Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

dsriggs posted:

Yuriy wrong about thing.

I'm loving shocked by this turn of events even more than anything Punk said in this interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

dsriggs posted:

Yuriy wrong about thing.

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm loving shocked by this turn of events even more than anything Punk said in this interview.

Oh noooo, a dude pointed out that the majority of the audience neither hears nor cares about "poo poo says on podcast" before someone linked/posted that TMZ caught on to it

I sure am wrong??

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The audience that regularly chants "CM Punk" at AJ Lee despite their marriage never having been mentioned on TV will surely be unable to find out any of the stuff that CM Punk said on Colt Cabana's podcast.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

The audience that regularly chants "CM Punk" at AJ Lee despite their marriage never having been mentioned on TV will surely be unable to find out any of the stuff that CM Punk said on Colt Cabana's podcast.

Pretty sure that showed up in TMZ too, and wasn't announced on a podcast

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

oatgan posted:

he was in developmental for like a decade so I'm not sure he'll ever be anything but a charismatic klutz

Ryback for RAW GM

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Is it pronounced "Yuri y" or "Yuri" with a long I

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

You're probably one of the last people that should be doing jokes about someone saying something wrong or bad

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

You're probably one of the last people that should be doing jokes about someone saying something wrong or bad

At least I'm aware that I'm an rear end in a top hat.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There is some truth that a good portion of the wrestling audience doesn't listen to podcasts, but all it's gonna take is a good portion of the ones who do to get a chant going and it becomes a thing.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Yuriy posted:

Really? This is what did it? How does this affect the on air product for you?

I don't much like sweatshop labor but I sure do like my smartphone/clothing/everything else.

Now you know that the on-air product is worse without Phil as creative.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Vince to install anti-jump net around Titan Towers

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Smoking Crow posted:

Is it pronounced "Yuri y" or "Yuri" with a long I

The y is just kind of there not doing anything, blame the ukrainians

TheJoker138 posted:

At least I'm aware that I'm an rear end in a top hat.

You're getting to be more annoying than LividLiquid, it's really quite an accomplishment and I liked it better when you just stuck to posting about your weird emilie autumn obsession and getting mocked for it

fatherdog posted:

Ryback for RAW GM

Now this I'm down with

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

To be fair, I don't think business practices will change because of chants. If you really want standards to change, you need people to quit buying pay per views

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yuriy posted:

You're getting to be more annoying than LividLiquid, it's really quite an accomplishment and I liked it better when you just stuck to posting about your weird emilie autumn obsession and getting mocked for it

I have you blocked, but when people keep quoting you and the discussion devolves to "Yuriy said something stupid" I mainly only post just to annoy you. So I'm glad that this hasn't all been for nothing and I'm succeeding.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Stop trolling each other and be friendly OK.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Smoking Crow posted:

To be fair, I don't think business practices will change because of chants. If you really want standards to change, you need people to quit buying pay per views

Theyre way ahead of you since there are no more ppvs

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

There is some truth that a good portion of the wrestling audience doesn't listen to podcasts, but all it's gonna take is a good portion of the ones who do to get a chant going and it becomes a thing.

Well yeah, they might not listen to the podcast but it's still stupid to say that it'll affect nothing like information doesn't spread.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Yuriy posted:

It's almost like it wasn't mentioned that TMZ picked it up until just now because I'll give you a little hint: The bulk of the Raw viewership and audience does not listen to podcasts

Did you know 2.1 million people listen to the art of wrestling? That's more than Minor Threat, Youth of Today and Judge combined!!!!!!

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Just finished the interview and uh...wow, circumstances for Punk were a lot worse than I thought. WWE PR is going to have their work cut out for them with this one.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

I have you blocked, but when people keep quoting you and the discussion devolves to "Yuriy said something stupid" I mainly only post just to annoy you. So I'm glad that this hasn't all been for nothing and I'm succeeding.

Is that a new record for quickest time to puppetmaster defense

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Yuriy posted:

Theyre way ahead of you since there are no more ppvs

You know what I mean. If a mass of people unsubscribe from the network, they'll be forced to change. But that won't happen and if it did, we'd get the New Generation all over again

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I'm hoping he timed this for the end of the WWE's free month campaign.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Is that a new record for quickest time to puppetmaster defense

I don't know that "intentionally trolling one guy" counts as puppetmaster defense.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

TheJoker138 posted:

What is wrong with your brain?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

harperdc posted:

love Punk, feel bad that there doesn't seem like there's any way I'll see him perform ever again but it sounds like his life has gotten so much better. can't be mad that he's

This. I can't even bear to listen to it because honestly I think it'd make me angry and sad and I don't wanna be that way on my favorite holiday.

I am legit saddened on many levels that things are this bad both with Punk and in general. :(

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

You know what I mean. If a mass of people unsubscribe from the network, they'll be forced to change. But that won't happen and if it did, we'd get the New Generation all over again

The network was already in the shits and we've seen little change beyond having 9.99 crammed into our faces.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Keg posted:

What is wrong with your brain?

Like I said earlier, I'm an rear end in a top hat.

E: But you're right. I'm in a lovely mood today and shouldn't be trying to do any of this poo poo. I'm gonna leave for a bit before this gets worse for all of us (me digging a hole and you having to read my posts).

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Roman Reigns posted:

Just finished the interview and uh...wow, circumstances for Punk were a lot worse than I thought. WWE PR is going to have their work cut out for them with this one.

They'll just ignore it.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Thauros posted:

They have a screwy mentality with injuries as well but they seem to treat the boys well and people are happy backstage. Hell, when people have had to take time off for injuries they've gotten the same push afterwards.

there's also the whole dojo culture where you wash jushin liger's rear end crack and nutsack and do drills until you pass out every day

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
TMZ picked it up: http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/27/cm-punk-wwe-fired-wedding-aj-lee-colt-cabana-art-of-wrestling/

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

Like I said earlier, I'm an rear end in a top hat.

do you drive really slow in the super fast lane while people around you are going insane

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Congrats to Colt for the exposure even though the site that hosts his podcast has been making GBS threads the bed for hours now so people have to find other ways to get it

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Spermgod posted:

there's also the whole dojo culture where you wash jushin liger's rear end crack and nutsack and do drills until you pass out every day

Hell, I'd wash liger's rear end in a top hat any day

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also :lol: at anyone thinking Colt loving Cabana's podcast is gonna be the impetus for some major crowd revolts or something. Like seriously, come the gently caress on you guys.

Okay now that TMZ picked it up I may be wrong.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

shut up about who's the worst poster and talk about how bad wwe is please

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Don't read threads, don't watch figh- wait that's the UFC thread thing.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also :lol: at anyone thinking Colt loving Cabana's podcast is gonna be the impetus for some major crowd revolts or something. Like seriously, come the gently caress on you guys.

Who thought that

Foochs you always make these 'you people' statements that never really apply to anyone here

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Doc Aman is Dolph's travel buddy; I'm scared Dolph is going to have a brain bleed and he'll prescribe him tylenol,

No wonder Bryan didn't know what was up with his neck/elbow for so long.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah if anything hopefully they at least replace that really bad doctor because goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Who thought that

Plenty of people? They didn't say something like "if/when a media outlet picks this up", it was immediately "hoo boy WWE is in some trouble with this one!"

I mean they SHOULD be and now that TMZ picked it up they might well be but before that? Nah.

• Locked thread