Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
At least Adalind's scene in this episode helped to explain why Viktor wanted to break her. I don't think she would have volunteered quite as much so fast otherwise.

TMMadman posted:

'I know what convoluted means' was hilarious.

Hmmm, after tonight's episode, I was thinking that the thread could use a new thread title. Would that work? I'll re-watch the episode anyway to look for other lines, because I think this episode had a few good ones.

Grimm Season 4: "I know what convoluted means."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Looks like the death thing started to happen but faded away. I liked this episode; I forgot just how cocky Nick can be. He's kind of a little poo poo.

ALSO HOLY poo poo JULIETTE'S PREGNANT! Unless it turns out it's just some side-effect of the potion or she has some 'connection' to Adalind now and can feel what she feels or something like that....

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
Next week looks FANTASTIC.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Yeah, the holiday episodes tend to be a real treat. Evil elves this year?

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Oh god, I wonder if that spell fucks with genetics. Because if it physically changed Julliette into Adalind and she got pregnant during that, could the baby actually be part Nick and part Adalind?

Nah...couldn't have been that total a change or Juliette would have become a full on Hexenbeast as part of it.

...I hope.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I'm just glad they didn't drag Nick with no powers on any longer. Also could somebody remind me who Josh is?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I'm just glad they didn't drag Nick with no powers on any longer. Also could somebody remind me who Josh is?

I think a dying Grimm wanted to give his key to the nearest non-rear end in a top hat Grimm he could find: Nick. John is that Grimm's son.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Oh him. Thanks.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Bringing Josh back was a great move. It also cements the fact that Nick getting his mojo back was of course the right choice. Grimm or not, this Key business is not going away and will hurt everyone involved in it.

I realized that Adalind's mind trip started with her eating something - probably Be Stupid bread - and her visions all had a distinct Alice in Wonderland flair to them. Drowning in a pool of tears, strange doors, eating food that does stuff to you, even the baby turning into a pig.

Preview: Juliette (maybe) having a (possible)Grimm baby is a big deal. That baby would need a lot of protection since it wouldn't have the benefit of anonymity.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
This last episode cemented something I didn't expect: I really like Juliette.

She was really annoying for the first few years, but this season has shown her change.

She was confronted with a difficult situation (her boyfriends rape and depowering), handled it pretty well and when they found that the only way to reempower him, they discussed it like adults.

Both were on the fence until their friends were in danger and decided to do it "for the greater good."

The scene was handled surprisingly well. Hell I give Trubble/Julliette the lines of the show "I really happy your you." /"I did not like being a blonde."

(although Monroe and Rosalee popping around the corner after the deed was hilarious)

Then, when they weren't sure it worked and needed Monroe in the field, she volunteered to help protect Rosalee and brought her gun to the apothecary.

She's now part of the team rather then a foil and honestly, it really reduced her annoyance factor.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I liked the bit in the spice shop with the chorus of "Heys." Yeah, fellas, clearly the "wimminfolk" have got this one. I'm really looking forward to Juliette blowing some Wolfsangel assholes right the gently caress away eventually.

newts
Oct 10, 2012
Maybe this new baby will somehow be connected to the whole 'missing twin' plot with Adalind's baby that I thought the writers had just forgotten about - the double heartbeat on the ultrasound, etc.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

shades of eternity posted:

This last episode cemented something I didn't expect: I really like Juliette.
She was really annoying for the first few years, but this season has shown her change.
This was perhaps the first episode of the series that didn't leave me hoping Juliet would be written out and/or killed off.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Robot Hobo posted:

This was perhaps the first episode of the series that didn't leave me hoping Juliet would be written out and/or killed off.

Her busting out the Charlie's Angels moves on a pissed-off Klaustreich didn't seal that for you?

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
That CGI where Nick's girlfriend turns into Adalind was really amazing.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

johntfs posted:

I liked the bit in the spice shop with the chorus of "Heys." Yeah, fellas, clearly the "wimminfolk" have got this one. I'm really looking forward to Juliette blowing some Wolfsangel assholes right the gently caress away eventually.

This episode is close to how Grimm could be at its peak. Great lines and characterization, good effects, it was really a pleasure to watch this time around.

Also glad to see the writers didn't get rid of Nick's "superpowers", though I guess they could have easily done a reset with Adalind's magic.

Also, gently caress Adalind. Ugh.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Astrofig posted:

Her busting out the Charlie's Angels moves on a pissed-off Klaustreich didn't seal that for you?

The best part of that for me was that Bitsie did not bust out moves from Buffy, Charlie's Angels, etc. She fought the guy the way a smaller, weaker person would have to fight him, viciously, relentlessly and trying to inflict as much pain and damage as possible, not letting up until he was unconscious or dead (which he likely would've been had not Nick come in with the gun).

Juliette is awesome because she's so practical about things, like bringing extra ammo for her gun which she also brought.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Ravane posted:

That CGI where Nick's girlfriend turns into Adalind was really amazing.
Yeah, that was pretty cool.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Since the current thread title seems to be not so applicable anymore, I think there should be a new one.

Which of these sounds best? (If you have another suggestion, by all means.)

Grimm Season 4: "Sorry I'm late, I had to pick up more ammo."
Grimm Season 4: Juliette: "Sorry I'm late, I had to pick up more ammo."
Grimm Season 4: "A Grimm?" "Yeah, I am."

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Since the current thread title seems to be not so applicable anymore, I think there should be a new one.

I love the first one.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

If the title could be a gif, it would be Monroe and Rosalee drinking beer at the same time.

Otherwise, the first one is the best.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

Definitely the first one.

Next week makes me happy because it looks like it's going to be lots of full group banter and stuff, and Nick'll be back in the game, and.. Yeah, good ol' Grimm.

I'm just definitely hoping that Truble stays around for good even though Nick has his powers back- she's a lot of fun and fits in perfectly with the group.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I was pretty pleased with her car scene. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
How about, "Rudyard Kipling was Grimm"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

johntfs posted:

I love the shock/surprise on their faces when Juliette brings her gun. It's hilarious to remember that Wessen just have special powers and funny faces but if you're not shocked still from their face you can still shoot them in the face and they will die.

It's been a while since Juliette beat the poo poo out of a angry Wessen and I think we're going to see some more of it. The 'racist' Wessen will probably attack and Juliette will drop at least one of them.

An odd note, the random guy Jacob is the son of a Grimm, and he seems to be at the age where, like Nick, the Grimm-ness can suddenly come on. Adding a third Grimm would be weird but it could give Trubel a reason to vanish for a while when she takes him to train him to fight/deal with Wessen.

And the idea that a Wessen-friendly Grimm army/militia forming in Portland would hilarious just for more scenes with Bud weirding out over the whole situation.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

pentyne posted:

An odd note, the random guy Jacob is the son of a Grimm, and he seems to be at the age where, like Nick, the Grimm-ness can suddenly come on. Adding a third Grimm would be weird but it could give Trubel a reason to vanish for a while when she takes him to train him to fight/deal with Wessen.
Well, his dad died last season, so if he was going to develop powers, he probably should have done so by now.

Maybe he has another living Grimm relative left?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Some Numbers posted:

Well, his dad died last season, so if he was going to develop powers, he probably should have done so by now.

Maybe he has another living Grimm relative left?

I don't think it works like that, I think it's just a trait that shows itself at a certain point (though as shown by Nick and Trubel, that point varies on a personal basis). If it was slayer-style, Nick and his mother wouldn't both be Grimms at once.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!... per bloodline.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

I don't think it works like that, I think it's just a trait that shows itself at a certain point (though as shown by Nick and Trubel, that point varies on a personal basis). If it was slayer-style, Nick and his mother wouldn't both be Grimms at once.

Back in the pilot, Nick's aunt explained that he was starting to see Wesen because her cancer was getting worse and she was dying.

Though I suppose the revelation that Nick's mom is alive does sort of screw that up.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Back in the pilot, Nick's aunt explained that he was starting to see Wesen because her cancer was getting worse and she was dying.

Though I suppose the revelation that Nick's mom is alive does sort of screw that up.

Yeah, I think they've retconned that a bit

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

ETB posted:

If the title could be a gif, it would be Monroe and Rosalee drinking beer at the same time.

That was definitely a highlight of the episode, especially with Trubel's reaction of "oh it's one of those nights is it?"

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
Since Rudyard Kipling has been mentioned, how about the Grimm Man's Burden? :p.

and the Monroe/Rosaline drinking gif should be put in front of the exposition of the first post with something snarky like "your going to need a couple of these." :D

shades of eternity fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 30, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

pentyne posted:

And the idea that a Wessen-friendly Grimm army/militia forming in Portland would hilarious just for more scenes with Bud weirding out over the whole situation.

This is also a cool idea since it makes Portland more of a threat to the Royals. Portland would have 3 grimms refusing to put up with their political bullshit. Is Reynard's mom going to try to kill Kelly for her granddaughter? It'd be nice if they could get word to Kelly that the grandmother, whom nobody but the Portland grimms and company know is alive, wishes to take custody. It would be a safe place. Safer now that Adelind's loose.

shades of eternity posted:

Since Rudyard Kipling has been mentioned, how about the Grimm Man's Burden? :p.
Felt the need to fix that for you. Sorry.

Bored fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 30, 2014

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

VBane posted:

Oh god, I wonder if that spell fucks with genetics. Because if it physically changed Julliette into Adalind and she got pregnant during that, could the baby actually be part Nick and part Adalind?

Just had a thought that they could do all sorts of interesting 'changeling baby' sorts of things with this. You know, how supposedly if you piss off the elves/forest fairies they'll steal your baby and leave one of theirs in its place. I wonder if that's what we saw starting to happen in the preview...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

hollylolly posted:

Bringing Josh back was a great move. It also cements the fact that Nick getting his mojo back was of course the right choice. Grimm or not, this Key business is not going away and will hurt everyone involved in it.

I realized that Adalind's mind trip started with her eating something - probably Be Stupid bread - and her visions all had a distinct Alice in Wonderland flair to them. Drowning in a pool of tears, strange doors, eating food that does stuff to you, even the baby turning into a pig.

People keep mentioning Alice, but all that stuff is pure fairytale. Adelind becomes less annoying when you realise she's a fairytale character acting like a fairytale character, who stands out only because the other fairytale characters don't act that way.

Fun thought: we've so far seen three royal princes: Sean Renard, his brother Eric, and Viktor. In fairytales it's always the third, youngest prince who succeeds - and that's Sean.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
You may be giving the writers too much credit. :v: Though to be fair, I really enjoyed the last episode.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jedit posted:

People keep mentioning Alice, but all that stuff is pure fairytale. Adelind becomes less annoying when you realise she's a fairytale character acting like a fairytale character, who stands out only because the other fairytale characters don't act that way.

Fun thought: we've so far seen three royal princes: Sean Renard, his brother Eric, and Viktor. In fairytales it's always the third, youngest prince who succeeds - and that's Sean.

The real question is, where are the princesses?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I didn't like Trubel at first but now she's the best character besides Monroe.

A lot of why she is awesome is because she's like a fast forward button for boring plots. She actually does things instead of just talk about them. I was worried because she had a "dark backstory" the show would dwell on it or use it as a crutch. But instead of dragging the plot down she does the most to actually advance the plot.

She gets right in the face of people and finds out wtf is going on in 10 seconds where it takes Nick and Hank forever.

The whole wesen attacking Nick subplot she basically demolished before it began. She's the one who essentially told Nick and Juliet to just gently caress already because she was sick of them being so needy.

Trubel rules and has made the show better and more entertaining. Hopefully the show realizes they lucked out with the actress and character and doesn't mess it up!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I forgot - Adalind even falls down a hole? back into her cell at the end of her vision/experience. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

MacheteZombie posted:

The real question is, where are the princesses?

One tried to have Monroe assassinated in season 2. So they are basically the princes with less penis, but an equal amount of balls.

• Locked thread