an Aaron Rogers clone what the score would have looked like.

I'm pretty mad at Bradley Fletcher right now. Also our pass rush is awful. I am not completely down on Sanchez, but I think it would be REALLY loving COOL if we started Terrelle Pryor regardless of how it affects our playoff chances, because let's face it, this is not our year.

Brannigans Law fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 17, 2014

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Brannigans Law posted:

He did fine against the Texans. That was Kelce's first game back and he had like 5-6 awful snaps. Sanchez did a great job of fielding them. I agree with Chili on why he didn't fall on it, too. It wasn't completely his fault. I wonder if we had an Aaron Rogers clone what the score would have looked like.

I'm pretty mad at Bradley Fletcher right now. Also our pass rush is awful. I am not completely down on Sanchez, but I think it would be REALLY loving COOL if we started Terrelle Pryor regardless of how it affects our playoff chances, because let's face it, this is not our year.

It quite honestly looked like they were playing contain to keep Rodgers from running and instead gave him 7 seconds a play

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It quite honestly looked like they were playing contain to keep Rodgers from running and instead gave him 7 seconds a play

Yeah I think that's a strategy Bill Davis employs a lot. I've seen us do the same thing against other teams. It didn't work very well though. I feel like we should have let Aaron Rogers run for 100 yards but made him uncomfortable in the pocket. He looked so calm and smug all game.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Yeah let's force Rodgers to win this game with his arm and make sure he doesn't beat us with his feet, that sounds like the sort of genius coaching that Chip Kelly is known for.

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013

nrr posted:

Yeah let's force Rodgers to win this game with his arm and make sure he doesn't beat us with his feet, that sounds like the sort of genius coaching that Chip Kelly is known for.

Sounds like a Bill Davis thing though? I am probably getting wooshed, nrr, because I generally like your Eagles opinions, but does Kelly have much say in the defense? It's also possible that the Packers o-line had a great day.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Brannigans Law posted:

Sounds like a Bill Davis thing though? I am probably getting wooshed, nrr, because I generally like your Eagles opinions, but does Kelly have much say in the defense? It's also possible that the Packers o-line had a great day.

Im no Vince Lombardi or anything but I'm pretty sure that the top coaches actually communicate back and forth and decide on a gameplan together instead of just putting up privacy screens on their clipboards and yell NO PEEKING at each other all week. Chip loves football. He lives breathes and loving bathes in it. I highly doubt that he just completely ignores the defense and has no say in it at all. Especially on such a huge strategic gameplan like that, and especially especially after teams have been selling out against the run to stop the eagles and forcing Foles and Sanchez to beat them with their arm and FOLES and SANCHEZ have been able to do it.

The direct quote they even got from him at half time was, 'We have GOT to find a way how to get to Aaron Rodgers.' I highly doubt the solution was lol just kidding, we've been playing contain, let's start rushing him now.

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013
Fair enough. I guess it was their o line then. Just seems like an anomaly, but I am used to Packers olines being poo poo and I'm probably biased by how we did against Carolina's non-existent one.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

I'll probably cop poo poo for this because it happens all the time but I saw a lot of holding especially on Trent Cole that went uncalled. Also, the eagles were slipping all over the place yesterday too, which left a number of yards on the field on offense and I'm sure didn't help the pass rush either.

But really, the whole team just layed an egg yesterday. Everyone sucked. Maybe they weren't ready for the cold yet, who knows. I know how cold Philly gets but it has been unseasonably warm lately. I live in a ski town and it normally takes a week or two to acclimatize after that first freezing snap hits. It might seem stupid that a cold weather team was effected by the cold but it also doesn't make sense that the eagles were slipping on a field surface that's very similar to their own as well.

Hopefully that game was an outlier and they can put it behind them, instead of it being the end of Sanchez' confidence and the start of a race to beat the cowboys to 8-8.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

All I'm saying is when a ball hits a receiver's hands they are expected to catch it, shouldn't be any different for a QB during a shotgun snap :colbert:

Judd Crandall
Jan 23, 2005

Bust a move all over your face!

nrr posted:

I'll probably cop poo poo for this because it happens all the time but I saw a lot of holding especially on Trent Cole that went uncalled. Also, the eagles were slipping all over the place yesterday too, which left a number of yards on the field on offense and I'm sure didn't help the pass rush either.

But really, the whole team just layed an egg yesterday. Everyone sucked. Maybe they weren't ready for the cold yet, who knows. I know how cold Philly gets but it has been unseasonably warm lately. I live in a ski town and it normally takes a week or two to acclimatize after that first freezing snap hits. It might seem stupid that a cold weather team was effected by the cold but it also doesn't make sense that the eagles were slipping on a field surface that's very similar to their own as well.

Hopefully that game was an outlier and they can put it behind them, instead of it being the end of Sanchez' confidence and the start of a race to beat the cowboys to 8-8.

Legit question, and not criticizing you, but do you honestly see either of those teams going 8-8?

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

^^^ to be honest no. Although I hope and pray that the cowboys find a way to destroy themselves daily, I doubt the will and I think the two games in 3 weeks that the eagles and cowboys play each other coming up will decide the division. Do I think the eagles will go 8-8? gently caress I hope not but I highly doubt it because I don't think Chip is the kind of guy who let's one lovely game let his team spiral out of control.

Rasczak posted:

All I'm saying is when a ball hits a receiver's hands they are expected to catch it, shouldn't be any different for a QB during a shotgun snap :colbert:

Sure, let's for a second pretend that you're right. Even if you were though, Sanchez pissing into the flood isnt what broke the levee.

nrr fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 18, 2014

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

All I'm saying is if a RB can take 20 hits a game and be expected to get back up again, why should it be any different for Tony Romo? :colbert:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

nrr posted:

All I'm saying is if a RB can take 20 hits a game and be expected to get back up again, why should it be any different for Tony Romo? :colbert:

Same reason why I expect Tom Cable to step up and fill in for Max Unger.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Brannigans Law posted:

Fair enough. I guess it was their o line then. Just seems like an anomaly, but I am used to Packers olines being poo poo and I'm probably biased by how we did against Carolina's non-existent one.

The Packers currently have a good oline. Their 5th round rookie center is the 3rd best in the NFL per PFF.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Eagles fans getting pretty salty about Mark fuckin Sanchez ITT

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
We are just salty in general, the launching point hardly matters.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

(Out of breath) You guys! You guys! I heard something about the Eagles so I brought my batteries

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Try drinking some pineapple juice then.

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013

nrr posted:

I'll probably cop poo poo for this because it happens all the time but I saw a lot of holding especially on Trent Cole that went uncalled.

Yo me too but I though it was just the alcohol maybe. Also slight bias

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Terrelle Pryor will change all of this

Sorry for double post

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Should I be putting rum in the pineapple juice? I'm getting mixed messages here.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

The Eagles are unbeaten at home this season.

Chip Kelly is a fiendish warlock.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Rasczak posted:

Eagles fans getting pretty salty about Mark fuckin Sanchez ITT

Don't get me wrong, Mark Sanchez is clown levels of competence, but when you say stupid poo poo, I'm gonna treat you like a stupid idiot hth.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

nrr posted:

Don't get me wrong, Mark Sanchez is clown levels of competence, but when you say stupid poo poo, I'm gonna treat you like a stupid idiot hth.

Look I understand you're all about the SERIOUS ANGRY POSTS in the Mark Sanchez thread (:lol:), but this is dumb and you should chill

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Its-Official-Pope-Francis-Will-Come-to-Philly-for-World-Meeting-of-Families-282892731.html

The Pope is coming to Philly. Should he be the backup QB in week one or should we just go ahead and start him?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

FuriousxGeorge posted:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Its-Official-Pope-Francis-Will-Come-to-Philly-for-World-Meeting-of-Families-282892731.html

The Pope is coming to Philly. Should he be the backup QB in week one or should we just go ahead and start him?

Well if the track record of behatted Christian figures in Philadelphia is any indication I think he'll have to learn the system first to stand any chance of winning over the crowd.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rasczak posted:

Look I understand you're all about the SERIOUS ANGRY POSTS in the Mark Sanchez thread (:lol:), but this is dumb and you should chill

You guys are both awesome, so I hate butting into what is clearly a divisional squabble, but Nrr is probably the chillest fucker in TFF and nothing he's saying is dumb.

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah mostly it was just me being dumb. I didn't watch the post-game press conference until after I posted like 100 times.

How is Sanchez going to do versus the Titans? More importantly, who is on the Titans' defense?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Brannigans Law posted:

Yeah mostly it was just me being dumb. I didn't watch the post-game press conference until after I posted like 100 times.

How is Sanchez going to do versus the Titans? More importantly, who is on the Titans' defense?

No really. Who plays defense for money in Nashville Tennessee?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

quote:

Think Mark Sanchez likes playing for Chip Kelly? Sanchez completed 30 of 43 passes for 307 yards in the Eagles’ 43-24 win over the Titans on Sunday. Sanchez never even had two straight 300-yard games in his 68 career starts with the Jets, but he now has three straight 300-yard games after his first three starts with the Eagles.

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/11/24/theyre-saying-eagles-89/#fiGEcXxfdlfw0qJs.99[/quot

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Can't wait for my turkey with a side of Sanchez.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
is there anywhere i can put money on a prop bet for another buttfumble. i mean i'm aware the odds would be like winning the lottery, so i'm fine with putting down $25 on that kind of ticket because the payout would be worth it on every level

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Sanchez looks like a very good quarterback and then something bad happens and it looks like he gets flustered and it just snowballs from there.

How some guy who is worth millions, slept with Kate Upton, and has started for two NFL teams has confidence problems I will never be able to figure out. Probably not fixable at this point though.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Sanchez looks like a very good quarterback and then something bad happens and it looks like he gets flustered and it just snowballs from there.

How some guy who is worth millions, slept with Kate Upton, and has started for two NFL teams has confidence problems I will never be able to figure out. Probably not fixable at this point though.

I think starting for that first NFL team might be the problem

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The Jets, son

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

But seriously though, Sanchez will have a massive number of turnovers regardless of the team he plays for. I can't even say his ceiling is Eli because Eli is way more accurate and composed. He just goes retarded a few times per game and a lot of those mistakes end up causing losses. If the team is good enough you can still win and put up points despite the QB play.

He's played 3.5 games and has 6 INTs, 5 fumbles. That's pretty standard Sanchez.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 25, 2014

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ozu posted:

But seriously though, Sanchez will have a massive number of turnovers regardless of the team he plays for. I can't even say his ceiling is Eli because Eli is way more accurate and composed. He just goes retarded a few times per game and a lot of those mistakes end up causing losses. If the team is good enough you can still win and put up points despite the QB play.

He's played 3.5 games and has 6 INTs, 5 fumbles. That's pretty standard Sanchez.

The worst part is he seems so genuinely nice and likable but goddamn, you're getting paid millions to not do a stupid thing. It'd be fine if it was outside his athletic ability but it's all mental.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Confident people can be stupid. Maybe he makes bad reads and does stupid things because he's stupid, not because he has a problem keeping his dick up during prime time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sweet thursday posted:

Confident people can be stupid. Maybe he makes bad reads and does stupid things because he's stupid, not because he has a problem keeping his dick up during prime time.

Stupid people are often confident.

• Locked thread