Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If you dislike after Ryback after hearing him openly admit that he's dumb as gently caress, you are bad.

rovert posted:

Do you think Austin will touch on this next Monday:

"Exclusively on WWE Network", so no.
I'm assuming there's going to be a set of pre-vetted topics, minimal breaking of the suspension of disbelief around Wrestlemen as a whole and nothing that could affect the stock outlook by Vince putting his foot in his mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Honestly I don't know if I can watch RAW this week after this. This whole thing just soured me on the WWE

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah i was starting to warm up to him a little after a long time of disliking him but gently caress him lmao

i believe this actually isn't the first time i've heard he's a total rear end in a top hat either, though i can't remember who else has said it

tbf, even hearing it from Punk he's more incompetent than malicious. Hopefully he's gotten better.

Smoking Crow posted:

Knowing how bad Japanese business practices are, New Japan is probably worse

They have a screwy mentality with injuries as well but they seem to treat the boys well and people are happy backstage. Hell, when people have had to take time off for injuries they've gotten the same push afterwards.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

OldTennisCourt posted:

Honestly I don't know if I can watch RAW this week after this. This whole thing just soured me on the WWE

No matter how horrible you think it is I can pretty much guarantee that it's worse. Have you seen the poo poo people eat to keep a 50k a year job? Now multiply that by 6 and you're feasting on turds all day long.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

OldTennisCourt posted:

If got over the Benoit tragedy you will get over this as a fan.

Bret Hart spoke about Wrestlers as circus animals in 1997.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
I don't really follow the independents, but the only promoters I've ever heard about treating the wrestlers well is the loving Insane Clown Posse :psyduck:

Shawn Cotureier fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 27, 2014

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Thauros posted:

tbf, even hearing it from Punk he's more incompetent than malicious. Hopefully he's gotten better.

They have a screwy mentality with injuries as well but they seem to treat the boys well and people are happy backstage. Hell, when people have had to take time off for injuries they've gotten the same push afterwards.

I feel like Ryback has definitely got better since his surgery, but they still seem reluctant to push him especially after he gassed pretty hard in a sub 10 min match with Cesaro.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Sasha aint ratchet posted:

If I recall correctly, after Punk left, Ryback tweeted something like "Are we taking dibs? I call the Go 2 Sleep."

The tweet has since then been deleted.

Ryback deletes everything because it's too good for this world.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Really? This is what did it? How does this affect the on air product for you?

I don't much like sweatshop labor but I sure do like my smartphone/clothing/everything else.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I like everything Ryback does outside the ring, but if he's that dangerous they need to bust him down to NXT or something till he isn't.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Yuriy posted:

Really? This is what did it? How does this affect the on air product for you?

I don't much like sweatshop labor but I sure do like my smartphone/clothing/everything else.

Uh...I can go without watching wrestling?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

fatherdog posted:

I like everything Ryback does outside the ring, but if he's that dangerous they need to bust him down to NXT or something till he isn't.

So pretty much never.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I could have sworn there were people saying Ryback wasn't all that dangerous and people here were just making a big deal about nothing. The usual WWE apologist kind of stuff.

Anyway Ryback Rules and he ran CM Punk out of the company, he should work that into his gimmick.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

fatherdog posted:

He'll never be seen on TV again if that's the case. He was in developmental forever and never got good at anything other than somehow passing wellness tests.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

fatherdog posted:

This was also a year ago or more, he may have improved his behavior in that time.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

armoredgorilla posted:

This was also a year ago or more, he may have improved his behavior in that time.

He was also an 8 year veteran of the WWE system in 2013, so it's not as if he was some green rookie.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
How arrogant do you have to be to say that the Shield was ruined because they didn't debut as your lackeys, and instead debuted and created three fresh and new stars? Did Punk really need another New Nexus?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Mr. Maggy posted:

How arrogant do you have to be to say that the Shield was ruined because they didn't debut as your lackeys, and instead debuted and created three fresh and new stars? Did Punk really need another New Nexus?

Did he ever say they were "ruined"? I didn't get that, I just thought Punk was listing another suspicious example of him working on something and then Vince or HHH taking it away.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

In these trying times we need a savior. Someone to save us from the scummy bookers and promoters. Someone with a guitar and an irrational hatred of women

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Did he ever say they were "ruined"? I didn't get that, I just thought Punk was listing another suspicious example of him working on something and then Vince or HHH taking it away.

mr. maggy's that guy who tried to get cm punk's picture at the blackhawks game

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
When a leader speaks, that leader dies.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Alouicious posted:

mr. maggy's that guy who tried to get cm punk's picture at the blackhawks game

like any self respecting person would attend a hockey game

now excuse me while i order tickets for RAW

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

fatherdog posted:

he was in developmental for like a decade so I'm not sure he'll ever be anything but a charismatic klutz

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
CM Punk chants were starting to get annoying to me but now I hope they never stop.

Chanting it at AJ is pretty dumb, though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mr. Maggy posted:

like any self respecting person would attend a hockey game

now excuse me while i order tickets for RAW

I don't think that was the point he was trying to make there.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oatgan posted:

he was in developmental for like a decade so I'm not sure he'll ever be anything but a charismatic klutz

But Brad Maddox already exists

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Yaya posted:

CM Punk chants were starting to get annoying to me but now I hope they never stop.

Chanting it at AJ is pretty dumb, though.

But if you chant it at AJ she will go home to Phil and tell him all about that time I chanted CM PUNK at her

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

To people who think this will affect crowd chants or reactions or whatever, you are more deluded than whoever booked the "I SAID, DID YOU BRING YOUR SCISSORS" thing, thinking that anyone but a smark will hear this

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

triplexpac posted:

I think he's also mad at HHH for vetoing Chris Hero out of the Shield, which kind of makes him leaving make more sense now.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I wouldn't even doubt Ryback being instructed to rough punk up.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Glad Punk walked out. I figured he was just hurt and burnt out mostly, but that makes it sound so much worse. Hope he really does stay away for good.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

This interview made me think less of the WWE, Vince and kinda HHH but it also did nothing to improve my view of Punk

The only sympy he got from me was for the staph thing because that's genuinely hosed up

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Yuriy posted:

To people who think this will affect crowd chants or reactions or whatever, you are more deluded than whoever booked the "I SAID, DID YOU BRING YOUR SCISSORS" thing, thinking that anyone but a smark will hear this

That was back in 2000 in the ye olde days of the internet. Now the majority of the first world has a smartphone that connects them to the internet 24/7. Even someone casual who just googles CM Punk to see what he's up to will be able to find this.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

im just kind of surprised aj still worked for wwe after what punk went through

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

That was back in 2000 in the ye olde days of the internet. Now the majority of the first world has a smartphone that connects them to the internet 24/7. Even someone casual who just googles CM Punk to see what he's up to will be able to find this.

Welp, now TMZ has caught onto the story

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TMZ picked it up http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/27/cm-punk-wwe-fired-wedding-aj-lee-colt-cabana-art-of-wrestling/

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Good thing nobody reads TMZ but smarks right

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

Good thing nobody reads TMZ but smarks right

It's almost like it wasn't mentioned that TMZ picked it up until just now because I'll give you a little hint: The bulk of the Raw viewership and audience does not listen to podcasts

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Yuriy wrong about thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I can't wait for next weeks Raw. It's ether going to be full Vince McMahon battle mode or WWE playing dumb to loud chants.

• Locked thread