Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

simplefish posted:

The Little Big Planet is the only version I've seen where the graphics stand a chance of staying true to the original feel
Yanno what, that is an excellent point and I fully support this cuz that looks adorably perfect.
Now they really ARE made of pipe cleaners for arms! :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Swillkitsch posted:

I love Rufus. He's just like, poo poo's happening, I don't know what the gently caress, Shinra out /mic drop

He's the only reason to watch "Advent Children." So much more interesting a character than Sephiroth.

Also Kefka is better than Sephiroth HA TAKE THAT BITCHES

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...

Majorian posted:

He's the only reason to watch "Advent Children." So much more interesting a character than Sephiroth.

Also Kefka is better than Sephiroth HA TAKE THAT BITCHES

Well they're very different. However, after Dissidia I have to agree that Kefka is basically the best. Dave Wittenberg deserves an award for that poo poo.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Yeah, I was just being a jerk there, sorry.;) I do think Rufus is very underrated as a bad guy in this game, though. Probably partially because the original English translation for his lines are just abysmal, even by this game's standards.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 24, 2014

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey guys. I just finished the game 100%, got all but two videos ready and formatted.

Because of the optional stuff these last few chapters of the game actually took longer than I thought but that's it. I'm done with the game. Hoorah.

No promises but I'll try to get back to a more regular schedule after this hiatus.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
It's a Thanksgiving miracle! :woop: Eagerly looking forward to it.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Hell yes!

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
So have you started planning your Xenogears LP yet?

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense

Elentor posted:

Hey guys. I just finished the game 100%, got all but two videos ready and formatted.

Because of the optional stuff these last few chapters of the game actually took longer than I thought but that's it. I'm done with the game. Hoorah.

No promises but I'll try to get back to a more regular schedule after this hiatus.

YESSS!!!:iia:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

George posted:

I wanted to do a blind run LP of FFXII but I'll probably not do another LP anytime soon. If I do it'll probably be a VLP though.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Elentor posted:

I wanted to do a blind run LP of FFXII but I'll probably not do another LP anytime soon. If I do it'll probably be a VLP though.
Vanilla or IZJS?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nihilarian posted:

Vanilla or IZJS?

Everyone says IZJS is the way to go, but like I said it probably won't happen.

There's still plenty of stuff to cover in this one anyway. These last few chapters took a lot of hours of gameplay, but I'm particularly happy with how things went. Especially with the last boss.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

George posted:

yes. yes. YES!

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

George posted:

Man, if we did Xenogears it would be an inter-generational LP. Our lawyers all solemnly reading our wills, declaring which of our children will bear the burden of F5-ing the thread on the NeuroNet.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

As long as we're making pointless suggestions, do Xenosaga instead. Xenogears already had an excellent LP.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Xander77 posted:

As long as we're making pointless suggestions, do Xenosaga instead. Xenogears already had an excellent LP.

That's true, but TDI is a bit more matter of fact about things and I'd love to see Elentor go into some of that wacky subtext.

George
Nov 27, 2004

I was kidding, Xenogears doesn't deserve Elentor and FFXII is my favorite game. Things are perfect.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Xander77 posted:

Xenosaga doesn't deserve yet another LP.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Xenosaga doesn't deserve to exist in the memory of humankind.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Xenosaga doesn't deserve to exist in the memory of humankind.

WHat a terrible thing to say. I'll have you know Xenosaga is an amazing soudntrack!

George
Nov 27, 2004

MonsieurChoc posted:

WHat a terrible thing to say. I'll have you know Xenosaga is an amazing soudntrack!

Let's not have the argument about music links again.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
This thread had it's own little tab opened in my browser for nearly three and a half years now. It will be missed.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Elentor can move on to FFIX!

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Kheldarn posted:

Elentor can move on to FFIX!

I wouldn't discourage anyone from LPing this game because I love it, but The White Dragon's FFIX LP was pretty definitive.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Sade posted:

I wouldn't discourage anyone from LPing this game because I love it, but The White Dragon's FFIX LP was pretty definitive.

Elentor can do a level 1 playthrough of the game! You don't mind tearing your hair out watching a fork fail to petrify a dude for three hours, right?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Xenogears and FFXII are both among my Top JRPGs so I am pleased either way.

I would eagerly look forward to an in-depth discussion of FFXII's world, plot and characters. There's a lot of grey there that you don't usually see in an FF game and it could spawn some pretty interesting discussions.

As for Xenosaga, I love it, but ScurvyKip is already embarking on the monumental task and he's done a helluva job.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

BrainWeasel already did a masterpiece of an FF12 IZJS LP.
Seriously go read and watch it.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
"All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again."

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike

Ghostwoods posted:

"All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again."

So say we all.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

On the other hand, there hasn't been a non-drama queen LP of FF8 to my knowledge. Granted, whether the game deserves one is another matter.

e: Ditto for FF10, though at least TDI started one before his PS2 exploded or whatever happened. And it's a somewhat more deserving game.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Vil posted:

On the other hand, there hasn't been a non-drama queen LP of FF8 to my knowledge. Granted, whether the game deserves one is another matter.

I'm not sure whether being a drama queen changes how decent Leovinus's FFVIII LP was. And Azure Horizon was a rapist so even if Leo was dramatic I think he comes out on top

Boardroom Jimmy
Aug 20, 2006

Ahhh ballet

Vil posted:

Well, Cool Ghost just started an LP of FF8 so it looks like there will be one. So far so good on that one, but that's not saying much since it only has 3 updates so far. Still, he's aware of what happened with the other ones so I think he'll try and avoid those problems.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Vil posted:

e: Ditto for FF10, though at least TDI started one before his PS2 exploded or whatever happened. And it's a somewhat more deserving game.

VIII has just as many redeeming qualities as this game does and suffers a lot from the same problem of everyone only remembering "The main character is emo" (let's remember that for all of VIII's laughable moments, this game is pretty easy to make fun of too).

Boardroom Jimmy posted:

Well, Cool Ghost just started an LP of FF8 so it looks like there will be one. So far so good on that one, but that's not saying much since it only has 3 updates so far. Still, he's aware of what happened with the other ones so I think he'll try and avoid those problems.

Got a link to it? It's not on the Master List yet and I didn't see it on a cursory glance through the topic list.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

morallyobjected posted:

Got a link to it? It's not on the Master List yet and I didn't see it on a cursory glance through the topic list.

Here.

Lavender menace
Nov 7, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm not sure what a good LP of FF8 would even look like. The combat is just broken, you can catalogue the 100+ reasons why that is, but it doesn't change the fact that it completely neuters the gameplay aspect of a potential let's play.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lavender menace posted:

I'm not sure what a good LP of FF8 would even look like. The combat is just broken, you can catalogue the 100+ reasons why that is, but it doesn't change the fact that it completely neuters the gameplay aspect of a potential let's play.

Well, not necessarily. Some LPers (and of course readers) love destroying the gameplay side in an LP, just look at all of OFS's stuff. Whether it's killing the final boss in an instant death counterattack proc without ever touching him, bugging out an SRPG's turn clock, or beating the Riovanes Rooftop with naked and skill-less Calculators, gamebreaking playthroughs have a surprising amount to offer.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 29, 2014

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I imagine there's an interesting challenge run out there, if you don't want to break the game over your knee.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Lavender menace posted:

are people really reading this LP for the engaging combat mechanics?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Boardroom Jimmy posted:

what problems have they had?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boardroom Jimmy
Aug 20, 2006

Ahhh ballet

TommyGun85 posted:

what problems have they had?

Well, Leovinus pulled his original FF8 LP off the archive because he felt the jokes he made were juvenile and homophobic and wanted to redo it. He started a new one but didn't get very far into it before it disappeared. And while Azure Horizon's LP was pretty good, it got pulled off the archives as well after he was banned for admitting to basically being a rapist.

• Locked thread