Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Canadian posted:

It is kinda weird because even though I am stoked for SF5, I was kinda hoping the announcement would be dragons dogma 2, and in a way I feel a bit disappointed :smith:.

Oh well I wonder what lessons will be learned for sf5, my only guess is the game will probably not be near as link heavy to appeal to the larger crowd.

Maybe it won't be paced like molasses in 50% of matchups, but Capcom was still turning out characters with unplinkable 1-frame links in Ultra. I can't imagine them straight up starting to move Street Fighter away from links.

Beef Waifu posted:

I am super excited for SF5 and am very happy that I will have a new SF and Guilty Gear to play for years to come. I enjoyed SF4's run and had a lot of fun playing it and will continue to have fun in it even after 5 comes out.

Fighting games are fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Beef Waifu posted:

I am super excited for SF5 and am very happy that I will have a new SF and Guilty Gear to play for years to come. I enjoyed SF4's run and had a lot of fun playing it and will continue to have fun in it even after 5 comes out.

Please do not post reasonably in this thread. Thank you.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
Everyone is all excited about the updated character models and I'm just here sitting in anticipation for my new-and-improved, high definition Zangief muscles.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I am just happy that 1.) there is an announcement for a SF game on PS4 and 2.)I own a PS4.

also SRK already has a board for it.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/categories/street-fighter-v

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Yay, GGXrd and now SF5!

Two thoughts:
- Capcom should call ASW and figure out if they can use that fancy 2/3D tech to make the SF4-esque models into awesome SF3-esque visuals.
- AT LEAST CHUN AND RYU ARE IN IT WHEW

I feel like it's gotta be pretty early in the cycle though, those do just look like HD SF4 assets (even the bg and the ink trails) but I'd be surprised if the final product looks THAT similar to the previous game. Unless they really have a micro-budget.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Was really hoping they would just straight up copy Xrd's 2d but actually 3d style.

Also, Its so goddamn dark.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

can't wait for the 6 iterations of this game

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
this isn't CvS3 :mad:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kuvo posted:

this isn't CvS3 :mad:

or Project Justice 2.

Now the rumors are flying that Sony is buying out Capcom because of this. It's pretty funny reading comments from people trying to theorize business plans that have no idea how a business works.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

MinibarMatchman posted:

can't wait for the 6 iterations of this game

That's the spirit! I can already taste my disappointment with how Cody's being handled.

Oh look at me, thinking Cody'll be in this game :allears:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Policenaut posted:

That's the spirit! I can already taste my disappointment with how Cody's being handled.

Oh look at me, thinking Cody'll be in this game :allears:

gently caress cody. :mad:

...maybe they'll bring back Eagle.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
SF5 is going to have all of the FF characters including Haggar and Sodom in the Final Fight Remix Edition.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Please return Chun to non-charge, all command, thanks.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

40 OZ posted:

I'm just gonna say it outright, because I'm guessing you might come from a game like dota or wow or something:

Online only players will always be treated like second class citizens in Fighting Games.

not "from" either of those games, because I have no idea what it even means to be "from" a video game and congratulations on stating the problem in bold text, because that is currently true but shouldn't be.

it's not even going to stay true for much longer, honestly. TTT2 had fabulous netcoding, they're getting closer and closer to figuring this poo poo out. I'm not saying the online experience is a substitute for good local competition but being a grandpa about people wanting half-decent online this time is dumb. Your ways are old, old person. This is the future, and the future demands functional goddamn netplay.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Man for a moment I thought the FG thread had realized how cool and important the new Guilty Gear is but instead they're just talking about SF5 =[

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Agreeing with the disappointment that the series isn't moving to a cel-shaded look.

A realistic looking Blanka isn't on my top ten list of things I want to see.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

not "from" either of those games, because I have no idea what it even means to be "from" a video game and congratulations on stating the problem in bold text, because that is currently true but shouldn't be.

it's not even going to stay true for much longer, honestly. TTT2 had fabulous netcoding, they're getting closer and closer to figuring this poo poo out. I'm not saying the online experience is a substitute for good local competition but being a grandpa about people wanting half-decent online this time is dumb. Your ways are old, old person. This is the future, and the future demands functional goddamn netplay.

a lot of downloadable FGs have had great online too - Skullgirls, 3SOE, MvC2 (despite its myriad other bugs), and some others. We don't have to settle for lovely online anymore, there's no excuse for SF5 (or Xrd for that matter) not keeping with the times.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

I Love You! posted:

Man for a moment I thought the FG thread had realized how cool and important the new Guilty Gear is but instead they're just talking about SF5 =[

I played Guilty Gear X2 #Reload a couple of days ago with a friend who wanted to show it to me. Spent most of my time winning by picking the girl with an enormous anchor and using forward slash despite having no loving idea what I was doing. Then one time I jumped and got instantly killed from full life to none by what looked like a DP. Then I picked Baiken and continued to spam forward slash and still won like half the time. This went on for roughly an hour before I got bored and wandered back to Melty Blood. Didn't exactly endear me to the series, put it that way.

Thank for listening to my bad opinions. I'll probably still try Xrd at some point because said friend is a gg fan and will probably enlist me to play it with him as one of the only dipshits he can get to play anime fighters with him but I can't exactly say I'm looking forward to it.

also anyone in this thread got Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax yet? Netcode any good? Planning on getting it at some point but I don't really want to buy an import fighting game to play it with only a handful of other local anime players.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012
I can't wait to see more of SFV. Until I actually see more than 2 characters for 3 seconds and have something to judge the game on(like an example of the game's mechanics and speed), I'm just happy it also comes to PC.
SFxT tried to do a rollback netcode(I have no idea how that turned out in the end), so maybe we will see an updated version of that.

Ok, now I'm ready for Dragma2 reveal tomorrow.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If May didn't immediately sell you on the game your soul is dead.

I honestly just spent a round with May, knew the game was good, then discovered Venom and knew I was buying a PS3.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 5, 2014

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

a lot of downloadable FGs have had great online too - Skullgirls, 3SOE, MvC2 (despite its myriad other bugs), and some others. We don't have to settle for lovely online anymore, there's no excuse for SF5 (or Xrd for that matter) not keeping with the times.

There is no excuse.

Except for the incompetency of the developers to learn from these games.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Then one time I jumped and got instantly killed from full life to none by what looked like a DP.

did the game say 'destroyed'

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Pomp posted:

If May didn't immediately sell you on the game your soul is dead.

I honestly just spent a round with May, knew the game was good, then discovered Venom and knew I was buying a PS3.

dunno it just didn't feel good to me, I know that's partially my fault because I later found out May is the slow hard-hitting fucker of the lot and I'm generally not into those kinds of characters. Gotta go fast, man.

Endorph posted:

did the game say 'destroyed'

It did! Some kind of instant Kill move one assumes but like...it didn't look hugely special or feel impactful. It felt like I got hit by a regular rear end anti-air and instantly died. Not really complaining because I kinda just took away from that not to jump when the guy has many meter but it was initially confusing.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

40 OZ posted:

I said "an element."

I'm trying to counterbalance the incessant whining and twitter campaigning that just overwhelms all discussion these days.

We know practically nothing and everyone is upset and their waifu didn't get in.

It was bad for Tekken 7 but we knew alot more about T7. We know 5 seconds of SF5 and its the same.

Yeah, but people kinda filed into what game they wanted to play (competitively) during 3S's run. You had the entire Toodles bootleg dreamcast disc to pick your poison.

Arcade player from nyc. 3s only got burn because by time 3s came out CVS2 was well established as was mvc2 newbies would run into a solid wall so everyone who wasnt playing those either played snk or picked up 3rd strike and ran with it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It did! Some kind of instant Kill move one assumes but like...it didn't look hugely special or feel impactful. It felt like I got hit by a regular rear end anti-air and instantly died. Not really complaining because I kinda just took away from that not to jump when the guy has many meter but it was initially confusing.
You have to go into a specific mode to use destroys. The character poses and red lines float over them. You don't need to have meter to use them, but the trade-off for going for a destroy is you lose your meter.

And I can't really think of any moves that look like regular anti-airs. Even Sol's has a lot of pomp and circumstance and he jumps with like 50 flames around him.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

it was probably ky's since his is just a big slash

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fereydun posted:

it was probably ky's since his is just a big slash
it's a big stab forward though how is that an anti-air

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They're much more impressive in Xrd, too, and it's possible to combo into them (with like full meter and an opponent at low health.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i4ZK-SePF8

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I am looking forward to the death of focus attacks.

I hope SF5 is more offensive than defensive though.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
I know its a lot to ask from Capcom, but...

Where's Darkstalkers????

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

I played Guilty Gear X2 #Reload a couple of days ago with a friend who wanted to show it to me. Spent most of my time winning by picking the girl with an enormous anchor and using forward slash despite having no loving idea what I was doing. Then one time I jumped and got instantly killed from full life to none by what looked like a DP. Then I picked Baiken and continued to spam forward slash and still won like half the time. This went on for roughly an hour before I got bored and wandered back to Melty Blood. Didn't exactly endear me to the series, put it that way.

Thank for listening to my bad opinions. I'll probably still try Xrd at some point because said friend is a gg fan and will probably enlist me to play it with him as one of the only dipshits he can get to play anime fighters with him but I can't exactly say I'm looking forward to it.

also anyone in this thread got Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax yet? Netcode any good? Planning on getting it at some point but I don't really want to buy an import fighting game to play it with only a handful of other local anime players.

No trolling pls

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I am looking forward to the death of focus attacks.

I hope SF5 is more offensive than defensive though.

I don't think there's a single person that would disagree with you. This was the number one complaint since Vanilla. Blocking in SF4 is just way too good.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Thwack! posted:

I know its a lot to ask from Capcom, but...

Where's Darkstalkers????

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pomp posted:

They're much more impressive in Xrd, too, and it's possible to combo into them (with like full meter and an opponent at low health.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i4ZK-SePF8
want a gif of elphelt sticking her tongue out after her destroy

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Dangit guys, this waifu aint moe enough. Get me those big cat ears dammit!!

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!

Prowler posted:

A realistic looking Blanka isn't on my top ten list of things I want to see.

I'd like to see Blanka be better designed and not be absolute trash with no real tools or offensive capability. Not being punishable on hit would be a great start, ball should always be safe on hit or always knock down.

Once again not getting my hopes up!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Gutcruncher posted:

Dangit guys, this waifu aint moe enough. Get me those big cat ears dammit!!

http://a.pomf.se/zfiina.webm

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Endorph posted:

want a gif of elphelt sticking her tongue out after her destroy

Sure!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I'm ready for the F2P business model supported by punishing microtransactions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

dragon enthusiast posted:

I'm ready for the F2P business model supported by punishing microtransactions

Me too! (PLEASE CAPCOM FOLLOW THE DOTA 2 MODEL PLEASE I KNOW YOU WONT BUT IT WOULD BE PRETTY GREAT)

• Locked thread