Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Rafzakael posted:

After about 50 rerolls, I managed to find a Oda Nobunaga. Is this alright (it's listed as acceptable) or should I continue to reroll?

I have a spare account if you want it too. It has wildcat, mundus, yukimura, and I think hk as well. It's already gotten ~30 or so of its co-op bonus stones though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

bengy81 posted:

Alright, so I have been playing since launch, although its been pretty casual. I have max level Odin, Hunter King, Oda Nobunga and Arthur, but basically only have enough mats to evolve one of them. I am leaning towards Arthur, but is there a case to be made for Odin or the other two?

Arthur for sure. Odin's not bad in his own way but Arthur is simply better.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Arthur for sure. Odin's not bad in his own way but Arthur is simply better.

Going to do Arthur, but instead of Odin, I actually meant Zeus, so I am assuming that the same is true.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I managed to roll tequila on my ipad so I'm abandoning my phone uriel account in favor of that, but I keep getting owned on the first 50-stone roll. This time again all 4* except lancelot-X, which seems barely strong enough to raise?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

gwrtheyrn posted:

I have a spare account if you want it too. It has wildcat, mundus, yukimura, and I think hk as well. It's already gotten ~30 or so of its co-op bonus stones though.

Thanks, but I'll keep what I got and just go with it for now.

Y2J
Aug 18, 2000

The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah

bengy81 posted:

Going to do Arthur, but instead of Odin, I actually meant Zeus, so I am assuming that the same is true.

You'll want to ascend zeus. Get the dark wyrm's from the event coming up Saturday (or you got them earlier today) and save the divine sharl. Use Arthur with good coop friends and you'll have no problems.

applebane
Jun 5, 2011

Zo posted:

I managed to roll tequila on my ipad so I'm abandoning my phone uriel account in favor of that, but I keep getting owned on the first 50-stone roll. This time again all 4* except lancelot-X, which seems barely strong enough to raise?

lancelot is suppose to be getting an ascension that will make him viable in some of the higher dungeons that are still japan only right now.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

bengy81 posted:

I'd probably take Zeus over Arthur because you can ascend Zeus and make him better than a regular 6* Arthur (who can't ascend atm). Plus Ascended Zeus's strike shot lets tyou move while Arthur's doesn't so the potential for far greater damage is there. I've used dark zeus buddies and hit for 1.2-1.7 million damage using their strike shot since the lightning seems to have a small AOE and thus those shield things become a liability, plus the damage done by hitting off of an Arthur or two.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Gave up. Haf a mungus but accidentally ran my reset script out of habit.

Got a odin so ill go with this for now

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

EVIR Gibson posted:

Gave up. Haf a mungus but accidentally ran my reset script out of habit.

Got a odin so ill go with this for now

Mind sharing it?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

saucepanman posted:

Mind sharing it?

Share what? If you meant the mungus, that save is deleted

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
No the script :v:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

saucepanman posted:

No the script :v:

Its done in tasker for android. You need root to access the stuff in /data/data

Reset Monster (2)
A1: Kill App [ App:MONSTER Use Root:On ]
A2: Delete File [ File:/data/data/jp.co.mixi.monsterstrikeUS/data10.bin Shred Level:0 Use Root:On ]
A3: Set Clipboard [ Text:sarsnick Add:Off ]

So it kills the game, deletes the bin file, and copies my name so I can just paste it into the field instead of typing.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Playing the game with the LINE group enhances the experience by a ton. I had never used line before and it seemed like it would be a pain overall but it's totally worth it. Excited to see where this game goes in the future as the english version catches up with JP. Just wish there were more free stones, or that the game didn't require you to pull a 10-shot to have any chance of getting a worthwhile drop out of it.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
I'm trying to start playing this game but I think I've seriously screwed something up when doing the reroll process. Right now, no matter what I do, I'll end up after the first roll, ready to do the next bit of the tutorial with the edit team stuff. If I continue with it, I get an error 4, get booted back to the beginning of the edit team section to loop it all again. Deleting data10.bin doesn't help, neither does getting rid of all the data nor reinstalling. Trying another username lets me do the initial tutorial bit again, but once the level rewards screen is done, it's back to the edit team tutorial again, and my username is back to the old bugged account's again.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Damegane posted:

I'm trying to start playing this game but I think I've seriously screwed something up when doing the reroll process. Right now, no matter what I do, I'll end up after the first roll, ready to do the next bit of the tutorial with the edit team stuff. If I continue with it, I get an error 4, get booted back to the beginning of the edit team section to loop it all again. Deleting data10.bin doesn't help, neither does getting rid of all the data nor reinstalling. Trying another username lets me do the initial tutorial bit again, but once the level rewards screen is done, it's back to the edit team tutorial again, and my username is back to the old bugged account's again.

I saw this. There is an ability to upload your save to the google account. I did not use it but since I rerolled about 20 times and never had your issue I think this might be the problem.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

EVIR Gibson posted:

I saw this. There is an ability to upload your save to the google account. I did not use it but since I rerolled about 20 times and never had your issue I think this might be the problem.

I wasn't even aware that you could backup your account to Google+ until I saw your post, but that gave me an idea to try and use the transfer data option at the initial nickname choice dialog to see if it would reset my account on the servers or something like that. Of course, since I didn't actually backup my account, there was nothing to transfer and it failed. That's fine, so I went ingame and it worked for a bit, then I tried to reroll, and it went back to the usual error no. 4 thing. And now it's gotten even worse since I can't even get to that point anymore and I just get error no. 4 after choosing my nickname. :negative:

Is there a support email for this game? I've probably messed this up beyond repair and have to get support to fix things now.

e: Managed to fix it somehow using a VPN. Rerolled with the VPN on till I got a Zeus, then backed up my account and switched off the VPN.

Damegane fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 1, 2014

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I rolled 10 yesterday during the promo. I got Sakamoto Ryoma, so he is now obtainable in english. Goes well with Zeus. Other 5 star was Harley. Also got Karin, 2x Katsu Kaishu, 2x John Manjiro, Ishida Mitsunari, Cetus, and Dear Lotta. Yeah, getting that one A tier monster to hang with Zeus.

jbitt
Dec 22, 2009

sencerly,
I hope this game gets as popular as PAD cause it's actually a poo poo ton of fun when you have friends that can run the extreme dungeons.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
It's already more popular than PAD in Japan, but the US seems way less down with the abysmal gacha so we'll see.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

dragon enthusiast posted:

It's already more popular than PAD in Japan, but the US seems way less down with the abysmal gacha so we'll see.

That, plus the sense that there's just not a whole lot to actually do in this game. I've already farmed up a max luck drake, I've maxed out the stats on my Super Striker Jr, and I've cleared all the normal dungeons. The 4* Descended dungeons all feel pretty much the same to me, and I'm effectively locked out of most of the 5* Descended dungeons because of that stupid Deity Striker bullshit. So what's left?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

I've maxed out the stats on my Super Striker Jr

I don't even want to know how much time you spent on this. :psyduck:

Wyeth
Apr 19, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

I don't even want to know how much time you spent on this. :psyduck:

I'm guessing he did what I'm doing, which is put about 5-7% of striker's max stats on a bunch of strikers from the friend machine, and then hope for mega fusions?

I have 12 striker Jr's in my box at the moment and that's my current plan.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Yggdrasil is now in NA Monster Strike. Yet another S tier.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Did a 10 pull batch to try for Yggdrasil. Got 10 4* units, including 3 goddamn Freya dupes. :negative:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Did a 10 pull batch to try for Yggdrasil. Got 10 4* units, including 3 goddamn Freya dupes. :negative:

I got 5 Freya dupes. 4 in a row.

On the other hand I have a 25 Luck 5* Freya now. :shrug:

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I got 5 Freya dupes. 4 in a row.

On the other hand I have a 25 Luck 5* Freya now. :shrug:

I got myself a 16 luck Saya.

My biggest gripe with the game so far is that with rare exception, the 4 star drops feel completely useless.

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

Not sure if I'm lucky or unlucky for rolling a Yggdra, given that I have no bump combos to work with - the account's only other 5* mon is Sanada, whose spray combo seems mostly useless.

Do affinity bonuses end? I've been co-opturbating a fair amount between a phone and iPad account, and picked up three maxpies and three 3rd-tier morlings so far. The next bonus is a light maxpie, presumably followed by a dark maxpie, but after that ...?

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

*crickets*

Never mind those piddly affinity bonuses. They're handing out 5 winter maxpies (yellow) a day through the end of the year, along with daily orbs in what seems like the first serious giveaway since opening. :confuoot:

I've only been playing sporadically, so it'll be nice to finally have max-level characters.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I just started playing this yesterday. Coming from PAD this game seems a lot more generous when it comes to Magic Stones and stat bonuses. I didn't get any of the monsters in the OP as my starter (I got Venus). Do I really need to start over? The OP doesn't imply that I really need a good starter to succeed in this game.

After rerolling a lot, I got a Zeus. I'm happy with that.

Mill Village fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 2, 2015

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I rolled a Shiva. Since it aint on the list I assume that's a reroll?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I swear to God this loving game, I've made so many Golden 10-shots and my only 5-stars are Lin Zi and Merlin. I think Amaterasu and Dear Lotta are my only particularly good 4-stars at that.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Yeah it's pretty insane how many 10 shots you can do and get gently caress-all from it. Then again, I haven't rolled for awhile and I'm back up to 237 orbs because they give away so drat many. :shrug:

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just started playing around 6 days ago. Right now my current team is Wildcat, Lin Zi, and Nanami. is this serviceable?

i also pulled a Zues during a 10 shot but I'm out of expies to feed him.

Also does this game skimp out on the free orbs once you get past a certain point? Will I get screwed for spending them now?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Use Zeus as your leader and drop one of those other 3. Zeus is a beast.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

OmanyteJackson posted:

I just started playing around 6 days ago. Right now my current team is Wildcat, Lin Zi, and Nanami. is this serviceable?

Also does this game skimp out on the free orbs once you get past a certain point? Will I get screwed for spending them now?

Zeus will carry you pretty far on his own merits. And expies aren't too hard to come by, so definitely start working on him ASAP.

I haven't had a ton of free time to play lately, is the group dead now or is there a prime time to log in and play with goons? Barring that, are there any there any other good line groups to get into?

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

The golden hatcher drop rate killed this game for me. It would be better if you didn't have to hoard up 50 stones to roll for even the tiniest chance of something decent. At least that way all my disappointing drops would be spread out further apart rather than staring me in the face all at once. Or if it felt like there was any way to progress without getting a top tier monster.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

slouch posted:

The golden hatcher drop rate killed this game for me. It would be better if you didn't have to hoard up 50 stones to roll for even the tiniest chance of something decent. At least that way all my disappointing drops would be spread out further apart rather than staring me in the face all at once. Or if it felt like there was any way to progress without getting a top tier monster.

Yeah, that's the big problem, at least in PAD, there are uses for the not gold drops, even if it sucks to pull a silver or a three star.

In MS I've had close to 70 hatcher pulls, and I think I've pulled 6 five star cards. Of those I have used 4 of them. Of all the 4 and lower cards I've pulled, I've found a use for two of them, and that sucks.

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

OmanyteJackson posted:

Since the game opened, I've only seen one or two serious orb giveaways, nothing like PAD's eternal events. Co-op does generate some orbs, with 5 (?) for the first affinity level per friend, and another orb every other affinity level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I keep rerolling machinery depicted as little girls. just give me something good already.

E: gently caress it. I keep getting the same 4 star poo poo and when I do roll a 5 star, it's a worst tier like Lancelot or Apollo.

E2: after a few more days of rolling because i crave punishment and need something to do on small bursts of boredom, I rolled Zeus.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 21, 2015

• Locked thread