Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Feinne posted:

Organism Abathur in agreement with statement. Concern over unneeded qualifiers. Inefficient.

By not necessarily good, but inoffensive, I'm mainly thinking about Izsha. She's not interesting, well-written, or well-acted, but she's bland rather than outright bad. That description could also fit Dehaka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Cythereal posted:

By not necessarily good, but inoffensive, I'm mainly thinking about Izsha. She's not interesting, well-written, or well-acted, but she's bland rather than outright bad. That description could also fit Dehaka.

Essence? Essence.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

wiegieman posted:

Essence? Essence.

Essence.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Cythereal posted:

They're all awful mouthpieces for Metzen's hack exposition and Abathur is only okay because of his speech patterns.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

A Curvy Goonette posted:

They're all awful mouthpieces for Metzen's hack exposition and Abathur is only okay because of his speech patterns.

And because he quite frankly doesn't give two shits about Kerrigan's motivation as long as he has races to devour.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I liked Zagara as well, as one of the few Zergs smart enough to go "Oh poo poo I'm losing, can I join instead of being killed ruthlessly?"

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

George posted:

Essence.

ESSENCE ESSENCE ESSENCE ESSENCE ESSENCE ESSENCE!
(I tried to make an infin-loop link of Dehaka saying essence. It was too much trouble for me :essence:)

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Purge the colony. I'm pretty sure it's the only occurrence in the WoL campaign of the Aberration unit.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Kithrixx posted:

Purge the colony. I'm pretty sure it's the only occurrence in the WoL campaign of the Aberration unit.

They showed up in Outbreak, too.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
Save the Colony

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Kurieg posted:

And because he quite frankly doesn't give two shits about Kerrigan's motivation as long as he has races to devour.

Abathur appeals to so many players not because he talks like a yoda robot, but because he's about the ruthless efficiency of the swarm, his thoughts are pragmatic, he acts out of curiosity, yet he still has some pride to his work, and is envious when he learns of Stukov and actually wants to learn from the terrans.

Abathur is the evil overseer everybody wants to have because he has a job he loves doing, and doesn't think about willy nilly things like "becoming queen instead of the queen". He takes on the role of Swan in HOTS, but is the complete opposite character wise, he's really there to give us that "bossman" feeling in charge of a big company.

"Will simulate financial consequences, development plans are mutually exclusive, one must be chosen, the other must fall."

Samuel fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Dec 7, 2014

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
Can you please stop posting HOTS spoilers? It's right there in the OP, don't post about stuff we haven't gotten to yet.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The Casualty posted:

Can you please stop posting HOTS spoilers? It's right there in the OP, don't post about stuff we haven't gotten to yet.
But to be fair, no one has actually given away any plot.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Poil posted:

WHat plot? :p

Though still. The names of characters etc is kinda borderline spoiler territory.

Purge. I like the ending more.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Poil posted:

It looks like Samuel has edited the worst of it out of his post. It was pretty bad before.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
All I did was take out the youtube vid :P

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Save the colony. By SCIENCE. Only way to go.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

George posted:

It looks like Samuel has edited the worst of it out of his post. It was pretty bad before.

Yeah, this. Looking at the time stamps, he edited his post before anyone else said anything, which is good. I didn't actually watch the youtube clip, but I can infer that a "best of" character compilation about a plot-critical character is going to have spoilers in it.

Look, personally Samuel, I don't take the game seriously enough to get majorly butt hurt about spoilers, but it's the principle of the thing. You should be respecting the OP's rules since he's putting in so much effort to play the game and make an entertaining thread.

Kinfolk910
Nov 5, 2010
Save the Colony

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Yeah, let's all try to stop talking about Heart of the Swarm's campaign in any term more specific than 'shameful plot but really well designed gameplay' which I think we can pretty well agree on?

Also if you dislike any given Starcraft character they're probably going to die in Legacy of the Void so at least you've got that going for you.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Dec 7, 2014

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Feinne posted:

Also if you dislike any given Starcraft character they're probably going to die in Legacy of the Void so at least you've got that going for you.

I doubt the entire cast will die. :colbert:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Synastren posted:

I doubt the entire cast will die. :colbert:

Hey, we can live in hope.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

chiasaur11 posted:

If they don't make it happen we can just learn from ME3 and whine about how bad their ending is until they add a rocks-fall-everyone-dies ending out of spite.

Delta Green
Nov 2, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

Hrm. I still like Zeratul and Artanis, personally.

Especially since Zeratul has this air of "I can't believe I have to guide them through this bullshit prophecy/I can't believe this is our only hope" in all his appearances.

Hell, as we just saw, his entire response to Tassadar's words was "… Sure, whatever you say." in the most disbelieving tone you'll ever hear out of a Protoss.

It's like he knows he's the last sane one left and he's desperately trying to convince the writers he's buying the bullshit they're having him say just so they don't gently caress with his brain, but he just can't put his heart into it.

Bahumat
Oct 11, 2012

Delta Green posted:

Hrm. I still like Zeratul and Artanis, personally.

Especially since Zeratul has this air of "I can't believe I have to guide them through this bullshit prophecy/I can't believe this is our only hope" in all his appearances.

Hell, as we just saw, his entire response to Tassadar's words was "… Sure, whatever you say." in the most disbelieving tone you'll ever hear out of a Protoss.

It's like he knows he's the last sane one left and he's desperately trying to convince the writers he's buying the bullshit they're having him say just so they don't gently caress with his brain, but he just can't put his heart into it.

Headcanon established.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Save the Colonists!

Because screw the grimdark BS, let's rescue some people. We can get our purge on in the bonus video, anyway.

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

Save the colonists.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

chiasaur11 posted:

Swann is inoffensive, in that he is barely more than a menu with a voice and model.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
Save the Colonists is more fun than burning them I think. Mission wise.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Just jumping in to vote to Purge some infected.

chinchilla
May 1, 2010

In their native habitat, chinchillas live in burrows or crevices in rocks. They are agile jumpers and can jump up to 6 ft (1.8 m).
Purge.

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010
It's purge the alien, which we do if we save the colonists.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
Save the colonists.
We'll feed the purging fires in the outtake video.

wiegieman posted:

Essence? Essence.
Enchantment?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Fire Storm posted:

Save the colonists.
We'll feed the purging fires in the outtake video.

Enchantment?

That one is more "No village was ever ruined by trade" than "Enchantment"

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Veloxyll posted:

That one is more "No village was ever ruined by trade" than "Enchantment"
I'm pretty sure a lot of villages were ruined by trade, especially if the traders carried the plague.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Save the colonists.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Purge. The mission and cutscene are both more interesting.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

SirSamVimes posted:

Purge. The mission and cutscene are both more interesting.

For what it's worth, we will be doing both missions, but one of them is going to be a bonus update, so everyone will see all of the cutscenes!

Whichever the thread votes for will be first, though.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Save the colony.

Because the Protoss are more or less like the Eldar, and you should take any chance you get to kill Eldar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

chiasaur11 posted:

Save the colony.

Because the Protoss are more or less like the Eldar, and you should take any chance you get to kill Eldar.

I will fight you.

• Locked thread