Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Ularg posted:

So basically you have no proof and just want to complain about something.

Well, let's see in 11 hours. We have some proof with there being no faction commendations.

Every.Single.Firstrun upgrade/currency system has been terrible, so why would we expect anything better here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Well, let's see in 11 hours. We have some proof with there being no faction commendations.

Every.Single.Firstrun upgrade/currency system has been terrible, so why would we expect anything better here?

Yea, because faction commendations would be redundant since they all require crucible marks anyway.

I expect some people to have grounded complaints. Like the one you have on upgrading exotics. At least that had concrete Bungie backed info.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Thank you, I really appreciate that.

Can I use Xur to upgrade vex mythoclast, or is it limited to the exotics he's been selling like Suros etc?

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

snodig posted:

Can I use Xur to upgrade vex mythoclast, or is it limited to the exotics he's been selling like Suros etc?

They already buffed Mythoclast to be in line with the new 2.0 exotics. I think. I STILL CAN'T GET ONE TO DROP.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

snodig posted:

So far we do not know if his upgrade system is going to exclude the Mythoclast or Playstation exclusive exotics. Would be rather silly, but the only image of the new Xur inventory showed stuff he's able to sell or were part of an exotic bounty.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

snodig posted:

You can't upgrade the Vex Mythoclast. It is already upgraded.

I am also disappointed that with the new 323 attack vanguard weapons there is no equivalent to shadow price.

Ularg posted:

So far we do not know if his upgrade system is going to exclude the Mythoclast or Playstation exclusive exotics. Would be rather silly, but the only image of the new Xur inventory showed stuff he's able to sell.

One of the Destiny people said Hawkmoon/Monte Carlo will show up at some point for Xur.

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

Ularg posted:

So far we do not know if his upgrade system is going to exclude the Mythoclast or Playstation exclusive exotics. Would be rather silly, but the only image of the new Xur inventory showed stuff he's able to sell.

Datto said Hawkmoon and Monte Carlo are good to go.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

snodig posted:

Actually, no one knows wtf is up with the Mytho. It was buffed to 323 attack with no XP reset (SO IT IS POSSIBLE GWAUAR!11), but the new exotics and upgraded exotics will hit 331. So it's in this weird transition state atm.

1) It could be that the mytho will hit 350something when we upgrade it
2) It could hit 331 when we upgrade it, which would be a real kick in the balls
3) It might not upgrade, which would be silly
4) It might be automatically upgraded to 331 like it was to 323 because some intern typed in 323 instead of 331.
5) Profit

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

nvm

Omnicarus fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 8, 2014

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
In case you want a cool set of phone wallpapers, or just like minimalist artwork, this Reddit user made some really cool stuff.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2oktmm/created_this_trio_of_minimalist_destiny_banner/

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Someone posted a list of all the new vanguard gear that was datamined:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2onlms/new_vendor_armor_weapons_and_exotics_and_how_they/

Apparently all the existing legendary weapons will be left behind, so instead of doubling the currently existing vanguard armoury, our choices will consist of the new gear. Which to me is really really loving stupid.

Also the gear factions are selling is just going to be straight upgraded.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Alright, thanks!

I hope the expansion will be fun. I played the game somewhat intensively for about a month and then took a break awaiting new content.

Another question for you fine gentlemen; what headset are you using? Since there's no volume slider in destiny, I wan't to buy one that automatically lowers the game audio and boost the chat - any recommendations?

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

snodig posted:

Alright, thanks!

I hope the expansion will be fun. I played the game somewhat intensively for about a month and then took a break awaiting new content.

Another question for you fine gentlemen; what headset are you using? Since there's no volume slider in destiny, I wan't to buy one that automatically lowers the game audio and boost the chat - any recommendations?

Sony Golds or Pulse Elites have volume sliders that work great and the quality is really good on both sets.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

UberJumper posted:

Someone posted a list of all the new vanguard gear that was datamined:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2onlms/new_vendor_armor_weapons_and_exotics_and_how_they/

Apparently all the existing legendary weapons will be left behind, so instead of doubling the currently existing vanguard armoury, our choices will consist of the new gear. Which to me is really really loving stupid.

Also the gear factions are selling is just going to be straight upgraded.

Yeah guns being left behind is total bullshit and subtly worse than the exotic bs. It's not a good sign for the future.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Yeah guns being left behind is total bullshit and subtly worse than the exotic bs. It's not a good sign for the future.

At least that means I have a whole bunch of ascendant energies waiting to be made once I start getting the new guns and they need upgrades! :downs:

Though I'm going to be super picky about what I upgrade considering anything I get starting tomorrow is going to become scrap in March.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
I'm tempted to buy a last TDYK tonight for my alt, but I have no raid armor so that would be dumb. gently caress you Bungie.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I stubbed my toe this morning. Pre-order cancelled. This game sucks.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Honestly i do not get why they didn't have some way to upgrade weapons. People say its the standard MMO gear treadmill, but i can't think of a single MMO where your weapon defines your role. People are attached to their weapons, i loving love my Shadow Price, but now my choice of getting a 323 attack assault rifle is a low damage, and high rate of fire assault rifle.

poo poo at least offer the existing vanguard gear at the new higher attack levels.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport
Bungie just tweeted some free DLC codes for Xbox One. Slightly less racist now.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

gameday posted:

Back of the bus behind the earlier PS3/4 codes.

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

No relation. Your mouth foams. We dance.
So, is it confirmed that the update will be rolled out at the reset time? Or will the reset happen and a patch drop tomorrow mid-morning-ish?

Given enough people here, Xboners, are interested I'd probably do a raid at release because I got gently caress-all to do tomorrow other than make the wife some breakfast.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

gameday posted:

Is it too late to cancel my preorder?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Less than 5 pages and Earthy Ape Unit has half the thread filled with bitching and moaning about his "prediction" of how poo poo is going to work. :bravo:

Re:my question about KontrolFreaks, thank you goons they work drat good, Max sensitivity from a 6, I got the pack with the little stick and the big stick. If you have not tried them I recommend giving them a shot if you have not already.

Would the small ammo pool hurt the mythoclast to much to use as a raid primary? I have been trying to decide between it and the VoC for what to run for the first blind raid.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

xyigx posted:

Would the small ammo pool hurt the mythoclast to much to use as a raid primary? I have been trying to decide between it and the VoC for what to run for the first blind raid.

I would use whichever ends up with the highest attack rating, so probably the Mytho.

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

And when I mash down on your little starter, then your spark plug will give me fire.

gameday posted:

Sony Golds or Pulse Elites have volume sliders that work great and the quality is really good on both sets.

The hinges on the Gold headset are kinda lovely. I was always careful with mine and they still broke after around 3 months. They do sound great though.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

xyigx posted:

I'm gonna take my Mytho for a spin in the Crota raid today and see how it works today. If it's constantly running out of ammo I'll just switch to VoC or Suros or something, but I'm hopeful that it'll work out and be more ammo efficient just because it has more attack than anything else right now.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

Terraplane posted:

The hinges on the Gold headset are kinda lovely. I was always careful with mine and they still broke after around 3 months. They do sound great though.

Sorry, I meant sound quality. I've had my Pulse Elites for nearly 2 years and they're in good shape, but I don't want to oversell the build on the Golds since I've only used them for a few minutes.

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

xyigx posted:

It depends, what are you rolling with as a secondary?

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*

xyigx posted:

Less than 5 pages and Earthy Ape Unit has half the thread filled with bitching and moaning about his "prediction" of how poo poo is going to work. :bravo:

Re:my question about KontrolFreaks, thank you goons they work drat good, Max sensitivity from a 6, I got the pack with the little stick and the big stick. If you have not tried them I recommend giving them a shot if you have not already.

I tried Mythoclast in a HM raid the other day and kept running out of ammo. It would probably be usable if you had a secondary you could use in normal situations... Kinda sucked with ice breaker as my secondary.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is the LL30 vendor gear supposed to be enabled yet? I'm in the tower right now and don't see any.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

xyigx posted:

Sorry but this game is fun and could be very awesome if they stopped doing dumb poo poo with it. I'm not the only one mad here, probably the most vocal, yeah.

quote:

Which class are you? If you can get "more fusion ammo" armor (either from exotics like the praxic or hopefully new gear) if is more manageable. I have a praxic and plan on rolling Mythoclast and my Arc Fusion or VoC and the Plan C (along with a Hezen Vengance or my Solar Jolder's Hammer).

Btw that Solar Jolder's hammer has field scout so in PVP it spawns with 50 in the clip and 25 in the hole, definitely makes some guardians turn cold http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR/1/4611686018432578795/2305843009227914629/990689052?_

I didn't know there was a "Breaker" medal, but if four guardians are gonna sit on a control point right after the hammo spawn, they better know the Jolder's Hammer is coming. It's just too bad it's already a second tier weapon before the next IB.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

haveblue posted:

Is the LL30 vendor gear supposed to be enabled yet? I'm in the tower right now and don't see any.

Not until after the reset, no.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Mister Chompers posted:

It depends, what are you rolling with as a secondary?

300 damage 100 round swarm :) lol. I have a few guns at 300 over each type but fusion rifles.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 9, 2014

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

McFunkerson posted:

I tried Mythoclast in a HM raid the other day and kept running out of ammo. It would probably be usable if you had a secondary you could use in normal situations... Kinda sucked with ice breaker as my secondary.

How did you have icebreaker as a secondary when mythoclast is exotic?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I think he's saying that it sucked not being able to use it at the same time.

I just check all my gear and I don't have anything at LL30 with fusion rifle ammo, I'm going to try the mythoclast but chances are if the ammo is an issue I'll just fall back to VoC/Fatebringer. We'll see how much of a difference the 23 AR is I guess.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Oh. They changed the daily heroic story to 30 already.

That was surprising.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Explain real quick, I have to rank up my rep for every item I buy for them? To get the item I need to use as currency. That seems pretty Intense, am I incorrect? Are they going to make rank ups quicker?

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*

Butt Soup Barnes posted:

How did you have icebreaker as a secondary when mythoclast is exotic?

You know... I guess I didn't.... Maybe I had Praedyth's revenge equipped? Some sniper rifle.

Dart
Jan 11, 2012

FishBulb posted:

Oh. They changed the daily heroic story to 30 already.

That was surprising.

Are the rewards the same because, as far as people who raid are concerned, dailies have been mostly pointless for weeks now and it being more difficult is going to be even more of a disincentive for the average player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Dart posted:

Are the rewards the same because, as far as people who raid are concerned, dailies have been mostly pointless for weeks now and it being more difficult is going to be even more of a disincentive for the average player.

Same

I was only doing it because I had some raid gear I wanted to xp up but yeah. They didn't really work.

• Locked thread